Stores > Cardpool

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.72/10 1.72/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cardpool by clicking a star below.
2017-12-02

Sold my Kohls cards and got my check in the mail

"I had 3 different Kohls gift cards, I told them on Tuesday Nov 28th the next morning I got an email stating my check is in the mail. I didn't expect much seeing they say it can be up to 3 weeks. Today is Saturday Dec 2nd and my check was in my mailbox. 5 days from start to finish and I got 78% of my money back"

Altoona Iowa
2017-12-01

Blatantly Stole my gc balance!!!

"Had a WM return that was sizeable, opted for a gc so I didnt have to wait for the funds and figured itd be an easy sell, who doesnt want to save at WM. Heres a timeline of this nightmare-
1.Return items and get gc thats Activated at 3:39 pm 11/29/17, (I bought a $7 item leaving the remaining balance at $335.05)
2. 11/29/17 @ 4:55pm I had to return to WM because of a list in grocery & spent 28.24 and had an end balance of 306 or about-
3. Wanting cash over anything I googled an inquiry that led to Carpool- got a very nice instant quote and then an error message saying the funds couldnt be verified, I found that odd.
4. I again returned to the WM and used the Murphy gas station in front to make a small purchase which was successful.....but cardpool couldnt verify it??? Struck me as odd
5. After returning home with my self verified gc and going back on the website I got the same error code......
6. Again i returned to Murphy store and this spent $120 on lottery tickets (thankfully won $100) amd had an ending balance of 160.14.......and that time was 8:15 pm for the small puchase and 8:32 for the larger one----
7. Magically, at 7:57pm that very same gift card was used along with multiple others at a Las Vegas WM to buy lots of electronics..........Vegas is 20hours drive and at least 3hr flight......I contacted them to explain they must have had a server error or something but they denied any liability and basically told me to contact WM--- Uh.... I did that to begin with, but anyway they wont help amd the emails recieved seemed like they were froma person who enjoys not helping people for a living. Im calling the police, BBB, dateline anyone that will listen

2017-11-28

Angry customer

"This company cancelled my transaction without notifying me and no explanation for their cancellation. Three weeks later I haven't received the cards back. Not a way to conduct business. Poor customer service!"

2017-11-25

Ripoff - Don’t buy

"Yes they are a rip-off company and shouldn’t buy gift cards from them. I had problem with purchase. They didn’t mention upfront before purchase that the gift won’t be sent instantly. After purchase it showed the gift card takes a business day or more. By that time the deal is over in the other place where I want to use this gift card. Their customer support is terrible and they are talking their policies."

2017-11-19

Discriminate against new customers!

"Do NOT buy from this company. Go with ABCgiftcard, GiftcardZen, or Raise. They know how valuable each customer each and will treat you with the outmost respect. Read below for details:

Do NOT buy from this company unless you want to know how it feels to be discriminated and treated like a second class. Placed an order with them for some Apple gift cards (to purchase iphone X), and they cancelled my order WITHOUT contacting me or my credit card company. They just assumed that I’m some sort of a loser who can’t afford it. No, I’m not making things up. I am TOO risky to be their customer! 760 credit score, 2% credit utilization ($215k credit limit) is too risky. Too risky to even send me an email or call me to verify my order, just straight up cancellation!!

“Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time.”

Real customer, real review. Order number 25354790

2017-11-13

I sold them a $500 gift card and they never sent a check

"I sold them a $500 gift card and they never sent a check. It has been almost 4 weeks... to send an envelope with a check in it. It has been days since they said they would ship the new check and get back "shortly". Surprise, surprise.. My gift card has a zero balance on it. This company is a scam. "

2017-10-05

Great Experience as a Seller

"Sold eight gift cards through the site. The entire process was smooth and payment was received within 24 hours. I chose to redeem my cards for Amazon credit so electronic gift card codes were emailed to me. Very happy with the entire experience. "

2017-09-22

Surprisingly good. (First Time Seller)

"~Summary~
Considering some of the terrible reviews for Cardpool.com that I've read, I'd say my first dealings with them went comparatively well. Certain aspects of the process were a little annoying, but overall I was satisfied with the experience. (For the record, I am real customer. I know some of you reading these reviews are worried about fake ones.)

