Stores > Cheaper Than Dirt

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.36/10 5.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cheaper Than Dirt by clicking a star below.
2017-12-09

Awesome !

"I got my husband the Magpul Core Breach Knuckle Armor gloves and he is literally in love ! I will definitely continue to order from this site ! "

2017-12-02

Good place, especially for niche items.

"I've made many purchases from Cheaper than Dirt over the last several years. Shipping isn't as fast as some other places, but I've always received my items reasonably quickly. Never had a defective product so I do not know how good customer service is. I've made at least a dozen orders and ordered more than 50 items from Cheaper than dirt, so that says a lot. The selection isn't as great as you'd find at some competitors and CtD is out of stock of an annoying number of items. These are the two biggest negatives about CtD and the only reason I didn't give them 5 stars. CtD however often has hard to find items in stock. CtD also seems to get the best military surplus stuff of any of the mainstream shooting supplies sites. They are good with their grading and descriptions. I have purchased at least 3 military surplus items from CtD and all were exactly as described and good quality for a very low price. The reviews of items are extremely useful as well. "

2017-11-08

Cheap generic products

"I bought a new magazine for my Beretta. What Inreceived in the mail was a cheap generic magazine which didn’t even come close to fitting my gun. When I called I was offered a magazine that fits my gun, but was asked the pay the difference in the price.
I feel, this company has a bait and switch motto. Get the customer hooked with better prices and then in the end you pay more than on other sites, if you want a quality product that is actually usable.
Customer service ( live chat ) was friendly enough, but would not budge on a even replacement.

2017-11-01

EXTREMELY IMPRESSED!!!

"I ordered several boxes of ammo and a couple of backup magazines on a Friday afternoon. I quickly received an email confirmation but heard nothing else for 3 days. On Tuesday, after reading many poor reviews, l became very concerned and l instant messaged their customer service department. Within a few seconds l heard back and was given the tracking numbers for my orders. The ammo arrived that same afternoon and the magazines arrived the next day! The items were shipped standard shipping and was FREE because l spent over $50.00. In the future, I will not even look anywhere else. I found a great deal on everything l wanted and service was OUTSTANDING!!! "

2017-09-21

"They sold me low quality mags and refused to replace them. Customer service would not respond to repeated emails for a week."

2017-09-15

Super fast and accurate

"CTD has a huge selection, and they ship promptly. I've placed MULTIPLE orders and received them all in under 48hrs with standard shipping. Simply amazing!"

2017-08-12

No customer service - bought elsewhere - cheaper than their dirt!

"I was trying to order some merchandise online with my established account. Order kept freezing at the shipping address phase. I even tried ordering as a guest. Tried online chat. I was immediately told it "was my fault somehow - try some other time"! Not!!! Went to Midway USA and found want I wanted for 25% less and ordered in seconds. Already shipped for less the CTD ridiculous shipping rates. I won't be back to CTD."

2017-08-11

Horrible Shipping methods

"Ordered 250rds of ammo. Package came dented and ripped with rediculous amounts of packing tape. Absolutely no paper/bubble wrap/protection for ammo. Several rounds were unusable because of this. Box looked like it had been beat to hell. Will not buy here again."

2017-07-08

Garbage customer service

"Long story short: I ordered a duty belt and inner lining along with multiple other things for work. The first one I ordered was the wrong size, I contacted them to return it for another size. I sent mine back to them and got another. Again, it didn't fit right, I figured at this point I would just return it and go to my local store. I tried to get a return sticker and the lady said she would send one one. It never came. After a month, I contacted them again and they never answered. Another month passed and I contacted them a third time, and again, they never answered.

Save the time and bother, just buy elsewhere. No point in giving a company a couple hundred dollars at a time and they can't take a few minutes to put a sticker in the mail.

2017-06-21

By Far, THE Worst Online Gun Store in the US. Hands Down!

