Stores > GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com)
  • GenTech Compute GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) by clicking a star below.
2017-11-15

My 2nd purchase 3 years later and still Amazing support and Knowledge

"I bought from GentechPC 3 years ago and the service was amazing. 3 years later they are still just as amazing!
I put the order for a new Aorus Laptop which wasn't in stock, but came a few days later as promised. They did a few upgrades and changes within 5 days. Amazingly fast with both the build time and quality. Also the customer support from Ken is just spot on amazing as he emails usually within 10-15 mins after my questions.
He has been amazing and was even willing to switch out one of the backpacks with an Aorus Backpack to match the laptop!
They will always have me a satisfied customer and I will always recommend GentechPC.

Aorus X7 DT V7 Review

Initial Impressions-
Amazingly built laptop. It feels sturdy, durable, and light for a 17.3" Gaming Laptop.
I travel constantly so having a desktop replacement laptop being around 7lbs/3kg it helps tremendously.
The CPU/GPU combination of i7-7820hk and GTX1080 is phenomenal.
I am running games such as Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Destiny 2, Forza Horizon 3 at Ultra settings @1440p and still getting over 60fps - 90fps.
The temperature aren't too shabby either. I had a re paste with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut and gaming for around 3-4 hours I will only reach a maximum of 85C CPU / 82C GPU.
The display being a TN panel of course won't be as good as an IPS. But the 3k 120Hz refresh is just simply amazing especially at 1440p!
The colors are accurate enough for me, but what tops it off is the 1440p screen!
The Fan noise is pretty quiet when idle, but it does get loud when under load. I always game with headphones so it doesn't bother me much.
Having installed 2 M.2 NVME SSD and 1 2.5" SSD my laptop runs extremely fast with the 32GB Ram as well.

I am loving this laptop. For me this hits all the sweets spots of what I am looking for in a laptop. A high end machine that is portable and can handle anything thrown at it. Paired with a 3k 1440p 120hz screen it is simply the perfect machine for any heavy traveler who loves to game as much as me.
10/10!

2017-11-14

Gentech Pc

"My review for Gentech was originally negative as I hasn't heard from Ken after I received the laptop (I was having blue screen issues so I emailed him). After writing my reviews he got in touch with me saying he had a cold. I have decided to change my review of Gentech PC because he finally did get back to me after writing my neg review.

2017-11-14

Great Experience with Ken and GenTech Computers

"This is the second computer I have purchased from GenTech Computers. Both experiences were very simple and went very smoothly. Ken is great! I took advantage of the military discount as well as some of the other offers available online at the web site. The computer arrived as described and on-time.

2017-10-26

Educated, personal, enthusiastic support, both before and after sale.

"I was compelled to write a review after my first experience with GenTechPC. I preordered a newly released laptop.

I had a few questions along the way. I called before placing the order, after placing the order, and after receiving the laptop. Every time I called the phone was picked up right away, and it was the same guy, Ken, with whom I spoke. Ken knows what he is talking about.

The bonus freebies (repaste, t-shirt, etc) were a nice added bonus, as was the cash discount. I would highly recommend these guys.

I was pleased when my laptop was shipped sooner than I expected it to.

2017-10-05

Smooth Transaction and Helpful staff

"It was a nice experience buying laptop here at GentechPC. Kudos to Ken Lee who help me a lot unlike XoticPC or HidEvolution. He always answers my inquiry and willing to help you in any aspect. If you need something, just ask ken and he can find ways to make it done. this was my first time buying laptop from abroad and so far I'm very happy I bought 1 in GentechPC. In return, I will recommend GentechPc to my friends and family. Bought MSI GT75VR 7RF :D best deal ever :D

2017-09-13

Extremely satisfied! No issues.

"GenTechPC does a great job delivering value to gamers and enthusiasts looking for high quality laptops. As with every MSI laptop I've used, I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality for the price and love that you can get an "unbranded" experience. I chose GenTech over a competitor because of the free inclusion of extras (30-Day Dead Pixel Warranty, IC Diamond). I found their website to be clean, clutter/distraction-free, and easy to use for configuration than a competitor's site.

Everything that was promised was delivered. They shipped laptop within 10 days of ordering and made an international delivery to UK within a week. package was caught by customs and stuck there for another week, but that is to be expected. I was surprised that customs charged under £100 for a laptop well over £2000.
Would and will use their service in future!

2017-09-10

Sent broken laptop, sent correct part after multiple emails, reviews, and cc dispute 2.5 weeks later.

"Update:
after multiple emails, reviews on social media, and credit card dispute Ken responded and overnighted me the correct working part. Thanks.

My experience with GenTechPC is horrible! They sent me a broken laptop and acknowledged that they need to get me a replacement part on 8/24/17. Ever since then they have done nothing. When I started escalating the issue, the manufacturer agreed to do crosshipping, but gentechpc has yet to pay for it. I paid premium price to get a fully working expensive laptop. They have sent me broken POS and want me to pay more to fix their mistake. I will never buy from this company again, and advise you not to either.

2017-08-12

No buyer's remorse here!

"Excellent selection of PC'S. I picked up the new Sager 8952 fully loaded. I love it couldn't be happier.
ken over at Gentech PC was a charm to work with. I highly recommend. Do not hesitate if you're thinking of buying from this company!

