Product & services pricing 6.67/10
Customer service: 8.33/10
Return/Replacement policy: 9.17/10
2018-05-24

Scammers!

"Charged me $996.00 for data they said they recovered in full. However, when I called to see when my hard drive would be shipped, customer service rep, Victor, (would not give me last name) stated, they were NOT able to recover data and would not refund my money. His manger, Paul Beardshaw, would not come to the phone or return my call. "

2018-04-25

Very bad service and they are NOT trustworthy

"Don't use this company, they said that my drive would be recovered locally. I paid for a high priority recovery and they shipped my drive off without telling me. They kept on asking for money to recover the data but continued to tell me that the drive was local when it was not. I asked for it to be returned and they then reduced the recovery costs or asked for additional money to be shipped back to me. They had my drive for 3 weeks and did nothing to it. Customer support is across sea's, they don't do business in my state. DON'T USE horrible support and they are not honest."

2018-01-08

Not Bad

"Just went through the diagnosis. Not bad"

2017-12-22

FileRecoup - Case 134182

"FileRecoup took a little longer then planned but was able to assist me. I was trying to recover my iPhone backup file from my Mac after losing my Phone. "

2017-12-21

Great work but unexpected billing and poor communication

"When our mSATA ssd drive bit the dust we thought all was lost - our user wasn't following protocol and stored key files on their local desktop (which wasn't backed up) After evaluating what was lost and the effort to recreate the data I wanted to provide management with another option - recovery! After a google search we came across FileRecoup and it looked promising. After reading some reviews and checking out the site we realized that we could obtain a free evaluation to see if attempting recovery was in fact an option. We filled in the online forms and had a pre-paid FedEx shipping label provided to us. We sent the drive out and waited!
After a short time we heard back from the company - I received a phone call indicating the drive was recoverable and that I'd be looking at about $2200 for the work - Now I had something to go back to management with. The rep continued on saying that I'd need to pay a "non-refundable deposit" to begin work of $563.87. This was to cover "initial donor parts, labor, clean room set-up, cloud account for data return" - this would also pay for the work should our data ultimately be "non-recoverable". This was a risk but they placed the recovery at 85% chance of success. I was OK with this and I understood the risk.
They sent a document to us with the following line verbatim: (from "Final Payment Data Recovery Authorization" Form) "I am responsible for the entire final payment amount (CAD $2, 197.85) minus the initial non-refundable down payment amount (CAD $563.86)"
This exactly coincided with my discussion with the rep on the phone. When asking up-front how much and told $2200 with roughly a $500 deposit to start work I went to management and got approval. My paperwork was submitted to the accounting department and we used the company card to pay for the deposit.
It was only a few days plus a weekend and we received notification that the drive was recoverable and the file structure was provided online for us to browse to see if it was indeed what we were looking for. It was! All the missing data and some other things which also made life just a bit easier for our user was within our reach. We gave the go-ahead and was instructed to sign another document indicating the full price as discussed of $2, 197.85 - this again was expected - it wasn't a credit card portal but more of a "our obligations and your rights" document.
At the end of the day our card was billed nearly $2200 AND $560 - our accounting department pushed back noting the error from what was expected. Accounting tried calling many times and left messages but none were returned. Finally they reached an individual who said "we are very busy and someone will get back to them soon".
Accounting sent the documents back to me and said to look into - after emailing my contact I received a quick reply stating more or less - that was what you signed and "The forms can be a bit confusing".
Had they been upfront initially and said "We expect the job to cost totally about $2760 and you'd be required to put in $560 upfront to begin work (and this is non-refundable)" We would have been totally fine with this!
Now we have a bad taste in our mouth from the experience and a "too-bad so sad" cavalier attitude from the company.
Another note was at the end of this process we had the option to download our data from the cloud or be charged for the data to be placed on a stick and sent to us. We chose the cloud option and responded immediately as such as we have very fast fiber internet. We didn't hear back from them for a few days until they called us saying the data was being recovered and would take some time. A day or two later a memory stick showed up at our office unexpectedly.
So overall I'm satisfied with the work that was done - yes, they recovered the data from a physical mSATA SSD Drive but otherwise everything else was poor to unsatisfactory.
Being just "The IT Tech" it wasn't my money nor my hardware but I feel responsible for a budget overrun that quite frankly should never have happened in the first place!

2017-12-14

Excellent Work

"I was searching online where to send my broke. My files were retrieved after i was not able to open all the files in my drive. It took some time but it's all worth the wait. Now I got a view of my files again."

2017-12-14

Excellent!!

"I was so happy to find a File Recoup when my computer had a bad virus. It was so damaged that I thought it would cost a lot and a long time to fix. Luckly with the help of File Recoup, my computer is back to normal and is work great. It was affordable to get fixed and I didn't have to wait long before was finished. This company also was great with communication and very informative about what was wrong with computer. I would recommend their service to my friends and family if they have any problems with their computer."

2017-12-13

Great service

"Last time i spent a lot time to find company which can help me.
My case was not simple (because i lost all my data in old computer) that is way i tried to find really good company with high qualification employees. And i started working with File Recoup and i can say that it is right choose! Great service, all issue has beed resolved! And very fast feedback for all your question!

2017-12-12

Reassuring products and services

People actually can't **** the importance of having such a service at their immediate availability until they are presented with a situation when they loose something extremely important and have no expertise to conduct the investigations by themselves. Knowing that I can instantly access a group of specialists who promise to help me with any data loss recovery is a huge relief because I am a linguist and an interpreter and deal with a lot of data on a daily basis. I always emphasize the importance of customer feedback and this company appears to be highly respected and appreciated. It appears that this company offers discount to special group of clients such as medical or educational institutions (these are just a few examples ,for a full list please check their official website) which I consider being a big plus! Thank you

2017-12-12

Good services

"I had an old acer computer that i was scared to even turn on because i just knew it would crash any day now and it did haha. I had tons if pictures and files on that computer i thought my life was over.
I found out File recoup and thankfully they guide me all the way threw.

2017-11-14

A great experience

"The DC jack on my laptop gave out on me last week, so I called around to get prices. FileRecoup had the best deal by far, so we took the computer in. The staff were very friendly and professional! Even though we came in an hour before closing,The one taking care of our problem said he wouldn't leave until the job was finished. Awesome! Laptop works great now"

2017-11-09

Satisfactory

"My laptop suddenly got switched off and as a non computer guy,I had no clue of why it got switched off.Took my laptop to them and they instantly spotted the reason as virus attack.They helped them to recover all the data that i needed.I was very much satisfied with their support provided"

2017-10-31

Satisfied Customer!

"In a world where technology is used for everything it's nice to know there is a company that you can go to when technology loses your files! Okay, I lost the but still technology played a part. File Recoup recovered important files for me in not time! I just knew I would never find them again and after attempting all I knew how to locate things on my computer I almost gave up. Thankfully a friend recommended that I give File Recoup a try and although I was a bit skeptical, I did, and all I can say is, thank you!"

2017-10-31

gerat prices

"This company File Recoup is very helpful. I highly recommend this to anyone who have a computer virus. I was able to use my computer again. They have great prices also. Thanks"

2017-10-27

Good services

"File recoup did a pretty good job getting my computer files back. The prices was very reasonable and the process was fast. I will use again if i need to lol."

Share File Recoup's store rating