Product & services pricing 5.00/10
Chance of future purchase: 2.50/10
Customer service: 2.50/10
2018-09-12

Useless customer service

"My package never updated beyond a label being created. After 2 weeks and getting no help from Fedex (they told me I had to call the company that shipped it), I called carter's customer service. They wouldn't even try to locate the package. She simply offered to resend the items or give me a refund. Problem was 99% of my order was clearance items so of course most of them were no longer in stock. I ended up getting a partial refund and they are shipping me (haven't got it yet so who knows) the items they did have. Just seemed like the lady wanted to refund me and get me off the phone as quick as possible. Really not happy."

2018-01-07

Extremely disappointed with carters.com ordering

"order placed monday after thanksgiving-my order was messed up several times. First part of my shipment was someone else's order. They could only refund me for one outfit because they no longer had the other. the second part of my order only contained 1 of 2 outfits. another reshipment was sent- that order was lost in the mail! When I called to find the location of the outfit they said I was no longer able to order that outfit but could only issue a refund. After 3 phone calls with customer service and 3 out of 4 orders received, I only ended up with two of the four outfits I originally ordered. As a first time mom I was very excited to use carters.com, but after this, I am extremely disappointed in the unreliability and inconsistency. The only thing they offered was 30% off a future order. I do not have any trust in ordering from carters.com again. "

2017-11-29

Sent wrong boots

"I ordered a size 6 brown pair of boots for my daughter. They sent the wrong the boots. They sent a size 12 Navy boots. When I talked with the customer service representative, he told me that, by the time they was finish processing my order that they were probably sold out of the boots that I ordered. Then he told me, so they just sent me what they had. No the correct thing to do is contact me and inform me of what is going on, not just send me whatever and it was not even​ the same size. He didn't even offer me another pair of boots for the same price, he was just so in a hurry to refund my money and get me off the phone."

2017-11-15

Received Damaged Leggings

"Emailed pictures of leggings I received with a snag in them. No response. Followed up with second email, nothing. It’s been months. Money wasted. "

2017-11-15

Awful online service

"Ordered on 11/6/17 online.Today is 11/15and 'Tracking' says 'it's being processed'! and wont get to me for another 3 to 5 business days! I'm told it probably will arrive by 11/22!! WTF! 9 days AT THE WAREHOUSE, to process and pack 3 items? Unacceptable! Do not order online..you get the run-around. Go directly to the store!!"

2017-09-02

Horrible support and customer service

"Whenever I have questions about my orders it's like they beat around the bush with what I'm asking and completely change the subject. No help whatsoever. Also, I hate how every time I order online multiple items end up being cancelled after my order processes, due to it being unavailable. If you don't have an item don't advertise it for sale on the site then. Also takes entirely too long to deliver, I'm sure my child will outgrow the clothes as soon as I get them, thats how long it's taken. I like the quality of their clothing but I'll never buy from their site again."

2017-06-06

Customer Service Supervisors

"@Carters CS - I had to talk with 1 rep and 2 supervisors to get the price adjustment for my online order, and this last supervisor, she gave me price adjustment so I appreciate it, but she was so grumpy and rude. She doesn't have to have that attitude even tho I was a 'unwanted' customer. Do they think they can have whatever attitude to customers if these customers are the ones they don't like??"

2016-11-13

Dishonest Carters Online Customer Service Representative

"I experienced a problem with my online checkout. I contacted customer service, and the representative promised an additional 20% off for the inconvenience, but I never received this discount. This was not a matter of miscommunication, as the Carters online manager stated when I called back later to inquire about it. This was flat out dishonesty. I hope Carters representatives are not trained to offer fake discounts like this to their customers, or they are going to have a lot more angry customers in the future."

2015-12-04

"Product is great but Carters makes a lot of order mistakes. I have 6 orders with this store and only 2 of them were correct.
The good thing is their customer service team is very helpful and always makes everything possible to solve the problem.

2015-04-16

"Carters, a popular company specializing in children's clothing, needs to get its act together regarding online sales. Until then, you are strongly advised to refrain from doing any business with Carters.

I placed an order online for an e-gift card to be charged to my credit card. Within hours, my credit card company indicated a hold for the amount I charged. However, my intended recipient had not received email indicating receipt of the gift. After a day of still not hearing back regarding the gift card, I spoke to Carters' customer service, and was informed that it takes from 48 to 72 hours for an e-gift card to be processed. Incredible - 3 days to process an electronic transaction with no shipping involved!

That was not all - I was also told that the e-gift card would be sent in two emails: one to the recipient's email address with the card info, and another to the recipient's SPAM folder (yes, intentionally!) with the PIN number. On top of that, I was told the primary email would not TELL the recipient where the PIN could be found; they were expected to call customer service only when they failed to find the PIN so they could be told to look in their SPAM folder. So how much weed do you think their service architects were smoking when they designed this arcane plan?

But it gets worse. A day later, I received an email telling me that my order was cancelled because they could not verify the information I had supplied when I paid for the gift card - but they could not tell me WHAT information was not verified. When I pressed them on it, I was informed that they use a third-party service to do their verifying, and usually an order gets cancelled when it is placed from an IP address that "seems to be different from the billing address." In other words, you can't order from your work place, or while at a friend's house, or on vacation. (And in my case, I ordered from my billing address anyway.)

So, to summarize, Carters is not a place where you want to entrust your information or money. Do yourself a favor and avoid this disaster of an e-tailer until they can figure out how to handle online transactions that actually benefit their potential customers instead of driving them far away as they did me.

2014-09-20

"I live in Mexico and I've made a trip of 12 hours to Texas and pick up my package.
When I arrive home I notice that the stuff inside was all wrong, I ordered $185.00 USD for size 2 boy and I receive girl winter clothes.
I am very dissapointed. I dont know what will happen since i live in Mexico and they dont ship to here.
I already sent them an email and I'm waiting for their response.

Carters User
2014-09-10

"I received the wrong order and am still waiting for my order to RESHIP! its been 7 days. I have never had a service like this. "

2014-08-26

"I ordered several items for my kids. I needed it to arrive before I left the hotel in NY. So, I ordered it 1 week in advance and I paid the extra $ for 3 days delivery. The order was shipped 4 days later, and it arrived 8 days later...of course I had already left the hotel. In the meantime I sent them several emails saying that the order was still in "processing" state, for them to cancel it. They said they had no way to cancel it....seriously?? are you kidding me?? you spent 4 days to process an order and you cannot cancel it when I clearly told you it would not arrive on time??
As I said the items arrived several days later, and they charged my credit card....I am now trying to figure out how to recover my money from this incompetent and untrustful company...
do not trust them!!!

2014-07-02

"I've ordered on June 21, with 3-8 days free shipping. On July 1 I still didn't receive it. On July 2 I called them, and they said "Oh, we're sorry, apparently we forgot to scan a label, or something". Seriously? It's my first experience in YEARS that someone just forgot to ship the order. NEVER EVER AGAIN I will order from this incompetent company!!"

2013-09-08

"I placed an online order a week ago. When I was completing the order, 7 days ago, carters.com promised 8-day delivery. It still hasn't shipped.

I ordered some gifts for my nephew in Russia, and my husband is leaving on a trip later this week. Mid-week, I sent an email to Carter's explaining the situation, and that I really need my items within 8 days delivery window as promised. It took them 2 days to respond to me with a BS answer - that they are busy, and that my stuff will arrive eventually. Well, they'll be a little less busy in the future, without my orders.

Share Carters's store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!