Stores > CoolStuffInc

877-274-6752

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review CoolStuffInc by clicking a star below.
2017-11-14

Lot's of misdirected hate here. CSI is a phenomenal merchant!

"I really don't understand the bad reviews here. CSI is HIGHLY regarded in the board game community as one of the top-tier merchants. Their prices are frequently the lowest available on the Internet (even beating Amazon). I've placed almost 20 orders with them over the years, and every single delivery has been quick and accurate - no missing or damaged items. I've not had to deal with customer service myself, but I've heard good things.

A lot of people get upset about the pre-order policy - if your order contains a pre-order item, nothing in the order ships until the pre-order items are available. This is clearly spelled out when you place the order (you even have to tick a box acknowledging that you understand), but some people still seem to ignore it and get upset. I don't think this is an unfair policy. But if you don't like it, pre-order somewhere else.

CSI is a phenomenal merchant. Many of the reviews here look like they're for a different company altogether.

2017-10-14

TERRIBLE

"Never received my item, coming up to almost at least 6 months that I ordered it for my nieces birthday I May. Sent several emails, never received a response. The last email I sent , get the following response:“Recipient address: support@globalcoolstuff.com
Reason: unable to deliver this message after 2 days” Undeliverable REALLY”

2017-10-13

Horrendous experience. Never again.

"I don't know where to begin. So, the shipping takes forever, and in my case they not only took forever but they sent it to the wrong address. When I emailed them to tell them the shipping label showed it never shipping they told me to contact FedEx... FedEx can't help when they never picked up the package!!! Then they finally found out they shipped it to my friend (an address I had on file 2 states away). I asked them to either ship the package or refund me. They offered to refund the shipping from AZ to CO WITH A GIFT CERTIFICATE. Why would I inconvenience my friend, wait longer for my package and still want to give this company my money. Terrible. Never again. If you want your package some time this century don't bother with Coolstuffinc. "

2017-10-04

Great customer service and sale prices

" I appreciate that they called to verify my purchase because the billing & shipping address we're different. That means they're watching out for thier customers. The interaction with them was professional & pleasant. The item arrived in a timely manner & in great condition. They regularly have sales on par with Amazon.

I'd made an attempted purchased on board game geek.com prior to shopping here. My experience with that seller insured that I will never do business on that site again. Maybe my appreciation of this site stems from how horrible that experience was. Coolstuffinc, thank you for making things easy and thank you for treating me like a valued customer. You have earned my future business.

Also to be clear, I didn't try to trade anything in. I just bought a game. I do see that thier trade in rate is only 25%, if someone is looking to get a better rate check if you have a local board gaming convention that does board game flea markets or even the market on Facebook. Good luck & happy gaming.

2017-09-25

Misrepresented product

"I ordered the NEW edition of a board game, they sent me a copy of the first edition. There are two editions of this game, new should mean second edition. They refuse to reimburse me for return shipping, even with store credit. I will not be doing business with them again as there are other retailers with better customer service."

2017-09-13

Speedy shipping even during a hurricane.

"I placed an order Monday, the day after hurricane Irma, and my order still shipped right on time. I honestly expected a week delay on shipping, but they haven't missed a beat since the hurricane. I'm very impressed. Glad you all weathered the storm so well."

2017-09-06

Great until you have an issue

"For some reason my most recent package was handed off to USPS from FedEx. USPS made a mistake and in the end I had to pay an attentional 11.90 in shipping. CSI was totally dismissive of my case and instead of giving me 12 they ignored me. I spent 1500.00 in less than a year... a penny wise a dollar dumb. Now I'll never deal with again. They're great unless you have an issue. At this point the damage is done and a simple credit won't fix the issue. "

2017-08-21

Fast and Paid in Full

"I've tried several services for selling trading cards now and this was the fastest and least hassle. The website doesn't differentiate between all the different rarities of the same cards, but in some cases that means higher payouts for the same card than other websites. Other websites are really picky about the state of the cards and will cut what they said they would pay. Cool Stuff paid me full price for cards that were just barely "Near Mint." There are very few bad reviews here, but they show up at the top for some reason. Look at the good reviews too!"

2017-08-20

Disappointment

"I have been a customer with them for a while, and over time they've gotten worse with customer service and shipping. Their customer service reps don't really seem to care about your issue. They sent me the wrong order after waiting over a week for it to ship some place that is less than an 8 hour drive away. Basically all they have to say is "sorry". Sure they fixed the problem by sending the correct order, (yet to receive it) but they have no sympathy short of a basic script to be read. Not to mention their rewards program really has no incentive. They may take a few cents off of your order, and it takes hundreds of dollars to "level up". I'll just go to Miniature Market, because CSI lost a customer who spent a lot of money with them. "

2017-06-14

poor

"held my Oder due to the fact that shipping address was different then billing address then tell me product wont be here for a week after"

2017-06-13

Did not deliver nor refund

"Did not deliver, refused to refund. No notification e-mail sent indicating the item was even ever sent. Got a gift certificate credit as a "one time courtesy" but informed that this is not their normal policy, claiming once it's sent it's out of their hands.

My complex has locked mailboxes so it couldn't have been stolen. Either it was never sent or USPS failed to deliver it... which has never happened to me before.

2017-06-01

Poor Ship Times

"Spent a good 80 bucks. Had to pay for shipping, and already that's a lot for a big purchase. Ordered product 5/24 and product has yet to come in 6/1. Tracking states its been in my city for 4 days, and is projected to arrive Monday 6/5. Ordered a similar amount of products from another site and received the order two days later. "

2017-05-04

Insecure link

"For the first time in all the years I've been buying online, CoolStuff expected me to send them my personal information, INCLUDING credit card number, expiration date, and security code over an unsecured link. What kind of company does this??? No sale here!"

2017-03-31

Not Trustworthy

"I bought about 20 MTG cards that were listed as NEAR MINT FOIL. About half of them were HEAVILY PLAYED or DAMAGED. Very disappointed. I wont be buying any more items from this untrustworthy source."

2017-01-19

Cool stuff for me!

"I have been shopping with these guys for far too long and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I am very near them final reward stage for customer loyalty and my only complaint might be they make their online shopping too easy. How dare they? Keep up the good work, I will keep coming back."

Share CoolStuffInc's store rating

CoolStuffInc is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CoolStuffInc is not a merchant member
CoolStuffInc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!