Stores > Cabela's

Product & services pricing Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cabela's by clicking a star below.
2017-12-13

"Your order has been cancelled."

""Your order has been cancelled." Cabela's needs to update their online ordering system. They (as with many other websites) should connect the ordering to the stock on hand and not allow sales they cannot fulfill. Bad customer service. I won't be looking to them first for any future purchases."

2017-12-08

NOPE

"I made and order on the Cabela’s Canadian website the same day I made and order on wish.com (where the stuff is coming from China) and received my order from wish and still no Cabela’s order. I also ordered a sweater and a blanket, the blanket said on back order, whatever no rush it wasn’t a Christmas gift as the sweater was. A week passed by and I received no email stating it was processed so I called and was told the sweater was also on back order.(was not stated when I purchased ) so there goes that Christmas gift. Never ever will I order of this site again. "

2017-12-05

MY ORDER CANCELLED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION OR A REASON! OOPS THEY DID IT AGAIN!

"Early yesterday morning I ordered a men's CAMO shirt. I received confirmation and an order #. This evening I checked on order status only to find out order was cancelled. No reason given,nor was i phoned or emailed about the cancelation. These people are not on the ball! They wasted no time charging my credit card.
Dec 6th I ordered same shirt in a different size. Order was confirmed. Item was in stock. I checkedf status of
new order Dec 9th and found out that this new ordered was cancelled because of inventory deficiency??
Learned my lesson , will not ever buy from Cabela's again!

2017-12-01

Shipping is terrible

"Ordered a fishing pole on Monday and paid for express shipping. Order said it would arrive by Friday. Well today is Friday and the item barely got shipped. Called customer service and explained that I paid for express, all they said was “well they better ship it ASAP! Anything else I can help you with?” Lol like seriously, come on guys. Terrible customer service. Shipping times are terrible despite paying for fast shipping. Dont pay for fast shipping and dont expect for item to be shipped out next business day.

At least I got a good deal

2017-11-30

Rocky Hunting Boots

"I bought a pair of Rocky hunting boots that I only wore 2 days a year (at most). I know they have not been worn 5 times - the shoe strings still look like new. On Monday, the day of deer season in PA, BOTH boots fell apart. The leather portion came apart from the sole on BOTH boots the same day. There was clearly a defect in the boots. When I took them back to Cabelas to get a replacement, they told me it was past the 90 days so I could not return - end of story.

Cabelas is not the cheapest store to shop and I always thought that they would take care of their customers if anything went wrong. Boy was I wrong. The 'customer service' in Hamburg PA could have cared less if I was **** off or not. Not her problem. Store policy was gospel.

Well, was going to buy a new $2,000 hunting blind when I got new boots but needless to say that did not happen. Got the new blind directly from the manufacturer. VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY AT CABELA'S. BUYER'S BEWARE!!!!!!!

2017-11-30

Canceled Order

"I placed and order (248280018) from Cabela’s the day before Thanksgiving when all the pre Black Friday sales were on going. I ordered a bow as a Christmas present (not for me) that was half price.
Then a WEEK (not a day or two) later I was advised that my order has been canceled via email. So I called and was advised that the item was no longer available and that Cabela’s does not substitute items. But that they would sell another bow of equal value for about $150 more than the one I had ordered.
If I was told within 24 hrs. that the item was no longer available then ok. But a WEEK??? I can’t believe that a week is acceptable to this company.
Now all the sales are over and I’ll have to pay $500+ to obtain a similar bow. Of course it will not be from Cablea’s, nor will I ever buy from this Company again. (funny thing is last night ((before I received the email cancelling my order)) I put in “my cart” with Cabela’s a reloading press to buy- not now).
I can’t believe that a WEEK is acceptable to this Company.
So instead of selling me a similar bow for the same price (would not make much) and keeping a customer they lose one forever.

2017-11-29

Great customer service experience

"I had to contact customer service due to an error in the listing for a product I purchased. Customer service promptly corrected the issue and honored the sale as advertised in the erroneous listing. It's sad to see all the negative reviews for a company like Cabela's. In my case, they definitely did their best to keep the customer happy. I look forward to shopping with them again in the future. The price was excellent on the purchases I made and the items were delivered promptly."

2017-11-21

Order cancelled due to not having the product listed on website

"Ordered a Bushnell Trophy 800 Rangefinder that they had on sale on their website on 16 November 2017, received an email on 21 November saying they cancelled my order (order number 248065018) saying they don’t actually have the item. Was supposed to be a Christmas present for my son. I ordered this model vice one from another store that was also on sale because it was a better deal, only now I have nothing and the other one is no longer on sale. I use to purchase almost all of my hunting gear from them but that has now changed. They have lost a loyal customer."

