brownells.com

Shipping & packaging: 3.33/10
Customer service: 2.50/10
Return/Replacement policy: 5.00/10
2018-09-06

If you need it, Brownells has it

"I've placed something like a dozen orders with Brownells, and never had a problem. I have had to talk to customer service a few times (not because of anything Brownells did wrong), and they've always taken care of me, which I very much appreciate. While it's true that their prices usually aren't the best, they have so many sales, and put out discount codes so often, that with a little patience you usually don't have to pay full price. Besides, I don't mind paying a tiny bit more to have the peace of mind of their lifetime satisfaction guarantee. The only complaint I have is that when you order something on backorder or as a pre-order, they're terrible at giving you a realistic idea of when the item will actually ship. The answer is almost always 30 to 60 days, or just a flat-out "we don't know". Argh. I don't think that's worth a full star on my rating, but if they could fix that one issue they'd be just about perfect. I won't hesitate to order from Brownells in the future."

2018-08-31

AERO PRECISION - AR-15 GEN 2 STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER, BLACK on Labor Day Sale for $43.99.

"I wanted to purchase an AERO PRECISION - AR-15 GEN 2 STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER, BLACK on Labor Day Sale for $43.99, but only Brownells charges an extra bullshit $10 FFL Processing Fee, plus $9.95 for Shipping... that's an extra $19.95..!! What the hell are they processing..?? Customer Service gave a lame **** excuse that it's a necessary charge... it's only necessary because they want to rip customers off with unnecessary bogus charges. Plus I have to then pay my FFL an additional FFL Fee when I go to pick up my lower... I'll never purchase from this lame as company..!! "

2018-08-18

Brow Ella **** and they know it

"No problem selling items they don’t have in stock but list that it is in stock 8 weeks later still no product ????? Wtf multiple calls to multiple departments noone knows noone cares terrible attitude especially Becky who ever that lowlife is very low moral and most likely iq also ....... **** BEWARE of this place sinking ship no company stay in business long when they treat customers like this way below -1⭐️"

2018-07-09

Deceptive marketing

"I was a long time customer of this company, but that all changed today. I received an email which clearly stated 30% off the entire site, and that the deal was ending soon. I went to the site and placed $250 worth of product in my cart and then looked for a promo code for 30% off. Not being able to find one I contacted Brenda using the online chat feature, and asked what the promo code was for this deal. I was told to call 800-741-0015 to speak with a customer service rep. I then connected Jane with customer service who was of no real help and she sent me to Lainie Fox who I forwarded the email to. Mrs. Fox told me it must be a typo, and that they meant $30 off a $300 purchase, which I pointed out is 10% not 30%. Mrs. Fox said sorry and that they would not honor the 30% off. I feel it is very deceptive marketing to lure you in with a large discount and then bait and switch you to a smaller one. I will no longer be shopping with Brownells and I will be telling everyone I know about my experience. The days of “the customer comes first” are obviously dead for this company. "

2018-06-15

Place a rifle purchase then found all the negative online reviews. Glad I missed them.

"I purchased a Henry rifle on June 12 (First Brownells purchase ever). The price was almost to good to be true, plus a coupon knock the price down another $20. After ton's on online price shopping no-one came close. I pull the trigger and bought it. My brother in law bought a Walther from the Sportsman Outdoor superstore at the same time (I found him the deal). I notice a lot of negatives about that store which prompted me to look up Brownells review. Wow, not a good track record. Honestly, had I read them prior I would have paid the higher price elsewhere. Glad I didn't. I expect Fedex Smartpost slow boat shipping from there to here in Maine. Well, they shipped on Wednesday and It made it to my FFL dealer today (Friday the 15th). In my hands by 4:30. I'm not saying the reviews are fake or wrong but I had to give them their due by writing this review. "

2018-05-25

Customer disservice Millennials take over

"Yesterday I work some items. And yes I made a mistake 3 hours later I called to correct the mistake. 4 hours after that I realized no actions were taken. And the phone lines were down. Luckily they had chat online. So I answered my email address and proceeded to chat with Josh at Brownells. He explained to me that it is too late to change your order. I said I called three hours after my order to correct a mistake. I never got a confirmation email. He said there's nothing I can do it's already in picking stage I ask to speak with the supervisor and he got my number and said she would call me back in the morning. 8 in the morning no call 11 no call. 1130 tracking number was attached to the incorrect order. I spoke with customer service they could not do anything. I talked to the supervisor. She said after it gets so far there's nothing we can do I explained to her the whole situation I said can you just not ship the item cancel the whole order ? she said no. I explained to her after 30 minutes of trying to understand why they cannot just not do something as opposed to do something regardless of it being wrong because the computer says they have to, I told her I am going to go through my whole gun safe shop and garage and return every single item to Brownells I have ever bought. She said I'm going to stop the order right now since you're just going to return it anyway. I was at a loss for words this is the whole thing I wanted her to do since the day before that they explain to me was beyond their control. the one thing that they said they could not do she is going to do out of spite so I cannot return it. I'm still going to return everything I've ever bought that is in my garage in my shop in my gun safe. It's all going back to Brownells. I'm never buying from them again"

2018-05-17

Very disappointed with Brownell's Shop somewhere else.

"The "FFL" that was at the top of the list on the Brownell's website ended up being some random guy that didn't answer the phone and wasn't available for almost a week following my purchase. Brownell's refused to help me with the situation and I ended up having to get a refund. I wouldn't recommend using this site as they are unwilling to help if anything goes wrong with your order."

