We have detected that javascript is currently disabled. To get the fullest experience from our site we suggest enabling javascript. If you have any issues using our site please contact us.

e.g. Such as Newegg | browse by category or see best/worst

Stores > Best Buy
  • Best Buy

    Hundreds of thousands of Shoppers visit ResellerRatings every month to check out real reviews of shopping experiences before they buy!

    • ADDRESS
      n/a
    •  
    • BUSINESS HOURS
      n/a
      GENERAL PHONE
      n/a
      FAX
      n/a
    • SUPPORT EMAIL
      n/a
      SUPPORT PHONE
      n/a

    Payment options

    • option not available Visa / Mastercard
    • option not available American Express
    • option not available Discover
    • option not available Money Order
    • option not available COD
    • option not available Check
    • option not available Wire Transfer
    • option not available Apple Pay
    • option not available PayPal

    Shipping options

    • option not available UPS Ground
    • option not available FedEx Ground
    • option not available FedEx Express
    • option not available Priority Next Day
    • option not available Standard Next Day
    • option not available International
    • option not available 2-3 Day Delivery
    • option not available Digital Delivery
    • option not available Amazon Prime

    Online Ordering

    • option not available Online Ordering
    • option not available Online Ordering Tracking
    • option not available Secure Order Processing
    • option not available Require User Registration
    • option not available Guaranteed Security

    Other

    • option not available International Order
    • option not available Customer Info. Confidential
    • option not available Customer Support
    • option not available RMA Required
    • checkmark icon Review Guard
    • checkmark icon Notified of Public Replies
  • Review History & Profile See full Rating history

    Product & services pricing Rating 3.09/10 3.09/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.74/10 1.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.34/10 1.34/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.24/10 2.24/10
Voice your opinion! Review Best Buy by clicking a star below.
Rating 2/10
1/5
2018-01-17

Worst customer service

"Purchased Geek Squad coverage which has been okay so far. The issue is in trying to communicate with Best Buy or geek squad. I noticed the address and information they had listed on our accounts was incorrect I attempted to fix this along with some other information and attempted to get an update on a product we were shipping. The app did not work so I called. It took me over two hours I was disconnected each time I was transferred. The direct line into the store transferred me back to a large call center where nobody knew what was going on; I was transferred all over creation and disconnected each time and still have no resolution to either of the issues I will end up just driving into the store to stand in line to correct the account and get an update on the issue. This is ridiculous for what should be a tech service. "



Rating 2/10
1/5
2018-01-13

Over prices all their stuff don’t buy a bad gaming desktop was for 1.2k and I found it for 200 they try and scam you

"Bad they should lower their prices on theor stuff off of their **** is way too over priced lower the **** prices"


Rating 4/10
2/5
2018-01-10

Extended Warranty

"Purchased 2 RCA Tablets and 2 year warranty against breaks (dropping) or spills and everything else. The 1 year warranty for $20 didn't cover enough, the 2 year was $30. Took 1 Tablet in with a cracked screen, they replaced it and then said the Warranty was fulfilled. After just 1 week of having the warranty. They don't tell you that when you purchase the warranty, if they can't fix it and replace it the warranty is done. Was told it was in the email they sent me. Took them 30+ minutes to find it in the email and show it to me. Don't buy the warranty without finding out all about it. "


Rating 4/10
2/5
2018-01-08

La faute du système

"J'ai acheté un appareil photo Sony a5000 chez Best Buy en mars dernier. Le vendeur me pose les questions habituelles auxquelles je suis habituées de répondre (surtout lors de gros achats du genre) : nom, numéro de téléphone et adresse courriel. Il ajoute que la perte de la facture papier n'est pas un problème, le magasin peut la réimprimer au besoin. Ceci me paraît tout à fait normal puisque d'une part, il en va de même dans nombre de magasins de produits et services et que d'autre part, il s'agit d'un endroit qui offre des produits considérés comme technologiquement avancés. Quelques mois plus tard, j'ai besoin de ravoir ma dite facture pour bénéficier de ma garantie Sony. En effet, la caméra ne reconnaît plus l'objectif avec lequel elle est vendue. D'après mes recherches, ce problème semble courant. Qu'à cela ne tienne, je l'aime bien, ma caméra. 


