Stores > Bulk Apothecary

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
Voice your opinion! Review Bulk Apothecary by clicking a star below.
2017-11-17

Poor Website and customer service

"There is not enough detailed info on their website about the products they sell. When I contact customer service, I often get no reply. When I contact again asking why no reply, they never quite offer complete info, meaning they don't really answer the question and offer no help to get the answers to questions. I'm done with them."

2017-11-10

STAY AWAY, deceptive & unresponsive company

"SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME & HASSLE - there are a dozen companies that do what they do, only better. Theres a reason they hide their reviews on Facebook and their website.

First, their "multiple artwork version fee" is deceptive - the website says it's $10 when purchasing an item, then later they actually bill you $15 (once you've paid for the labels themselves). They also tried to charge me shipping on these fees, and never responded when asked about already having paid shipping for my actual item.

The worst of it though is their graphics team. I've been in "communication" with Jon Crane, who went completely unresponsive after I provided my artwork. Its been a week and I still dont even have proofs. Their customer service team cannot provide updates on graphics matters, and their graphics team has no customer service whatsoever. In the amount of production time they advertise, I've been waiting on a response. Yet somehow they refuse to accept responsibility or do anything to rectify the order - like refund it at this point, or even explain what's going on to me.

2017-11-01

Stay away !

"Avoid like the plague . We are a growing company that has placed multiple orders here . They changed vendors on a product they had . Which made it different dimensions for the packaging .

Cost us a lot of money for new designs and and caps because they changed it from all previous orders.

When I called they were very rude and wanted to do nothing to make it right or even work with me . They do not care about client retention . As you can tell . Just look at the 1-2 star review average .

Avoid them and go elsewhere.

2017-10-24

Ughhh...

"Products: I bought some m&p soup bases that that is supposed to be SFIC about a month ago, and I wasn't able to go over the details of their packaging until few days ago because I was very busy. Guess what I found, the package said it's manufactured for Nature's Oil, which is BA's essential oil line, I guess they put it on every package because everything I received have that label on it. Anyways, I went back to the website and look for the brand listed on their webpage since they only put "SFIC" letters on it and didn't label it as SFIC brand, the brand name is under BA, and I was like why would you guys even put BA under the name when it also claim its from SFIC? but I should of read more thoroughly and carefully, so I blame myself half of it.
I bought some lotion base and shampoo base that are suppose to be under the Stephenson brand, the shampoo is okay but I don't know if I should continue, and the lotion is very liquidy and it appeared to be white until you rub it for a long time to get it to disappeared.
And I also bought the zinc oxide from them, which appears to be Nature's ail brand again, and it said that if I want any uses or recipe, I can go on the the Nature's Oil's website to find out, but when I got there, theres only a page about the zinc oxide, and guess what, it only gives you the the item page to buy the product instead of how to use the product.
Customer Service: I live around 1 hour away from the ware housemate so I decided to just pick it up since my friend also wanted to go to the outlet mall around it. I called them before hand to make sure I can pick them up on time . The person that answers the phone have a whatever attitude, so I was like whatever too: I bought it already, not gonna do much about it.
I went to the front desk in their warehouse, the receptionist didn't have a too great attitude, I was having a pretty good day until then. I was directed to the back door to get my package, the process was not too long, but they just don't have a friendly attitude towards customers.
I just found this website, so I was going through some reviews, it's so true that they don't post negative review, I have seen non bad reviews so far, and in fact, I went on my account, they don't even have my order information listed, neither order status and order completed list anything, so I couldnt post reviews on the website.
Final question: how did they grew bigger and still in business today? They should really change their website and put more product analysis, certificate, and manufacturer's contract on their website to ensure quality and origins because I have no idea what they are selling to me after I received and looked over their package.
Ughhh...

2017-10-10

Gary and Dan Pellegrino have the logistic intelligence of 1 year olds

"5 times they say they it. 5 times they come back and say it will be 2 or 3 weeks. No one can run a business with time lines as bad as this. Gary and Dan, please pull your heads out of your assess. They aren't a hat."

2017-10-10

Very Satisfied

"I received my second order and I couldn't be more satisfied. I have compared them to the Young Living EO's and I don't find any difference that other people are speaking of. I would recommend them highly just for the simple fact that their oils are just as good and sooooo much easier on the budget."

2017-09-26

Horrible customer services

"I've been purchasing from them for almost a year now and things were great in the beginning but now its getting rocky. Customer Services is getting horrible! Reps are very professionally sarcastic and rude. Good luck complaining to management because they will avoid any complaint made. I've been awaiting an item that read in stock when I purchased that turned out to be out of stock and i didn't find out until I received my shipment. I called and was told they were out of stock and would have more in next week. Here it is a month's past and I've been told the same story week after week. There was only one rep who was professional and kind to me and tried to go the extra legnth to help me resolve my issue, she was mysteriously fired the next day. The reps are incredibly rude, mean and
disrespectful. I have called nearly daily to get a status on if my oil has come in and they are now upset that im calling daily. I only call to get an update- i have the right to do so being that ive been waiting a month and the website deceives customers to purchase out of stock items. I have over 200 customers of my own now in back order because of this and I had to stop promoting a specific item because I'm missing the main ingredient. Had they been truthful from the beginning I would have tried to make my own oil or purchase elsewhere. the reps are so rude and uncaring, I'm trying to find a number where I can escalate this outside of the customer service department.

