Product & services pricing 1.67/10
Customer service: 0.63/10
Return/Replacement policy: 0.63/10
2018-08-17

False advertising

"I ordered a pair of mules for in store pick up at old orchard mall and it clearly stated during check out that it should be ready within 4 hours. I chose in store pick up because I needed the shoes for an event that same night. If I would of known that I was going to ah e these issues I would have ordered in store pick up from Macys. After 4 hours I called the store. a lady on the phone said and I quote “ even though it’s been 4 hours or actaully can take up to 24 hours.” On top of that I when I finally received the email for pick the NEXT day, the shoes were in a half destroyed box and it looked like they gave me the display shoes. The shoes were clearly worn multiple times. I called and email DSW customer service and have yet to receive a response. "

2018-07-22

RIPOFF Alert!

"Apparently if you pay with Paypal when ordering online - DSW will not exchange your shoes even though they had my money and we only wanted a different size. I called customer service and the first rep I spoke with could not clearly articulate a reason for this. So I asked for a supervisor who might explain it. What i got was a very fast speaking man from india with a very thick accent which made him unintelligible (and i have worked closely with indian nationals for years and traveled to india several times!). The end result was that they would only refund the amount of the shoe (less shipping - now 33% the cost of the shoe) even though shipping was supposedly FREE when I purchased it!!!"

2018-06-06

DSW horrible inhouse and online

"SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed with this store!! Not only is their online services difficult the coupons and “promotions” are horrible to existing customers… I rarely order shoes but when I do I usually go into a DSW store because online is so horrible, unfortunately the location I went too was extremely unhelpful and I had no choice but to order online. Once I ordered my shoes and also placed my “free cooler” in the promotion code spot I was excited to receive my shoes and bag. WEEKS later I received my shoes ONLY not the bag because only using the code didn’t work… if I would have had someone helping me @ the store I would of received both… now because the service was HORRIBLE and online even worst I didn’t receive a cooler or ANY type of compensation… so disappointing this company would have bad service both in store and online…. BYE DSW "

2018-05-16

DSW Online ****!

"I saw the same complaint that I have. They offer you a free tote as a VIP member and you order online and put the code in and see the free tote and once you order the free tote offer goes away. So you think maybe it is coming and then you get your shoes and "NO" free tote. You look on your account and don't see any mention of it coming or anything. So you call them and their recording actually said there was a "500" minute wait!!!!! At first you think it is a joke so you wait and sure enough you listen to their music and recording say one of their customer service representatives will gladly assist you momentarily. Define momentarily! Seriously are they nuts!

Also, if you try their online chat it just gives you a message that says how busy they are and try later and basically won't let you through.

If I could give minus stars I would. DSW obviously doesn't care about having repeat customers and does not listen to the complaints received because I have seen the same problem posted on here. Have they never heard of customer service!!!! I would rather pay twice as much for the same pair of shoes then to be put through this BS! Shame on you DSW!!!!! Take the money and run is what you do with your customers! I guesss you can offer all kinds of VIP benefits as it appears you don't honor them anyway!

2018-05-14

Very slow shipping, Poor customer servce

"I ordered a pair of shoes online, it took DSW 4 days to begin the process of shipping the items to me, and then told me it would take an additional 4-7 days for the product to arrive.

When I called their customer service line, the minimum wait time was over two hours.

2018-05-14

the absolute worst

"i received a promo card in the mail telling me my status was upgraded to vip and that they had a promotion beginning 5/3/18 for a weekender tote. honestly, i don't generally go for the promo items, but i liked the tote and ordered online on 5/4/18. when going on the site, the first thing you see is the tote and the code to use. i purchased some shoes i didn't need, but i could use and put in the code. i noticed that my order was completed with no mention of the tote. fine. i figure they must know something i don't and it's automated. i finally get my shoes and no tote. i called customer service and it told me they had a 388 minute wait time! yes, you read that right? who would even admit to such a thing?! i sent an email inquiry, but i have no hope that it will be looked at. i have called a couple of times and waited forever on hold. i finally called their corporate headquarters and they have an automated response and when you dial in the name of the ceo, roger rawlins or the cmo, debroah ferree, they are not listed! i finally got a receptionist on the line after many callbacks and they would not give me anyone's email address, but transferred me to an assistant where i had to leave a message, for both of them (it took 5 call backs before i got through again). these people are on the run because they are into bait and switch and they don't care one thing about the consumer. i'd rather go to zappos or amazon to get shoes than to ever be treated like this. outrageous! you have lost a customer, dsw."

