2,978 reviews
    1817 42nd St
    Astoria, NY US
    The website is open 24/7 365! Customer Support is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST via Live Chat
    service@buybackworld.com

Customer service: 8.16/10
Return/Replacement policy: 8.39/10
2018-04-18

Very slow

"Takes so long to inspect my Apple Watch 3 and long to get paid not worth it"

Posted Apr-20-2018

“We're sorry you weren't happy with your experience with us on your most recent transaction. We typically aim to process all transactions within a week. As it stands, your device was received on 04/13/18 and your device failed inspection on 04/19/18 due to: Wrong Model. You were then sent a revised offer of $170 in which you accepted on 04/19/18. Your payment was then processed and sent out on 04/20/18 which is one week from when we received your device. We ask that you please allow up to 10 business days for USPS to deliver your check to you. Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.”

2018-04-13

I love it

"I love it. Its cool. I would always come to this app."

Posted Apr-20-2018

“We appreciate your kind words and look forward to hearing from you again soon. Thanks again!”

2018-04-11

Good prices but long wait time

"I received the money for selling my iPhone SE after it passed inspection but it took 21 days to pass inspection. Their website says they do inspection immediately once they receive the phone, usually 2 business days, but once they received my phone it took them 3 weeks to inspect it and once it passes it took 1 day to receive the money because I chose PayPal but I can imagine that if they sent a check it would take another 2 weeks, their website says 10 business days to receive checks. "

Posted Apr-20-2018

“We appreciate you using our services and we’re glad we were able to deliver on all of our promises. Thanks again!”

2018-04-09

Simple and Easy!

"Followed all the directions given. Asked for a shipping kit. Shipped in kit, and it was inspected within 5 days. I was paid out 2 business days later the exact estimate I was given. Would do business with again. "

Posted Apr-20-2018

“Great! We’re happy to hear everything went well and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!”

2018-04-09

Great

"Courteous prompt service. Kept me informed by email. "

2018-04-06

Very SLOW to Pay

"Took a lot longer to get paid than I expected. Had to send multiple emails to get a response and then they blamed it on the storm."

Posted Apr-20-2018

We typically aim to process all transactions within a week, but since your transaction came during an extreme influx of trade-ins there was a delay in receiving your order. As it stands, our records indicate that your order was paid out for the Fully Quoted Original Value of $22.

Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.”

2018-04-06

Service fine but the estimate was terrible.

"I tried to be as honest as I could on the rating the condition of the laptop between Poor/Broken ($45) and Average ($258) - I read both descriptions carefully and yet they still downgraded their estimate from $258 to $100.

According the description/conditions provided by buybackworld, my device MET or EXCEEDED ALL the AVERAGE CONDITIONS and did NOT meet any of the Poor/Broken conditions.

Yet they downgraded my device to Poor/Broken: "You identified your gadget in Average condition, but we found it to be in Poor/Broken condition. Specifically, your item displayed the following: A defective Battery (Condition:Service Battery), LCD compression damaged in the lower right side of the screen and Faded keys (A,S,E)."

Please review a detailed comparison between Average and Poor/Broken condition as described on buybackworld website and you'll see why this was an unjust downgrade in the condition of my device.

Poor/Broken ($45 estimate) --Your device is in this condition if ANY of the following are true:
Average ($258 estimate) -- Your device is in this condition if ALL of the following are true:

AVERAGE: Your MacBook is 100% Functional (**if your device has a functional issue, please see the Poor/Broken condition option)
-- buybackworld assessment: no comment on any of these conditions
-- My device was 100% functional, I was using it up until the day I took it back to a clean install to ship it. So I believed it met the AVERAGE condition as described by buybackworld.

AVERAGE: May have minor damage to the display hinge (opening and closing of MacBook)
-- buybackworld assessment: no comment on any of these conditions
-- My device opened and closed without an issue, no damage that I could see or detect. So I believed it met the AVERAGE condition as described by buybackworld.