2017-11-20

First time ordering and last time

"Made a 400 dollar order on Nov 1/17. Called Nov 17 and phone representative told me it was all being sent out that day but also mentioned that it wasn't even processed yet. Called four days later and next phone representative told me that only half my order was sent out and could not even answer when the remainder of the order will be sent.
This is the most ridiculous online order I have ever had to deal with and I order from ebay and amazon all the time. I get international orders from Asia quicker than Cabela's.
I would highly recommend not to order from this company as they don't care one bit about their customers and they also don't care to resolve issues. I asked to talk to a manager and the representative told me there is nothing a manager could do for me.
Terrible company and liars working in customer service.
If I had the choice, I would give them zero stars!

2017-11-15

It has all been said in previous reviews!

"Cabelas unfortunately doesn't get it. In this highly competitive on line sporting goods market we need to make the customer experience a good one. Good service, fast shipping, timely notification, and an ability to immediately correct a problem. Unfortunately Cabelas lacks all of these skills. I at unfortunately because they sell good products at good prices. They just do not possess the skills and employees to accomplish online what you find in the store. That will make them the loser in the online market. I highly recommend you purchase in their stores but absolutely avoid any on line purchases unless you like aggregation, grief, and a terribly long disappointing g process. Heed the warning!"

2017-11-05

I ordered fully expecting a timely process, But!

"I placed an order from my Cabelas account on a TC Compass rifle on October 8 2017, today is November 5 2017, as of today still no word of a pending arrival date or even if my order will ever get filled & all after I have contacted customer service 4 times! Their response is, it’s backordered. They have only offered to cancel my order! I have been a faithful customer of Cabelas for several years spending between 35 grand & 50 grand with my Cabelas black card every year. I’m done!!!!
I will never recommend Cabelas for anything

2017-10-28

Next Day Air ???

"We were leaving for Hawaii and I needed new shorts. I waited too long, so was willing to pay extra for next day air. Immediately upon ordering, within 3 minutes, I decided to change the shipping address to my business so there was no chance of not receiving them as there is no one home during the day. Customer service could not help, and transferred me to a Corp. Customer assistance rep. She said she would get it changed. I checked the following day, and nothing had been shipped. I called again and insisted that they had to ship that day, even to the original address and if that could not happen then cancel the order as we would have already left and I didn't need shorts for the winter in Idaho. Nothing happened. A week later I checked and saw that they had just shipped, and to the original location. When we arrived home, a neighbor said she saw the box on the step and picked them up. I called customer service and told them I would still keep the shorts, but thought they should refund my $37 next day air charge. They refused and said they would only refund $23 as that was the difference between regular and next day air. I responded that my order was large enough that it qualified for free regular freight so I thought they should refund the $37. They refused and told me to have a nice day. 25 years of being a customer, and strong Cabelas Visa customer is lost due to that attitude and $14. I'm out period. I'm also dropping the card and have applied for a replacement. I want nothing to do with this company. Have a nice day."

2017-09-19

Waste of time

"Ordered a ladder blind, when it arrived I opened the box and pulled out the parts and realized there were missing parts , I called customer service and the young man said ( what do you want from us we don't carry extra parts, take it to the nearest cabelas(4 hours away) to exchange it, I just wanted the missing parts, or return it, but we are out of stock and won't send you another one, I asked if they could send me one that is close to the one I ordered and I was told no, I said I would send it back and for him to give me the address and I was told to go on line and I could find the address to return it and after they receive it it would take 4 to 5 weeks before I would receive my money back, never again will I buy anything from cabelas"

2017-09-15

Generator purchase

"Ordered a generator with express shipment. It did not get delivered. Three business days after the delivery was supposed to have taken place I called and cancelled the order. Getting my account credited is worse than pulling teeth. I was told that credit was going to be issued that afternoon after agent was able to route item back to shipper with UPS. That never happened. Called two days later and was told that account was being researched. Asked to speak with somebody else and was told it will take six days to get my money back - we'll see.
Don't trust them - will never shop there again.

2017-09-10

Horrible online ordering experience

"Ordered a gun from Cabela's online. Instructions are to pick up at firearms counter. Went to pick up order at firearms counter, took a number, waited. Was told I had to go stand in the firearms checkout line. Waited again. Background check was "delayed." Was called one week later and told it had gone through and I could come pick up my order. Went to checkout counter, guy brings the gun out. I ask if I can also get the rest of my online order (ammo and holster). Was told no, you have to go to customers service for that. Then the guy says he can't give me the gun because the billing address of my credit card doesn't match what's on my drivers license. Never again. I will shop anywhere but Cabela's."

Share Cabela's's store rating

Cabela's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cabela's is not a merchant member
Cabela's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!