Services
99 reviews

Shipping & packaging: 1.67/10
Return/Replacement policy: 0.25/10
2018-05-21

No customer Service ph number when needed

"I ordered four tickets online. And the fourth party did not show. So I looked to cancel. So I went into my email to look for the phone number on my receipt, there was no phone number. So I went into website , Still no phone number but a link to a live chat which ended up being over 35 minutes. I had to go into the live before the movie started, And of course I was on the subway so I lost connection. So I went back to the live chat while the movie was going. Still can I get a refund. If the phone number was on my receipt I would’ve been able to access an agent immediately! They lost a customer for ever and I’ll never go back! "

2018-05-12

Will never use Fandango again

"Bought 7 tickets and had a family emergency (wife is pregnant and we had to go to the doctor) In the middle of this I called and tried to chat with someone to get credit only not even a refund, all I wanted was credit so we can go a different date. The chat was was saturated and same on the phone so the time of the start of the movie went past. I sent an email explaining the situation and they would not credit. Will never buy from fandango anymore. "

2018-05-09

Fees, fees, and more fees

"My kids got a gift card for Christmas. We just used it...tickets were more than in our local theater (only .50, but times 5). Then, we went to check out and there is a $1.50 "convenience fee" per ticket! So, for the "convenience" of not being able to buy tickets at the theater but having to go to their website and jump through all of their hoops to purchase for the right movie and time at the right theater and then get the tickets sent to the right device so they can use them to get in, I paid $2.00 more for each ticket. What a scam! I will never use fandango again."

2018-04-27

No refund issued, even though it was THEIR FAULT

"I purchased two IMAX tickets to a movie. So...PRICEY.

When I arrived at the theater, I learned the movie was cancelled because of a projector failure.. They would not refund my ticket & told me to request one through Fandango.

I tried. Fandango said that the movie had "already started" (it never started), so I could not get a refund.

What a rip off. The additional "convenience fee" was also annoying, since there was nothing convenient about the experience.

It was so frustrating that I haven't used Fandango since. I realize it was an unusual event, but Fandango's lack of customer service is maddening.

I've written Fandango twice and have not received any response.

2018-03-05

Rip off

"I couldn’t make the show and the Cinemark nor fandango will give me a credit nor a refund so that’s $22.00 down the drain y’all are taking ppl money and won’t give it back I’ll never use it again "

2018-02-17

I want a refund

"I purchased 4 tickets on fandango website to the eclipse movie theater to see black Panther. Went to the theater stood in line . They told us we are to early. You can go into the bar area to wait. I said we have our kids with us. They said we will watch your kids and they will sit over here. Moments later the guy said I just realize you said kids. We can’t have your kids here it’s adults only. And that we need to go downstairs to get a refund. Went to the desk again. And they said we are getting your refund now. The front desk lady said oh but wait did you purchase the tickets on fandango website. I said yes. They said we can’t give you your money back only but fandango. I called fandango at the theater several times. They automatic system came on and said they are closed. Call back tomorrow morning. I was on hold for 2 hours and the system hung up on me. I called back press one so I won’t be holding the phone and they put me on hold. Called me back and put me on hold for another hour. I spoke with a guy at fandango. He explained to me they have to talk with corporate and they will let me know if they can give me a refund. This is ridiculous, we never saw the movie and they want to keep my money . I spoke with another representative over the phone and she said that they denied my request for a refund because it’s after the show. I called at the theater and the fandango office was closed. We went to a 1155pm showing. Why sell tickets for a 1155pm showing and not be open. I want my money back. Don’t purchase movie tickets from fandango seriously. "

Helpful (1) Cool

2018-02-09

DO NOT BUY FANDANGO GIFT CARDS!

"LOOK OUT PEOPLE
I was given a gift card for helping my daughter with a problem in the kitchen. I felt so honored to get this from her. I believe Fandango may do this purposely what I'm about to tell you. There would be no reason to list theaters that Fandango gift cards can't be used at. Case and point. Our favorite theater is only about 2 to 3 miles from our house. We looked at the movies through Fandango's web site on the back of the card. We drought up our theater and found the movie we wanted to see. I put the number in and it bought the tickets. We went down to the theater, bought popcorn and sodas. We jumped in line as I had the QR code on my cell phone. When they scanned the QR code it wouldn't work. Come to find out, Fandango automatically sent the tickets to one of the theaters they partner with. No window stating Fandango doesn't partner with or this theater doesn't except Fandango gift cards, NOTHING. The movie theater was in the next town and about 10 miles away. The movie was starting in 15 mins., so we missed the movie. When I went back home I called Fandango and had to wait 1 hour before someone came on the phone. I wasn't the only customer with Fandango problems. I explained what had happened and they said the movie had already showed so we will not give your money or credit to you. I took this to the next step, 10 days later I received an email saying they will not credit this transaction. Remember, no window came up to say we do not service this theater, NOTHING, it just automatically sent the theater to the nearest theater they partnered with. Why would Fandango show a theaters info if they do not service that theater?

2018-02-08

Gift card never worked

"My giftcard was supposed to have $25 on it. When I went to use it it said invalid. called customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. The **** the phone was very unapologetic after I was put on hold for 20 minutes, then placed on hold again for 15 minutes."

2018-01-28

Never could download ticket, no reception. No refund or exchange

"Billed me for something I never received. We paid for the tickets and then when I got home, I see they emailed me the ticket. Was unable to used because I was disconnected during the purchasing process. I thought it never went through. I am stuck for the amount of 2 senior tickets. NEVER WILL USE AGAIN>"

2018-01-22

Horrible Customer Service

"I tried to purchase tickets online for a movie. The Fandango site timed out and gave me an error. So we rushed to the theater and bought the tickets there. The movie was at 7:30. When I got home there was an email from Fandango stamped 11:15pm (well after the movie) congratulating me on my ticket purchase! I contacted them and they said there was nothing they could do because the movie was over and they would send it to corporate and they would get back to me... they never did. Luckily I paid with PayPal so I tried to contact them through PayPal. Still no response. I escalated it to a case dispute and they didn't even contact PayPal who proceed to side on my part. Here's the kicker... Fandango didn't even have enough funds in their account for PayPal to get my whole purchase back! Horrible, or really no, customer service. We will never use them again."

2018-01-14

We only made $1.50 on you...

"I was on the way to the movie theater and bought my ticket with the app... a few minutes later I hadn't even reached the theater when I realized I bought it for the wrong theater. But the movie had already "started" (aka... previews)... therefore no refund. The only thing the guy I spoke with had to say was... We only made $1.50 on you. "

2018-01-04

the worst ever

"customer service is the worst never will get your refund. DONT USE"

2018-01-02

horrible business

"These people are thieves and don't care about good business practices. Stay away from fandango "

2017-12-26

User fees exorbitant

"I purchased 7 tickets for my family to see a $5 Tuesday movie. It ended up costing me $47.88 out of my $50 gift card. I threw the card with the remaining balance away since it wouldn't be any good to me the next time I use it (all the money left would go to fees anyway). That's a 30% upcharge. I will NEVER use Fandango again!"

2017-12-17

Never received tickets

"I purchased tickets for a movie I had to chaperone last minute but never received the confirmation email and had to purchased them again at the theater. I talked to their costumer service and instead of helping kept copy pasting the same response and then logged out"

Share Fandango's store rating