Stores > DSW
  • DSW

Voice your opinion! Review DSW by clicking a star below.

Worst customer service expirience

"37minutes on the phone with someone who not speak English, per my waisting time nothing been completed.
During "conversation" my pick shoes was gone. I asked for supervisor and been adviced nobody is available for me. Droped the conversation and ordered online. None of my previous rewards been apply to my acct.

The worst experience

"I never gonna buy shoes here again"

Worst experience

"I ordered a pair of shoes, unfortunately they shipped me a defective pair. I returned it by shipping it back and asked for an exchange. Unfortunately they re-shipped me the exact defective pair. To top it off they charged my card twice and sent 2 orders instead of one! Horrible!"

DSW- in store pick up orders

"Was placing my order for my daughters items for the first day of school. Decided to do in store pick up since they had been advertising quite a bit. Little did I know that they treat those orders as if you placed them on hold. They will send you emails to say pick up ready with the date in which you need to pick it up by and the next things you know in a day or two send you a oops we no longer have your item! I have never experienced anything like this! I purchased the items online assuming they were mine, never thinking if I don't get there as soon as they send me that email they will sell my order off. I highly recommend to everyone to NEVER use this as you will not get your things. Now my HS daughter will not have your shoes and other items to start the first day of school off right. DSW, I have no idea what you were thinking but this is not how you keep a customer!"

"I just ordered a pair of shoes from DSW, I have to say the web and the service is not impressive!!! Firstly the website mislead advertise the shoes by pricing, eg: the price you see is not what you will get when you check out, as the listing price is not tax inclusive, they use the pricing exclusive tax to attract customers by comparing the other website???!!!! cheating and misleading. which I think Federal trade commission should investigate this!!!
secondly, I purchased from overseas, on website they clearly list it's free shipping, however at the end the shoes have to send to another company, which request extra fee for setting up account with that company. and shipping fee from their partner is extra on the customers!!!
Last but not least, customer service is really poor!!!

The shoes hasn't been sent out yet! I am expecting everything is okay so that I can finish this horrible shopping experience! I read other people experience, I feel terrified. Figures cross, I will keep this updated.

"I always have great shopping experiences in store. Unfortunately I have tried calling customer service many times and after hours & many days wasted I was finally able to speak to someone. On a brighter note, if you ever left your $10 reward certificate expire, they do offer a one replacement of it :)"

"Do NOT order from DSW online. They are scammers with terrible customer service!
I have TWICE ordered a pair of Etienne Aigner riding boots and both times I was sent a color combination of the same style boot that was NOT EVEN PICTURED ON THE WEBSITE and not at all similar to the color I ordered. After the first order I called customer service several times, being put on hold for 20 minutes at a time (HOURS in total), I was told my item was "sold out" and all they could do for me was tell me to return or refund $50 off my order.
Finally a rep told me she located my size and color combination and would send the order immediately, only to be sent the SAME wrong color AND wrong size!
They are completely unconcerned by the fact that they sold an item entirely different than what was shown on their own website, and their customer service is completely unconcerned about a wholly unsatisfying customer experience. Excuse me for expecting to get the item I paid for!

"I can't believe DSW received so many negative reviews on here. Rarely am I a satisfied customer, however with DSW I am never disappointed. I typically order my boots/shoes online, and the shipping is always fast. I also enjoy being a DSW rewards member, no other store offers as great rewards as DSW does. I get free shipping with DSW because I'm a rewards member, and also on holidays and other special events DSW alwaysss has a great deal. Lastly, what really earns this store five stars is their customer service. My sister wanted a pair of boots that they didn't have so she contacted a representative and the person got her the boots- but not old did she get the boots for her but she made sure they were sent to our DSW home store! I thought that was pretty awesome. Anyway, I was extremely disappointed with all the negative reviews, maybe you all had one bad experience and decided to vent on here."

"Terrible slow shipping. We placed an order Thursday night and the package got in Fedex hand Monday night. All mortar and brick stores that sell online think that have the right to be very slow on shipping compared with online only stores. Wrong!! Avoid this store and try online competition that ship quick and you get what you paid for in 2-3 days not weeks. "

"I bought the Ralph Lauren sandals last month.and they sent me the shoes without insole, its looking like its the defective shoes from the factory without insole with logo. i spent 450$ for the shoes and 50$ for the delivery to Australia. it was my birthday present. nice isnt it?"

"A customer service is terrible. They have absolutely no ability to solve problems and help customers. I won’t shop at this store again."

"Ordered a pair of shoes (size 6.5M) and received wrong size (6.5C). Yes I can make a return in the store, but it was just a waste of time."

"First ordered a pair of shoes, shipped out quick and got them within 5 days. My 2nd order, they didn't ship for several days, but they shipped with Fedex 2day air, so I still got them within 5 days.

Easy returns through the DSW store, but both pairs fit fine.

"Only place that has stray dog shoes. Order shipped same day. "

"I was desperately looking for bridal shoes. After failing to find anything a friend told me DSW had a decent selection online. I used to love shopping at DSW prior to my move so was thrilled to look. I found the perfect pair & ordered them; I was so happy that I'd be able to get them days before my final fitting. The shoes came & it was the wrong shoe. I was told by customer service that this happens & sometimes you don't know what you'll get when you order. Uhm, really?!?! Not only were the shoes a different item # & UPC # but also cheaper (yet I was billed for the more expensive shoe). After the "managers got out of a meeting" they called & promised me my shoes would be there on a Tuesday. Tuesday came & no shipping notice. I called & they "can't find my shoes" & are "sorry that they promised me" that I'd get them. What kind of banged up shop is this place?! That's a pitiful excuse for customer service."

Share DSW's store rating

DSW is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DSW is not a merchant member
DSW does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!