2018-05-04

Very unhappy costumer.

"Shop somewhere else. I recommend Midway."

2018-03-20

NO LONGER A BUSINESS FOR GUNSMITHS!!! SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!!

"Been with Brownells for over 30+ years. Last 4-7 years has seen a vast decrease in margins for Dealers / Gunsmiths, and an even worse decline in their customer service. AND NOW I get charged a $10 Fee to order anything with a serial number on it??? Brownells now sells to my customers for nearly the same price I pay. They should just call themselves Midway USA II! Lately, I ordered a small order on 3-8-18 and its not expected to arrive until 3-24-18!?!?! I placed another small 2 piece order 3-9-18 and it arrived today, 3-20-18!?!?! WHY the Difference!?!?! Was told on the phone, "we are behind orders 2 weeks right now!", why is there no notice on this time to process change? No I am behind farther than two weeks and look like a fool in front of my customers waiting for their repairs to be done! VERY SAD. CANCELLING AND CLOSING MY ACCOUNT. CAN GET MANY OF THE SUPPLIES ON AMAZON CHEAPER NOW ANYWAY!!!"

2018-03-14

HORRIBLE SERVICE AND SHIPPING

"I ordered some parts on 3-6. the order did not ship until 3-12. the expected delivery is 3-19. Brownells is 3 hrs away. i called about my order and was put in queue, i was 18 in line. i never received a call back. i have been a customer for 20 years. i have a dealer account for 20 years as well. their dealer prices are the same as Midway's everyday prices if not higher. this has all happened since they opened the retail store. customer service is down, prices are up, shipping time is forever. DO YOUR SHOPPING ELSEWHERE, BROWNELLS IS A LAST RESORT."

2018-03-13

Slowest shipping, broken website

"I ordered parts and tools over a week ago. I compared prices, and because Brownells was $6 cheaper on a $100 order than other places online I figured I'd go with them. This was my first experience ordering from Brownells and can honestly say it's probably my last. After a week from placing my order and receiving a confirmation email, I just now received a notification saying my order JUST NOW shipped. So it's been a week from the time I ordered until they even shipped my items. IMO this is way, way below the "industry standard" as I have ordered from big name companies (Midway) or small mom and pops and my orders have shipped same day or at least the next business day.

To top it off, when I was trying to initially place my order via the website it repeatedly rejected my credit card simply saying "There was an error processing your card". After contacting customer service I was told there was a problem with the credit card processing so I asked if I could just complete the order and pay via phone. Their answer? "No, they are all tied together so we can't process any credit cards." This is so far below how a big name company in this industry should operate. Ultra-slow shipping and poor sales processing. Can't say I'll ever be visiting or buying from Brownells again. Sorry Brownells, you had a chance to gain a new loyal customer and blew it on the first impression.

2018-03-10

The worst

"It is 2018 and with online shopping 99% of items they sell can be found elsewhere for about the same price, even directly from the manufacturers. Most places will now be judged and receive return business based on shipping speed. They used to be great but as of around 2 years ago (from when I understand is about when the warehouse moved) it has been awful. Several days to process an order when it used to be out same day. I am ~250 miles North of them in the Twin Cities and for some reason they use FedEx which sends packages 300+ miles east to Chicago. The tracking number I receive from Brownell's is a USPS tracking number which means FedEx is going to pass the item off. Why is FedEx even involved? This is not an isolated incident. As I stated it all started a couple years ago and has happened this exact way with the 4 orders I have placed in this timeframe. Needless to say I am done with this company. 13 days to get a bottle of RCBS cleaning solution is insane."

2018-02-20

3+ Years, 30+ Orders, and THIS...

"I've been a customer with brownells, but they're not the only place I order from (more on that later). I have not had an order cancel that was in stock, I've not had an issue with customer service but I've not had to deal with them much. I see a lot of hate mongering here which is the reason I'm writing this. There is ONE BIG ISSUE that NO ONE TALKS ABOUT, the prices are not usually the best, some considerably higher. I came to see if anyone had experienced the no hassle money back guarantee but it seems like we have a lot of people who went in with a bad taste and found what they were looking for. Automated emails and an expectation for instant credit checks (when FAQs lists "cards charged when products SHIP"), and small tech issues and ignoring apologies. I am glad I don't have to share a sandbox with some of you. "

2018-02-02

Dumbasnails

"Brownells customer service makes McDonald's cs look professional."

2018-02-02

Strike 2! Brownells is OUT!

"Thank God it's not just me. Several months ago I ordered some items, received my email confirmation...and waited. A week later, I called to find out where my items were. They canceled my order. When I asked why the guy had no clue. Customer service clueless. Went to Midway instead. I gave them a second shot today. Got the same email confirmation, but called after 1/2 hour later to question why my checking account had not been debited, but I had a confirmation already. This gal actually chuckled when I said 1/2 hour, "It takes longer than that sir". She was politely condescending and frankly shocked when I told her that I refused to be treated like a child and canceled the order on the spot. Less than five minutes later, Midway had debited my account for the same items, at a better price, and it will ship today! The moral of the story...Skip Brownells and try Midway...or anyplace else

Update. It gets worse. I just received a cancellation notice. The notice stated it was canceled due to being out of stock. So...they either lie about their inventory, because they were in stock when I ordered them, or they lie on their paperwork. The order was canceled by me due to belittling customer (lack of)service.

Share Brownells.com's store rating