Stores > Build.com / Build.com Inc.
  • Build.com / Bui

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.32/10 2.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.68/10 2.68/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
Voice your opinion! Review Build.com / Build.com Inc. by clicking a star below.
2018-01-21

Previously installed and damaged refrigerator

"I purchased a Summit brand beverage refrigerator for our bar for over $800 and opened the package to find it had been previously installed and the bottom of the unit had significant damage. The door couldn’t be installed because of all of the twisted metal and Build.com and Summit both refused to cover the product. I’ve filed suit against them here in local small claims court and we are awaiting the trial date. They have fantastic TV marketing and horrible service after the sale. Buyer beware!
J Bean, TX

2018-01-20

Crappy Customer Service + Never Received Product on Promised Delivery Date

"Package got lost in transit and I will have no use for the product after today.
They will not refund my money.

Customer service is horrible. Joel should find another day job.

It was my first and last time using Build.com.

2018-01-11

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! BUYER BEWARE

"I purchased a Kohler bathtub along with its overflow bath drain. Delivery was set for a specified date and time range. Driver of freight delivery called in 2 hours EARLIER than the arranged time appointment and never came back to make the delivery. I waited all day expecting another attempt for freight to be delivered on the time slot promised. I was on the phone all day with representatives from both Build.com and from their freight delivery partner, A. Duie Pyle, trying to find out the delivery status only to be told AT THE END OF THE DAY that a delivery needs to be rescheduled. I made several complaints including one to the Office of the President at Build.com that proudly claims in their website,"My employees are empowered to handle anything to ensure every customer's satisfaction.” This is a supposed quote from the former president, Mr.Friedland, that is now a borrowed "copy and paste" cheap quote for the current president, Mr. Wheeler.

On the rescheduled delivery, one of the packages came all destroyed (box all opened and squashed with pieces of the merchandise all over the loading truck). I sent another follow up email with picture to the Office of President only to be met with the same apologies and promises to bring this issue up to the appropriate parties. There seems to be a lack of value and acknowledgement of customer’s time. The absence of any kind of compensation offered for time lost and lack of service in delivering product and packaging in good shape clearly speak volumes to negligence and affront to customer service.

2017-12-29

Misleading

"I ordered one bathtub off of this site. The transport company wanted to leave it on a busy highway shoulder. They said they could not get into my driveway. The next experience was, I was ordering a bathtub for $806.06. My husband was waiting on a 5% off coupon. So I decided to do an online chat. The minute the rep went into my cart, the price went up to $931. I asked what was going on, their response was "Our competitors prices went up". So in the 3 minutes we chatted and the item was in my cart. You raise it over $100. I can not do business with a company that treats their customers this way! BEWARE!!"

2017-12-29

The have nearly $6000 of our money and won’t refund

"I went back and forth about a refrigerator I wanted and was reassured it was in stock and more coming in. So we wired nearly $6k and they received it in 24 hrs. Two days later I inquired about shipping and THEN we were informed that the refrigerator was not available. The order was canceled and we have been promised a refund. It’s now been 3 weeks and we have not received a penny back. I’m reading all these reviews and my heart is sinking. It’s just after Christmas and that money not being available for us to get a working fridge has been devastating.

I had a few good experiences with this company so I’m very saddened to have to be in this situation where I have to write bad reviews. All we want is our money back so we can purchase a refrigerator.

2017-12-15

Oh our site must not be up to date

"Ordered a Cadet heater and thermostat on 12/13/2017 with site indicating 20 in stock. I received an email after processing the order that it would be shipped by 12/18/2017. On 12/15 I receive an email saying there is going to be a delay and the product will not be shipped until January 26, 2018. Customer service representative said oh our site must not be up to date or our shippers are backed up. I don't think you cant get any faster from anyone else anyway. "

2017-12-04

Stands behind their advice and products

"Spent over $10,000 on plumbing and lighting with Build for a complete renovation of a house (taken down to the studs). I had to order all of the plumbing fixtures early in the process so the contractor could have the necessary rough in boxes and materials. This early ordering was on the advice of Build as there was a risk the fixtures that I needed and would go with the rough in boxes may be discontinued or out of stock later. 9 months later the fixtures were actually installed. One of the tub spouts was 3/4" and should have been 1/2" to match the mixer purchased at the same time. This tub spout was purchased in reliance on the advice of Build. Build agreed to make an exception to its return policy even though this was technically outside of their timeline for returns."