2018-05-05

Customer Service

"Employee Kathleen at store 29449 is an excellent employee. Kathleen helped with toddlers measurements for shoes, she went above and beyond to help with a smile and genuinely loved helping. I Think it is important to let you know you have a gem , a rear commodity in this current time. I will be buying all of my shoes and recommending DSW to friends. "

2018-04-27

WORST SERVICE EVER

"I recently placed an order that the website said was available for pickup in 4 hours at a DSW location. I called the store after not hearing or receiving any email after 6 hours and they informed me that they do not have the shoe in stock and it was scheduled to arrive in a week. I asked them to cancel the order and transfer it to a store that had the pair of shoes I was looking for. I did not receive any email from them that my order was cancelled and the website did not reflect that as well. I tried contacting customer service via their online portal which did not work.I sent an email and did not get any response from the customer service. Next, I proceeded to call customer service. After waiting on hold for 10 minutes, the automated service told me that the wait was 72 minutes and I would receive a call back. After 2 hours a got a call back and was informed that they did not have the shoes in any location and they were not accommodating at all.They wouldn't offer expedited shipping or anything in fact for my troubles. Additionally, I used a gift card to pay and was informed that it will take 3-5 days for the credit to go back on the card. Also, I had an account credit that was used in the purchase and was assured that it would go back on to my account which it was not. Now, I have to try to speak to customer service again which the phone wait is over 2 hours and have to use more money to try to make my purchase because of the gift card issue. IT IS MY RECOMMENDATION TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM DSW AND USE AMAZON OR A COMPANY LIKE ZAPPOS INSTEAD. IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TROUBLE DEALING WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS OVER 400 LOCATIONS WORLDWIDE AND CANT GET THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE TOGETHER. STAY FAR AWAY FROM DSW."

2018-04-22

Terrible Shipping

"I ordered my shoes April 13th and DSW hasn't even given the shoes to FedEx and It's the 22nd as I'm writing this. The shoes have been sitting somewhere for 10 days without moving whatsoever."

2018-04-19

Hope you are not expecting great service on any level when ordering online from this company

"So I usually go to the local DSW but decided my time was limited and I would place an order online and use some rewards points. After finding my way to the pair of shoes I wanted I added them to the basket and proceeded to checkout. What a disaster as i tried to use the $20.00 Off coupon mailed to me. Tried five times to use it, reset my account etc all to not work.
Ofcourse the coupon ended that day, so I figured it was just a scam to get you to pay full price or something else. I waited a day and miraculously was able to place the order so that was a bonus! After four days I still had received a notice about my order or if it had shipped. I did receive a confirmation of order received so not al was lost. On the fifth day I actually got through to a customer service rep after waiting about 20 minutes. I was then put on hold several times before the rep came back to the line and told me the order was supposedly picked and was on its way, but not sure about a tracking number. I argued with this rep for awhile before it became clear DSW has no system in place for order management. The orders online are sent out to stores all over the country so they have no centralized shipping system. Then the orders are filled by associates and sent out, but, there is no notification sent to the customers. In todays age of computers and shipping information systems I find it almost impossible to believe this is how DSW does business. I should have went to Amazon as I would have had them already a few days by now instead of waiting.

2018-03-21

HAVE SHOES FOR OVER A WEEK AND THEY ARE STILL MESSING WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT

"This is a Joke!!!!!! Ordered online on 3/2 and was charged. Picked up shoes from store on 3/14 and have had them every since.

Since 3/2, they have charged us, few days later returned the money and then wait a few days to charge us again!!! Today is 3/21, 8 days after physically picking them up and have a NEW PENDING CHARGE!!! What the hell?!?!?!

Customer Wait time is a joke, been on hold for over an hour and still have not spoken to anyone. I will NEVER shop them again.

CLEARLY WE HAVE PAID AND THEY RECEIVED THE MONEY FOR US TO HAVE THEM. FOR ANYONE THAT WORKS AROUND A BUDGET, GOOD LUCK TRACKING THIS **** AS IT HAS BEEN A MESS COMBING THROUGH BANK STATEMENTS CONSTANTLY FOR THE PAST MONTH TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY AND WHERE EVERYTHING IS GOING OUT OF WACK FROM!!!

2018-03-20

Customer Service

"Two years ago DSW lost my rewards membership. The problem was not resolved for two years. Then IT issues began with signing in. When attempting to phone or live chat with DSW the time frame begins in excess of one hour, unacceptable! I wrote to them when an item was not included in my shipment. The response was days later with a too bad sentiment. Customers, or "Shoe Lovers" mean nothing to DSW.
This company has the worst continual customer service of any retailer in the USA!

2017-09-01

Worst customer service expirience

"37minutes on the phone with someone who not speak English, per my waisting time nothing been completed.
During "conversation" my pick shoes was gone. I asked for supervisor and been adviced nobody is available for me. Droped the conversation and ordered online. None of my previous rewards been apply to my acct.

2017-04-25

The worst experience

"I never gonna buy shoes here again"

2017-03-23

Worst experience

"I ordered a pair of shoes, unfortunately they shipped me a defective pair. I returned it by shipping it back and asked for an exchange. Unfortunately they re-shipped me the exact defective pair. To top it off they charged my card twice and sent 2 orders instead of one! Horrible!"

Share DSW's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!