Stores > Expedia

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Expedia by clicking a star below.
2017-07-30

Steal your money

"booked a flight a few hours ago with Expedia and they charged me for an insurance that I didn't even asked for. The flight was $91 and the insurance $51. I've sent several emails, called the customer service four times and they were useless. I want to keep my flight and the only thing I want to do is to cancel the travel insurance and have a refund (insurance which I'm pretty sure I said NO, but somehow they manage to charge me anyways) One person on the call center told me the only thing they could do for me was give me a voucher of $30 in my next purchase. I've told him that I was having the worst customer experience ever and the voucher would be useless, once I will never book anything through expedia again. Then I asked for a full refund of my ticket once you can have full a refund if you cancel before midnight. The person once again told me that they couldn't give me the refund because the flight company was now the responsible for Booking. They told me I was the one who choose the travel insurance on the website but is set up automatically If you don't choose anything. And even if I choose (awareness) this option, I got in contact with them and few minutes later to try to cancel the insurance, but it has been hours since then and they don't want to solve My problem. I don't know why I'm obligated to stay with something that I've said so many times I don't want to. the website tricks the clients to choose things because they can get money behind it.

2017-07-28

The best hotel I've been too

"It was nice and I really liked the pool the zip line was awesome the ATV amazing and I really liked our room but the stuff in the mini bar was expensive "

2017-07-26

nightmare booking flight

"I have never experienced anything like this while trying to book a simple flight. I was put on hold for 1 hr and 33 min while waiting for my confirmation #for a very short domestic flight plus hotel. I asked after waiting this long if I could get any form of compensation for this and the girl put me through to someone who she said could do that. I was hung up on after waiting 15 min. I called back and waited 1 hour and 39 min for a supervisor who finally said he could do nothing...then after arguing with him he said he could give me a coupon for the next time i used expedia for $50. off hotel pkg. What a joke. I saved all phone records for a grand total of 3 hrs and 24 min for a measly $50. coupon. First of all i wont be using the coupon because i will NEVER use Expedia again! If I could give less than 1 star I would!!"

2017-07-17

Please make yourself a favour and DO NOT BOOK with Expedia EVER!

"Tried to book hotel in Greece with Expedia.

There was an error during booking, i havent recieved my booking or any kind of confirmation but the funds are reserved!

I contacted Expedia via email, got no response. Clled their customer servica and spoke with a robot who doesnt give a **** about my booking.

They said they will call me next day about the reservation and that hotel will also call me. I postponed some meetings because i was expecting their calls. NO ONE CALLED!
I called the customer service again, they said they can not provide me with the booking??? I said that is ok, than release the funds you reserved. They said they can not do that???????? I should contact paypal???

Spoke with supervisor who started YELLING AT ME???? I suppose becaus eshe is frustrated or somethig???

After one week recieved email answer they could not locate me. Money is still reserved.

Now i can not continue palling my vacation because my funds are reserved and I DID NOT RECIEVE ANY BOOKING or SERVICE!!!

If you have enough money and time to spend hours with their robot usleless support go ahead and book with those crooks, liers and thieft!

2017-07-16

Crappy customer service thats being nice

"I have dealt with and had good experiences with them. After today never again will I deal with them. I called trying to figure out what I could do about changing hotels feel very unsafe. They said sure cancel it your money will be returned in 7 to 10 business days and we will find another one and you pay up front. Hello if I could afford drop 800 with out needing it I wouldnt be using them and book myself. Stay very far away from them"

2017-07-14

STAY AWAY FROM EXPEDIA, THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF

"Expedia cant be trusted, they lie and sheet; the have ruined my vacation. I booked a hotel and asked for 2 premium connecting rooms, I was told that i would be guaranteed the rooms, they lied to me and booked different rooms and charged me for the premium. After they they proceeded to call back the hotel and asked to downgrade the rooms again so they could make extra profit. I called and asked for a refund for the difference and I am still fighting with them for the refund.
I believe the service center is not in the USA, it sound like they are in INDIA.
DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY, THEY WILL TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO RIP YOU OFF.

2017-06-17

Run away from this site, worse customer service ever

"I've had expedia account for years and had booked multiple flights and bundles, when I checked my points balance it was 0, contacted customer service and got told I wasn't enrolled in such program, I signed up for expedia years and years ago and I never got a notification that I had to take further action to be able to get points. Worst policies ever!!!! "

2017-05-04

MISERABLE

"Heaven forbid you try to change your reservation. I was on hold w Expedia literally 40 minutes. They went through a dog and pony show of contacting the hotel. I called the hotel and got the quick answer that my change had to be made through Expedia, who would not accommodate me. Once you book do not look for any kind of customer service!"

