Stores > FramesDirect.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.04/10 3.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.29/10 2.29/10
Voice your opinion! Review FramesDirect.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-07

Excellent service and quality

"I was really very happy with Frames Direct. My Versace glasses are excellent, and the service was really fantastic and proactive. I wouldn't hesitate to get another pair of glasses from them again. I love the lenses they offer with the UV for the computer. It is making my work so much easier. My eyes don't feel like they are working so hard. I am really very happy with Frames Direct!!"

2017-11-05

Bent frames

"My frames were supposedly hand made in London by Savile Row, I paid almost $ 800 dollars for them and waited 4 weeks.upon opening the case I noticed the bridge piece was deformed,I was surprised they sent them out that way.
I didn’t want to send them back and be without them while they sent away to saving row in London for the new bride so I sent pictures and tried through e mail to get answers and was blown off,no response just a return slip,so I called and talked to a rude person who refused to look at the picture and said just send them back,so I hung up! I will never buy for these people again!

2017-10-20

NIcely surprised and satisfied

"Well, I am quite surprised by lots of the negative reviews !!! I don't understand. I recently ordered a pair of RayBans (8415) along with my prescription. I was worried that an online order of prescription eyeglasses would turn bad. Wow, when I received my glasses (progressive) they were perfect and sharp at all distances (reading, computer screen work and driving). Not only that, the running current promotion on prescription and frames provided me with 50% discount which is unbeatable by optical shops in malls. The delivery was also as they mentioned. I am so satisfied by everything that I have ordered two additional pairs (different models) with prescription. Back-ups and different occasions."

2017-10-20

Worst customer service ever...

"Worst customer service I ever experienced.
They lied to me multiple times and after I proved it with screenshots that they are wrong, they just ignored me. I sent them emails and asked for response but they did not answer.
I had to call them 3 times until finally they answered my email again with wrong information. Never ever buy anything from this site. Super greedy company.

2017-10-16

Doesn't honor promotions

"Customer service slow to respond and always found a technicality as to why an offered promotion wouldn't apply to me. They even lowered the price of my frames while they were working on my order and wouldn't t honor the lower price."

2017-09-28

Made a mistake right. Went above and beyond

"Glasses arrived damaged, but Jennifer reached out to me and turned a negative experience into a positive one. She even contacted me on her day off to try and remedy the situation and seemed genuinely concerned about the previous miscommunications. Thank you! We will return for future eyeglass purchases. "

2017-09-25

I mean, I've had good experiences with them...unlike everyone else as it seems

"I have purchased three pairs of glasses from them, ranging from price of 200 dollars to 450. In each case, I have received my glasses within four weeks, with notifications of when they were made, when they were shipped, and where it was during delivery. Each time I order, there is a subsequent call to my cell phone, and someone asks me the details of the order, confirming the prescription and order with me. My only complaint is that they advertise the frames only, so you can see a pair for 200 dollars, and by the time you finish your order, the total is about 400. I have seen this used in many different online glasses sites and feel that you should just account for it. Of course special features are going to cost more and preferences range greatly across people's desires. I think they have a broad selection for frames and lenses, for decent prices considering that they always have some type of promotion going on. "

2017-09-12

They sent me broken glasses

"I received my glasses, that were broken. Supposedly brand new glasses for $330, and the lens was falling out and the frames were bent. I asked for a refund, and I was told they would only give a partial refund, or they would repair the broken glasses. Here it is over 4 weeks later, I do not have my money or my glasses. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FRAMES DIRECT!!!"

2017-08-19

Long time user, I finally learned my lesson. I've been burned too many times.

"I've used Frames direct for over six years. During that time I have ordered five pairs of glasses including standard and sunglasses. I have a standard Rx, but I used Frames Direct because they carries a rather unusual frame style made by Savile of London. Not everyone carries that frame and they would get it and do the glasses. So, I put up with the issues. And they are multiple.

First and foremost, even in stock, standard glasses take a minimum of three weeks from the date of order. Don't expect them sooner. That is three weeks by the calendar, and longer if there are issues. And issues seem to be the common problem.

Of the five glasses I ordered, four were "sent back to the lab" because they didn't pass final review. I'm not certain what that means, but it happens for unknown reasons.

If you want your glasses faster, you have to pay for upgraded shipping. And, they ship with signature required. A rather annoying demand that mandates you sign, in person, for the package. No leaving it at a shipment center, no changing the shipment to your office. If you work for a living, and can't be home, you are out of luck. Which is absurd since Verizon ships $1000 cell phones and is willing to leave the package. There is a way around this, but you have to know in advance to ask for a form that needs to be filled out for shipment release.

And, although everyone is nice on the phone, they are relatively unable to help you find out why there is a delay or problem.

I just got a pair of glasses made. And, they sent me someone else's glasses. When I called and said they were the wrong glasses, they told me I had to repackage, and take the package back. No pickup, no offer of partial refund for fixing their mistake.

And communication by e-mail to the "manager" is random and infrequent. They have people who "don't interact with customers" or " don't respond to customer e-mails." So, you get a manager, if you are lucky, who is available about once out of every three days, and typically only by e-mail.

So, if you are willing to put up with poor customer service, terrible delays, wrong product, and slow work, this place is for you.

