9-5 PM (PST)
    cs@contemporaryfurniturewarehouse.com

2018-03-21

Shipped order to wrong address, Asked for a refund - 12 days after asking for refund, still hasn’t refunded me the money.

" I thought I was getting a great deal when I bought a sofa from contemporary furniture. After waiting almost a week and a half I checked the tracking and saw that my item had been delivered to another county. When I had called customer service and ask him why it was shipped to another county they told me that they would call me back give me explanation. Out of the three days that I called to inquire about the mis-delivery, they never had once called back and gave me a status update. I should have seen these reviews before I decided to place my order. After three days had passed and they could not give me an update I decided to ask for a refund. At which point the customer service agent “Sherry” had told me that I would get my refund and there wouldn’t be any issues and it’s being processed. After seven days had passed and I still haven’t seen my refined I decided to call her back. She had explained that the refund was still processing. She had also told me that she would send me some sort of email saying that the refund was being processed as I had requested her to. But to my surprise she didn’t send an email. Now 12 days after asking for a refund I still don’t have any answer. I reached out to her supervisor and left a voicemail still no response from her supervisor. I wish I would’ve seen the reviews below prior to purchasing anything from them. If I could give this review zero stars I would "

2018-03-13

Horrible.

"Just looked at very first review on this site and realize I'm the dummy for not having checked reviews before purchasing. Bought a dining room chair. Made it clear to woman on phone that I was buying only one piece because I wanted to see if i liked it before committing to a whole set of 8. I made sure it wasn't a final sale, she said yes, of course, you can return, though there is a re-stocking fee... fast forward. Chair comes, I don't like it. Call to ask about how to return (which was an annoying process in and of itself; figuring out how to return is less than easy). Turns out the "free shipping" that got the chair to me was not quite free. I will now have to pay that, plus the shipping to return, plus 25% re-stocking fee (even though return policy says 20%). So I now own a single dining chair that I don't really want. Anyone interested? Argh. Terrible experience. "

2017-10-17

Will charge you more for return than is worth it

"Ordered a small cube "pouf" ottoman which took 10 days to ship. It was VERY cheaply made and I decided to return it. Emailed company the day after ottoman was delivered to request return label since they only give you a 14-day return window. Got an immediate auto-response but all it said was someone would "get back to me shortly." Three days went by and I finally got an email to confirm my pick-up address, which I did the next day. Two more days went by and I got no more responses or action so I decided to call them. Phone rang several times but lady finally answered. I explained to her what was going on and she put me on hold for at least 15 mins. Finally came back and says she will email me a return label and they will refund my money less a 25% restocking fee, as well as the outbound shipping cost of $23. Oh, and I'm responsible for paying to ship it back, which would cost me $30. So, in the end, I would basically be paying them to take it back. No thanks! DO NOT ever do business with this company!"

2017-09-20

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD

"We bought a Tv Stand and the furniture came damaged, no legs, no manual, no screws, nothing. Just a huge box full of damaged pieces of wood, that they call furniture!
We have been trying to contact them for over 3 weeks and they keep saying they will provide a solution by the end of the day, which NEVER HAPPENED. Last time, they said they would send the missing parts by mail, well we received the screws, but NO LEGS, NO MANUAL and no refund of U$ 100 dollars that we spent on Handy to have someone here to assemble.
We are tired of dealing with this "company" and requested a full refund, but now they dont reply our emails. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE. THERE IS A BIG CHANCE OF YOU RECEIVING A FURNITURE FROM SOMEONE WHO ALREADY RETURNED.

2017-03-06

Scammers - lied about inventory

"Ordered an 8x10 rug. First called to ensure rug was in stock at warehouse before purchasing. I was excit d because the person I spoke with said she would personally call the warehouse and call me back with an answer. She called me back and told me there was 3 in stock at the warehouse and that if I placed an order now I would receive the rug. I purchased the rug as I was speaking with her. I contacted the company 2 days later inquiring about my order and they said it was still processing. 4 days later I asked the company for an update and they said it takes 5 business days to process. I called back 7 days later and asked why I hadn't received shipping info and they said they were out of stock???? They said we will hold your order and you can choose a different rug... um... no I wanted that one which is why I called before I placed the order!? Hopefully I'll get my refund back..."

