Stores > GiftCards.com
  • GiftCards.com

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review GiftCards.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-13

Good luck buying a gift card with them...

"I entered everything to buy a card and then rejected my order. They wouldn't tell me what the problem was (for my security) so I verified absolutely everything was correct on the order and tried a second time. Again, it was rejected with a message stating they wouldn't tell me why.

This order was a personal gift I want to give someone as a thank you. My company uses them for corporate spot-bonuses but, after this, that's not going to happen. Giftcards.com, you've forever lost my business.

2017-09-17

Horrible

"They charge you $4.95 a month if you have not yet used the card, so a $100 card will be of no value after 20 months."

2017-07-10

They cancel your gift card order for no reason

"They cancelled my order for no reason. After making sure nothing is wrong with my credit card, I called customer service and they can't tell me the exact reason except the order was cancelled by their fraud department and that department does not take any phone calls. I then tried to submit the same order again and put a note for their fraud department saying they can call me to verify, just don't cancel my order without talking to me. Again my order was cancelled. Very frustrating. "

2017-07-03

GiftCards.com is a Stain on Blackhawk's Business

"Ordered a gift card through this site. I've met with some Blackhawk folks in my professional life, so I expected a strong experience. Boy was I wrong, it sucked and I've learned my lesson. If you're reading this and considering using GiftCards.com, I suggest you go to your local big pharmacy or supermarket to pick up the card(s) you need directly.

First, the estimated delivery date is off by at least a week. You'd think they'd account for USPS delays, but no. I cancelled my order because the bad delivery estimate made the order too late for the occasion. If your estimate is off by a week, I'd come up with a new formula.

Second, there is only one way to cancel an order and it is over the automated phone system. If you choose the option to check on an existing order, they ask for your card number. Because we're expected to have the number of a card we haven't received yet?!? Someone didn't bother to check the UX.

Third, there is no way to go back on their silly phone system. They ask you for a number you don't have, and there is no way to go back to the previous menu. So you get stuck in a loop of a recording treating you like you're an idiot. IT'S A TRAP!!! You gotta call back because that's efficient.

Blackhawk should get rid of this site and stick with the kiosks. The people I've met at Blackhawk are more than smart enough to realize how crappy their online system is, but I'm also positive that they don't care because online orders likely account for a tiny fraction of their revenue. Still, that's no excuse. If the cost of fixing the system is greater than the income generated by it, they should get rid of it.

Once I got a human on the line, it was easier to deal with, but their excuse for the late delivery is BS. Most other online vendors I use get their delivery estimates right, what is GiftCard.com's problem?

2017-06-09

no tracking number, no respond via email, and not helpful at all over phone!

"with a most online purchase gets their order within a week nowaday. This company still take more than 7 days (today is the 7th day since i placed in my order and still not yet receive my order). when I called in for help after 2 emails without any respond. The guy asked me for my email and name on the acct, and somehow they messed up my name and the cardholder's name. So he wan't able to help me with my issue. Now i can only help that i will get my order sometime soon before i call the credit card company to dispute the charge for this order as scam. Nor i'll ever do business with them again."

2017-05-25

Can't get Visa ecard to work/ company not helpful

"Got an Visa ecard from my colleagues after being injured. When I tried to use it, no online retailer I tried would recognize the card. I called the company multiple times and they told me it was activated and should work. Spoke w/ a supervisor who told me there's an issue on GiftCard.com's end that is making the transactions show up as if they're going through a brick and mortar store, but I should keep trying and it b/c the card is activated and available. There's a "ticket" open, but nobody is willing to offer a solution. I'm upset that I have a Visa card I can't use and my colleagues are out a generous amount of money."

2017-04-29

Canceled my order twice and i have more than enough money to cover the egift payment.

"That's all there is to it they canceled my orders for no reason and the total was only $20."

2017-04-14

Very dishonest and non reliable!!!

"I ordered a personalized give card for my daughters 16th Birthday and I wanted it to arrive before her birthday. I called giftcard.com to see if the card was lost in the mail or stolen. They told me that I could file a claim until the day of her birthday. I told them if it doesn't arrive by then it would ruin her Birthday. I decided to wait till two days after her birthday to see if would arrive because I knew that they would give me a hard time about giving me my money back. I left a review on a site about how they do business and how shady they are. They took it upon themselves to cancel the card and guess what the card arrived before they responded with an email saying they cancelled the card without my authorization. So I called customer service and told how upset I was that they did without speaking to me first. Then when I ripped into to csr he said we will escalate this to a second level agent and put the money back on the giftcard in 2 business days, and call back if there is problem. This sounded very shady so I told to put his supervisor on. He put me on hold for 10 minutes and when the supervisor finally gets on the phone guess what I was right. They were not going to put the money back on the card and I have to wait for the refund 3 to 6 business days which could be as long as 8 business days and call back if there is a problem. Wow!! They ruined my daughters birthday and now want to tell hold on to my money until they are ready to give it to me. I have filed with the FTC and will be filing with the BBB. I know that you don't cancel cards without authorization and then tell you that you asked for it without speaking to you first. Useless service and dishonest company with multiple sites under different names and corporate headquarters with all call center outside the USA. I hope you read and understand that they do this quite a bit. I have used them three times and every time it's about a 2 and a half week wait and the customer service is horrible at best. It's not about the money it's about the trust in this company to provide a service so your loved ones my have a special day or time. They do not care and will only communicate with you if you leave an review on a site like this. "

2017-04-04

Unreliable. Avoid them at all cost.

