Stores > Controller Chaos

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.56/10 6.56/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.81/10 7.81/10
Voice your opinion! Review Controller Chaos by clicking a star below.
2018-01-14

Pax South

"I got a controller from these guys at their booth at Pax South! The quality is amazing! If your thinking about picking one up I would highly suggest it! "

2018-01-12

Long Time Buyer, Repeat Customer

"Long time buyer, first review. I personally haven't had anything significant to post about. No major problems, no surprises. Just figured this might help someone else make an informed decision. I will continue to buy my controllers from CC.

2018-01-11

I’ve never had an issue

"I've never had an issue with my controllers. It's well made and if anything does starts malfunctioning, they're ontop of it. Of course, if it's outside the warranty period there's cost associated with it. But a couple of bucks for a repair to make it basically a new controller? Deal.

2018-01-10

Perfect for COD

"I ordered the controller for Call of Duty and everything works perfect. Controller looks amazing!"

2017-12-30

Absolutely Trash

"Absolutely trash company, your money is better off spent elsewhere. I purchased a controller during Black Friday 2017, still spent ~$300 on it. Was very excited to have a custom controller with a rapid fire chip. The wait time on these is long, but that's understandable, they have to paint them and install the chips, and it's the holidays, it's expected, fine.

But when I received my controller, there were issues with the paint splatter. Layered too thick in some places, and just crusty and chipped in others, it was clear that this paint job was shoddy and would not last through much use. Okay, well I'll worry about that later, let's see how this rapid fire chip works...nothing. No LED indicators for the mods work, buttons aren't mapped correctly, the battery cover is yellow inside, which doesn't tell me "OEM Parts" like they claim...okay well I'll send it back for repairs. Kinda irked this is happening when I literally JUST got the product, but it happens.

Make a couple phone calls, arrange an RMA, take pictures, describe what's going on, etc. (I paid extra for shipping and insurance on the package because THEY DO NOT PROVIDE A RETURN SLIP)

Fast forward two weeks, I get my controller back.

After opening the box, out falls...a Taco Bell hot sauce packet. Okay, what? Whatever. Inspect the controller, the paint actually appears worse than it did originally, with some parts that were previously splotchy actually purposefully chipped off. I'm kinda tired of waiting for this thing, so screw it, I'll just use it as is. Go home, hook it up to my PC, open Steam and...it goes haywire. Starts randomly opening menus and selecting things by itself, no mods are on. Close Steam and attempt to configure mods by turning them off or on...LED's still do not work, so now I have no idea what's going on with the controller. It's in worse shape than when I originally received it. I paid $300 bucks for this? Definitely not worth the time, money, or energy.

2017-12-01

First and Last Time Buying from Controller Chaos

"I purchased a chrome purple controller for my friend's birthday present. The website clearly shows it as purple, but does state colors may vary SLIGHTLY. Well when I opened the box, the controller was A LOT more pink than purple. This was NOT a "slight" difference. In addition, the controller had scratches on the touch pad and a dent on the ps button. For a $100 custom controller, I expected something of higher quality. I contacted customer service, told them about my problem, and they offered to fix the controller. I did not want it fixed, as the color was nowhere nearly accurately represented on their website and I did not want a shiny, dark pink controller to give to my friend for his birthday. Customer service did say they would waive the 15% restock fee (umm, they better, as the item was damaged!), but denied my request of a paid return shipping label.

2017-11-07

Decorative Use only, Not a functioning Controller.

"Edit: Upon seeing my review the service manager gave me a call offering to stand behind their product and offer me a full refund.
I made a purchase from controller chaos as a gift for my SO, less than a week later I was given back the controller because the buttons were sticking, Controller chaos had me send it back for repairs. I received the repaired controller from them and happily gave it back to my SO who had for less than two days before again giving it back to me because different buttons were sticking. This time controller chaos was more resistant to repair and insisted I send a video of the buttons sticking. I did this and they accepted the controller back for more repairs. A few more weeks and the controller was returned to me "repaired" unfortunately not so, this one the left thumb stick up did not work. At this point I requested a refund as it was clear they were not interested in providing me with a working product. Due to the "custom" nature of the product they were only "allowed" to give me a partial refund. After never having received a fully functioning controller I was severely disappointed. Buyer Beware.

2017-11-02

Got what i expected.