And, the prices are not that great.

2017-08-03

Thieving misleading operation

"Terrible and thieving company. I ordered two pairs of glasses and, after a week with no shipping update, I inquired as to where my sunglasses were. I received a message telling me that one of the pairs of sunglasses is out of stock and wouldn't be available for nearly a month. So, obviously, I called to cancel my order....I don't know many people looking to wait a month for an order. When I called I first spoke with an operator who, to his credit was somewhat professional relative to his boss, then I was transferred to his "manager", Diana. Diana was incredibly snarky and unprofessional and told me that in order to cancel my order I would have to pay them a 10% restocking fee!!!! So, let me get this straight....I have to pay them a restocking fee because they don't have the sunglasses I ordered and didn't tell me that at the time of purchase? Huh? Anyway, at that point, given the incredible unprofessional nature of the conversation (quite honestly it sounded like the whole operation was being run out of someone's basement) I decided to instead go through my bank to get the refund I was entitled to. To sum up: FramesDirect is a misleading, unprofessional, thieving, scam of a company and I will never buy anything from there. Further, I will spread the word that this place is definitely a "get what you pay for" operation. Don't be tempted by a bargain, it isn't worth the headache."

2017-08-02

DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST!

"YOU MUST do your homework first!
I thought I was getting a better deal by shopping online, as it turned out after I ordered the frames and lenses I was hit with an extra $27.50 for lens coating plus customs shipping costs of $72.42!! So basically I ended up paying more than if I just went to my High Street.
There is small print print during the ordering process regarding shipping costs, but the first I saw of it in highlighted in red was AFTER I placed the order and paid.
This REALLY needs to be changed.
Plus now I'm trying to pay the extra custom costs and the interface of the broker (which makes their own charge for doing this!) doesnt work and I've had to re-send a half dozen times

2017-07-24

Frames are my complaint

"I did quite a bit of research on whether or not framesdirect sold legitimate frames and I couldn't find anything to shun me away. Especially after learning that Ray-Ban actually has a chinese manufacturer (I am guessing its for just glasses).

I originally ordered a pair of Ray-Ban RX7047. I got them with expedited shipping and they were made and delivered in about a week and a half.

After receiving them I was pretty disappointed. The material was flimsy, the arms were bowed out and they just didn't feel like I thought they would for Ray-Bans. I immediately compared them to the 5 other pairs of glasses I've ordered from ZENNI OPTICAL and they actually paled in comparison from a quality stand point.

On top of the initial quality assessment, I noticed fractures at the bridge where it looked like the lenses were forced. I went all out on the lenses for these and included the Eye-zen "anti-reflective" coating. Well after a few days of wearing them, when the light hit them the right way I noticed scuffs on the lenses. At that point I decided to submit a return request do to those two issues.

I called and spoke with 2 different people - both were very nice and told me how the process would work. I inquired about the Ray-Ban RX5279 model as it is the one I originally wanted but they didn't have it in stock at the time of ordering the first pair.

I had to write a note describing the issues and also included the inquiry for possible exchange to RX5279 model.

Once they received the defective glasses it took about 3 weeks for me to get the new pair (they went ahead and exchanged for the model I wanted originally).

I got them in and was much happier with the Ray-Ban RX5279 model but was still disappointed in overall quality. The frames won't sit on my face correctly because they're bent out of shape and I've tried fixing them but they keep rebounding back. One of the arms wiggles and they squeak like crazy. They also put the Eye-zen coating on the new ones when I asked them not to because it basically turns your glasses into a blue mirror. Theres essentially no anti-reflective property whatsoever (thats my only complaint on the lenses). I'm just too burnt out on waiting to submit a return for a refund at this point, not to mention my prescription changed so I'd have to go back to blurryness again for probably another 3 weeks.

I gave them 2 stars because their customer service was good - turn around was lengthy but they did allow me to exchange for different frames.

If you're looking to get a nice designer pair of glasses I'd recommend going with getting fitted and ordering from a legitimate store - thats what I will do moving forward... or if you don't want to spend a ton of money, check out zenni optical, get your PD and temple length figured out you won't be disappointed for $40 shipped.

2017-07-15

BEWARE

"Without going into all the details, the absolute worst buying experience I have ever had. Nothing but delays. Never did receive my glasses!"

2017-06-28

Half vision

"Couldn't see so sent them back to have PD fixed. Again still couldn't see. I have a challenging prescription so asked to just refund. They messaged me they noticed glasses were made wrong and offered to refund some money if willing to let them correct. I agreed. One lens great, can't see clearly out of other one. Said I would try to get to Dr. Office to check things out but haven't been able to get there. Contacted them and now they say they can fix for 50% of pricing but if not right still they won't do anything. (Not to mention I did pay to send them back to them the last time.) Asked if I can just get the refund like I asked for in the first place and they are not answering back, so now I need to warn others that they are not willing to take care of their customers. Never will use again! Never had a problem with Zenni.com so will find frames I like there. "

2017-06-23

Never ordering from this site again

"Be careful, if you don't like what you order, you'll be paying to mail that item back, plus a restocking fee. So you are paying twice for a product you don't want."

Share FramesDirect.com's store rating

FramesDirect.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

FramesDirect.com is not a merchant member
FramesDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!