AVERAGE: Your device has a working battery and a functional operating system
POOR/BROKEN: MacBook does not power on properly or is missing a working battery
-- buybackworld assessment: "A defective Battery (Condition:Service Battery)"
-- My device had a working battery and a functional operating system. The device did POWER ON and the battery was NOT missing - I had been getting a Service Battery message (the cycle life was still at about 50% so this wasn't critical). So I believed it met the AVERAGE condition as described by buybackworld.

POOR/BROKEN: Any non-functional component, but still powers on (i.e., the hard drive is non-functional, or the keyboard or trackpad are defective, but the MacBook functions otherwise).
-- buybackworld assessment: no comment on any of these conditions
-- My device had all components functioning without issue. So it DID NOT meet the poor/broken

AVERAGE: May display minor display issues, such as dead pixels or screen burn (not severe)
POOR/BROKEN: Display is heavily damaged and/or non-functional
-- buybackworld assessment: LCD compression damaged in the lower right side of the screen
-- My device had no damage I could see on the screen and the display was working perfectly as far as I knew, no missing pixels and no screen burn at all. So I believed it met the AVERAGE condition as described by buybackworld.

AVERAGE: May display moderate to heavy scratches, dents, nicks or scuffs on the casing
POOR/BROKEN: Major physical defects
-- buybackworld assessment: no comment on any of these conditions
-- my device had minor scratches and scuffs on the bottom of the case, and a small dent. So I believed it met the AVERAGE condition as described by buybackworld.

POOR/BROKEN: Any non-functional port
-- buybackworld assessment: no comment on any of these conditions
-- my device had all ports and power connection functioning normally. So it DID NOT meet the poor/broken

AVERAGE: May display moderate to heavy wear on the keyboard and/or trackpad
POOR/BROKEN: Missing/broken backlight on the keypad
-- buybackworld assessment: Faded keys (A,S,E)
-- my device did have faded keys but the keypad was not missing or broken as listed in their condition. So I believed it met the AVERAGE condition as described by buybackworld.

POOR/BROKEN: System fan does not function properly
-- buybackworld assessment: no comment on any of these conditions
-- My device had a working fan without issues. So it DID NOT meet the poor/broken

POOR/BROKEN: Operating system missing or will not boot properly
-- buybackworld assessment: no comment on any of these conditions
-- my device had a freshly installed operating system that was working perfectly and booted properly. So it DID NOT meet the poor/broken

POOR/BROKEN: Any sign of water damage or exposure to moisture
-- buybackworld assessment: no comment on any of these conditions
-- my device did not water or moisture damage. So it DID NOT meet the poor/broken

Posted Apr-06-2018

“We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent transaction with us and want to make it right. As it stands, your Apple Macbook Air Core i7 1.8GHz 13in 256GB A1369 2011 device failed inspection on 04/02/18 due to: Condition Difference A defective Battery (Condition:Service Battery), LCD compression damaged in the lower right side of the screen and Faded keys (A,S,E) and you were sent a revised offer of $100 which you had accepted so your payment was processed and sent out to you.

Please be advised, due to the device requesting that the battery be serviced it was deemed to be defective during inspection which is why your device failed inspection. Since your device did not fully qualify for the Poor/Broken Condition you were sent a revised offer of $100 instead of the Quoted Value of your device in the Poor Condition which would have been $45.

We know we may value devices differently than you that is why we always offer hassle free returns in the event of a return circumstance at never any risk or obligation to you when trying out our services.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

2018-04-05

Easy as 1-2-3

"A friend told me about Buybackworld so I used the website to sell my old phone and it was super easy. The website is very user friendly. If you are not sure exactly what cell phone you have they will even help you identify it and give you the best rate for it. Thank you Buybackworld for making this such a good experience. I will be using your website again and again."

Posted Apr-20-2018

“Thanks for the great feedback. We’re glad everything went well and look forward to hearing from you again!”

2018-04-04

Possible SCAM

"Sent Feb 27, now April 4, they received 2 phones but still no $88 check. No way to contact them. You can track that they got the pkg, but not the check ???"

