Stores > Elsevier
  • Elsevier

Voice your opinion! Review Elsevier by clicking a star below.

Refund taking over 9 weeks

"Pretty unimpressed by the professionalism of Elsevier, they have an extremely inefficient refund process that has kept me waiting over 9 weeks now for my refund. It originally took me around 10 days to cancel my order and I was told by their customer support that there was no possible way for them to cancel the order. I sent a handful of emails and someone finally was able to help me cancel the order and said 6-8 weeks for the refund. I find interest free loans to multibillion dollar companies INSANE and I will never buy another product from this company. I called today to ask about my refund and they said it'll take another 7-10 business days simply to refund the money to my credit card. THOROUGHLY unimpressed."

Terrible customer service

"For as much as we pay for these products, it stands to reason customer service could be helpful without being rude. It even radiates out to the supervisors when you complain. Shameful. I would NOT optionally use this product. "

"I was very disappointed when the study guide I purchased had only answers to the odd numbered questions. I spoke with Evolve to see if I could get the even numbered questions and was told that only instructors can have access to the rest of the answers. I am doing this course as a self study and do not have an instructor. I asked to speak with the manager and was told I would receive a call back. I have yet to hear back. I am now stuck with a study guide that does not contain all the answers.

I will probably never purchase from this company again. When I explained my situation they were unwilling to help or try to resolve the issue.

"Elsevier UK

They double charged and then cancel my order, because my debit card has been declined.

I have order over 120 times from Bookdepository, always one charge per order and never my "debit card has been declined".

"kindly send the dispatch details of this journal because till now we are not received
Order IDo361460172
City lucknow
State uttar pradesh
Zip Code 226001
Phone 9548911336

"pros: great breadth of texts, easy to navigate website, quick and easy checkout with prompt delivery.
cons: a little on the expensive side

"I purchased online access codes for a textbook. This site took my payment but did not provide the access codes. I must stop payment because I can not reach anybody in customer service"

"I placed an order with the impression that I was simply buying an access code and that I would get the code via email instantly. I called customer service and he was not helpful and somewhat rude and didn't offer any alternative solutions to my issue. I cannot believe there is not an "instant access" option for those of us whi simply need an access code to get to course materials for an online course. This should definitely be addressed. All of the other online sites I have worked with offer instant access after you purchase the code. "

"I was promised a 25% discount on my order but at the checkout the promotion code was not accepted. I ended up spending more than I had intended. I contacted the company asking them to apply the discount but no response as yet."

"I have not been charged for this yet and am still waiting to get it. The class has started and the first test is on Friday. I still need to know if it has been sent or I could buy it locally. Please help!
Jean Revie

"I bought an orthotics book today, that was cheaper than anywhere else on the internet by at at least $50. It was even cheaper than the discount given to the members of AAOP. The process of buying the book was also straight forward and really quick.

"This is the first book I purchased from Elsevier that was not an online book. I thought the ordering process was very simple and completed the information very quickly. I received an immediate email confirming my order. I was very pleased except I was sent an email by Elsevier with a promotional code for 25% off the price of the book, but was not given the option to enter the code. This will not deter me from ordering again, I am very pleased with the entire process regarding downloading the Elsevier products for my online studies. Thanks for making this so quick and easy. "

"It takes à long time before your on-line subscription (in my case "JACC") is activated, this in comparison with other magazines, e.g "the New England Journal of Medicine", "the Lancet", "JAMA" were it is immediate ! Also the procedures for subscription are rather cumbersome. "

"Gostei do site, mas o fato de não poder comprar informando meu real endereço não é legal. Tive que informar o endereço de um amigo que mora nos Estados Unidos para poder comprar online daqui do Brasil um livro cuja distribuição é digital, ou seja informando meu e-mail não deveria importar de onde é a compra, não é mesmo?"

"I could not get along without my Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book. I have been buying this for years.

I am a little annoyed that I was sent a card with a 10% discount code, but when I put it into the order it was ignored and I received 0 discount.

Share Elsevier's store rating

Elsevier is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Elsevier is not a merchant member
Elsevier does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!