Stores > Brownells.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Brownells.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-09

Horrible customer service.

" I got tired of hearing their excuses as to why my firearm had not shipped. I cancelled my order and ruined the idea of getting a food deal on a Bushmaster.

Save yourself the time and trouble and order from the next vendor in line. Pay the extra $50.00 as you don't save anything if you never get your firearm and end up missing out on a great deal in the process.

2017-09-14

My experience was great so far...

"I see a lot of bad reviews here for Brownells which surprised me a bit since my personal experience with them was positive. I have ordered two handguns from them in the last few month and their service was good overall. Maybe not the best service I've received, since I had to call them to verify my info, but after a short chat with one of their reps the rest was smooth sailing. When I order my first gun from them I noticed that the status was "on hold" two days after I placed my order, so I called them to see what's going on. They said I needed to verify my info, since it was my first purchase from them. Being a victim of fraudulent charges before, I don't mind this step, though I would appreciate them calling me first and not the other way around. After that call my gun shipped the same day. My FFL dealer is on their preferred list, so I didn't have to send in any additional docs. My second gun purchase from them was good. They typically have the lowest price on handguns because of their coupons. I was able to use $30 coupon code for the first gun, and 10% off for the second (significant amount). The shipping is free, but they do charge $10 FFL processing fee. I would definitely buy from them again, and if the status on their site says "on hold" I'd just call them to speed things up."

2017-09-13

Zero stars

"I would give brownells a zero if I was able to choose zero. The gun that I ordered was sent to my local dealer GLUED. The dealer of course wouldn't sell me the gun due to it being glued which of course makes sense. He refused the gun and sent it back but this was 3 weeks ago and Brownells still has my 260.00. The story is that it takes 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS to process a return. So, it will be a minimum of 4 weeks of them having my money for something that they sent out as a glued piece. buyers beware!"

2017-08-26

Terrible Customer Support

"They gave me a ship date and a tracking number, so far good to go. Then the date passes and changes to n/a, with a statement that it's being held at the border. I email their customer response number, and get no response. Just a survey about their customer service. What a joke. "

2017-07-15

POOR shipping service.

"I ordered an in stock Taurus 357 model 605 and paid at the time of order with a credit card. The order was placed and a conformation # was given to me. That was on July the third of this year.
Here it is the 17th of July and I still have NOT received the gun. What I have received is a lot of lip service.

2017-02-24

Horrible customer service and they lie.

"I ordered a rifle barrel online from Brownells that their web site said was in stock and then got a email confirmation on my order........i waited over a week for them to email me a tracking number....never got one..i contacted them vis online chat and Kim told me my order was to be shipped the next day.......2 days later i had still not received a tracking number so i contacted them again and was told again by Kim that now my order was "on hold"...They lie, so i asked to cancel the order and was told it was now to late to cancel the order.. Horrible customer service...this item was probably never in stock......I will NEVER order anything from these A-Holes again."

San Antonio, Texas
2017-02-06

Biggest hassle I've ever had ordering online.

"Saw a deal on a S&W M&P pistol for a good price. Also had a coupon for $30 off and free shipping.
Placed my order. Took a while to get confirmation, but when I did they charged me shipping...

I then get a call from someone there wanting to verify my information. Because it's a "high dollar item"... It's $300. That's chump change at this place. But I go ahead and verify my info (reading them off the exact same address on the order). They state it will be shipped out shortly.

Several hours later I check online, and see the order is on hold. I use their chat system to ask why, and I'm told that they need my FFL dealer that is going to receive the gun to call them and verify that it is ok to ship a gun for me to him and for him to give them my order number.

What? They already had his current FFL on file. I'm not going to request he call them and tell them it's ok to ship a gun for me to him. They also charge a $10 "FFL Fee" which is a rip off. No other internet dealer does this. You typically pay a local FFL to handle the transfer, NOT for the shipper to write down in their log that they shipped a gun to someone.

Instead of putting up with all the hassle that no other online firearm transaction has required I just cancelled the order.

Will not attempt to buy a firearm from them again.

2016-09-24

Great place to do business

"been shopping with these guy's for years. Never had any problems. Some time you wait to get a ordered product. No big deal. Great customer service. Tonya Kontz rocks."

2016-03-07

Not a company to do business with

"Placed two ammo orders in November 2014. Nine months later they canceled one order! A year and three moths later they canceled the other order! Why take the order then cancel the order? I had ammo on backorder from Sportmans Guide for years and they deliver the ammo not cancel orders.

I don't need to do business with a company like that you shouldn't either.

2015-12-29

"Brownells blows... terrible customer service. Terrible return process.
Piss poor communication.
Ordered a mesa tactical stock for my mossberg 930 on black Friday (it was on sale), took a week to get it because they aren't open to process orders over the weekend. Got home after work that friday, opened it to find damaged goods. Okay that stuff happens. Proceeded to call the company but it was after 5 pm so they were closed until monday. Sent them two different e mails hoping they would be able to process my return over the weekend, but nothing. Tried their live chat option... they couldn't do anything until monday. Monday rolls around and I get two different e mail responses, one stating return the item as cheap as possible and be refunded the cost of shipping (yeah right, no thanks) the other sent me a return shipping label (thanks!). So I return the item that Monday or Tuesday and according to the tracking number the package was delivered that same week on thrusday. I called to make sure they recieved it and they had no clue. They just told me it takes TWO WEEKS to process returns. Amazon will send a new product with free two day shipping as soon as they see the package has been sent back to them (just for comparison on customer service). So I wait and wait. 12/21/15 I recieved an email with a pdf file that had something to do with my order, I'm assuming they began to process my return? But there were no tracking numbers nothing else telling me they had sent a new one. Meanwhile, for the next week, I wait with false hopes of receiving my gun stock. 12/29/15 I send a reply email to the pdf file they sent. "It's been over a month and still no product. When or will I ever get my gun stock?" They replay later that day: "we're sorry they are on back order. We expect to have them in stock mid January." They never said they were on back order now nor from the beginning did they say we'll just refund your money and order a new one that will be quicker (and they still woild have had them in stock). I ended up paying full price from mesa tactical who has them in stock.

2015-11-30

"Extremely poor customer service. After all the money we spend, I would atleast expect a tiny bit of courtesy. I was placed on hold for like 15 minutes then referred to another person, then once again placed on hold for this time for like twenty minutes before being answered, then place on hold again to be referred to some one else. I just hung-up. It's ridiculous. "

2015-10-13

"Customer service was horrible. they sent me the wrong ammunition, the told me it was my fault and would not send me the ammo I ordered. Gina fro customer service was rude and support was nonexistent. Go somewhere else."

2015-10-01

"Brownells service people are very dishonest. They doubled the shipping amount of the email invoice when I finished the order by phone and told me a backordered item would need my approval to ship when it became available but it shipped anyway. I will never buy another thing from Brownells and advise everyone to avoid them."

2015-07-14

"I have ordered from Brownells many times. Never had a problem. Good company."

2015-04-13

"Piss poor on delivery any more. Paid for "standard" shipping and never got the item. Eventually got that worked out after 11 phone calls and 2 weeks. What an insult. Paid for FedEx ground ("upgraded" shipping, soak you for $15.95 for a 28 ounce item) last week and still hasn't even been shipped. They did send me tracking info. But they haven't given it to FedEx yet. Anymore.... Brownells sucks."

Share Brownells.com's store rating

Brownells.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Brownells.com is not a merchant member
Brownells.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!