Stores > Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange
  • Collectibles To

Voice your opinion! Review Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange by clicking a star below.
2017-11-20

Rubbish goods

"We ordered a watch, very expensive for the quality. The shoddy plastic covering took an hour to remove and in the process the watch was scratched. Phoned them to ask for a small discount such as handling charges refunded but they refused. Would never buy their overpriced goods again. BUYERS BEWARE "

2017-02-28

Pleasantly surprised

"We ordered two rings from Bradford Exchange. I was disappointed with one arrived and did not match the picture. The other arrived and was way too big. Incredibly, Bradford Exchange was happy to accept the return for the first and sent a new one (at the right sizing) for the second- even though it was our fault! So, I would have to say that their customer service is much better than the ratings I see online. "

2016-12-30

Promise of Christmas Delivery Did Not Materialize

"Ordered train tunnel for Christmas tree on Dec 9, 2016. Got email on Dec 16, 2016 indicating item was shipped. On Dec 19, tracking number was still not showing up in carrier's website. Contacted customer service who promised item was shipped and would arrive before Christmas. Tracking number finally showed as being shipped on Dec 28 with delivery scheduled for Jan 3, 2017. My tree will be put away by then."

2016-12-12

"I ordered a bracelet back in august via the website. Didn't use my account with them, hadn't used it in years and I no longer had access to the email associated with said account. Item never arrived after nearly 14 days, contacted Bradford ex. UK to be informed that payment hadn't gone through and I was to contact them. Did this, set up payment plan and paid first instalment. Tracking stated bracelet had been delivered and signed for... although I had received nothing.

Contacted them and they informed me it had been sent to my old address through my account that I hadn't logged onto!!!!!! They said they were sorry it would appear when I contacted them the advisor link purchase to my account which had an old postal address they said that they would dispatch another one, after putting the phone down I went to my old address as the bracelet was a 60th birthday gift for my mother, it was already 2 weeks late and I wanted to ensure I had given it to her before her birthday trip to Graceland. Retrieved bracelet and contacted Bradford ex. as soon as I got home.

They Informed me that they had already dispatched another one and it could not be stopped, less than 2 hours after original phone call. Returned second bracelet as soon as it arrived as I already had the first bracelet. Since august this company has sent me letter informing me of late payments. Every month I have spoken to their customer service and basically been told 'aaaah we see the problem, it's an over sight don't worry it's sorted' Well no it isn't sorted, now I am getting threatening messages that they will take court action if I don't pay.

Bearing in mind I set up a payment plan and they have already taken money from my account. Getting this resolved is impossible, you can't currently get through on their phone lines so I cant even speak to a person. Managed to speak to someone via facebook to be told I need to set up a payment plan for the bracelet and I now have added charges due to outstanding late payments. I am appalled by this whole situation, not once have they acknowledged this mistake, never in my entire life have I had an experience like this the whole situation has been extremely stressful as I am now being threatened with bailiffs.

I would pay the balance in full just so I never have to deal or think about this company again ever. But I refuse to pay charges for a mistake I feel was made my them. They are requesting l set up a payment plan for the second bracelet I sent back, I had a payment plan for the original bracelet I kept. Never will I use this company again.

2016-04-23

Bradford Exchange ... Really bad!

"My husband ordered and paid for a ring on Feb 4th this year. Despite having to call them on a premium charge line three or four times, and after demanding we speak to a manager they said they only had one person who could check if a payment had actually been taken. The said that they had a customer number for us, but no orders had been placed!! They also promised that a manager would call us back nearly a week ago. I have now had to call them and they say a full refund of £156 will be processed. Looking at their other reviews and how disappointed their other customers have been with the quality of their products I am glad we are getting a refund. Avoid Bradford Exchange like the plague. "

2015-07-04

"Avoid like the plague. Bought Morgan US proof Sliver dollar....it came...with Lable "Chinese replica" left on package. Sent back refused and returned. Called Visa ( which is why I always charge an item). I am not responsible since company misrepresented item which I can prove.
Crooks! Do not use and never give them your debit card....read other complains on that topic.