2017-11-28

Horrible shipping service and Customer service reps are a joke

"They do not cater to the homeowner when it comes to delivery. The home delivery services they choose are freight companies that do not deliver past 3:00 pm. The customer service rep tried to lie and tell me that the services they choose are the only ones out there that everyone does that. Not true Sears uses a delivery service Need it Now (or something like that) that offers evenings and weekend delivery. They both offer the same appliances, I bought one appliance from each company because of available discounts. Home delivery services are for the homeowner not the contractor who is available business hours. If we are going to purchase your products we have to go to work. That being said I took a half day of work for a 3:00pm delivery. Estes (horrible delivery company horrible service) showed up at 11:00 am. I was not home yet, because they were supposed to be there at 3:00 pm. The driver allowed a complete stranger not listed on the order, who did not answer my door to sign for the oven, without contacting me. My neighbor was being nice but the point is they should have contacted me. The man could have been a thief. This company is irresponsible and just allowed anyone to sign for my $6,000 oven. They do not offer delivery times convenient for home owners, and they apparently cant tell time. This is the service that build.com chooses to provide its customers. "

2017-11-21

Have price errors on site and won't honor it, pretty crappy customer service if you ask me!

"I saw a killer deal on some backsplash tile, so killer, that I thought it was an error. I did my due diligence and reached out on live chat to make sure I was reading it correctly and they told me yes. I placed my order and I received 5 SQ when online it told me I would receive 50 SF. I called and they refused to honor this price. They did refund my money which was nice but what am I supposed to do with 5 SQ of a special order tile?! Ugh, will think twice before ever purchasing from this site again!"

2017-11-05

Liars and super slow on refunds

"We ordered a range hood on oct 19th.It took 1 week just to ship (by freight) which we were told it would be 3 days to ship(liars).It also took 1 week to get it within 60 miles of us.We checked the tracking on it and found it was sitting at local freight warehouse for 3 days.We called build.com,and was told the shipping company estes tried to call us 2 days prior to set up delivery.LIARS,LIARS.There was nothing on our caller id,no messages,and estes also confirmed that they made no attempt .to contact us.Upon talking to Estes (the shipping co.),we were informed that the package was label 300 and some odd lbs.,when it actually weighs about 30lbs.This company will tell you anything you want to hear just to make a sale.Avoid them at all cost.Unless you enjoy playing phone tag games with them and waiting forever to get your product.We ended up cancelling our order and buying elsewhere.We tried to post a similar review on this companys facebook page.When we hit post,it said that they had to look at our review before it got posted.Bet that review doesn't make their facebook page.Go figure.BUY elsewhere "

2017-10-23

ordered some brass door hinges

"Really nice quality. shipped quickly. No complaints"

2017-10-08

Finally a highly competant employee

"After the terrible experience I had with the 13-14 calls to Build com customer service I was put in contact with a Rory Edwards.
Rory was extremely helpful locating the tub and informing me the tub was 338 pounds and not 138 like Caylin told me. Rory
located the correct order number, found out where it was and was able to cancel the orig. order due to the weight being incorrect. Rory called me back several times keeping me informed of the orders progress including locating the correct tub I needed. I can not say enough to praise the efforts Rory went to in solving this problem. Build should use these attributes in Rory to train their lazy customer service reps. I would give Rory 10 stars if it was an option.

2017-10-08

Waiting (still) 4 months and counting for refund! Incredibly poor customer service!

"We bought an expensive microwave on line, that we needed to return. The microwave was returned to Build.com, but they have still, after 4 MONTHS, not refunded our money. Customer service now ignores our calls and requests to review our pending refund. We strongly discourage anyone from dealing with Build.com"

2017-09-26

Worst customer service ever!

"You can't even call it customer service, it's non existent. I sent a question about a product before ordering, got a pretty prompt answer, and placed my order. The agent's answer was incorrect and the product was not what I expected. I tried every avenue possible to reach them for resolution. First tried to reach the original agent via email and voicemail, then reached out to them on their website and also on Facebook. NO RESPONSE! I tried repeatedly. Fortunately, I was able to make the product work, so I just let it go. But then I unsubscribed to their emails, again providing feedback. Emails kept coming. Unsubscribed again, provided feedback, and a month later continue to get promo emails. Seriously, how does this company stay in business?"

2017-09-24

Aggravation

"I ordered five items from Build.com one of which was a two piece kohler toilet bowl and tank, Upon delivery I received the wrong item and color. Had to call for a return, at this point, they informed that my complete order was ready to shipped. Upon calling the company that they sub contract to do there deliveries they informed me that there was only one piece for delivery (bottom of Kohler bowl) I immediately called there customer service department to cancel my second delivery and my complete order. After three weeks and five calls later I still have not received my complete credit. Had to get my credit card company involved to dispute the charges. Keep in mind no reputable company charges your account until items have been shipped, this was not the case with Build.com they immediately charged the account. I also blame myself for not researching the reviews from an independent site, I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation.
Very unprofessional company. Better off dealing with your local building supply store.

Share Build.com / Build.com Inc.'s store rating

Build.com / Build.com Inc. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Build.com / Build.com Inc. is not a merchant member
Build.com / Build.com Inc. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!