~Pros~
* I received 94.9% of the value of my $172.35 Best Buy gift card, which is the best return I've seen from any gift card exchange service.
* I was not asked any questions nor was I "interviewed" by Cardpool as a first time seller as other reviews might suggest.
* They accepted my physical gift card as an e-gift card, thus saving me the trouble of having to mail it to them.
* Customer service responded to my email within one business day.
* Either a debit or credit card will work when selling to them, unlike Raise which requires a credit card.

~Cons~
* I received my payment six business days later than promised, and it likely would have taken longer had I not sent them an email.
* They support neither direct bank deposit nor Paypal when selling to them, only mailed checks and Amazon gift cards.

~Suggestion~
If you sold a gift card to them and opted for the Amazon gift card as payment, don't be afraid to send them an email if your payment doesn't arrive when expected. When I asked them why my payment was taking so long, they mentioned an error their Amazon payment system was experiencing and apologized for it. I received my payment shortly after that reply.

2017-09-18

Great for selling unwanted digital gift cards.

"As much as people hate on cardpool, I've had very good experiences as a seller of digital gift cards. I offloaded over $600 of Best Buy gift cards from trade ins and received a check a week later. (after a verification phone call)

I lost about 11% off the face value which beat eBay easily. I don't need more tech junk, so I was glad to find a place I could get close to full value. So, thanks Cardpool.

2017-08-28

error message

"I was selling a nike gift card for $30. I filled out all the information and when it was time to click "success" and finalize the sale. It says there has been a temporary error with the transaction please try again later. Oh great I gave you all the infor of the gift card, ALL my info and now this stupid error sign. This is completely unacceptable and I am not a happy customer. I try contacting customer service but oh wait they only have a email with 24 hour reply complete garbage. It is not a good service I will NEVER use again. "

2017-08-16

Dead .... silence....

"I don't know why I have continued to use Cardpool when I've had so many issues in the past. The latest incident is a gift card that they sold me. First it took them a while to send the gift card (electronically!), then when I got it, I immediately tried to use it but it didn't work. Card had no balance. NOT acceptable.

Okay, but things happen! So you reach out to customer service and they help you, right? WRONG. First, they don't have live customer service help , so you can't call anyone. And when I emailed, their automated mail service replied that they got my email and sent me links to FAQs. Is there an FAQ for what to do when you've paid for something that's worthless? Two full days since I emailed and nooooo response.

Cardpool, thanks for the reminder about the quality of your customer service. I imagine I'll be challenging the credit card charge and learning my lesson to not use them again.

2017-08-10

Cardpool, are liars, scammers and thieves!

" I put a $200 unused gift card on this site to be sold on 7/11/17 in which they sold and as of today I haven't received any type of payment! I contacted them numerous times by email and all I've got back were lies! I did some research and found that they've scammed countless others. I advise everyone to report them to bbb and abc investigations team since they did a story on them! Please do not endorse this company because they are Scammers! Thanks"

2017-07-07

What a racket

"I sold a $730 giftcard for MINIMAL money, $560, to be exact. They took days and then needed a call from me to prove who / why / what, etc., Like that's my job here. THEY HAVE ONE JOB. At any rate, they send me an email saying they are happy to present my $560 gift card to Amazon. I use the code, it's $500. SO, $230 LESSSSSS than my card?!~ NO thanks! I'm beside myself at how complex this was and THEY are the experts! I lost $230?! NOT again. BEWARE!"

2017-07-07

Theives

"Sent in my gift cards, got confirmation they were received, never got paid. Company has no phone number and emails are ignored. I had to shut off my debit card so they could't steal anything else from me. Made a complaint to the BBB but I'm sure nothing will come of it. Please stay away!"

2017-07-05

Unable to process order

"Thank you for your recent order with Cardpool.com! Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time. We've gone ahead and cancelled order #"

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,474 merchant members.