2015-02-05

"I bought the "Blue Rhapsody Topaz And Diamond Ring" because the image on Bradford Exchange site depicted a beautiful ring with two rows of sparkling diamonds. I am so disappointed by the actual ring I received. Bradford Exchange clearly misrepresented the ring on their website. I needed a magnifying glass to see the rows of diamonds that appeared much larger and more apparent as advertised. I returned the ring yesterday and I hope I don't experience any problems getting a refund.

Bradford Exchange, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This ring is NOT worth $200.00; I have seen more attractive rings in Wal-Mart for 1/10th of the cost.

2014-08-10

"Hello, I've just received my Love Never Ends necklace with both my adult children's names engraved on it. I admit I was surprised at how small it was in reality although a nice design. The engraving was perfect although very tiny, it had looked quite clear on the online preview. My son sadly died in 2012 and I'd hoped his & his sister's names would provoke interest and help others to talk about the sad event , but you'd have to use a strong magnifying glass and invade my personal space to read the engravings. However I do love dainty jewellery luckily and this necklace is very dainty indeed, so I shall be keeping it. But in future I'll read reviews first and take better note of measurements etc. And I will give the equivalent amount of money I spent on this tiny item - nearly £90 including £6.99 postage! - to charity because I feel guilty for spending so much on something that turned out to be so small. Let the buyer beware, or 'caveat emptor'; we owe it to ourselves and our bank accounts to make as informed a purchase as possible."

Australia
2013-08-29

"In December 2012 I placed one order for two Wishes of the Heart bracelets as Christmas gifts for my niece and sister. The Bradford Exchange did not process the order as one, but in order to charge an additional $19.99 in shipping and service, processed the order as two. On the 11 December 2012 my Visa card with the Commonwealth bank was charged $159.95 for one bracelet, followed on the 17th December by the second $159.95 charge. I was annoyed at the double dipping but let the matter pass and awaited the arrival of the bracelets.
One turned up for Christmas but the other did not, so no gift for my sister.
After Christmas, of course, I tried to contact the company to see what had happened. I sent two emails and to this day, I have received no reply. Finally, I found a phone number in the FAQ section of the website. I tried ringing it, but of course, the office was closed until the second week of January thereby making it very difficult for any post-Christmas issues to be resolved. It seems the office was closed only for complaints, however, and not advertising material, which reached me in the post in the first week of January.
When I finally did get in contact, I was told that when processing the two orders, the second one had been declined by my bank. I checked with the bank and yes, that was correct. Because Bradford Exchange had placed the second order within five minutes of the first, the bank has a policy of declining such orders just in case a mistake has been made and the same order has been submitted twice. This policy seems very sensible to me and safeguards the consumer. Bradford exchange, however, seems unaware of this policy even though this is the Commonwealth Bank we are talking about. None of this was ever communicated to me by the company in December.
Once I had learnt all this in mid-January I wanted to have nothing more to do with Bradford Exchange so decided not to proceed with the second bracelet which had still not arrived by mid-January. I cancelled the order and was refunded the second credit card charge on 15th January 2013.. At this point I thought that the whole business was behind me.
Unfortunately, the first bracelet proved faulty. The clasp holding the charms broke twice while my niece was wearing it. Fortunately, she was able to retrieve all the pieces.
At the beginning of June, I rang the company explaining the problem. I was told to send it back with an accompanying letter, which I did. I was then out of the country until the end of July. When I returned and had heard nothing, I rang the company again, to be told that they had received nothing from me. I was instructed by the company to fill out a form which would initiate a police/post office check for the lost postal item. This I did and returned the form to the company about a week ago.
About a week later, a replacement bracelet arrived with an accompanying bill for $159.95. You can imagine my reaction! When I rang I was told that I had received a refund for the faulty item in January(I had not yet reported/returned the faulty item at that time). The January refund had been for second bracelet I had not received.
The matter was then referred to a supervisor and I sent a copy of the above to her. I have not heard a thing from the company since then.
The incompetency/stonewalling of this company is amazing.