2017-04-03

Dissatisfied experiences

"•room booked was already given away on arrival with card on file and charged.
•options due to Expedia were to pay cancellation through Expedia and directly book through hotel for additional cost and to wait until next morning for Vacancy.
•app difficult to make any changes to additional information.
•cancelled future booking through app due to this inconvenience, app failed to delete and was charged a full nights room and cancellation fee within same trip.
*was reimbursed $200 credit by Expedia which I used a portion of and when went to use remaining credits informed any remaining is forfeited. Then was not re credited remaining amount.
•When trying to leave a 1-star app review conveniently kept deleting comments due to name being taken or password error instead of editing option.
First time Expedia customer, I will be sticking with Priceline & other agents if any as I have never had any issues in all my traveling years and I will not use Expedia ever again for these many factors.
Saving money with Expedia did not happen, it costed our family money and a full nights sleep on the streets of Orlando without paying double. Expedia was still paid by above hotels at their customers expense and they didn't make it right. Horrible customer service and portal.

2017-02-04

False advertising

"I've been a customer for many years and have mostly satisfied with the pricing and options, until a recent false advertisement on an airline quote: a flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles was quoted at $146 all the way until I made the purchase, just to realize that they charged me $176. I even tried to search for the same flight after the fact and, there again, it was the $146 quote.
I emailed Expedia and they blamed it on the airline...
Absolutely ridiculous. And there's no recourse to the average Joe to get restitution, and forget trying to rebook- that'll cost you an extra $125.
Shameful!

2017-01-31

Wont refund

"Booked a flight that was cancelled by the airline, Expedia haven't refunded and just ignoring requests despite confirmation from the airline that the travel agent (Expedia) need to issue my refund.
Terrible service and will never use again.

2016-12-18

WORST TRAVEL AGENCY

"If I could give Expedia a negative review I would. I have spent a collective 6 hours on the phone with Expedia trying to fix their own mistakes while being berated, treated like a child, and having supervisors and managers telling me that there was 'nothing they could do' about their own mistakes. Here is a very simplistic version of events: I booked a flight through Expedia originally for Dec. 12, two weeks before my flight I realised I needed to move it to the 7th, I called to move it, was told that the move was not covered under the insurance that I bought (big surprise) but moved the flight anyway so I could be home for my mother's birthday. A few days before my flight I went on Norwegian air to add my flight details and my flight no longer existed. Nothing for dec. 7th (although my card had been charged) and nothing for dec. 12. I called, was on the phone for an hour and was told it was sorted but it would take 24 hours to show up on Norwegian. It never did and I finally had to spend four hours on the phone with Expedia the night before my flight trying to sort everything out (the entire time I was treated with extreme disrespect and their customer service couldn't have been less interested in my case). Luckily I was able to fly home, but finally, I spent a further two hours on the phone tonight because Expedia charged two different cards for the same flight and refused to admit their mistake until I had to send them screen shots of my credit card transactions with time stamps to prove it, even though I had provided multiple reference numbers. Finally after speaking to two different customer service reps, supervisors and managers, everything is now (hopefully) sorted, although I am will not be convinced until the refund is processed. All in all, I would NEVER recommend Expedia to ANYONE because not only did they have multiple screw ups on their end, they treated me terribly and refused to admit their mistakes until it was shoved in their face. "

2016-11-28

Expedia-Greedia- took my money for a nonexistent room

"They did not return it voluntarily. Paypal helped me get refund. THEY STINK as far as I am concerned. Never again."

2016-11-16

READ ALL FINE PRINTS OF COUPONS ISSUED BY EXPEDIA

"I made a mistake of not reading their fine prints and only believed their live agents. They gave me a coupon to use. I was led to believe by the agent that I could use the coupon by expiry date (end of 2016) and yet traveled from Jan 2017. Second agent said the first agent was wrong and nothing could be done. This was after we bought air tickets and car rentals !!! Everyone in Expedia I talked to when called said nothing could be done !!!! Beware !!!!"

2016-08-07

Website Glitch cost 45% more for flight. Expedia will not honor anything even if a known website error.

"I have used expedia off and on for 15 years. Their website glitched for over 5 hours and even when on the phone with them they could not book the flight I was looking for. They said to try back later. Today is the next day which is later and the flight went up 45% because of me trying to book the flight ( which should be illegal). Since their site glitched it cost me a lot more money so I called CS back to tell them what happened and instead of even trying to help or give a future discount they just told me "No we will not change any price even if our website glitches".

Use a company for years and will not even fix something when it was their error. Very poor and sad customer service to say the least. They lost a customer forever because part of having a business is to the support you offer and they lack all support when they need to come to a resolution on something. They should go out of business and people should stop using them for any of their travel needs.

Share Expedia's store rating

Expedia is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Expedia is not a merchant member
Expedia does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!