"On 6/20/2017 I ordered UPC/Item# 7-GFMAK7411 from cheaperthandirt.com website. When putting my order, the item was IN STOCK and available for immediate shipment. I placed my order and my credit card was charged $999.99 immediately. I then received the confirmation email (I can provide if necessary/upon request), which verified that. Based off of this, I went ahead and ordered 750 rounds of ammo (5.45x39) which cost around $230.00 with shipping and handling. The next morning, 6/21/2017, I received an email from their customer service (available upon request) which stated they apologize for any inconvenience, but my item was not in the inventory. I asked them why they had it available for sell and charged my card, if they didn't have the item? She didn't have any answer! IT WAS NOT A BACK-ORDER! So now, I am sitting here with 750 rounds of ammunition that by law, cannot be returned or sold. I cannot shoot them either because they canceled my firearm order."

2017-06-20

Don't order from Cheaper Than Dirt!

"Wasted my time. Ordered AR-10 parts from them Wednesday last week, they then sent me an email asking for a picture of my driver's license to verify my billing adress. This was weird but I did it anyways, Next week when they finally got around to responding to my email, they told me that I had to be 21 to buy from them. This makes absolutely no sense since I was not ordering any age-restricted items and they do not even have the common decency to notify you of this ridiculous policy before you ordered. I am working under a time constraint so this really screwed me over having to wait around for these parts, only to find out they won't be shipped. I believe from my experience and that of others who I have talked to since, that this is a shady company that should not be trusted! Their prices aren't even that cheap so buy from a reputable, legitamite business. I'm honestly a bit worried that such a crappy company has all my information."

2017-05-28

Poor customer service.

"Despite negative reviews, against my better judgment I decided to give CTD a try to purchase a Glock. At first everything seemed to go smooth but a day after placing my order I got an email from a sales representative informing me that, before they could ship to my local FFL I had to verify my billing address by replying with an attached photocopy of my driver's license.

I replied the sales person and commented that I've made quite a few online firearms purchases and this is the first time I've ever had anyone ask me to submit a photocopy of my DL via email. I explained that I find it an inconvenience as I do not have a way to scan a copy of my license and furthermore I don't feel comfortable submitting something like that through email.

Why should I have to do that, anyway? If it's a question of verifying my identity to safeguard against fraudulent criminal activity, Bud's Gun Shop isn't going to simply transfer a firearm to someone who can't show a photo ID or prove they are the recipient of the shipment.

Anyway, I kindly told the representative that if a phone call or an email will not suffice in verifying my billing address they may simply not process (cancel) the order. Not a big deal. Interestingly, rather than trying to work me with on the issue and make a sale, the representative quickly replied saying that the order was canceled and that the charge on my credit card will be put back within a few days.

I immediately checked my credit card account activity and sure enough there was a charge for the price of the handgun. According to their sales rep, there was some kind of issue with my billing address not being verified – but it seems the address was OK after all as they successfully charged me!

This is the first and last time I will ever deal with “Cheaper Than Dirt.”

2017-05-23

I love it.

"The people there are very friendly and have great customer service and my items always come at a great time."

2017-04-26

Awesome customer service

"I was a little concerned about buying from them after seeing all the negative reviews, but my concerns were unfounded. When I bought 6 magazines and a pistol holster from them a few days ago, they shipped within 10 days at the lowest cost shipping level! When I got my stuff, I checked the shotgun mags I bought to see if they were compatible with my gun, since I was not sure they would when I bought them. Sadly they were not compatible, but that was my fault not theirs. I procrastinated asking for a refund for 2 weeks before contacting them. When I tried to contact by email, it was a little confusing when they did not give me a confirmation of receiving it, so I went onto live chat to see what the problem was. Within 5 seconds I had somebody online checking out the problem, and they referred me to the phone line, after trying to figure out what the problem was and not succeeding. When I called, there was no hold time, and I was told that they had immediately refunded me! I just hadn't received the email yet. Sure enough, when I checked I found the refund response in my inbox.

Overall: Quick shipping, Low Low prices, and great customer service and return policy.

2017-04-19

Poor Customer Service

"I emailed these people three times within a three week period, trying to resolve an order. You would think an acknowledgement of the email would have been hasty. No. It wasn't. It's been almost 30 days now, and still NO reply from them. Afterall, I do have a 90 day, original packing, not opened policy, right? NEVER ordering from here again EVER. They are NOT cheaper than anyone else. Shop around or buy local. Save yourself some cash!"

Share Cheaper Than Dirt's store rating

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!