Stores > Danish Design Store

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Danish Design Store by clicking a star below.
2017-11-08

Terrible customer service

"Spoke to Lauren. If you speak to her, avoid her at all costs!
The item I received looked very different from the photo on their website. I ordered a couple of cool looking mugs which were photographed to look like they have an interesting design, but when received were very plain and disappointing. They charge a 20% restocking fee and I have to pay my shipping to send it back!!! But the time I get a refund, I’ll have lost 50% of my money!!! Totally not worth it!
Go with a company with good customer service and people who are helpful in finding products you are satisfied with!

2017-10-25

Great Experience

"Ordered a number of cabinets and some hooks from Danish Design Store a few weeks ago. Only after submitting my order I checked the reviews and a number of less-than-excellent reviews got me worried about my large order ($1000+)... My experience with Danish Design Store was excellent and I thought it was important to drop a quick note here.

I emailed them immediately inquiring about the order and when can I expect the goods to arrive. They were super responsive, explained the process and timeline. Note that since the furniture is coming from Denmark, it will take about 6 weeks for larger goods to arrive (I was aware of that since it was clearly indicated on their website when I was ordering). They decided to break my order into accessories (hooks, etc) and furniture items (cabinets). I got my hooks in about 1-2 weeks and cabinets in just over 4 weeks, thus exceeding the original timeline. Scheduling the delivery was smooth and everything arrived in perfect condition. Nothing to complain about my experience and we're loving our new furniture.

2017-07-23

Avoid ordering large items

"As long as you stick to ordering small items, everything works. Forget about ordering larger furniture like a bookshelf, though. The odds of getting what you want in good shape and on time are slim.

After two badly damaged packages, 21 weeks of waiting without tracking numbers and clear communication, shipments even getting lost, etc. I never got my shelf.

Danish Design Shop is clearly not equipped for dealing with larger deliveries and should stick to small items.

2017-07-12

Horrible delivery nightmare experience

"Ordered five outdoor dining chairs. Still dealing with trying to schedule delivery after waiting over a month - my chairs seem to have disappeared in transit into no-man's land. I have been on hold multiple times with the delivery companies (two shippers were involved). Apparently the final shipper didn't have a phone number to call to schedule delivery so my chairs have sat for weeks until I looked into this. If ordering outdoor furniture, stick with a well-known company like Room & Board, Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn who offers solid, dependable delivery. Buyer beware if you are purchasing large items that need to be shipped by a transit company.

2017-06-23

Unique gifts

" Great customer service..If you have any questions or any problems they will take very good care of you. I had a few questions and emailed them, Connie got back to me within 24 hours."

2017-05-29

Great product

"They had a felt basket that was out of stock everywhere else. They had it at the same price and delivered it on time. It is beautiful and holds our throws in our living room."

2017-05-28

Took a month and a half after returning item and four phone calls to get a refund

"I had never ordered from Danish Design Store before when I ordered a dinner plate to replace a broken one in my set.
I promptly received the plate I ordered and realized I had ordered the wrong size. I was sent instructions as to how to return the item and was told that I would have to create a new order to get the correct-sized plate.
I thought it best to return it and get a refund before placing a new order, since I would not be able to simply exchange the plate for the correct size.
I packaged the plate and followed the instructions for return, mailing the box from a local U.S. Post Office on 04/11/17. USPS tracking showed the item was delivered on 04/13/17.
Towards the end of the month of April, I called Danish Design and was told that I would be refunded before the end of the month.
The end of April came and went. I called and spoke with Gabrielle on 05/18/17, and was told that she would see to it that a refund was made. I spoke with her, again, on 05/23/17 and was told the same. On 05/26/17, I spoke with Lindsay. Later that day, a refund was finally made minus the 20% restocking fee.
I am disappointed that it took a month and a half to receive a refund when I followed the instructions. That and having to make four phone calls before getting the refund seems excessive. And it's not as if Danish Design tried to make up for any of that by reducing the restocking fee.
Considering that a number of other dealers carry this pattern and other items I like, I don't see any reason to do business with Danish Design ever again.

2017-05-24

No communication. Avoid them

"Order placed 2 months ago, no follow-up, no news about expected delivery and after calling them to inquire why after almost 2 months i didn't receive my order, they tell me if is coming to their warehouse in MAYBE 2-3 weeks... No news yet. A real disaster in terms of customer's experience."

2017-05-20

Where's my order?

"So far, terrible - I never received my order nor have I heard anything back from you updating me about when my order is shipping. Plus I paid in full up front."

2017-05-18

Item not arrived yet

"Hi. We have not received the item. Can you please let us know when it will arrive "

2017-05-12

Very bad experience

"My credit card got charged even though store could not fulfill my order. Required a number of email to get refunded (over three separate transactions). Because this was a foreign transaction, I still ended up being refunded over $10 less than my card was initially charged."

2017-05-11

Dissatisfied

"Delivery time is too long. Some items were backordered. And they charge 20% of restocking fee upon return. Won't order again"

2017-05-07

Never received my items and my order was canceled without notice.

"I received an email letting me know my order was canceled and that I would be getting refunded. I just wanted my boxes and still haven't been able to find some."

2017-04-30

Wonderful service!

"Danish Design Store is where I shop for any special items I need for my home. I recently purchased some lamps, one of which had a small issue, upon contacting customer service I was immediately taken care of. The staff are quick to respond and very efficient. They contacted the manufacturer and had a new one to me in two weeks. It's nice to know that there are still companies that care about efficiently taking care of consumers. Thanks Danish Design Store, you have a customer for life!"

2017-04-28

We didn't purchase anything

"The worst experience ever. No one answered and we didn't receive anything after 6 months."

Share Danish Design Store's store rating

Danish Design Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Danish Design Store is not a merchant member
Danish Design Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!