Stores > Cali Bamboo

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cali Bamboo by clicking a star below.
2018-01-19

Cali Bamboo? Not for the Midwest

"I purchased and installed Cali interlocking bamboo over a year ago. I honestly was concerned when I looked at the installation instructions and more text was spent on the necessity of regulating the humidity in the home, vs. actual installation. The instructions were written more for company protection than customer support. I should have sent it all back at that point. Buyer beware. I now have gaps, as previous reviews have indicated. Unfortunately, as many on the web indicate, there is no real solution other than pulling the product and putting a more stable flooring in. I thought I was saving money. This case reinforces the saying, " you get what you pay for." Don't install this product unless you are absolutely sure you can control the humidity in your home. Download a copy of the installation requirements before purchase. This is not a mid-western, 4 season flooring product."

2018-01-12

BEWARE OF CALI BAMBOO FLOORING

"My husband and I had our dream retirement home built last winter. We have been living in our new home for nearly 12 months. The trouble with the Cali Bamboo Eucalyptus Mocha interlocking flooring began 2 months after being installed. We contacted the manufacturer of the product, and they did send a hired representative to our home within a couple of weeks. He brought gauges and measuring devices and spent a couple hours gathering data. The result from the data: it was installed improperly, so it wasn't the product. We now have 1/4" gaps and cupping everywhere throughout the house. More gaps occur each day. The floor is also beginning to creak. We were in hopes that leaving the floor installed for an entire year before making adjustments would allow the flooring to acclimate to our four seasons. It didn't work, so we tolerated our first year in our new home with cupping and growing gaps in the Cali Bamboo flooring product. Eleven months after installing the floor, our contractor returned with his crew and made multiple adjustments. Two weeks later, the product began separating again; and this time it's much worse.

Meanwhile we live in our brand new home with faulty flooring every day. We spent over $6k (not including the installation costs) for this defective product. Our money was spent in good faith on a product that should have carried us through our retirement years. Instead, we are now needing to remove and replace. We are returning to work part-time in our retirement to help pay for this costly mistake. WE WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY A FLOORING PRODUCT FROM CALI BAMBOO.

We purchased the product from Lowe's, and we are currently working with the manager's at Lowe's to help us recoup some of our financial loss. Only time will tell whether or not this will happen.

2018-01-05

scatches and buckles

"This flooring should not be sold in any area that has any humidity. The floor has buckled terribly. I have to run my air conditioner or heater almost constantly to keep the buckling in check. The floor is 6 months old and scratched badly. The company recommends BONA for cleaning and all it has done is put a film over the floor. "

2017-10-03

Dont buy this junk

"After selling this floor for over a year and having several warranty claims filed, I decided to stop selling this flooring. The warranty process is a joke. They talk about how terrific the 50 year warranty is, but good luck getting them to do anything about it! I have one customer who has been waiting for 8 months and still nothing from Cali Bamboo. They claim they have tried calling her, but they haven't. They claim they have tried to get a hold of me (at the store), they haven't. The floor buckles and splits even with no moisture present. It buckles and splits even when you buy their expensive concrete sealer and glue. The floor buckles and splits when you look at it. Cali Bamboo wont help you. During the most recent warranty claim process the rep at Cali Bamboo insulted my installers. Done with this junk. Please dont buy Cali Bamboo. If you are looking for a bamboo floor and you are shopping at Lowes or even Home Depot, please, buy anything except this product. Awful, awful, awful.."

2017-09-19

Like it

"Got a cork floor for kitchen, professionally installed with suggested underpayment. Looks great, no problems with gaps or scratches. Over 1 year later and it look as good as the day it was installed (in a house with kids and a dog)."

2017-08-15

Great customer service, Alan is awesome!

" I'm from California but live now in Louisiana, dealt with Alan (sp?) the entire time. He gave me a great deal on the product, shipping was fast, he called me at appropriate intervals to check on the status of my project to ensure an acceptable delivery time. They great products, eco conscious and appear to be a leader in the industry, will use them again and recommend to everyone I know. Thanks for a great experience! Dr J"

2017-07-13

Movement never stops

"I put cali bamboo in my house and it moves from warping to shrinking away from the walls just because of standard seasonal humidity
I have turned all my information to the attorney generals office because they just kept ducking the issue.
I spent 1,000's on top of the 9,000.00 floor . It needs to come out and I will never buy anything from Cali bamboo.

2017-06-21

great floor, great price

"We ordered 800 sq. ft to do my main level. Took it out of the box, and stacked it to acclimate for a week. 40 boxes, only one chipped at corner(don't know if it came like that or my husband did it while stacking). Easy click lock, yes when working with wood WEAR GLOVES! Get the BEST BLADES for your saw, this is so tough it will dull
the strongest blade after 600sq. ft. We installed it and its beautiful. But can't stress enough, it has to be taken out of box and lattice stacked to acclimate.

2017-06-13

Buyer Bewre

"We created a deck with their 3g Bamdeck. Our contractor has a lot of experience with composite decking and followed the Cali Bamboo recommended spacing and fasteners. After two years the decking is CRACKING!!! This is on flat boards with no screw holes, and boards with screw fasteners. This decking is falling apart after only two years. Cali Bamboo Support is TERRIBLE!!! They do not respond to emails and have no resolution. What good is a warranty when you cant use it. Delivery was a nightmare. They delivered half the product with a slightly different color/contrast. Because the use a third party storage and shipment facility they do not have control of what is shipped. Had to return half the order and have another order shipped. A year later i was put into collections by UPS saying i did not pay for the second shipment! The entire situation is bad with this company."

