Stores > Disney Store
  • Disney Store

Voice your opinion! Review Disney Store by clicking a star below.

"This company is a disgrace! I bought my daughter's Halloween costume at the Saugus, MA store on Oct. 2, 2014. After purchase she asked to buy another costume and wasn't sure which one she wanted to wear until Halloween. She decided to wear the second one and today 37 days later I tried to return the first costume WITH A RECEIPT.

I was informed that my receipt was "void" and that they would not honor the price I paid ($50.88). They would only reimburse me the last selling price which was 50% less than what I paid for it. I told them that the value I paid should be honored as I had the receipt and I was never informed of this policy. They pointed out that it was on the counter by the cash register. It old them like gift certificates retain their value for years, my receipt should retain the same value!

I have NEVER heard of such a practice. I have returned stuff with and without receipts 30, 60, 90 days later at various stores and have NEVER encountered a situation where my receipt was void or the value I paid was reduced. I spoke to TWO managers at the store who defended this practice and told me it was perfectly legal.

To me this is sleazy. They are making a profit off of people who are just too busy or a toddler who's too indecisive to have a product returned within the time frame. I would be happy to take a merchandise credit but I want it for the full amount of want I paid. What did they do to earn that money that they are taking from me? Nothing! IF you are going to be so strict especially with seasonal items make sure you COMMUNICATE it to people.

I think this is a timely topic as many families are probably out Christmas shopping and like me have absolutely no idea that this is their practice. It was not communicated to me at all when I purchased the costume. And when others go to return Christmas merchandise, as people often do, they too will be swindled. Will never shop here again and I have let all my family and friends know.

Disney - don't you have enough money???? Change your policy and make it fair to working families.

"I was so excited for the first time they have accept order from Sydney, Australia. I am now very disappointed with them.

When I tried to placed the order with Disney store yesterday and having problem with them not accepting my PayPal account. Have sent an email to Guest Customer Service and no one got back to me.
And now the "Rapunzel" Precious Moments doll that I wanted to order for my niece it now "Sold Out".

Disney is large corporation and I thought in this Modern IT Age they should have much better e-commerce website and wonderful customer service. This is my first experience with them and will be my last. Other online store and e-bay store a much much better service than Disney.

"Don't bother with Disney store .
I ordered an elsa costume and they took the money but lost the order.By the time I took a case against them through Paypal the costume was out of stock.They were hopless .Not really an apology but there emails were full of Magically yours .Not magically yours at all a shambolic mess.My grandaughter is gutted.

"I was extremely disappointed with the Disney Store! I ordered a shirt online as a birthday gift. I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks which would have been plenty of time before the birthday. It took nearly 8 weeks before I received the shirt and had to give it to my family member after their birthday had passed. I called them after the 6 weeks had passed and they told me they didn't know when I would get my order. Two days later I was finally told that it shipped and it took another week before I received it. I expect way more from a company like Disney. If you want something for Christmas order it in September to make sure it is on time."

"Yet again Disneystore.com is a disgrace to the Disney name. Once again I order items, am even told they have shipped only to find out a full week/YES SEVEN DAYS! later that three of the items are permanently out of stock. Not sure how these folks stay in business but the reviews here certainly reflect my experiences. Done. Soiled the good name of Disney for our family. Fool me once shame on you...this one is on me and I am done. Spreading the word this is consistently the way Disneystore.com does business over the last few years. Save your time, money and energy. Cannot be counted on."

"I ordered a gift card to be shipped to my niece for her birthday because she and her family were taking a trip to Disney World. I placed my order 9 days prior to their departure, thinking that was enough time. I submitted my order on a Tuesday and when I called customer service on that Friday, they said it was still being processed. I then tried to cancel my order on the spot because I knew it would never make it on time. The woman said she canceled it, but the next morning I got an email confirming that the order was shipped. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ORDERING FROM THIS WEBSITE! They obviously have a lot of kinks to work out in their supply chain, and are completely unreliable. I have never been so frustrated with a company. They've just lost a promising customer."

"the store is always clean, the employees are always so nice to the shoppers always have a big smile on there faces. I love to shop there for my grandkids. "

"After visiting Disney World we thought it would be easier to purchase from the DisneyStore.com and ship to home rather than carrying back gifts. Although the confirmation email stated 2 days to ship it took over a week just to package and ship let alone travel. Called guest services twice and felt like I was dealing with the government. Will not use this ecommerce site again."

"My kids always have a great experience at the Disneystore. "

"The Disney Store is pathetic. If you order something and want to wait a week or more for an a item ship? Than this is the store for you. You think with today's day and age, you could process orders a little faster than that. As a e-commerce store this has to be one of the worse experiences with an online vendor.

I ordered form them before in the past, and will definitely not order from them in the future. Amazon, Newegg, Walmart, and etc can process orders rather efficiently. But a billion dollar corporation such as Disney cant seem to get it straight.

Customer service is nice, but they cant do anything for you. Cancel an order? Nope it's been in our fulfillment center a week we cant guarantee it? HUH? Magically the 2 0f the 3 items I ordered went out of stock 5 days after the order placement.

Dont disappoint your children! Save time, save money, order elsewhere until Disney hires some personnel to run the e-commerce operations better.

"So Disappointed... Placed an order by phone for costume and other items 7 days had passed order still wasn't shipped... Thank goodness I called to find out items that were available when I placed the order are all of sudden sold out... Mind you placed order with person not on line.. "

"We enjoyed the workers at the store they were very help full and new a lot about the priness names and were ready to help when we needed help."

"Would never EVER buy from this store again! Their a rip off and if you buy a costume in the wrong size YOU have to pay shipping cost to ship it back. Even though I spent over 100.00 on costumes. I received an email to call them about it. What good that did. Basically told me it was my fault so I need to pay the shipping cost. Bottom line I would never buy from this website again."

"I ordered 30 of the same item as gifts. I received an email saying that 6 had shipped. Contacted guest services and was told that they were out of stock - had I been told ahead of time I would have cancelled the order as 6 are of little use. Despite this, decided to go ahead and keep the 6. To add insult to injury, UPS wanted me to pay $14 brokerage fee as Disney had marked the package with the original value for all 30 items instead of the actual value of the 6 things inside (worth less than $10 so should not have been subject to brokerage fee). I refused delivery and asked UPS to send them back to sender. I now have a request in for a refund. Let's see what happens. Will never buy off Disney Store online again!"

"Ordered a sweatshirt with Olaf from Frozen, first I ordered from Disney Online, received product from zazzel? terrible quality. Took picture. Return denied, they said the letters are meant to be of varying sizes. I wrote back, I understand that but the printed quality is horrible, looks unprofessional. After many emails they said they would accept a one time only return. What happened to we want to make you happy and product is guaranteed? Then they said they would not refund any shipping, so I'm out $15.00 plus now my Grand daughter does not have a birthday present."

Share Disney Store's store rating

Disney Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Disney Store is not a merchant member
Disney Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!