Stores > BookByte

customerservice@bookbyte.com

Product & services pricing Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.68/10 0.68/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.23/10 0.23/10
Voice your opinion! Review BookByte by clicking a star below.
2017-12-06

Give me my money!

"They stole my book! Used the book number to return it in excellent condition, they marked it damaged, and didn’t say anything else. I emailed hem and they say it’s a fake copy. Uhm no, I bought it from my school. They refuse to pay me and refuse to return my book. I’m contacting my lawyer. This is the 3rd time they’ve pulled this crap and I’m done!!!"

2017-12-01

SCAM!

"Even though I used ISBN specific to my version of book, they stated my version is an instructor version (which is not) and did not pay to me. Also when I request my book back, they said they're recycling (bulls...). Send it to other firms for less price because what you'll get is ZERO from bookbyte"

2017-11-30

Scam

"They mark books in excellent condition as damaged and do not return books. If your book is deemed as “damaged” they will recycle it which means they pocket your money. Damaged can even mean instructors edition. They do this for all high priced books. Completely fraud. I will be working to get this company shut down!"

2017-11-27

Most Likely, A Scam. Bookbyte Appears To Be a Criminal Operation

"I sent a pristine book that was barely used. I checked my account to find their claim: "Damaged". They did not notify me of anything, the receipt or supposed "damage" of the book. I made sure to take pictures of the book before sending it. Do you think USPS damaged the book? What's most likely?

Further, why didn't Bookbyte notify us? And why won't they send the book back?

I contacted them and they claimed the binding was damaged.

Likely Explanation: Bookbyte scammed us. Basically, they stole this book.

2017-11-09

SHADY SCAM

"They steal your textbook and claim they "recycle it" because it is "unsellable". I sent them a mint condition book and they claimed pages were missing (which was not the case) and would not sent it back to me. I have no doubt they sold the book and made pure profit at my expense. "

2017-10-30

SCAM!

"I am here to confirm what others have experienced. Sold a book back to them in perfect condition (literally no marks, no tears) and never received payment or an email. Had to contact them (through email, because they don’t offer customer service over the phone- red flag #1!) and they claimed my book was not resellable due to damage. I can’t believe this company is still afloat- something needs to be done about this!! In the meantime, I’ll tel everyone I know to avoid this awful company. "

2017-10-04

Never again

"When selling back a used book of course it will not be in perfect condition. I was quoted a few more dollars than my school of which I purchased the used textbook through. Since it was a few bucks more I sent it to bookbyte only to get nothing. I was looking forward to using the check toward another school book. Keep in mind, I send back books used all the time to other companies without any issues. The book was not horrible being I only used it for 8 weeks. I received the textbook with writing, however it was not excessive as they are describing as their reason to not pay me. I highly doubt my school would have sent me the book in the first place if it was in horrible condition as such. Wish I would've just sent it back to where I purchased. Being a college student is already tough financially. Thanks bookbyte ! "

2017-09-25

Bad Company do not use them.

"Wish I would have found this review before dealing with this company. Sounds like their MO is to reject the book so they can resell it without paying. Currently working through a complaint with BBB: https://www.bbb.org/northwest

Business Name: Rentu.com LLC
Address: Salem, OR 97306
Phone: (503) 378-1500

2017-09-19

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"They are liers and theives!!! DO NOT sell them your textbooks as you will never receive any money and they will refuse to send back your book!"

2017-09-19

Textbook Company Scam

"I didn't think I needed to research a textbook company before selling a book to them but I guess I should have. I sold a book (in good condition) to Bookbyte and after almost two weeks of them receiving it I had not heard back so I contacted them and the representative said it was in "processing." The next day I checked my account to find out that the book was listed as rejected due to damage. I sent in a request to find out what the damage was and when I would receive my book back. The representative then told me that my book was flagged as inauthentic and they would not be returning my book nor issuing my payment. This book was purchased through the university. "

2017-09-05

Bookbyte.com is a scam

"I sold bookbyte.com three text books that were all in excellent condition. They paid me for two of them, but stated that the third book was damaged and not salable, and that they would recycle it. I emailed them and requested that they return my book and that I would pay for return shipping, but they refuse to respond. This is what they do; lie and tell you your perfectly good book was received damaged and that they will recycle it, refuse to return it to you, then turnaround and resell it for a profit at your loss. Do not, I repeat, do not deal with this company. They are a scam and will rip you off. Run away as fast as you can. Deal with a reputable site, such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble, whom will return your books if they decide not to buy them, and the shipping is free.This company ****!"

2017-08-20

great site

"every since ive learned about this site ive brought all books for my classes through here, great site"

2017-08-18

Bookbyte Deceived

"I logged on to the website and entered the ISBN from my text book. They approved it and agreed to send me $57.00. Once they received the book, they rejected it as damaged. It was a brand new book. When I asked them to return my book back to me, Rachel, the customer service rep told me they don't return books once they receive them. They shred them or donate them. I was the second owner of the book and it was in excellent condition when I received it and when I sent it to Bookbyte. As I told them, they are going to sell my book to the highest bidder and make a profit."

2017-08-13

Questionable Business Practices

"Ordered expensive textbook even after reading poor reviews on other review sites because most were related to rental and selling books to the company. But they had the best prices, so ordered in the morning, my credit card charge almost immediately but shortly after received email saying book was out of stock. Next day, looking for book again. There it was for sell on Bookbyte for the same price. How many customers buy the same book and wait on credit card to be refunded? Fool me once..."

2017-07-26

Bookbyte..please listen!

"I sent a brand new book and they kept it as damaged..what a scam. I had used them for rentals and this was my first and last attempt at selling. You have ZERO customer service and worse you just don't care that your rating is a 1. Should be a Zero. For all the people who work there and are partaking is this rip off..how do you sleep at night? You will reap what you sow..good luck with that path.

Share BookByte's store rating

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!