Posted Apr-06-2018

“We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent transaction with us and want to make it right. We typically aim to process all transactions within a week, but since your transaction came during an extreme influx of trade-ins there was a delay in receiving your order and your order took an additional seven days. As it stands, you were paid out the Fully Quoted Original Value of $88 for your devices. Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.”

2018-03-28

30+ days and yet to receive payment

"I've used other online electronic trade in services with pleasant results however BuyBackWorld is not one I will ever use again nor can I recommend.

Timeline:
02/26/2018 - Free Shipping kit requested
02/27/2018 - Shipping kit sent via USPS (First class)
03/02/2018 - Received kit via USPS (First class)
03/05/2018 - Shipped via USPS (First Class)
03/08/2018 - BuyBackWorld Received item
03/08/2018 - BuyBackWorld email notification - Box Opened
03/15/2018 - Sent email due to order not being processed and status still shown as received
03/15/2018 - Received reply with excuse - recent increase in trade-ins
03/16/2018 - BuyBackWorld email notification - Passed Inspection
03/19/2018 - BuyBackWorld email notification - Payment Sent
03/28/2018 - Writing review

Concerns:

Shipping transit time claim...

With the notification email for the payment being sent, BuyBackWorld claims that checks sent via USPS mail (first class) can take up to 10 business days to receive. This is rather dubious as prior email notifications indicate transit times of 4-5 days for USPS first class. Considering that the USPS states First Class Mail to be a 1-3 business day delivery time right on their website, my opinion is that their claim of 10 business days (14 calendar days) is blatant deception. Likely in an effort to increase their accounts payable term average.

Shipping method...

While I received the shipping kit promptly, I also received a bill and had to pay my carrier due to BuyBackWorld shipping with an incorrect mail classification.

Shipping Kit...

The shipping "kit" box was very flimsy and oversized; as a result, it was very damaged when I received. The protective packaging provided for the device was an undersized bubble sleeve, completely inadequate. Had I not supplemented the provided packaging, I suspect damage to my device would almost be a certainty.

Contact...

No phone number to speak to anyone.

Posted Mar-28-2018

“We're sorry you weren't happy with your experience with us on your most recent transaction. We typically aim to process all transactions within a week, but since your transaction came during an extreme influx of trade-ins there was a delay in receiving your order. Please be advised, you can always Email: Service@buybackworld.com regarding any issues regarding your order. As it stands, according to our records you were paid out the Fully Quoted Original Value of $170. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you again for trying our services.”

Sold 2 IPhones

"I sold 2 Cell Phones to BuyBack. The process went smoothly. They sent me a prepaid shipping container. I sent them the phones.
They deposited the money in my PayPal account. Couldn't be easier than that.

awesome

"they let me know every step of the way and when i wanted an answer i got from them i was very happy."

Selling an Apple watch

"Couldn’t not have been easier! We have sold a lot of products through buybackworld and each transaction is the same...quick, easy and always deliver on the promise!"

2018-03-19

Super easy to sell back my iPhone

"Although they projected I would get $60 back for my water damaged iPhone 6, I still ended up getting $50 which I am satisfied with. Verizon wanted to give me $30 which felt like an insult. The process was EASY!!!!! They sent me the mailing package, I returned it with my phone, they reviewed it, and got back to me. I would use Buy Back World again."

Posted Mar-22-2018

2018-03-14

Its a good service - if you willing to wait

"Submitted my order 2/19 and sent my phone right away. On 2/22 I received the email that they had opened my package. I was thinking I would have my money soon. NO! Just received it today, on 3/14, almost a month after I placed the order. Luckily I was not hurting for the money."

Posted Mar-14-2018

We typically aim to process all transactions within a week, but since your transaction came during an extreme influx of trade-ins there was a delay in receiving your order. As it stands, our records indicate that your order was paid out for the Fully Quoted Original Value of $110.

Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.”

Share Buybackworld.com's store rating

Buybackworld.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Buybackworld.com is a merchant member
Buybackworld.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,440 merchant members.