Stores > Discount Tire Direct

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Discount Tire Direct by clicking a star below.
2017-11-21

Trouble was installer, not tires

"Price on Michelin's was on par with other on-line vendors, and $40 less per tire than my installer. However, no tax, no shipping charges? Great. Had them sent to my installer directly. Arrived in 3 business days. After install car vibrated at highway speed. Bought car back to installer and re-balanced, no improvement. My installer inferred that the tires were "bad". Called customer service and was told they had to be "road force balanced" to see if there was an issue with one or more tires. I did not like this answer but they were correct. I went to a different tire installer who said the first place did a "poor job". I did have to pay for another balancing, but it was the original installer's fault, not discounttiredirect. Also, I missed the rebate period by 1 week, but called and they sent me a $70 rebate card anyway."

2017-11-10

No Honor. No replacement5111262

"Discount Tire direct didn't honor my replacement certificate. Customer service gave me a hard time when all I needed was help."

2017-10-06

Extra charge for mounting the tires/what a rip off!!!

"I have been doing business with Discount tires for 20 years. On 10/5/2017 I purchase 4 new tires for my Acura auto at the Las Vegas, Nevada store. Much to my surprise they charged $16.60 to mount the tires (labor). I argued the point, and the sales person Bryan Lindsay said that is the charge and I can just buy the tires, and get them mounted myself!! Why is this a charge? Don't they pay their employees a wage/salary already? Costco does not charge this! Sam's Club does not charge this! Tire Works does not charge this! I will not be doing business with Discount Tire again!! Be warned consumers! "

2017-09-08

They sell old tires....and ADMIT it!

"Just purchased a set of tires for my Lexus. When the tires arrived, I checked the date code, and learned the tires were already 2.5 years old! Since tire manufacturers now tell owners to replace tires at six years of age, I called to get new tires or a refund.

While on the phone with Discount Tire Direct's customer service rep, he told me that they stock tires in their warehouse for up to three years!

If you are considering purchasing from them, please contact them first and have them verify the age of the tires you are purchasing.

2017-08-08

The best customer service!

"I found a screw in a tire, and it turned out to be non-repairable. And when they broke down the wheel, they found a lot of corrosion inside the wheel itself. I do a lot of highway driving, and cannot afford to be stranded somewhere so I bough all new tires and wheels. So far so good. But the Cooper highway tire I had selected turned out to be out of stock. I think they only had three when the computer said five. Regardless, they offered to upgrade me to the next Cooper tire for free. It had a bit more aggressive tread than I wanted and I was concerned it might be too noisy, but went ahead with it. Sure enough, I wasn't happy with that model because of the noise. Even though it wasn't super loud, it was louder than I wanted. So I went back a couple of days later, and they very cheerfully got in the original tire I wanted and swapped them out while I waited. Their customer service is outstanding, and that's why I keep going back!

2017-07-31

The Best tire store around !!

"I've been buying my tires from them for the 20 years !! great prices great customer service !! I wont buy my tires from anyone else !!"

2017-07-15

Cheap tires, excellent customer service!

"Ive recently purchased tires and sadly had a problem with them being shipped to my house, yet i never received them. Upon finding this out i was stressed about money down the drain. Although after talking to Roxanne Ritchlin, she made all my worries disappear! She was prompt with responses, very friendly and just made the entire experience worth it. I definitely recommend buying tires through Direct Tires Direct! Best prices i have found."

2017-07-01

HORRIBLE Customer service

"Spoke to alive agent and gave specific tire and zip code for shipping to find out if order will ship the same day. Agent said it will ship the same day. Called Customer service the next day and Tire is NOT IN STOCK.
Was transferred to customer care and was basically told it's in order and this call is basically a waste of time. This will be my last purchase from this store. If this will make them not ship my order then so be it. I would rather share this review so people will stop buying from this store that has a Horrible customer service.

2017-06-29

They'll go out of their way for your satisfaction!!

"I had a small issue with my order and they went out of their way to make sure that I was satisfied with my purchase. I highly recommend this company to anyone seeking fast shipping, wonderful customer service, and a good deal!! "

2017-06-19

Great customer service

"Wouldn't get tires and wheels anywhere else. The customer service agents are very knowledgeable and are willing to listen to you. I recommend discount tire direct to anyone who is looking for great service and quality tires and wheels. "

2017-05-25

Not the same

"Discount tire is not the awesome business we once new. Now my last three sets of tires gave all come shirt of the mileage rating by half or less. The manager says he will give me $50 off if I buy new ones but will not give me a new set per the mileage warranty. I'M DONE I'M GETTING MY TIRES ELSEWHERE!!!"

2017-03-26

Mark Bilbrey

" My fiancé and I went to Discount Tire to purchase four tires they had to special order them and we were given quite a few runarounds . When the tires finally arrived we went to the store and dealt with Mark he was not only professional but sympathetic towards the situation .We had done business with discount tire on several occasions when we first went there we were upset but we left happy and will definitely go back again .Tkank you Mark for taking the time and the understanding of the whole situation as this company is very lucky to have you represent them .Sammy Cousin"

2017-03-25

Very Ignorant Supervisor

"Local tire shop removed my wheel and shows me damage to tire and rim is bent. I called and spoke to Wayne/supervisor to explain reason why tire needs replaced. He tells me to ship defect tire back for them to inspect or pay $21 for additional coverage for replacement tire. Wayne tries to twist my arm to force me to pay for coverage. After being on the phone 5 mins going back and forth I get tired he won't barge. I discontinue the call coz I was too tired going back and forth. Ripoffs!!! Don't purchase from them. They promise and do not deliver."

2017-03-24

I NEVER FEEL COMPELLED TO WRITE REVIEWS, BUT....

"I am so impressed by the customer service, price, and fast shipping of this company! They literally beat the brick and mortar stores by $70 a piece for my high end tires! I slashed my tire and was in a bind...but didn't want go get overcharged so I took a chance and ordered online. My online chat representative, beat tirerack.coms price, and I ordered my tires Wednesday late afternoon, and they were at my house by Friday at 1:30 pm with free shipping! I will be using them again, and recommending them to everyone!"

2017-03-24

Excellent customer service

"I have ordered two times from this site with great prices, free shipping, and a rebate each time. Izzy was above the rest in customer service. Thanks!"

Share Discount Tire Direct's store rating

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Discount Tire Direct is not a merchant member
Discount Tire Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!