1817 42nd St
    Astoria, NY US
    The website is open 24/7 365! Customer Support is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST via Live Chat
    service@buybackworld.com

Customer service: 7.46/10
Return/Replacement policy: 7.61/10
2018-09-18

No response

"This website says they pay within 48 hours of receiving your devices. They’ve had mine for a month and I haven’t received any payment or even a response when I contacted them. I’m very disappointed!!!"

Posted Sep-19-2018

“We are currently working with this customer towards a resolution to this issue.”

2018-09-17

No Contact

"Held my phone for two weeks before responding. The button to tell them that I removed activation lock didn't exist. Contacted customer service multiple times and they said they would get back to me. They never got back to me. I opened a ticket on zendesk and still haven't received a response. From my point of view I'm being ignored and they stole my money and my device. I have only ever used buybackworld to sell my electronics and have no intentions of using them again. Will be contacting paypal about the B.S. payment they sent."

2018-09-17

Never can get in touch with them.

"Never can get in touch with them.

They told me my device cannot be activated. I have call Sprint and get verify that device is clear. When try to contact BuyBackWorld via email or chat (waited for 3 1/2 hours before got dropped from list) no luck, never got respond. After they just give you very low amount for your devices.
Never will have or suggest to anyone to have a deal with them.

2018-09-12

Very fast transaction

"I received the return box faster than expected (and had UPS checking my door each day afterwards, though I wasn't ready because my replacement unit was on backorder). Once the unit was sent in, the process was fast and the check arrived quickly. I would use them again."

2018-09-11

Held product till quote expired

"This company will hold your item until the quote expires then want to buy your item at a reduced price"

Posted Sep-19-2018

“We are currently working with this customer to resolve this issue.”

2018-09-01

Scam! Con artists—they take ur phone but do not send you any money

"I sent my phone in 4 months ago and I have not ever received a penny. This is a scam. It would be better to take your old phone to another place... unless you just want to give it away for free. "

Posted Sep-19-2018

“We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent transaction with us and want to make it right. As it stands, your have been emailed regarding your payment due to it currently being sent to you but PayPal stating that the status of your payment as "Unclaimed Funds". We ask that you please contact PayPal Customer Support directly to claim your funds and if you need any additional assistance that you please send us an email at service@buybackworld.com or visit us in our Live Chat. Thank you again for using our services and we hope to hear back from you again in the future.”

2018-08-31

Very poor service

"I am wait8ng to get the orig8nal item back from them. I refused their “ scrap” offer, and yet they ignored that. Sent 5.00 to PayPal which I have had refunded to them and I have yet to see or hear when my 4th generation IPAD in its original box will be returned. I was a return customer ove4 the years but this is the worst customer service I have ever encountered... my advice . STAY AWAY FROM THEM ..if I could give them no stars I would"

Posted Sep-18-2018

“We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent transaction with us and want to make it right. As it stands, your Apple iPad device failed inspection on 08/22/18 due to it being iCloud Locked. You were sent emails regarding this multiple times and one week after the initial failed inspection email was sent to you your device was processed at the revised rate of $5 and your payment was sent to you via PayPal. You had contacted us regarding this transaction and we asked that you please refund the payment and your device can be returned to you. Once your payment had been refunded your device was returned to you on 09/04/18 via USPS Tracking Number: 9400111699000436320123. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon!”

2018-08-30

Can't pry a check out of them.

"Getting a box was easy and getting the device back to them was easy.

They opened my box a month ago and I have followed up four different times to get them to "review it within two business days." I have been escalated to a supervisor. That was four days ago now. Bottom line is that they do not review your devices in a prompt manner and since they have your device, you cannot take it elsewhere. I have sold to them before, and it typically took one follow up email, but not four!

This is still not resolved, so take your device, and your business, somewhere else.

Posted Sep-18-2018

“We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent transaction with us and want to make it right. We apologize about the extreme delay regarding the completion of your order. This is due to an influx of orders being received at our facility along with us currently being in transition to a new facility that has caused all of this lag regarding the updates for your order. As it stands, your check has been sent out to you on 09/14/18 and should arrive to you by 09/28/18. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences caused during your order with us and we hope that you give us another chance in the future to show you the great services that we can provide to you. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon.”

2018-08-29

Great

"Took awhile but great people to talk to"

2018-08-29

Good start

"The process started great and smoothly. It was easy and simple. Well now they received my 3 old phones over a month ago and i haven't heard anything. No update, no kind of email saying their swamped and there may be a delay. Just nothing im disappointed "

2018-08-28

Worst Processing Time

"I am beyond frustrated! 8/9/18-Buybackworld received my item(Applewatch Series 2)
8/10/18-I received an email that the QC inspection would begin. 8/20/18-I received an email that the activation lock needed to be removed..I removed the same day and emailed customer service advising as such.
Today 8/28/18..almost 3 weeks later no status change other than "box received" and no response from customer service on when this process will be completed!! Never again will I use Buybackworld. I've used multiple online resellers and the turnaround was a week or less once they received the item.....I was told this would be ESCALATED to A supervisor. It has now been a month and no one is answering of my emails or responding to my CHAT Requests! This is so unprofessional..I just want my MONEY or send my watch BACK!!!
HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! DON'T USE BUYBACKWORLD!

Posted Sep-18-2018

“We're sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your recent transaction with us and want to make it right. We apologize about the extreme delay regarding the completion of your order. This is due to an influx of orders being received at our facility along with us currently being in transition to a new facility that has caused all of this lag regarding the updates for your order. As it stands, your Apple Watch device was returned to you on 09/14/18 and is currently on it's way to be returned to you. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences caused during your order with us and we hope that you give us another chance in the future to show you the great services that we can provide to you. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon.”

2018-08-27

Excellent Service

"Buybackworld is simple and easy to do. All I did was get a quote. They sent me a prepaid envelope. I sent them my phone. 2-3 business days later I had $120.00 in my PayPal account. It was perfect and easy. "

Posted Aug-28-2018

“We appreciate you using our services and we’re glad we were able to deliver on all of our promises. Thanks again!”

2018-08-25

Ipod buy-back

"I have already recommended Buybackworld.com to friends and neighbors, thank-you!"

2018-08-25

Poor customer services

"I had problems with receiving payment for two items I sent them at once. I emailed to no avail. I called the number listed NYC listing several times and ended up sitting on hold for an hour (I have an audio tape of the hold music/automated response for the length of time). NO ONE EVER PICKED UP TO ANSWERED THE PHONE. It took 3 weeks fo them to complete and assessment of 1 of my 2 items that I sent them. I sent more than 3 emails and received no responses. I panicked that I had been scammed. I finally just canceled the reselling of my items and they only sent me back one item. I am still waiting for a response to my email asking when I will receive my 2nd item back. I WILL NEVER AGAIN USE OR TRUST THIS COMPANY WITH MY PRODUCTS. I am one step from filing a police report of theft. If I could vote ZERO stars I would. "

2018-08-24

Exceptional Service

"It pays to shop around. Buyback World offered me more than AT&T, and I was doing an upgrade. We had a second phone to upgrade, and delayed the second phone because we needed to complete the download from the old phone. In the meantime, we found out about Buyback online. We are sold on Buyback, and plan to spread the word."

Posted Aug-28-2018

“Thanks for the great feedback. We’re glad everything went well and look forward to hearing from you again!”

Share Buybackworld.com's store rating

Buybackworld.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Buybackworld.com is a merchant member
Buybackworld.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 4,216 merchant members.