Stores > BookByte

customerservice@bookbyte.com

Product & services pricing Rating 0.56/10 0.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.75/10 0.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review BookByte by clicking a star below.
2017-11-09

SHADY SCAM

"They steal your textbook and claim they "recycle it" because it is "unsellable". I sent them a mint condition book and they claimed pages were missing (which was not the case) and would not sent it back to me. I have no doubt they sold the book and made pure profit at my expense. "

2017-10-30

SCAM!

"I am here to confirm what others have experienced. Sold a book back to them in perfect condition (literally no marks, no tears) and never received payment or an email. Had to contact them (through email, because they don’t offer customer service over the phone- red flag #1!) and they claimed my book was not resellable due to damage. I can’t believe this company is still afloat- something needs to be done about this!! In the meantime, I’ll tel everyone I know to avoid this awful company. "

2017-10-04

Never again

"When selling back a used book of course it will not be in perfect condition. I was quoted a few more dollars than my school of which I purchased the used textbook through. Since it was a few bucks more I sent it to bookbyte only to get nothing. I was looking forward to using the check toward another school book. Keep in mind, I send back books used all the time to other companies without any issues. The book was not horrible being I only used it for 8 weeks. I received the textbook with writing, however it was not excessive as they are describing as their reason to not pay me. I highly doubt my school would have sent me the book in the first place if it was in horrible condition as such. Wish I would've just sent it back to where I purchased. Being a college student is already tough financially. Thanks bookbyte ! "

2017-09-25

Bad Company do not use them.

"Wish I would have found this review before dealing with this company. Sounds like their MO is to reject the book so they can resell it without paying. Currently working through a complaint with BBB: https://www.bbb.org/northwest

Business Name: Rentu.com LLC
Address: Salem, OR 97306
Phone: (503) 378-1500

2017-09-19

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"They are liers and theives!!! DO NOT sell them your textbooks as you will never receive any money and they will refuse to send back your book!"

2017-09-19

Textbook Company Scam

"I didn't think I needed to research a textbook company before selling a book to them but I guess I should have. I sold a book (in good condition) to Bookbyte and after almost two weeks of them receiving it I had not heard back so I contacted them and the representative said it was in "processing." The next day I checked my account to find out that the book was listed as rejected due to damage. I sent in a request to find out what the damage was and when I would receive my book back. The representative then told me that my book was flagged as inauthentic and they would not be returning my book nor issuing my payment. This book was purchased through the university. "

2017-09-05

Bookbyte.com is a scam

"I sold bookbyte.com three text books that were all in excellent condition. They paid me for two of them, but stated that the third book was damaged and not salable, and that they would recycle it. I emailed them and requested that they return my book and that I would pay for return shipping, but they refuse to respond. This is what they do; lie and tell you your perfectly good book was received damaged and that they will recycle it, refuse to return it to you, then turnaround and resell it for a profit at your loss. Do not, I repeat, do not deal with this company. They are a scam and will rip you off. Run away as fast as you can. Deal with a reputable site, such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble, whom will return your books if they decide not to buy them, and the shipping is free.This company ****!"

2017-08-20

great site

"every since ive learned about this site ive brought all books for my classes through here, great site"

2017-08-18

Bookbyte Deceived

"I logged on to the website and entered the ISBN from my text book. They approved it and agreed to send me $57.00. Once they received the book, they rejected it as damaged. It was a brand new book. When I asked them to return my book back to me, Rachel, the customer service rep told me they don't return books once they receive them. They shred them or donate them. I was the second owner of the book and it was in excellent condition when I received it and when I sent it to Bookbyte. As I told them, they are going to sell my book to the highest bidder and make a profit."

2017-08-13

Questionable Business Practices

"Ordered expensive textbook even after reading poor reviews on other review sites because most were related to rental and selling books to the company. But they had the best prices, so ordered in the morning, my credit card charge almost immediately but shortly after received email saying book was out of stock. Next day, looking for book again. There it was for sell on Bookbyte for the same price. How many customers buy the same book and wait on credit card to be refunded? Fool me once..."

2017-07-26

Bookbyte..please listen!

"I sent a brand new book and they kept it as damaged..what a scam. I had used them for rentals and this was my first and last attempt at selling. You have ZERO customer service and worse you just don't care that your rating is a 1. Should be a Zero. For all the people who work there and are partaking is this rip off..how do you sleep at night? You will reap what you sow..good luck with that path.

2017-07-10

Horrible Experience

"I returned my rental book via drop box postal office a month before due date. This morning I wake up to a 331.05 charge! Devasted and confused! I felt robbed by this website bettet off customer service did not even try to help me): My bank is currently disputing this company and Im going to BBB! Their polices are crazy and they scam people to keep their money. I would never ever recommend this site or come to this site again. "

2017-06-23

Sold A Book And They Refused To Pay Me Or Send Back Book

"I sold them 2 copies of the same book July 9th, 2017. The books totaled to about $130 in payment to me. The books were in excellent condition with no inside writings or markings or any damaged to the spine at all. This is why I sent it. I work at Chegg so I understand the buyback and resale process. I waited three weeks with no information on the status of my payment. I sent an email. They responded saying that the book had significant spine damage and that it could not be used on their end so they recycled it. I asked for my book back and they said they cannot send it back or pay me. This is a scam because I know what they do with books that they get for free. They resell them theirselves. The highest time to resell is in August and this transaction happened in June so they are stacking up on books to sell and make a profit for their company. Be careful with companys that do not return books based on their judgement. This company is a scam I will never do business with them again. "

2017-06-13

Shady shenanigans

"Prices are good. The company, as a whole, used to be decent. This last experience will be my last with them. Their system had a glitch and it appeared that my order hadn't gone through, so I processed it again. A day or two later I got two shipping confirmations. I emailed that day and was told to just mark one of them "return to sender" and I would get my money back. I did this as soon as I had both books. Fast forward to the end of semester, all other books return before the due date. I get a check, which I had received previously for returning books before the due date. Then I keep getting emails to return the duplicate book. I finally email them and they stated because I sent books from different orders together, the duplicated book was "tagged as a buyback, not a return. So you were paid for selling a book." I told them the printed shipping labels were exactly alike, which is why I put the books together. They said they would not return the book in their system, until they got their $9 check back. They acknowledged that they've had the book, and the error was in the way their system processed the book. I advised them that they had the books, and they couldn't refuse to return a book and make it look like I had it, because of their error. I got the same response...they had to have their $9 back in order to return it in the system. I'm pretty sure this is illegal. After arguing with the lady from the "Collections" dept, I asked for the supervisor because they can't refuse to return the book, knowing they have it, all because of the way their system processed the book. She comes back a few minutes later, and states that it's taken care of now, but for future reference, you can't return different orders in the same box and "I just printed the both labels and they're different." I again stated I had printed both, and since they were identical I put them together to try and save money. Yes, I'm cheap and I do actually try to save money, when able. Also. there are FTC laws regarding having to send stuff back that a company sends out in error. So, in essence, I'm pretty sure it's illegal for them to hold my rental return ransom, due to a $9 check being sent out in their error. Had I not called and argued, I would have been charged $48 for a book they already had and knew they had. While I have had previous, positive experiences with this company, I will not continue to use a company that does this sort of thing.

2017-06-12

AVOID-UNSCUPULOUS RIP OFF ARTISTS!

"sold them a brand new no markings perfect condition book (CD included) -told me it was not authentic-paid me nothing and kept the book. "

Share BookByte's store rating

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!