"I absolutely LOVE my Custom Controller! I recieved it (the first time) in less than 2 weeks from the date i ordered it. I was absolutely blown away by what i saw. It went beyond my expectations. The reason for 4 stars, and not 5. Is because of the issue i had with it. They say they do a thorough test before shipping. Im calling shenanigans. Or the person/team who tested mine did a lowsy job. I personally dont think Sony intended for controllers to be modded the way try to. So i did leave room for disappointment that it wasnt gonna perform perfectly right away and i was CORRECT. But my problem should have been forseen/caught before it left the facility! The R2/Trigger sensitivity was way off. If you played a game like Call of Duty you wouldn't notice. But when you plugged in a racing game and tried to accelerate, my car would CRAWL, literally, 3MPH. How was this missed(?) I asked myself... Anywho, i simply contacted customer service, via phone. The fella who answered was VERY polite and helpful. We tried a few simple things, none of them worked. He admitted to the companies mistake and emailed me a return shipping label. I sent the controller back and after 20 days, i finally got it back. The 20 days IS NOT the fault of Controller Chaos, my package got lost ON THE WAY BACK TO ME, on the 2nd trip after the repair. But, i feel like my issue should have been caught, thus my ordeal with the post office falls on Controller Chaos in some degree. Had the predictable issue been caught, the controller never would have went back. So, in closing, im truely absolutely satisfied with my product and service i recieved! As a first time customer, i will return, without a doubt! Just gonna make sure myself to thoroughly test any product immediately. They do seem to be honest and if an issue is found they are responsible for they seem like theyll give you no hassle and make it right."

2017-09-11

Junk

"The Controller I bought is the worst controller I ever bought. The rt button sticks. I don't buy from this company!!!"

2017-05-30

Bought a controller

"Bought a controller from this site hopefully arrives soon (: "

2017-03-28

Cool Unique Gift Idea!

"I bought a controller for my brother for his birthday and he loved it! They painted his name on the controller which I thought was a great personal touch! The controller arrived in 5 days from the time I ordered it. Considering its all hand painted that not to bad! Thanks guys my bro loved it! Will buy again! "

2017-01-23

terrible customer service

"After ordering a custom painted controller from controller chaos under the impression that it would take between 7-10 days to build(what their staff told me) plus shipping time.I emailed them after 2 months and they told me it wasn't finished yet.4 months later i get a controller in the mail( not the custom one i ordered).I talked about my order with their staff and they agreed it could be done.I was told to order a controller from the presets on the website and put in a order note informing that this was the custom order.I used the exact words they gave me to indicate it was a custom order.After i receive the controller i email them to let them know that after 4 months they sent me the wrong order. their solution was for me to ship it back to them and once they receive the controller they will build the one i ordered and ship it back.Expecting me to pay for international shipping(i'm in Canada) wait for a package to ship,then build my controller and ship it back to me.I could not regret ordering from them more.Then just to salt the wound the took the custom controller I actually did order and made it one of their regular items."

2017-01-03

Don't buy from here

"Update: controller chaos has had a senior person contact me and may potentially resolve the issue.

This company is horrible. They don't even pay return shipping on their own defective product.

Do yourself a favor and go through Microsoft and save the headache of dealing with this company.

They sent me the chrome controller I originally ordered after a few weeks of built time (much longer than their site says). My controller was completely defective. The mic port was incorrect and did not keep a mic in place. The controller also disconnected and randomly powered off.

I then had to pay to ship back their highly defective product. After they received it they told me the issue was the chrome case and that all of them are incorrect so I need to go to a different finish despite the fact they are still selling on their site.

They originally were only going to replace the case but I had to demand a new controller that would not power off and disconnect.

I settled for a finish I didn't really want and about 10 days later I received the cheapest looking controller I have ever seen.

On top of that controller chaos didn't even send the battery cover with the controller and then questioned if I was actually missing that part.

I have finally asked for a refund and found that they are going to make me pay return shipping once again to rid myself of this.

2016-12-10

It's a scam

"Bought a PS4 arbiter 4 modded pad didn't work once tried everything the company never responded to my letters and emails and even the phone number just rings out don't waste 80 pound on this rubbish pad go elsewhere "

2016-10-07

Pretty sure CC is a scam

"Alright so first off: All of the 5 star reviews definitely look fake if you ask me.

My experience with this scamming company was completely bad.

I ordered a limited Edition Iron Man controller and because I live in Australia the total cost including shipping was $160. I buy that and then the next day I get an email from them saying they need another $35 for shipping because I live far from a city. I live far from a city but this is clearly a scam, I've never needed to pay extra for anything else - whatever, it's only $35 and I'll save myself the hassle of arguing.

So after 2 weeks it finally shows up. It looks good in the box, then I take it out and see there's a couple of dents and a couple of tiny bits of paint scratched off. Not happy but I'll live with it. I press all of the buttons, all good except the A button sometimes sticks down and doesn't register every time I press it. "I'll get used to it", I think to myself.

Then I plug it in. This is where the real problems surface. This paperweight disconnects literally every 3 minutes and automatically reconnects, but it takes literally TEN seconds to reconnect. When I'm using the thumb sticks the controller will act as if I'm still pointing them even if I let them go several seconds ago.

So I'm pretty mad. I message up their support. Asking for a refund, unless they can tell me how to fix this myself. Guy responds and tells me to get stuffed basicsally. Wants me to pay for repairs when they're the dickheads that sent me a faulty product. So much for the testing period they claim to have.

They say it's out of warranty period so no returning it, and no free repairs. They say I should've bought the longer warranty, maybe I didn't because I don't expect to have broken **** sent to me. Fucking idiots.

Please do not buy from these people. I want to see them go bankrupt.

Share Controller Chaos's store rating

Controller Chaos is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Controller Chaos is not a merchant member
Controller Chaos does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!