Product & services pricing 4.69/10
Shipping & packaging: 4.44/10
Customer service: 2.73/10
Return/Replacement policy: 2.22/10
2017-12-15

Oh our site must not be up to date

"Ordered a Cadet heater and thermostat on 12/13/2017 with site indicating 20 in stock. I received an email after processing the order that it would be shipped by 12/18/2017. On 12/15 I receive an email saying there is going to be a delay and the product will not be shipped until January 26, 2018. Customer service representative said oh our site must not be up to date or our shippers are backed up. I don't think you cant get any faster from anyone else anyway. "

2017-12-04

Stands behind their advice and products

"Spent over $10,000 on plumbing and lighting with Build for a complete renovation of a house (taken down to the studs). I had to order all of the plumbing fixtures early in the process so the contractor could have the necessary rough in boxes and materials. This early ordering was on the advice of Build as there was a risk the fixtures that I needed and would go with the rough in boxes may be discontinued or out of stock later. 9 months later the fixtures were actually installed. One of the tub spouts was 3/4" and should have been 1/2" to match the mixer purchased at the same time. This tub spout was purchased in reliance on the advice of Build. Build agreed to make an exception to its return policy even though this was technically outside of their timeline for returns."

2017-11-28

Horrible shipping service and Customer service reps are a joke

"They do not cater to the homeowner when it comes to delivery. The home delivery services they choose are freight companies that do not deliver past 3:00 pm. The customer service rep tried to lie and tell me that the services they choose are the only ones out there that everyone does that. Not true Sears uses a delivery service Need it Now (or something like that) that offers evenings and weekend delivery. They both offer the same appliances, I bought one appliance from each company because of available discounts. Home delivery services are for the homeowner not the contractor who is available business hours. If we are going to purchase your products we have to go to work. That being said I took a half day of work for a 3:00pm delivery. Estes (horrible delivery company horrible service) showed up at 11:00 am. I was not home yet, because they were supposed to be there at 3:00 pm. The driver allowed a complete stranger not listed on the order, who did not answer my door to sign for the oven, without contacting me. My neighbor was being nice but the point is they should have contacted me. The man could have been a thief. This company is irresponsible and just allowed anyone to sign for my $6,000 oven. They do not offer delivery times convenient for home owners, and they apparently cant tell time. This is the service that build.com chooses to provide its customers. "

2017-11-21

Have price errors on site and won't honor it, pretty crappy customer service if you ask me!

"I saw a killer deal on some backsplash tile, so killer, that I thought it was an error. I did my due diligence and reached out on live chat to make sure I was reading it correctly and they told me yes. I placed my order and I received 5 SQ when online it told me I would receive 50 SF. I called and they refused to honor this price. They did refund my money which was nice but what am I supposed to do with 5 SQ of a special order tile?! Ugh, will think twice before ever purchasing from this site again!"

2017-11-05

Liars and super slow on refunds

"We ordered a range hood on oct 19th.It took 1 week just to ship (by freight) which we were told it would be 3 days to ship(liars).It also took 1 week to get it within 60 miles of us.We checked the tracking on it and found it was sitting at local freight warehouse for 3 days.We called build.com,and was told the shipping company estes tried to call us 2 days prior to set up delivery.LIARS,LIARS.There was nothing on our caller id,no messages,and estes also confirmed that they made no attempt .to contact us.Upon talking to Estes (the shipping co.),we were informed that the package was label 300 and some odd lbs.,when it actually weighs about 30lbs.This company will tell you anything you want to hear just to make a sale.Avoid them at all cost.Unless you enjoy playing phone tag games with them and waiting forever to get your product.We ended up cancelling our order and buying elsewhere.We tried to post a similar review on this companys facebook page.When we hit post,it said that they had to look at our review before it got posted.Bet that review doesn't make their facebook page.Go figure.BUY elsewhere "

2017-10-23

ordered some brass door hinges

"Really nice quality. shipped quickly. No complaints"

2017-10-08

Finally a highly competant employee

"After the terrible experience I had with the 13-14 calls to Build com customer service I was put in contact with a Rory Edwards.
Rory was extremely helpful locating the tub and informing me the tub was 338 pounds and not 138 like Caylin told me. Rory
located the correct order number, found out where it was and was able to cancel the orig. order due to the weight being incorrect. Rory called me back several times keeping me informed of the orders progress including locating the correct tub I needed. I can not say enough to praise the efforts Rory went to in solving this problem. Build should use these attributes in Rory to train their lazy customer service reps. I would give Rory 10 stars if it was an option.

2017-10-08

Waiting (still) 4 months and counting for refund! Incredibly poor customer service!

"We bought an expensive microwave on line, that we needed to return. The microwave was returned to Build.com, but they have still, after 4 MONTHS, not refunded our money. Customer service now ignores our calls and requests to review our pending refund. We strongly discourage anyone from dealing with Build.com"

2017-09-26

Worst customer service ever!

