Stores > BookByte
  • BookByte

customerservice@bookbyte.com

Customer service: Rating 0.25/10 0.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review BookByte by clicking a star below.
2018-01-08

Don’t use this company!

"This company is a complete scam. I mailed them a textbook that I bought new from my university book store and they deemed it an “inauthentic” book. Now they are refusing to return the book or offer me any other options so I am just out the money. The only customer service option is email or social media (which now I see as a giant red flag) and the person communicating with me via email just keeps repeating herself and is entirely unhelpful. "

2018-01-04

Beware!

"DISHONEST company! The first time I had an issue with not being paid for books that I sent in, I accepted it and just assumed that I had made some kind of mistake, even though I am always extremely careful about my shipments. I didn't get paid for a set of books I had sent in. I kept using Bookbyte, but kept a very close eye on them. When it happened AGAIN, I decided to contact them about it. They claim that they didn't receive one of the books I sent them, even though I am 100 percent positive I sent it in a box of four books. They claim they only received 3 of the books. After reading other peoples' experiences, I now realize they are just a dishonest company. Beware!"

2018-01-02

Fraud

"They tell customers their textbooks are inauthentic or damaged when they are not. "

2017-12-28

Horrible Company

"I rented two books for school from this company. I returned the books back to them but they are claiming I did not. I disputed with them several times. They sent me to collections for an outrageous amount over what the books would even cost to purchase. I will never use this company again for anything and I recommend you don't either. "

2017-12-28

This company scams people. DO NOT SELL YOUR BOOKS TO THEM.

"They claimed that they never received the book I sent them to sell even after I sent them a screenshot of the tracking number and proof through USPS that the book had in fact been delivered to their facility. They just stopped replying to my emails and basically stole my book, now it is gone and I will get nothing for it. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!"

2017-12-06

Give me my money!

"They stole my book! Used the book number to return it in excellent condition, they marked it damaged, and didn’t say anything else. I emailed hem and they say it’s a fake copy. Uhm no, I bought it from my school. They refuse to pay me and refuse to return my book. I’m contacting my lawyer. This is the 3rd time they’ve pulled this crap and I’m done!!!"

2017-12-01

SCAM!

"Even though I used ISBN specific to my version of book, they stated my version is an instructor version (which is not) and did not pay to me. Also when I request my book back, they said they're recycling (bulls...). Send it to other firms for less price because what you'll get is ZERO from bookbyte"

2017-11-30

Scam

"They mark books in excellent condition as damaged and do not return books. If your book is deemed as “damaged” they will recycle it which means they pocket your money. Damaged can even mean instructors edition. They do this for all high priced books. Completely fraud. I will be working to get this company shut down!"

2017-11-27

Most Likely, A Scam. Bookbyte Appears To Be a Criminal Operation

"I sent a pristine book that was barely used. I checked my account to find their claim: "Damaged". They did not notify me of anything, the receipt or supposed "damage" of the book. I made sure to take pictures of the book before sending it. Do you think USPS damaged the book? What's most likely?

Further, why didn't Bookbyte notify us? And why won't they send the book back?

I contacted them and they claimed the binding was damaged.

Likely Explanation: Bookbyte scammed us. Basically, they stole this book.

2017-11-09

SHADY SCAM

"They steal your textbook and claim they "recycle it" because it is "unsellable". I sent them a mint condition book and they claimed pages were missing (which was not the case) and would not sent it back to me. I have no doubt they sold the book and made pure profit at my expense. "

2017-10-30

SCAM!

"I am here to confirm what others have experienced. Sold a book back to them in perfect condition (literally no marks, no tears) and never received payment or an email. Had to contact them (through email, because they don’t offer customer service over the phone- red flag #1!) and they claimed my book was not resellable due to damage. I can’t believe this company is still afloat- something needs to be done about this!! In the meantime, I’ll tel everyone I know to avoid this awful company. "

2017-10-04

Never again

"When selling back a used book of course it will not be in perfect condition. I was quoted a few more dollars than my school of which I purchased the used textbook through. Since it was a few bucks more I sent it to bookbyte only to get nothing. I was looking forward to using the check toward another school book. Keep in mind, I send back books used all the time to other companies without any issues. The book was not horrible being I only used it for 8 weeks. I received the textbook with writing, however it was not excessive as they are describing as their reason to not pay me. I highly doubt my school would have sent me the book in the first place if it was in horrible condition as such. Wish I would've just sent it back to where I purchased. Being a college student is already tough financially. Thanks bookbyte ! "

2017-09-25

Bad Company do not use them.

"Wish I would have found this review before dealing with this company. Sounds like their MO is to reject the book so they can resell it without paying. Currently working through a complaint with BBB: https://www.bbb.org/northwest

Business Name: Rentu.com LLC
Address: Salem, OR 97306
Phone: (503) 378-1500

2017-09-19

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"They are liers and theives!!! DO NOT sell them your textbooks as you will never receive any money and they will refuse to send back your book!"

2017-09-19

Textbook Company Scam

"I didn't think I needed to research a textbook company before selling a book to them but I guess I should have. I sold a book (in good condition) to Bookbyte and after almost two weeks of them receiving it I had not heard back so I contacted them and the representative said it was in "processing." The next day I checked my account to find out that the book was listed as rejected due to damage. I sent in a request to find out what the damage was and when I would receive my book back. The representative then told me that my book was flagged as inauthentic and they would not be returning my book nor issuing my payment. This book was purchased through the university. "

Share BookByte's store rating

BookByte is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BookByte is not a merchant member
BookByte does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!