Product & services pricing 5.00/10
Shipping & packaging: 3.75/10
2018-09-04

I don’t recommend this store

"I purchased 2 leotards for $7.77 each. The total they charged my card was $28. Someone explain to me how shipping costs $11 for two tiny children’s sized leotards? The sale associate that I talked to online was completely rude and made it seem like everything was my fault, “I’m sorry about the confusion on your end”. I wasn’t even being rude to her, I was asking why it was so expensive. Whatever. I won’t be shopping from this store again. "

2018-08-25

The slowest most expensive shipping

"Seriously wish I would have spent a couple of bucks more on shoes and ordered from Amazon. Horrible, slow shipping"

2018-07-09

Never again.... Mislead on extra shipping costs

"They will be out of business in 1 year. Paid $36.15 for 2-3 day shipping. Took 4 days. These small companies wonder why Amazon is eating their lunch!! "

2018-06-24

Color Not Even Close

"I ordered some kick pants for my daughter from Discount Dance Supply via Amazon. Strangely, there is no way to leave a review for the product, so I’m leaving one here. The product page shows a bunch of photos and there are plenty of colors to choose from, but there is no way to know which color is which when you are ordering. I ordered turquoise and I guess now that maybe I needed teal. But if you click on a color, it does not show you a matching picture so you’re just guessing. And I guessed wrong. Not worth returning them. Sent them a message about changing their product page and showing labeled photos of each color. Maybe they will fix it. If not, good luck. "

2018-06-09

Borders on Fraud

"An order never arrived. They sent me on a detective mission around the neighborhood and the post office to locate my order. "

2018-02-22

Unethical Return Policy

"I purchased two leotards for my 10 year old. She tried them on and one did not fit, so we returned it immediately. I checkcked the status two weeks later and was advised the leotard was received on 1/28/18 and would take two weeks to process. Afternot hearing anything further or seeing a refund, I called today. They informed the item could not be trueness because it had a spot on the crotch area and the item was returned 2/7/18. I was completely floored and degraded. They offered a discount but I declined be because they have lost my business. "

2017-12-11

Disgusting! Beware!

"I ordered the first day of October saying my item was in stock. To end yo getting emails sayid. 2-4 weeks I said ok. Then again another email stating another 2-4 weeks and then another. They told me it would be in on time for my daughters nutcracker. They lied and ruined her experience! Now we have no ballet slippers. "

2017-11-20

Full of excuses.

"Only 3 weeks to get the wrong size. Like most companies they will over promise and under deliver. They offered to send correct size for Saturday delivery. I accepted the offer. Today is Monday I still have no shoes for daughter who just performed two dance with dead pointe shoes. Her feet hurt. Thanks Discount Dance. "

2017-10-18

Never again

"I placed an order for a leotard. Ten days later, still haven't received and no notice from company. I sat on hold for 15 minutes with customer service to hear it's not in stock! I told them it would have been nice to have been notified of that so I could order elsewhere! I cancelled my order hoping I receive my credit! Found a better leotard for half the price and free shipping on Amazon which I will receive this weekend! I won't order from this company ever again!"

2017-10-13

Sadly never purchasing again.

"I ordered Saturday, paid for rush processing and expedited shipping to get my items delivered by Friday for a flying trapeze show Sunday. Online my order was shown as still processing on Wednesday so I called the customer service number and it just rang and rang. Same thing happened on Thursday. I finally get the message to wait on hold on Friday and it said 13 people were in line ahead of me and that it would be 10 minutes. I waited. Over 24 minutes later someone finally answered and told me that there was a problem in the warehouse a few months back with inventory not matching up correctly in their system. So they said they would ship some of the items I needed overnight which meant I would not have gotten them because they wouldn’t do a UPS Saturday delivery. I would have only received half the items I ordered for my costume and they wouldn’t have shown up in time anyway. Sadly this isn’t what I would expect from one of the largest online retailers of dancewear. For now on I will order from dancewearsolutions instead of discount. "

2017-10-02

Not Reliable

"I am a teacher who placed an order over $2000 on September 7th for all IN STOCK items and I have yet to receive my items. I have contacted customer service 4 times via email and all I was told is that it is their busy season. After 3 weeks I called and spent 34 mins on hold until I could speak to someone. At this point I was told that 1/2 of my items were on back order and they don't have an estimated time in which they would arrive. The items that were in stock showed a request to to sent out separately over 2 weeks ago but" it must of not gone through". They told me "fingers crossed" they would arrive before December, all of this because they had a "glitch" in their system. I was told its not every order, just 3,000 orders that were accepted in a certain time period. I have been a loyal DDS customer for over 12 years and I could not be more disappointed with the lack of accountability, customer service, shipping, and the entire management of this situation! "

2017-09-07

Great Shop for discounted dance necessities

"Not sure why all the negative reviews.I've had nothing but positive experiences with Discount Dance.Always deluever on time and always has things I need in stock and if they don't,they let you know during checkout if your order is in stock or when it'll be in stock again "

2017-08-29

Processing order and shipping order

"I ordered in plenty of time for my daughter to start tap. I wait the max amount of time thinking the stuff will get here. Well I just called after 14
Mins on hold to get someone and he tells me they had a "glitch" in their system and my order was placed around that time he had to check what was going on with it with the "warehouse", 12 more mins he comes back and tells me that he thinks they will get it out tomorrow but there is no Guarantee. Ummm what ?! I paid you $90 and you should send my items. Tomorrow I will be filing for my money back from my credit card company..
horrible place with no responsibility

2017-08-11

Never again

"I ordered two leotards and they said they were in stock on the page, while I got an email AFTER I already paid and ordered them that one item wasn't in stock but I was still charged the same amount for shipping. They even didn't give me a chance to edit my order or cancel it because they didn't have what i wanted. Horrible! Never again!"

2017-04-28

First time Dance mom

"I am a first time dance mom and I ordered the whole outfit setup for two of my girls. I ordered their ballet slippers as instructed on the website (which they NOW tell me that they don't honor what the "vendor" puts on their site) so I ordered one size smaller than her street shoe. I could barely get them on her. So I called to find out where I go to print a return label, as I was ordering based off of their recommendation. She tells me, "Yeaaaaa we don't cover shipping..." I am like seriously?! The slippers were $12.95. It will cost that much to send them back! She said, "Yeaaaaaaa it is your cost, not ours." I have never dealt with an online company that didn't cover a return shipping label in case of a return!!!! I am done with discount dance, just as quickly as I started. The items that I ordered were cute, and since my girls are young, their classmates will be too, meaning they may want to know where I purchased the items. I will tell them to NEVER purchase from discount dance. "

Share Discount Dance Supply's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!