2016-11-04

Want to get scammed by a shady company? Choose Contemporary Furniture Warehouse!

"I ordered a sideboard from this company. When I opened the box it was very poorly packaged with minimal padding and the sideboard had large chips, dents, scratches and other significant damage.

I immediately sent them photos of all the damage to try and get the return process started asap... they strung it out for two weeks, continually saying "We are still working on the resolution to your claim" (no they weren't). Until finally they told me that all they could offer me was a 50% refund since the damages were not noted on the delivery paperwork, so they could not send a replacement or accept the return.

Apparently I was supposed to make the delivery guy wait with me while I unboxed this thing and inspected it.. I legitimately did not know this was a policy. It certainly wasn't made clear to me...

Rather than acting like genuine, understanding human beings and recognizing that their customer received a badly damaged piece of furniture that they DO NOT want to put in their house, they chose to hide behind "company policies" instead, so that they could keep $632.49 of my money.

I'm in the process of disputing the charge through my credit card company, but just know before you order from these guys, if something goes wrong, helping you out is NOT going to be a priority. Their bottom line is getting your money, not ensuring you get a good product or have a good customer experience.

Please spend your money elsewhere and support a retailer who actually CARES about their customers.

2015-09-09

"I'm in love with the Remark sofa that I bought on Contemporary Furniture. The shipping was pretty fast (2 weeks, comparing to Wayfair that was 4 weeks for the loveseat from the same collection).

And they deliver INSIDE for FREE! That's even better (had to pay $49 on Wayfair to do the inside).
Customer service was pretty helpful when I contacted before placing the order.

So, I just have good things to say about this store.
Definitely recommend it, and would buy again.

2015-06-24

"I was not satisfied at all with Contemporary Furniture WareHouse customer service. I was looking at a couch which was priced 936$, put it in my cart and 5 minutes later it was 1039$. I called them so they would match the price and they only provided me with a 5% discount, which is ridiculous. I argued with them for 20 minutes, and they never gave me anything better. I highly think they look at people's interest on their website and boost their prices. I give them a big 0 out of 10 for customer service. "

2014-10-21

"I just love it when things look exactly the way I see them on-line. I purchase many items on line and it is important to me that the standards for these items are set high. As long as that happens I am a happy camper! I plan on ordering more when my other desk arrives"

2014-09-17

"I had a wonderful shopping experience with Contemporary Furniture Warehouse. The customer service, shipping, price and the item I bought were all terrific."

2014-09-16

"Where do I begin. Labor Day discount I entered not applied. Had to send multiple emails.Automated email I received upon placing order stated I would receive a confirmation within 3-5 days. It has been 15 days--still no confirmation. They do not answer the phone so forget that. Sent multiple more emails requesting an update--did received a reply that I would receive a confirmation no later than yesterday. Guess what--nothing. Would not reorder. Have no idea if or when I will ever receive the product. Have missed opportunity to purchase under a Labor Day discount from another source."

2014-07-01

"love the table. well packed."

2014-06-30

"I placed the order for furniture based on price and availability information on the website. The next day they canceled my order saying the furniture was out of stock. But the item was still listed on their website as available but at a higher price."

2014-04-22

"I love my Eames style rocking chair. Delivery was quick, and it just had a bit of assembly (attaching the legs). Very comfortable and well made. Will definitely order again."

2014-02-08

"Table was $100 cheaper and also saved $100 in free shipping compared to an online competitor. Very pleased with the entire transaction, including packaging and prompt delivery. Great site!"

Share Contemporary Furniture Warehouse's store rating