Product & services pricing 5.94/10
Shipping & packaging: 5.56/10
Customer service: 3.64/10
Return/Replacement policy: 3.33/10
2018-09-21

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

"I ordered a number of items for a remodel including 3 major appliances (refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher). First the delivery service they used for the stove and dishwasher would not bring the items into my home. They left them on the front porch. I complained so much that when the refrigerator was shipped they used another service who did bring it into the house but I've had problems with refrigerator making weird noises. So far repair people have been here once and problem is not resolved. The dishwasher was delivered damaged, this was noted on the delivery receipt. I had some delays in installation (I'm in the middle of a major remodel) and discoved the damage a number of weeks later. Build will not help and just pushes it off to warranty. I will never use them again."

2018-09-15

Shipping was expensive, a nightmare and never showed up

"They used a shipper that doesn't ship residential. What? After my shipment sat at their warehouse for a week, I found out that they were going to hire a subcontracted shipper to deliver it. After getting no firm delivery date, I had to go get it myself. Just goes to show the best price isn't the best deal! Should have paid more and bought it locally. "

2018-08-21

Sink grill protector

"Found the sink gril protector. Cheaper than Amazon. Shipping was good. Received the product as stated."

2018-08-21

build.com experience

"every product ordered was very quick to arrive , from door locks to cabinet lazy susan, returns were very easy ,customer service extremely helpful."

2018-08-20

Love Build.com

"I have been working with Build.com for over 15 years and have been very happy with them. Never had a problem returning a product and if something came damaged they were right on it to send another item. They are happy to help and quick to answer."

2018-08-13

AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!!!

"All I can say is wow what an awful experience! I ordered a dishwasher, had it installed and it wouldn't drain properly so I called and spoke to JR and he told me they would ship out another. At that time, I mentioned the installation fee I had to pay and I was promised my second installation fee would be reimbursed not to worry because they take care of their customers. Okay great so I am partially satisfied because it was only a inconvenience at this point. However, this whole story about we take care of our customers was a big fat lie since now they're trying to say that was never said and I should contact the manufacturer. Too add injury to insult they sent me another defective dishwasher!!! FRANK a manager was extremely rude and condescending and kept talking over me, basically calling me a liar. He also refused to let me speak to his manager. I advised him to pull the call and I am waiting to hear back at this point. I have paid over $250 in installation fees on a $250 dishwasher. Obviously, I will never use this company again and would never ever recommend them to anyone. "

2018-08-09

Buyer Beware!

"I purchased a Ronbow recessed medicine cabinet with stated 4-8 week lead time on 4/9. It has been 4 months and just got another email from Build.com that it has slipped another 60 days....again! I understand the item is special order and I was prepared to wait patiently for the stated lead time. The maddening issue is that each time the item is due to ship, I get an update from Build.com that the item has been delayed another month or two. This has happened 3 times now. More disappointing has been Build.com's response and assistance---pathetic. Each time I call a Build.com representative they tell me they are reaching out to the manufacturer but are not able to get a hold of them. Drywall has been cut, framing in place, but no medicine cabinet. Build.com's latest response is that I will need to try to find a replacement that fits the dimensions. I understand that Build.com is nothing more than a middle man distributor but I figured given the volume of business they do they would look after their customers a little better and step in. Unfortunately it appears I will be left to figure this out on my own time and at my own expense. So disappointing. Likely the last time I use Build."

2018-07-24

Easy Squeezy!

"Ordering from Build.com was fast and easy and my shipping was free. I got my doorknob parts in less time than they said, which was great. Sadly, the part wasn't quite right--it's soooo hard to find the right parts for old double-wides that aren't carried by the places specializing in old mobile home parts. Fortunately, they were very understanding and so very helpful. It was really easy to set up my return and my money was refunded quickly, too! They are the FIRST place to look for that oddball part!"

2018-07-24

Shower door disaster

"I ordered a Kohler shower door which broke in transit and never arrived at my home. Build did not contact me to say there was a delay. I contacted the shipper who said they contacted Build. When I phoned them they apologized and said they would send another right out and I would have in 5 days. When I did not receive it in that time they contacted Kohler and said it was backordered and would be in 3 weeks later. When I contacted them again they told me it was not in and would be in 1-3 weeks later. I asked if they could do something to help me to get a price match from Home Depot as they had the product but it was $125 more. They first ignored that question that I sent by email and when I phoned they said there was nothing they could do about that since the product was discontinued. Upon hearing the word "discontinued" I cancelled my order and placed the order with Home Depot and will have to pay more money for it and delay my job completion. I would not trust Build.com again!"

2018-07-23

Floor tile

"From beginning to end I had excellent service. The tile arrived before they said it would. It was slate, so I anticipated some product damage from shipping. As it turned out there was slight damage to 3 pieces out of 192, very insignificant due to it being very well packaged for shipping.
Customer service was very helpful with ordering.
Overall exceptional experience!

2018-07-18

No stock - when they say they do - Charge your account - then tell you to wait 5 weeks for shipment

"Frequently show items as "in stock" when they are not. This does not stop them from charging your credit card for the full amount then saying they will ship the item (or the balance) in a month....later of course. If you are buying a lot of items as I do, it causes havoc as you have partially filled orders that are fully paid for. Overall my experience in a word is - very frustrating to deal with. Automated, unhelpful responses. Crap service. Will NEVER do business with again. July 5th order date - August 13th, 2018 ship date (at least I think it is 2018...could be 2019). "

2018-07-03

Trying to steal from me!

"I ordered a pan, then found out a few hours later I couldn't move the plumbing as I had planned. It wasn't to be shipped for over a week anyway, so I called and cancelled the order. At this point all looked good, until I saw they kept 61 dollars from my refund. I called back, and was told it wasn't a restocking fee, but she didn't know what it was, and would call me back in 10 minutes. Ya, Right! Of course I have never been called back, and will just pursue this thru my credit card company. I do this for a living, and would have bought many more items from this company, but certainly not now! What a horrible business model, to steal from people who make a change. I sincerely hope they go out of business soon!"

2018-07-02

Return policy **** for projects - wouldn't even let my use return against a new purchase.

"Purchased cabinet hardware. First off - they don't make hinges that match the finish I ordered...spent quite alot of time on the phone and via email trying to find something that would work only to be offered something that wasn't really even close to the finish. My first mistake with them was not returning it then and there - got caught up in my project - went to return hardware and was told 60 days had passed. Still in original boxes, still in plastic bags - wanted to use the return against a new purchase and was told no - well, Build.com - you've seen the last of me. I will let everyone I know to avoid you - spent DAYS trying to find matching hinges with one of their "customer service" reps...don't waste your time with these folks online - they do not care about CUSTOMER SERVICE...if you're a DIY-er, don't get tangled up with these folks...it's a waste of your time and now of my money."

2018-06-25

Perfect

"I ordered two faucets one kitchen and the other bathroom and a vessel sink. They were priced great. They are perfect!!"

2018-06-18

Great experience, Repeatedly!

"We've order various items from Build.com over the years. Tj and the team have always provided great service including better and more cost effective suggestions. They ship the items right away allowing us to stay on schedule with our project. Returns have always been promptly handled and without issue. "

Share Build.com / Build.com Inc.'s store rating