8:30am - 4:30pm Mon-Fri
    949-305-6600
    949-203-8715
    customersupport@dealtree.com

2016-12-06

DealTree is a SCAM!!! (Trade-In)

"First of all Dealtree is operated by BestBuy to sell used or open items through their Cowboom, but also offers a trade-in of your items for a set value. This complain is regarding the trade-in transaction with the Dealtree.

In November, 2016, I decided to trade-in two video games to Dealtree for $40 each (total $80). The value set/agreed by Dealtree is valid for 14 days and the trade-in items must be delivered to their location in a package using pre-paid postage within that time period.

Soon thereafter, I mailed the package and confirmed by tracking number that the package was delivered 7 days later. I waited two days and log on to the Dealtree website and saw that the status of the items were still listed as "waiting to receive." Also noticed that the trade-in value now offered to a customer wishing to trade-in was raging between $15 - $18 for each game.

After waiting a week, with no status update, I emailed and inquired with the Dealtree representative about the trade-in status. The rep confirmed the products were received on time and she will make sure it gets processed within 5-7 days.

However, a day later, I received another email from the Dealtree confirming the receipt of the trade-in items, but now indicating that the package was not received in-time and the prior quoted value had expired, and that the newly assigned value will be $15 each ($30 total) for the trade-in.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Dealtree decided to wait after 14 day period had expired to disqualifying me of the original trade-in value and arbitrarily assign a new received date and a lower trade-in value.

I wonder if it was other way around, would the Dealtree been ethical enough to honor the higher trade-in value. I highly doubt it.

2015-11-02

"They use freight companies that never set up delivery with you. They call once, tell you they will call back and then attempt to charge you additional delivery charges for waiting? Hardly fair. I will shop else where in the future."

2015-07-23

"Placed a bid by accident and contacted customer service right after they responded with a generic answer from the FAQS. Then they never responded to me again had to dispute the charge with my bank, and they still shipped it. They have the worst customer service!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM"

2014-04-25

"I'm very pleased with my transaction. Communication was very timely. My item was shipped within 24 hours. And I think I got a reasonably good deal, especially considering the convenience. "

2014-01-27

"Excellant price shipping experience on website"

2013-06-27

"Overall it is ok. But I felt very bad with your shipping options.

1. Your shipping charges are very high which compare to other market places. It look like you are seeking some profit margins in shipping also.

2. There is no option to choose our own shipping methods.

2013-03-20

"Product was damaged, remote was missing, couldnt tell that it was damaged until it was plugged in. I drove 6 hrs round trip to get it, and now all I'll get is a refund for the purchase price after they receive the broken TV back. So I'm out my time, my gas, and my money for several days, they will not ship a replacement TV to me as I believe they should. "

2012-05-18

"Live and learn I guess... I bought a 3 pallet auction from these guys and the valuable items were missing. A mistake I thought they would resolve...... read their terms of service.
You may or may not get any of the items.
I am out 3k
beware of this scummy company.

2011-12-05

"This seller consistently has good communication, packs items well to prevent damage, ships quickly and is always quick to answer questions."

2011-11-16

"iPhone was supposed to be "New, in the box".
It was not, it was used. The camera does not work, either.

They gave me an RMA, but then refused to honor it.

Blatant misrepresentation. They get a big fat ZERO from me. Spend your money elsewhere, like the manufacturers re-furb site.

2011-10-17

"Dealtree is amazing, they have awesome products and cannot be beat. Ever since I started using it, i've officially become addicted."

2011-03-24

"TERRIBLE Policies - hidden terms and conditions. Won't fix any problems with quality or even missing items. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

THEY ALSO RUN Techliquidators.com

Helpful (2) Cool

2011-02-16

"To whom it may concern:

First: It took seven days for order fulfillment. 7 days to generate a shipping label and stick the label on a box! Yes, DFW had a snow storm but seven days, really................

Second: Cowboom emailed a discount coupon for my next $50+ purchase due to the storm. This offer can be described as weak at best. How about upgrading the shipping to offset the unacceptable delay????

Third: My DCC-1200 was delivered by UPS (2/11/2011 @13:09). This item is REFURBISHED with a 90 day warranty. The Cowboom web page and my invoice both listed the DCC-1200 as NEW with a three year Warranty. Additionally, the GOLD TONE Filter was not included, the lip of the carafe is BROKEN, the hinge for the top lid is BROKEN and a rubber foot is missing from the bottom of the unit.

Please excuse my poor use of the English language but WTF!

This one transaction includes Internet Fraud, False Advertising and Incompetence. Cowboom/BBY/Dealtree have many problems which are becoming common knowledge. Whether you review Ebay Feedback or Google search results for Cowboom, the evidence is there for everyone to see.

In the pre-Internet days a single complaint letter was said to represent 1,000 customers. Today it is estimated to represent 10,000 dissatisfied customers.

I will be adding my voice to all the other dissatisfied people. Including the appropriate Federal agencies concerned with Internet Fraud and False Advertising. Oh and each analyst covering BBY will hear my story.

Helpful (1) Cool

2011-02-10

"This place fucking sucks, I bought something on a monday, and got it a week later, Bullshit "

Helpful (1) Cool

2011-02-08

"Dealtree has provided a good service, dispite being hampered by wild weather in Texas that delayed their operations for a few days. The only problem I experienced was a discrepancy of $0.48 that appeared from the time that the auction closed, when I immediately paid the full amount on the screen and the time the invoice was received. A system generated email was sent threatening to cancel the whole deal if this pitance was not paid. Fortunately, a call to their customer service center cleared up the problem. Their humans are so much more reasonable and infinately nicer than their automated computer messages. "

Share Dealtree Inc.'s store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!