2017-05-17

Excellent PC, Customer Service could Improve

"GentechPC does a great job delivering value to gamers and enthusiasts looking for high quality laptops. I chose Gentech over a competitor because of the free inclusion of extras (30-Day Dead Pixel Warranty, IC Diamond), and because they let you configure without storage (I had an existing compatible SSD). I also found their website to be clean, clutter/distraction-free, and easier to use for configuration than a competitor's site. As with every Sager/Clevo laptop I've used, I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality for the price and love that you can get an "unbranded" experience, making the laptop more compatible with work environments.

The negative for me was that I had to exercise the dead-pixel warranty as mine arrived with 2 dead pixels (I found the second only after requesting RMA). Thankfully, this process is complete and I now have a dead-pixel-free LCD. Unfortunately, Gentech's RMA numbers are valid for only 7 days, which is too short if you are shipping from the East coast (NY in my case), so I had to use Priority mail to ship, which cost $50. I know return shipping for RMAs isn't budgeted for and many vendors don't pay for it, but my feeling is that since vendors can often get discounts on shipping, and since they know the package details ahead of time, they should at least allow you to purchase the return shipping from them at their actual cost - many vendors do this. If that isn't possible, at least increase the RMA window to a more reasonable 14 days so distant customers can ship inexpensively.

I also felt the email and phone correspondence was too minimal, with overly short answers leaving me concerned abut the well-being of my equipment and confused about timing. It's really not hard to communicate this kind of thing clearly and reassure the customer. I think they could easily improve this with some general customer service training and even some improved email "boiler-plate". On the other hand, great "talk" without proper follow-through is worse, and since I got my LCD replaced with everything else on the laptop perfectly maintained, I can confirm that this claim was properly handled, if not clearly communicated.

Overall, I recommend Gentech, even with the above concerns noted.

2017-05-05

Gigabyte Aero 15 - Nice Computer, No issues

"No problems to report with GentechPC or the Aero 15. Shipping was quick and item received when expected. Arrived in new condition and based on a few quick benchmarks it is running fine. The only issue I found with the notebook was one partially stuck pixel. I barely noticed it on a pixel test and it's in an inconspicuous area so I did not use the dead-pixel guarantee.

Have had the notebook about a month so far with no issues. First time ordering a notebook from a custom retailer and no regrets. Thanks to GentechPC for the service and the freebies. Will definitely include them whenever I look for another computer. Be sure to check out NotebookReview.com as Gentech and other custom PC companies participate there and are usually quick to respond to questions with a lot more expertise than you will find from Newegg, Amazon, BestBuy or other retailers. The only downside of having a customized notebook is that Gentech and custom PC competitors all have relatively short return policies, in this case 14 days from the date of shipment. Would definitely like to see a 30-day or even 21-day policy, especially since starts when the item is shipped. I didn't deduct from the rating since the policy is posted on their website and I didn't have to test the return policy or server. It's not a big issue if you know in advance, but be sure to thoroughly check your PC in the first week!

2017-03-14

Aero 14 1060

"Their customer service was awesome! My aero 14 1060 had some problem of going into black screen due to some software issue imposed by windows 10 or Gigabyte's preloaded programs. Gentech helped me get through these problems and offered to do check ups/repair on their end. Overall, the computer is rock solid and the customization on the laptop is working as expected (IC Diamond and dead pixel warranty).

Thanks guys.

2017-03-08

MSI or BUST! GOOO GENTECHPC!

"So I purchased the brand new ASUS GL702VS (120hz panel \ G-Sync /w 1070) a couple days before it was released. Ken at GenTechPC went out of his to answer all sorts of questions for me.

I receieved the laptop very quickly once it was released.

The laptop ran WAAYYYY to hot and I was not satisfied at all.

Ken worked with me to get me a basically identical model (although MSI) with more RAM and wayyy better cooler, for $15 cheaper.

I was able to return the item without paying the restocking fee, and throughout the whole process Ken was very responsive over email and phone.

GenTechPC has won me over with Ken's great customer service and competitive pricing (and the extra freebie's like IC Diamond application, free 1 year accidental damage support, and free RAM upgrade, didn't hurt either).

Highly suggest.

Just ask for Ken (just don't overwhelm him) hehe.

Seth

2017-03-08

Great Company.

"Bought the Asus ROG GL702VS and what a great PC , awesome service and fast shipping, will definitely buy again;) "

2017-03-01

Amazing experience!

"I'm not living in the USA and my father was there for a limited time, I ordered GT72VR, got free upgrade to 32GB of RAM and 2 free games, communication was very good, the laptop arrived at the same day I've asked and emails were answered within minutes!"

2016-11-02

Outstanding in Every Way

"Ordered one of the first of the new batch MSI gaming laptops with the new-to-market Nvidia 10-series graphics. Upgraded to a non-standard RAID boot array and different storage drive, extra RAM, and an upgrade to the Windows 10 Pro operating system. Ken was very knowledgeable about what I asked to have done, and never once tried to sell me on anything not needed.

In the end I was blown away by the friendly service, the affordability of the upgrades and laptop cost, and the outstanding communication during the processing period. The laptop is a truly exceptional performer.

When it comes to buying a gaming laptop, GentecPC stands out head and shoulders above the rest!

Share GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com)'s store rating

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) is a merchant member
GenTech Computers (GenTechPC, 1toppc.com) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,466 merchant members.