Stores > GPS City

support@gpscity.com/support@gpscity.ca
      702-990-5600/403-735-0780

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review GPS City by clicking a star below.
2017-12-05

Beware

"I only review when things go really good or things go really bad. Unfortunately, with GPS City things are really bad.

If you want to return an item, restocking fees are through the roof. They range from 20% to 50% of the product. On a $750 GPS, this means that you have to pay $150 plus return shipping for them to take back an item that is not defective.

Never again.

2017-11-24

They know they are shipping defective units!

"Purchased a NUVI 2589LMT refurbished from GPSCity. They claim these units are as good as new if not better than new as they have been repaired and tested. My unit had a washed out screen which would have been obvious to anyone simply powering the unit on (which GSPCity explained they do not test and will not test any units they sell). The unit also had personal data (tracks) from the previous owner. It had not been factory reset! Turns out they sent me a faulty customer return and explained that it is how they operate. They do not test and simply ship anything they get straight back out! They ship a faulty unit returned from another customer to a new customer! I now have to spend more money to ship the defective unit back to them and wait several months for them to decide if they will refund my money! They should refund immediately knowing they ship out faulty products!!"

2017-11-01

GPS City is not customer focused

"I purchased a Garmin eTrex 30X and City Navigator Europe NT card from GPS City for a trip to Europe to navigate European cities. The total cost of the GPS and Navigator card was $370. This is the third GPS I have purchased from them. When I got to Europe the GPS did not work-it allowed me to enter European city addresses but that was as far as it went-no ability to navigate by GPS. When I got back to Canada I contacted GPS City and explained the problem and they told me that they did not provided repair service and advised me to contact Garmin directly. I wrote back and explained that they sent me a unit that did not work and that I wanted either a new GPS (that worked) or a refund. That was the end of the communication-they did not respond to my email. So I'm stuck with a GPS that does not work and GPS City does not want to do anything about selling me a faulty GPS.
My recommendation to any one considered buying from GPS City-don;t do it. Go to a seller like Amazon or any other retailer that stands by products they sell. GPS City DOES NOT!

2017-07-12

Strange sellers

"They requested detailed images of the credit card and disappeared.
The questions do not answer, the goods do not send.

2017-05-18

Excellent Experience

"Excellent experience with GPS City when purchasing a Garmin Tactix Bravo unit. Very professional. Handled cancellation and re-ordering in a very professional manner. Extended Canadian Armed Forces discount as promised. An agent maintained constant communication with me. Item was shipped and arrived in a timely fashion. I will use item and not hesitate to contact them if I have concerns. I will also not hesitate to shop from them in future."

2017-05-06

It has everything you need for shopping sites

"There are many shopping sites in the world, but if you are concerned with GPS, you will have everything only here.
An explanation of the video on YouTube is also useful.
I have contacted shop several times, the staff's response is also nice.

I can recommend here.
It has everything you need for shopping sites.

2017-05-05

My go-to place for RAM mounts

"Ordered from these guys several times, and it's always a pain-free experience. Their website is top notch, you can find all the little details you need to know. Price-wise it's very competitive compared to the other places. Highly recommended!"

2017-05-04

Great Prices, Rapid Shipping, Great Communications

"My experiences that I can document begin in 6/2011. I have and continue to receive prompt, accurate service and fair pricing on all orders, to date.

The newest GPS 'upgrade, a Garmin zumo 595LM, was under a price-reduction by the manufacturer, so GPS City had little choice on that price or possible [military] further discount. That is fully understandable. My subsequent order for the related TPMS [Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor] sensor caps and a 595 cradle weather cap, also went flawlessly, once placed.

The first order, the GPS unit, was shipped next working day, and arrived on time, in prefect condition. To those who complain about 'signature required, all I can say is "PHOOEY!" I'd much rather have the additional security for a parcel involving a purchase at this price..

The second part of my latest experience, the sensors, involved a query to sales, which was answered same day by their Director for Online Sales, and was also shipped immediately, arriving a day ahead of estimated arrival.

I'm 'stoked' about the GPS unit, already fully installed on my FJR1300, and can harly wait for when I replace my tires and valve stems, so I can actually install the system. Moreover, I am just as enthusiastic about this latest experience with GPS City and "Jordan T."

All I can say is "kudos!" They have treated this 26+-year military retiree exceedingly well over the years!

2017-04-29

Fast, friendly, and a great price!

"just bought a RV Garmin GPS -- delivered in three days. at a great price. GPS City offers military discounts. Shoot them an email and they are more than willing to work with you. Tremendous experience -- you now have a customer for life! Thank you GPS City!! "

2017-04-26

WOW!

"I've read a bunch of negative reviews, but I can't share the same. My experience has been great so far and I have no complaints with the order process or customer service. This is my second order from them in less than a year. The first order was as advertised and on time. I'm assuming that my second order will also arrive as the first did."

2017-04-11

Pathethic customer service!

"I agree with other comments here...I would have left a "no star" if it were possible. They seem to have a problem owning up to their mistakes and making it right for the customer. Somebody at GPS City needs to read their reviews....I wish I had before I purchased.

2017-04-05

Wish I could pick up a No Star

"This company is misleading, trying to get something from them is like pulling teeth. Dishonest and disrespectful to the Canadian Force telling them they can get a rebate. I tried at least 10 times dealing with my bank (Bank of Montreal) and their supposed banking though debit/credit cards. What a waist of time. Tried with their customer services which seems to me that they really have their hands tied and cant make decisions without contacting their supervisors. Overall, in my own opinion, DO NOT THRUST A CRAPPY OUTFIT LIKE THEIRS, it looks to good to be thru. Just but the real McCoy from the company directly. Don't go through these bottom feeders....

Marc

A really offended military service person that served over 30 yrs for Canada and see companies only trying to use us as propaganda to sell their crap or offer services so pitiful that it makes someone thinks.

2017-03-23

Company is a scam.

"They sent out an inferior product and when returned charge %50 return fee under the guise of "shipping fee" I posted honest feedback on Amazon and they were able to get it removed. Unbelievable, what is the point of feedback if Amazon removes the negative. Stay away from this company."

2017-03-11

Shipping hassle

"Why in this era of Amazon does GPSCity still send out orders requiring a face-to-face signature? Even signing the card and leaving it in my locked mailbox isn't enough, and I had to deal with USPS purgatory for several days, screwed up redelivery, failed attempt to just hold it at the post office, etc. When my package was lost by USPS in this process, I called GPSCity and they basically told me its my problem to deal with USPS. Thanks guys. Had I known how much of a pain this would be, I would have paid the extra $100 to get it from Amazon and not deal with the hassle."

2017-03-09

No refund for delayed shipment

"I ordered a GPS on Sunday and paid for two day expedited shipment. I received the product on the fourth day. Called GPS City and they said that due to thunderstorms in my area (we had no such storm) the shipment was delayed and they would not refund the $15.49 I paid for expedited shipment. I believe GPS City was short sited in not refunding my shipping cost. Overall a bad customer experience and now I will have to ask my credit card company to resolve the dispute and write to the GPS City executive of interest.

Share GPS City's store rating

GPS City is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

GPS City is not a merchant member
GPS City does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!