"Unreliable, dishonest in my opinion....avoid this company. Ordered a $200 amazon e-gift card. Website said it would be emailed to recipient in about 2 hours, which was crucial as I wanted it to arrive same day. Simple enough, it's just an email. Email apparently was never sent. Took forever to get support. They said "check spam folder"...but I run the domain, it's my company, it did not go to spam...besides, I got their emails to me, so no reason it would be tagged as spam or an employee of mine (and I review all spam). They basically did not send it as promised. Now they say no refund, even though this was a time specific request and purchase, and commitment they failed to meet. Avoid this company at all cost, they are dishonest and not willing to do what is right when they make a mistake. Even said I could talk to a supervisor, but they just put me on endless hold. Finally got someone....the support is in South America, not even in the US, so they are bit hard to understand as well. They said 1-15 days to review and no assurance I would get a refund. So I have to waste time now contacting the corporate office's registered agent now, state AG for complaint, and CC company for reversal. That's fine, it's the principal that matters, and nothing worse than companies operating on the internet who try to hide locations, or use shell companies, or have you talk to robots, or use small print as excuse...all so you cannot find them to press the complaint directly to the Board or ownership when you cannot get fair treatment. Simply refund the money when you screw up, be professional and courteous. That's what honorable companies who respect customers do. This one does not. How a company acts in situations like this reveals their character and speaks to the leadership."

2017-03-30

Will Cancel Your Account Due to Fraudulent Activity

"HORRIBLE. Today is my mother's birthday. I ordered an Amazon Gift Card for her in the amount of $100. I received an email stating my order was in. Then received another email stating that my order was cancelled. When I called and spoke to a CSR, they told me that my order was cancelled due to my information NOT passing their fraudulent account check. WTH? I used my debit card and there is more than enough money in the account. All mailing address etc is up to date. ALSO.... I checked my bank account and this company charged my account TWICE for $1.00 each. The CSR was rude and could not give me an explanation as to why they won't process my order. So I re-iterated that they are informing me that I cannot do business with them and must take my business elsewhere due to not passing whatever requirements they have for their 'fraud' test. HA. What a joke! Meanwhile, I am not late in sending my mother her gift. Should they not refund both $1.00 transactions, I will take this to the BBB. BE CAUTIOUS USING THIS COMPANY. There are TONS of other companies we can use!"

2017-03-15

They never expire, but they'll bleed you dry

"My daughter got a gift card and misplaced it. So for all of the people jumping thru the hoops to not have an order cancelled, once you do, they charge a 4.95 MONTHLY service fee. This company is just bad. No different than predatory lending"

2017-01-09

all these negative reviews are true!!

"I can't believe it! I just tried to order a gift card for $100 for my son for the first time from these guys. They cancelled my order for "security reasons". I figured I must have made a mistake so I went back in and placed a new order, being really careful to make sure cc info matched perfectly. Cancelled a second time! So then, I went back to my original email from them and noticed I hadn't verified my email address with them. So, I jumped through that hoop and placed a third order. Cancelled a third time!! Called CS and basically there is nothing they can do and all orders from me are now flagged and will be cancelled for security reasons. What do they want, a DNA sample? Don't waste your time with these guys, they are awful. I just went directly to the merchant instead."

2016-12-31

Lieing thieves

"My mother order me a virtual visa giftcard the card number was invalid and they will not replace the card are refund her money she's out 45.00 that amount may not be alot to some but for her it's a very big deal in it really doesn't matter how much the amount is no one should be ripped off and that's exactly what they did stole 45.00 from my mother "

2016-12-23

Cancels order no matter what

"Tried to purchase an e-gift card for the holidays and the order went through check out with no problems, I got an email confirming my order. 30 minutes later my order was cancelled due to "fraudulent activity". So I thought I put the wrong information in when purchasing the gift card, and attempted to order the same gift again. Only to find out that 30 minutes later my order would again be cancelled. So I called their customer service team, and they were so rude on the phone that after they finished telling me that my orders were cancelled for fraud and that they couldn't give any more information about it, I decided that I won't even waste my time giving this company my money. "

2016-12-21

HORRIBLE DO NOT ORDER FROM GIFT CARDS. COM

"I ORDERED A GIFT CARD ON 11/22/16 AND AS OF 12/21/16, NO GIFT CARD WAS RECEIVED. I CALLED AT THE BEGINNING OF DECEMBER TO ASK WHY I HAD NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL INDICATING THE CARD HAD BEEN SHIPPED? THEY HAD NO ANSWER AND INSTEAD TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A DELAY IN THE SHIPPING AND THE CARD SHOULD BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 12/15/16. CUSTOMER SERVICE REP INFORMED ME THERE WAS NO TRACKING WITH USPS??? I ALWAYS SEND PRIORITY MAIL AND TRACKING IS INCLUDED. I CALLED ON 12/21/16 TO ASK THAT GIFT CARD BE SENT EXPRESS MAIL WITH TRACKING THIS DAY AND THEY REFUSED TO DO SO. I ASKED FOR A REFUND AND SUPERVISOR HENRY STATED HE DID NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THE REFUND WOULD BE OR HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE.???????? VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. THIS WEBSITE IS A SCAM!!!!! "

Share GiftCards.com's store rating

GiftCards.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GiftCards.com is not a merchant member
GiftCards.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!