Stores > Fishpond.com.au
  • Fishpond.com.au

Voice your opinion! Review Fishpond.com.au by clicking a star below.
2012-07-24

"I was attracted by the low prices on their site, but I have never received so horrible service in the 10 years I have been buying goods from a variety of sites on the internet. I ordered a book from their site and it said it would arrive between the 18th and the 30th of June. I was going on exchange on the 6th of July and had therefore cancelled my lease. After a while they told me that they had made a mistake writing on their website that the book was on stock. They would therefore have to order it from another supplier, but this meant that I would have moved out from my apartment and gone on exchange by the time the order would arrive. They offered me to cancel my order, but when I tried to cancel, they wouldn't allow it. I tried every option I could think of. I asked if they could

- Send it to my parents address or my new exchange address. They wouldn't allow a change of delivery address.
- Cancel the order. They wouldn't allow it, even though they promised they would and the item hadn't been sent yet.
- Get me in contact with the company they ordered the book from, so that I could tell them to send it to another address. They wouldn't help me with that.

So in the end I never got my book even though I paid for it. I've never spent so much time, and been so sad and frustrated over so despicable and unhelpful customer service. I'm still trying to get my money back, but it seems an impossible quest.

2011-12-05

"Have obtained many books from Fishpond and have found the service very good and the packing excellent

Nilrem

2011-08-18

"Fishpond does have great prices, but it comes at the cost of customer service and delivery time.

I paid via paypal when I made my purchase, and they kept trying to get me to pay again. They finally admitted that I had already paid them a week later, after I had sent them screenshots of my paypal invoice. The customer service representative who finally got back to me was very unfriendly, and almost hostile.

The book then arrived nearly two weeks later (that's two weeks after it was posted; more than three weeks after I placed my order). I have heard from others that fishpond sends their books from the UK. I didn't find this info on the website before ordering, and I haven't found it anywhere since, so it must be pretty well hidden!

Share Fishpond.com.au's store rating

Fishpond.com.au is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Fishpond.com.au is not a merchant member
Fishpond.com.au does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!