2017-09-19

Terrible Customer Service

"Absolutely terrible customer service. They messed up my order and when I reached out in distress due to an upcoming event, they showed no concern for me as a customer — didn't even offer to express ship the missing items or offer a coupon code for my hassles. I wrote a lengthy review describing my experience with them for their site, but apparently they have to approve them and consequently never published it, making me so angry that I sought out a third-party review site to make sure people know how awful they are.

I will NEVER shop with them again.

2017-09-19

Horrible

"I have shopped here just a bit in the past. NO MORE! I would give a zero but it wouldn't allow it. OLD ADAGE: you get what you pay for. RUDE: customer service. QUALITY: rave reviews on base moisturizers, as an old and long term formulator I tried a couple, cheap quality with fillers and very little actives. If you are an inexperienced newbie starting out on a budget, do your business a favor and don't shop here. Bite the bullet and upgrade to at least decent inventory. Trust me, you will save headaches in the long run. Online since 1997 with a six figure income, I know my stuff ;)"

Missouri
2017-06-21

Not stellar but acceptable for novices

"I purchased over $100 worth of essential and carrier oils. I've since learned that when it comes to these things, it is best to be able to inspect the product prior to purchase. Also, if an offer seems too good to be true, then it's watered down! As is the case with these oils. The 1x aloe vera looks like nothing more than a green tinted bottle of water and maybe a tad of citric acid. The wheat germ is thin and lighter than cheap beer. Citronella and lemongrass smell potent, but don't they always? Cinnamon bark smelled strong and did cause a little irritation when applied straight out of the bottle, but the tea tree and peppermint oils smelled terribly weak compared to pharmacy or even Wal-Mart selections. I sprung extra for the organic versions if they were available. All in all, it wasn't an aweful experience. Delivery was on time and packed well. Hopefully the tea tree, peppermint, lemongrass, and eucalyptus will perform well in my diffuser. "

2017-05-09

Deceptive Description

"DECEPTIVE DESCRIPTION because they think their customers are too stupid to know a difference.

They are NOT accredited with the BBB and have 80% negative reviews.

I ordered the Unscented Basic Hand and Body lotion and the Unscented Heal and Foot lotion. When received, they are in fact all the same base. Reading the fine print is only helpful if you read ALL of the products but since I did not want the massage lotion, I never opened it.

They claim they are the same ingredients but without giving content amount, one could think, as I did, that because these are labeled as different that they in fact would be.

2017-04-28

My mistake

"I have now ordered from them for a few years and for tube mist part i was happy but every time i had a problem they never fixed it knowing this i never ordered less then a month out for what i needed but now even with me ordering a ninth before i needed to have it i still can't get what i order"

2017-04-17

Horrible Customer Service!!

"I also wanted to leave a review but you dont have the option. I'm extremely upset. I ordered the same foaming base I did last month for my scrubs and received a Stephenson melt and pour base. I contacted customer service for them to keep trying to assure me that the packaging was changed and it's the same product but I have to whip it on my own now and when I tried it it's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CONSISTENCY then the last kind I received! I said I was so unhappy with it and it's not what I ordered. Your costumer service is awful. I order from you all the time and the one time my order is wrong all I get is "sorry you're unhappy with your order, I assure you that it's the same product, the photos on the site are misleading!" I'm sorry but if the photos are misleading that's false advertising. Im about to write BBB and report it because I should of been offered a complete refund for the product being different and being told the photos on your website are misleading. I have it all in my emails. I'm a very easy going person, but when someone tells me all that and then doesn't even offer a way to keep me happy other then arguing with me or offer me a refund without me asking for one, that's a horrible way to do buisness! Now I have to send back the products that were wrong in order to get my refund and take more time out of my work day for y'alls mess up and telling me you have a misleading website? I should get the refund regardless. I would never even normally ask for one without returning the product but the way I was argued with and not offered a way to make me happy w/o me asking first, it should be automatic refund!"

2017-01-18

Great First Experience

"Just placed my first order and they delivered it promptly and filled it exactly as ordered. Products were all high quality and packaged in solid containers (aluminum bottles for essential oils) and tubs for lye and coconut oil. Would definitely recommend based on this experience. Just placed my second order."

2017-01-14

Very satisfied

"After 3 orders I have been nothing but satisfied with a Bulk Apothecary's prices, quality of product, shipping times and service. Excellent company."

Share Bulk Apothecary's store rating

Bulk Apothecary is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Bulk Apothecary is not a merchant member
Bulk Apothecary does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!