• 1
  • 2
2007-03-09

"On Feb 6th, 2007, I placed an order with Edmund Scientific, which is apparently now only possible through Google Checkout. Two days later, my card was charged for the order. After a week of waiting, the order had still not shipped, making this the second longest waiting period I had to deal with online (the first was with the now defunct Express.com). At that point, I sent a query to them regarding the order, and I was told the items were “on back-order with a approximate date of 2/23/07. These items will ship once they arrive.” There was no indication of this status when I placed the order. Considering that I placed this order in response to an email advertisement they sent me, I would expect much faster service than this.

Well, that date came and went with absolutely no change in the order status. To this day, over two weeks after that notification and over a month since I was charged, nothing has shipped, and the order status page still says, “Your order is in progress”, with the last listed activity being my card being charged on Feb 8th.

At this point I have cancelled my order. I now wonder just how long I’ll have to wait for them to get around to handling that.

2006-03-17

"Ordered a telescope on Saturday because of their great shipping price and a discount from a google search. Although they sent an order confirmation number immediately, it wasn't until Tuesday morning that the order showed up on their online tracking system. However, it shipped on Monday, so no complaints about the speed of shipment. The item arrived on Thursday, as ordered.

I would definitely use Edmund's again, especially since their shipping rates were less than half those of Orion, the maker of the telescope, and their price was discounted as well.

Helpful (1) Cool

zitt
zitt
Top Reviewer!
2002-12-31

"Nice selection of products.
Shipping process could be improved by sending an email confirmation with tracking number when the item ships.

Share Edmund Scientifics's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!