Stores > GiftCertificates.com
  • GiftCertificate

Voice your opinion! Review GiftCertificates.com by clicking a star below.
2017-12-28

Can't I give 0 stars?

"I ordered from Marshall's a gift cert for my son's **** December 11th, on the 27th I called because it never got there, they apologized profusely and promised it would go out the next day 2 day priority, 2 days later I got an email saying it was going out that day overnight! When I called I was so hot.....I asked if they thought it would get there by next Christmas?!!! Shame on Marshall's for not telling people a third party does the gift certs, I would've just sent cash for sure! F'em I'll never use these guys or Marshall's again, ever. Pitiful :-(

2017-12-21

Never got my gift card!

"I thought they could check to see if used, then resend but now I have to submit an affidavit and wait. No present for my parents now. Awful!"

2017-11-21

Horrible Customer Service!!!

"Buying gift cards is a nightmare! They don't tell you they are out of stock until you place the order, by providing your credit card information. Then they tell you it will take 5 to 10 business days to arrive with the potential of not arriving if they can not find the gift card!!! So you maybe waiting for something that may not arrive???
Oh, and they tell you that you can either place the order or cancel it, after 17 minutes on the phone!!!
OUTRAGEOUS, HOW DO THEY STAY IN BUSINESS!!!

2017-10-23

ZERO stars if possible

"Let me first say that I am not the type of person that writes reviews EVER. This is in fact the first time in my life that I have experienced service so poor, that I was compelled to write a review. I received a certificate from my company on 9/8. I visited GC website the next day and placed an order for two certs, one $25 and one $100 both for Amazon. The delivery time was 5-10 days. I received the $25 card over 2 weeks later... close to the 5-10 days stated, so no big deal. But, the $100 cert still showed a status of "Waiting for inventory". I emailed and customer service sent a response saying "sometimes it takes a bit longer than 5-10 days" and that it was being delayed due to "hurricanes". A week later... still nothing.... I emailed again and received literally word for word the same response. I responded that this was a paste and copy response. They responded saying Amazon was out of stock and they do not know when they will be able to send my cert so my options are to wait (who knows how long) or to chose a different cert. A couple weeks later... still nothing... I call and am told that they are inundated with Amazon requests so they cannot fulfill my $100. I asked if I could just have four $25 certs instead and I am told that this will "put me back at the back of the line" and will delay delivery further. Seems that the original hurricane excuse was just that, an excuse. The new excuse is that too many people are requesting Amazon and that it is taking over a month. So, I am not sure why they still show 5-10 days delivery instead of "out of stock" or "30+ day delivery"....? Either way, I ask what is in stock and am told that anything that says 5-10 days delivery is out of stock.... which is more than half of their certs. Now it is 1 month and 1 week after my original request and I am still waiting, as my only other option would be to get a $100 certificate to some restaurant that I will never eat at or a store that I don't shop at. I have read nothing but bad reviews on this company... and after this experience I can confirm with certainty that their operations and service is HORRIBLE. I work for a very large corporation and I will definitely be submitting my feedback to our incentive and commissions department. This company seems like a middle man that is pocketing profits and delaying delivery by months. If you are considering this company for your business or as a gift please go with Visa gift cards instead."

2017-09-23

American Red Cross Donation

"It's been over 3 weeks since receiving an email to redeem my $5 gift card from the American Red Cross. I'm still waiting and according to other reviews, I doubt I'll ever get it. I'm not concerned with retrieving the gift card, but do want to make a point for other businesses/consumers not to trust these guys. "

2017-09-19

Don't bother with them

"I got a $5 gift card from the Red Cross for my donation. It took hours for their site to work and actually credit it. I ordered a digital gift certificate/card from Amazon. I figured it would be faster if digital. Now the order status page says it's back ordered. A back ordered digital code? Someone on Facebook had trouble with them, and he mentioned it took 12 days.

This is just ridiculous. This does not seem to be a professional company. I'm going to suggest to the Red Cross they no longer deal with this company.

2017-09-11

Scam

"I've gotten "rewards" through American Red Cross through giftcertificate.com for donating blood... buuuuut... never once have I actually received my reward from them! I do not know why American Red Cross uses them, their are thieves!"

2017-08-25

What a scam!!!

"Won $10 Supercertificate E-code that needed to be redeemed through giftcertificates.com. All I wanted was $10 Amazon E-card which should be emailed almost instantly. I'm waiting for 4 days and when I check the status of my order, it keeps saying "awaiting inventory". Inventory? What inventory??? These are e-cards which are emailed within 5 minutes if ordered directly from Amazon. What a rip-off!!!

2017-05-22

Just go to the merchant's directly to purchase gift cards - why restrict how to spend your money?