2017-06-04

Great product and service

"I just decided to write a review now after reading the reviews and caught by surprise by the low rating. We're looking to potentially replace carpet in another home with wood and again looking at Cali Bamboo as an option.
Buying local and renewable were important to me so San Diego worked (I'm in Santa Barbara, cold (40-50s F) and moist at night, sunny and dry during the day (70-85F)), unfortunately the wood comes from China, it would be great to have more information on that. That's where the issues ended.
When I opened the boxes and stacked them as instructed so they could acclimate, some boards were cracked, I called CaliBamboo and they shipped me replacements. I worked with Josh and Hailey, both were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
I had my contractor put them in on top of the acoustic cork they suggested.
The floors have not gapped, or cracked or anything. I read a comment about how the floors scratch. Let me tell you about that. I took a spare piece i wanted to use as a plank to put the address tiles I purchased from Italy on for the home. I sanded the gloss off the wood piece, wiped it, it was STILL glossy, obviously I couldn't use the planks for that purpose, I needed to scrape the wood with a nail hard to get a groove in it.
The deck outdoors seemed to get stained, I need to look into that. FOLLOW the instructions and you wont have any problems.

2017-05-05

Christopher D. and CaliBamboo have a great product and service!

"CaliBamboo, specifically Chris D., has provided excellent customer service as I've gone through the process of choosing and purchasing Antique Java Extra-Wide. We love the product, and the service from Chris convinced me to check out CaliBamboo for our decking. I sent them a quote request and received a prompt reply - within hours from Chris. He was able to give in depth information about their product line and is express shipping us samples. I have no doubt we'll choose one of the decking lines. I strongly recommend CaliBamboo. And ask for Chris D.!"

2017-04-20

Scratches so easy you'd think a DJ designed it.

"Gorgeous floors for those who never intend to live on them. We paid nearly $8k for this flooring (Eclipse Fossilized Wide Click), not including install. The color is beautiful, and when it's new and clean, it looks like a showroom. But don't you DARE do anything but walk in socks on this "10 coat scratch-resistant layer", because I've never seen a floor scratch so easily. At first, it was our dogs, 2 shih tzus, the heaviest is 16lbs. We saw some minor scratches after they played, so we trimmed their claws further down. This mitigated most of the damage, but numerous faint scratches can still be seen everywhere they travel. Ok, since these are only visible from 2-3 feet away, we decided to live with it. But now every chair you pull back from a table, every time you move ANYTHING that isn't made of feathers , you get a nice noticeable groove. Today, I slid a plastic storage tub a few feet, weighed less than 25lbs, and had never scratched any floor before (the bottom is smooth hard plastic), but now we have a 28" gouge that is still visible despite an hour spent with their scratch removal kit (wax rub, buff, color match marker, buff).
I'm a 45 year old contractor's assistant. I've lived on, cleaned, and installed many types of hardwoods over the years, and I have never seen a floor mark up like this in my life. If this was cheap flooring, I'd understand. Or if they didn't claim "pet-friendly" and "high heel safe" (HA), or "the world's hardest floors", maybe this wouldn't be driving me to tears. We are just finishing our dream home, and now we either have to rip up and toss $8k in flooring, or spend the rest of this floors life tip-toeing around in socks and hours every week on your knees scrubbing away at these never-ending scratches.
Buyer beware.

2017-03-24

This stuff is junk. After 6 months I am pulling this from my kitchen and dining room and taking it to the dump.

"Installed fairly easily and looked good for a couple months. Then started developing gaps. Pulled up the flooring where this occurred and then a few weeks later a gap showed somewhere else. This stuff moves too much. Don't buy this flooring. I've installed many floors and the movement in these planks is not worth the trouble. I am pulling it this summer and starting over."

2016-01-14

Want to make your friends jealous?

"Then purchase cali bamboo flooring!I ordered 850 Sq ft of the eucalyptus click flooring. The customer service representative was very helpful with installation tips and any questions I had. The flooring itself is beautiful my wife and all her friends just love the color and the wood grain patterns. As an avid DIYer I installed the flooring myself and it could not have been easier. The floor clicks together with very little effort and stays clicked. If anybody is looking for a great flooring and great customer service choose cali bamboo."

2015-12-31

"I ordered 600 sq feet of Cali Bamboo's Fossilized Click flooring. It was prepped as recommended and professionally installed. Almost immediately gaps - up to an inch large -began to appear in the floor. Cali claimed itnstallation was defective because out house was "too dry;" we installed a humidifier and no change to the gaps. Cali's solution? They offered to give me "a few boxes" of free flooring - hardly helpful My complaint has turned out to be similar to others. I think bamboo wood flooring should not be sold in "click" form in general, and I think Cali Bamboo grossly underestimates the amount of time it takes to acclimate its product. Another homeowner who installed this in my town had the same problem. Not only did Cali Bamboo not replace the floor, but it continues to ignore the huge installation costs I have incurred. Do not buy this product and do not expect help from Cali Bamboo if something goes wrong with your floor."

Share Cali Bamboo's store rating

Cali Bamboo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cali Bamboo is not a merchant member
Cali Bamboo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!