"You can't even call it customer service, it's non existent. I sent a question about a product before ordering, got a pretty prompt answer, and placed my order. The agent's answer was incorrect and the product was not what I expected. I tried every avenue possible to reach them for resolution. First tried to reach the original agent via email and voicemail, then reached out to them on their website and also on Facebook. NO RESPONSE! I tried repeatedly. Fortunately, I was able to make the product work, so I just let it go. But then I unsubscribed to their emails, again providing feedback. Emails kept coming. Unsubscribed again, provided feedback, and a month later continue to get promo emails. Seriously, how does this company stay in business?"

2017-09-24

Aggravation

"I ordered five items from Build.com one of which was a two piece kohler toilet bowl and tank, Upon delivery I received the wrong item and color. Had to call for a return, at this point, they informed that my complete order was ready to shipped. Upon calling the company that they sub contract to do there deliveries they informed me that there was only one piece for delivery (bottom of Kohler bowl) I immediately called there customer service department to cancel my second delivery and my complete order. After three weeks and five calls later I still have not received my complete credit. Had to get my credit card company involved to dispute the charges. Keep in mind no reputable company charges your account until items have been shipped, this was not the case with Build.com they immediately charged the account. I also blame myself for not researching the reviews from an independent site, I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation.
Very unprofessional company. Better off dealing with your local building supply store.

2017-08-30

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

"This is the worst online purchase experience I've ever had. I needed a dehumidifier badly. I decided to save a few bucks by ordering from them. Their offer of free shipping said it would leave the warehouse in 2-4 days.

The first problem occurred within hours. My credit card company called me to inquire about strange charges. In my 20 years of using credit cards I've never been the victim of fraud with any of my cards. Now, within two hours of submitting the card number to a company I'd never done business with before, that card was being used to rack up multiple purchases from iTunes. You decide whether that sounds like coincidence. Thanks to Citibank for being on top of their game, nipping the fraud in the bud and cancelling the card.

The next problem occurred 5 days later. I finally checked the status of my order and found that it was scheduled to leave the warehouse in FOUR WEEKS . This was after the website claimed it was IN STOCK! and promised prompt shipping -- I went and checked the page again to be sure and it STILL says that. Had Build.com emailed to inform me of the delay? Of course not! Had they already charged my credit card for an item that would not ship for a month? YES.

Then I find that there's no way to cancel an order online (even with a badly back-ordered item); you have to call. After 20 minutes on hold, the customer service rep reluctantly cancelled my order, after first assuming that I wanted to order a different dehumidifier instead.

Then I get an email stating that it is NOT a confirmation of a cancellation.....they need to check with the warehouse to make sure the order can still be cancelled!

I'm a lousy internet citizen: I never take the time out of my day to write reviews --good or bad. It takes a HORRIFIC level of incompetence to prompt me to action. Hence this review. You've been warned...

2017-08-26

Product not as described and horrible customer service

"The product I bought was not what they described.
In addition, customer service who dealt with my issue was very incompetent, and completely unresponsive! I don't think they care about customers at all. They don't know and understand their products.
Horrible

2017-08-15

NOW I DON'T EXIST!

"Before Build.com bought out Compact Appliance, I had no trouble; but when I recently attempted to purchase a new portable air-conditioner online the same way I purchased one (I've used the heck out of) 4 years ago, they not only say they won't accept my order, but that don't have me on any list of customers from in the past, and that my billing information doesn't match what's on my credit card. TWICE my bank attempted to pay them the money, but each time THEY cancelled the order saying my credit info didn't pass their security requirements (requirements I have already met as recently as February of this year). When I called and talked to one of their "supervisors," he said the e-mail address I've had with Hotmail since 1997 looked "suspicious," and that he could refuse anybody service anytime he wanted to. For the record: I'm one of the first users of Hotmail before Microsoft bought them out, so I had my pick of just about anything for an e-mail address; but if one has already BEEN given service in the past, you can't now come along and deny that person service without serious allegations of discrimination."

2017-07-26

Screwed up my address. Had to move into Hotel

"My package sat at UPS for an extra 3 days because build.com left my apt number off the package. even though I stressed that my address is the address of 1,000 homes and without my apartment number it will NOT be delivered.
I called twice. They are liars saying they put the apt number on. They didn't.
I had to call UPS myself.
I paid $50 extra for 2 day air and my package was at UPS sitting for 5 days.
Thank you build.com. Now I had to move to a hotel until my contractor can fit me in to his schedule for a new sink.
Worst ever! Go anywhere but with build.com. True lying idiots!!!

2017-07-25

The most disorganized incompetent group of people

"Ordered an appliance because we needed it quickly. During checkout I chose the earliest available delivery date. After the order was placed the website said our delivery date was invalid and the item wouldn't even ship for 5-10 business days (it said 1-2 days when I placed the order). Contacted support, they confirmed that it would be impossible for us to receive the item on the requested delivery date. We cancelled the order, they said they might ship it anyway because, I don't know why. They sent us an email saying they had shipped the item and it would be arriving on our originally requested delivery date. We waited all day for the delivery and it didn't arrive, we contacted customer support, they contacted the shipping company, and it turns out the shipping company knew the order was cancelled EVEN THOUGH build.com didn't.

Literally the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

Share Build.com / Build.com Inc.'s store rating

Own this store? Claim your page for free!