"My company made the mistake of using this service to give incentive rewards to our employees. The website did not make it at all clear that certain merchants are "specialty" and it costs extra to have these as a choice, so when it came time to redeem, we were disappointed to find out how limited our options really were. Of course, there is no way to pay extra to have the specialty merchants become available or get a refund, nor was any other reasonable solution offered to try to remedy this "misunderstanding". Also, many of our employees have been waiting a long time to receive their gift certificates by mail. Today an employee had me call because its been TWO WEEKS since she ordered hers, only to find out that the certificate was "stuck in their processing system". I've stopped using this service and have been purchasing gift cards directly from the merchant's website -- so much easier! It is in the merchant's interest to make it easy to purchase gift cards, so they do. Cut out the middleman - this service is worthless."

2016-12-29

Scam, stay away!

"I purchased a $50 digital gift card for Long Horn. It was advertised to be free shipping if I ordered it digitally only to discover they charged me an extra 3.50 on my credit card statement. When I clicked on my digital code to open my certificate all I got was an error message that the link was broken. I tried calling their costumer service line a handful of times receiving a voice recorded message for an autism awareness practice that had been relocated. Whhhaaaaa?? So I emailed the C.S. address and received an apology letter for the broken link along with another code (no reimbursement for the extra charge tho). Guess what, that link was a broken link too! Unbelievable! "

2016-12-19

Stay away

"Terrible company. Trying to redeem a $1,000 Supercertificate for 10 $100 Walmart gift cards. Guess what? There is a $100 fee for doing that. So my gift card isn't really $1,000, it's $900. Complete ripoff. Thank goodness I haven't used them to send gift cards. How embarrassing would it be for the recipient to find out that their gift card doesn't equal face value. Good riddance. "

2016-11-15

Uh oh!! just read "out of stock " reviews .... perpetually back 4 years!!

"Unfortunately I received a gift certificate from this place. Wondering how long I too will be calling to get "out of stock" Amazon codes!! HOPEFULLY they will arrive before Holidays since I ordered 3 days ago and from reading reviews it looks like I'm in for a loooong wait! It was a gift so I had no control. Says will ship in 5 - 10 days. Guess I should read that to mean 20 days to - whenever? and most likely doesn't include weekends!

Was wondering what was going on when it said "SHIPS in 5-10 days" - It's an email code - it's instantaneous since it's not being shipped! As other reveiwers stated Amazon is IMMEDIATE when you order directly from them. Does this site gain interest ?, lol. This is a gift card site, right? and as such they should ALWAYS be stocked or get of the business! I am going to tell the very large company that gave it to me to look elsewhere for gifts and promotions. I'm sure they can get a group discount elsewhere where the wait for an email code is maximum 24 hours and keep the most popular merchant cards in stock, since these reveiws are years old and looks like its the very same situation. 5-10 days for an email codes is unheard of for a gift card redemption site, especially since its not even holiday time for another month and a half.

Will report back when receive and how long it takes.

2015-12-29

"Waited 2 weeks and still no word on a generated code. Codes are sent from in this particular case, amazon. Was told 3 to 5 days. By email and person. When it says that it means they are.low on inventory or out of stock. Why not say that on the website? Why not inform the consumer. It's a hoax to get you to purchase a 3rd party gift code. Amazon sends the codes to the merchant who then sends them to us the consumer. With all this said and done I could've ordered a code through amazon and had it the very same.minute. third party sites are a joke. Manager called me and I explained the issue. It's been 2 weeks and all I've gotten were excuses. She sounded generated herself and gave some elaborate story on how the company who got the cards for the employeessay should've known and basically took absolutely no responsibility for THEIR site and they shady way they do business. I still lost out on my product from amazon and just not got the code with a 'merry Christmas" attached. IT'S DECEMBER 29TH! The code was ordered on the 18th. Ridiculous. The lady kept repeating her excuse without taking any responsibility for the wait. They never tried to make it up to me or even tried to understand where I was coming from. The supervisor is very uncaring and has that "I'm being rude in a very nice tone of voice" feel about her. The customer service reps. We're nice but have no control over any of it. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone."

2015-11-10

"They do not keep adequate inventory of gift cards for merchants. I have been waiting for a week to receive an electronic certificate and they informed me that it may take another week to process. Since the order is for Amazon gift cards they claim that it is a delay in processing through Amazon. However, anyone who deals with Amazon is familiar with their speedy processing. I am also waiting for other merchants also on backorder. I can not get the situation resolved and am still fighting with this company. Due to their low inventory issues and extended wait times, I would not recommend this company to anyone. "

2015-08-03

"I have to pay a $5 handling charge to convert a certificate code given to me by my boss to a e-certificate? And he probably had to pay for the certificate codes, so they screw both the purchaser and the recipient? What a scam. I wish my boss would have know better and just bought gift cards at walmart. I would not recommend this place to anyone."

Share GiftCertificates.com's store rating

GiftCertificates.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GiftCertificates.com is not a merchant member
GiftCertificates.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!