2012-08-22

"My order for checks was fine but they now send me emails continually although I have unsubscribed 7 or 8 times. Isn't that illegal?"

2012-07-12

"I ordered Tinker Bell pendant with letter of the name.

I received my order and have to tell you, I am very disappointed. They sent pendant in the gift box which was originally for earrings!? It has holes for earrings and so obvious that it was already used.
The second of all but the most important the pendant itself looked ugly, not a design but the work is done sloppy, particularly, wings of Tinker Bell were done very unprofessionally. Looks really cheep.
I contacted them and didn't get a reply so far.
Definitely will return this item and never buy anything from this terrible place.

2012-04-11

"I purchased a Christmas Village collection for my wife as a Christmas gift, the pieces arrived mostly on time and she was happy until the final order 3 weeks ago arrived. For a two week period, a tracking number they provided was invalid which just makes you feel very confident in their abilities. When I called and spoke with someone about the invalid number, I was told yes its invalid but I cannot do anything at all. really? Really???? Eventually, about two weeks late, the parcel arrived.

The collection was Muppet's themed (her favorite) and featured figures of all of her favorite characters. After the final delivery, we noticed that we did not receive two of the figures that were originally advertised.

I sent an inquiry email, and got no response. I placed a call, and was told that the picture was 5 years old, and the two figurines in the question were no longer being produced, and had not been produced in some time. My response was "Maybe you should take 5 minutes and snap a new photo, or let your customers know!" I was considering canceling the entire order and returning it and was told that someone from the marketing department would call me back within 48 hours.

That was a little over 10 days ago, the 'marketing' department never did call. I placed my third call this morning, and I was told the figures were no longer available, sorry....that was it! So I am in the process of canceling the entire order and returning it to them. This was TERRIBLE customer service! I cannot stress enough how good they are at taking money, and how bad they are at servicing the customer after the fact.

I noticed as I was uploading a photo, that since my complaint, they have actually taken new photo's! Just amazing!

Buyer Beware! Buyer Beware! Buyer Beware!

2012-03-26

"must admit, i have ordered several items which were the collectible dolls for my mum, one never arrived but after filling out an insurance form it got cleared from my account, 2 dolls were fine then the 3rd didnt look the same as online but mum loved it anyway so went ahead and ordered the mother daughter bracelets for mothers day which she was very impressed with until not even 2 weeks after giving it to my mum she showed me the bracelet with a disappointed face and i couldnt believe what i was seeing, this £150 jewellery looked like an item from a pound shop, badly tarnished and so cheap looking so it will definetly be sent back for a refund, really disappointed in a company which i once thought was great!!"

2012-02-23

"Ordered 2 boxes of checks for 12.89 was doubled billed for it. Made 4 calls after 15 minute hold times and was asked to fax copy of bank statement, i did.No satisfaction. On 2/21/2012 i get a 127.98 charge from Bradford collectibles. I didn't order this or receive this . Made a call and told them this is not mine and to credit my credit card. No action. I have contacted Visa and reported a Fraud case. Don't use this fradulant company"

2011-12-31

"I think they are plain frauds and liars. I simply cannot believe any good review. I ordered a collectible watch in September 2011 as a Christmas present. I still haven't received it (31 Dec'11). They 'claimed' to have sent a £100 watch through ordinary post ( not signed for) on 3rd October 2011 without notifying me they were sending it. Then wanted me to fill in an insurance claim form which I never received twice! Then said they were sending another watch by Interlink. Well it never arrived either and no card was left saying a delivery attempt had been made, besides it was sent to a work address which is manned 8 am-6pm so it was very hard for it not to be delivered. At one point they claimed the first watch had been sent to my work address but I only gave them my work address in December and they always claimed the watch had been sent on 3rd October! so how could they have sent it to my work address when they did not have that address at that time?
Basically my guess is they are complete frauds and someone should take them out of the business game. How many insurance claims are they making on goods they have probably never sent? and my guess is that most people give up getting their goods or their money returned it is just too frustrating!

Share Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange's store rating

Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange is not a merchant member
Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!