Premier appel chez Sony : nous avons besoin de la facture détaillée. Ne vous inquiétez pas madame, ils peuvent vous la remettre, surtout que vous avez payé crédit. 


Je me rend donc chez Best Buy, où après maintes recherches, je me fais tout bonnement dire par le directeur du magasin qu'ils ne peuvent rien faire. Ils ne l'a trouve pas, c'est tout. Ils ont vérifiés mon courriel: rien. Ma carte de crédit: rien. Pourtant, mon relevé crédit indique clairement la date et l'heure de l'achat... Rien à mon numéro de téléphone non plus.


Je repars un peu déconfite et appelle le service à la clientèle général. On me confirme 2 fois plutôt qu'une que la facture peut être trouvée sans problème, ajoutant que je devrais insister auprès du magasin.


Puisque je rappelle chez Best Buy et qu'on ne trouve toujours rien, je vérifie ma boite courriel. Les geeks n'ont rien trouvés dans leur système alors je le fais pas désespoir. Surprise : je trouve la facture sans problème. Bien sûr, j'aurais dû vérifier une deuxième fois bien avant. Mais la techno girl, ce n'est pas moi. 


En gros, Best Buy vend un produit technologique et propose un service, le geek squad, en étant muni d'un système défaillant qui ne peut même pas retracer ses propres produits. C'est un peu comme si une entreprise de service téléphonique n'était pas capable de voir votre numéro sur l'afficheur, ou que votre banquier ne savait pas additionner. 


Cerise sur le Sunday : quand il ne trouve pas, eh bien c'est comme ça. Aucun dédommagement, rien, pardon madame. Si mes nombreuses années dans le service à la clientèle m'auront appris une chose, c'est qu'on ne laisse pas le client croire que le problème d'une entreprise est le sien. Si on oeuvre dans le domaine de la technologie, l'excuse "c'est le système, ça arrive" devrait être gênante.  Niveau crédibilité, c'est un gros flop pour l'entreprise.
"


Rating 2/10
1/5
2018-01-08

AWFUL PLACE TO DEAL WITH

"TRY TO RETURN A ITEM-WOULD NOT CREDIT IT BACK ON MY CREDIT CARD BECAUSE IT WAS PURCHASED ON MY WIFES CREDIT CARD.TOLD THE GIRL THAT BOTH CREDIT CARDS ARE THE SAME SHE STILL WOULD NOT DO IT,ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER-HE WAS VERY YOUNG AND WOULD NOT HELP ME EITHER.WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN AND NEITHER WILL ANY OF MY FAMILY."


Rating 10/10
5/5
2018-01-08

14th st Union Square #1 service

"Best Buy is #1 not only because of its great deals, but the wonderful people that work at Best Buy going above and beyond everyday to offer great service and advice. Thankyou manager's. Jorge and Adam.and cashier Dashawn your the Greatest "


Rating 2/10
1/5
2018-01-05

Worst customer service that I ever seen!!

"Purchased a new printer from the Best Buy in GulfPort, Ms. Had problems installing. No one would help me setting up. All numbers given where to the Geek Club and they wanted to drill me another A.. Hole with the price of helping me. No customer service on there products what so ever. Do business with American Companies that back there product with service. Stay away from Best Buy!!!!! "


Rating 2/10
1/5
2018-01-03

Appliance install

"Horrible customer service!!! On 12/26/17 Ordered washer/dryer and dishwasher on line to be installed. Web site said could get as soon as 12/28 but in check out couldn't get products installed and delivered until 1/3/18. Washer/dryer had "free" installation. Dishwasher 159.00. Took today off work all appliances delivered. Installation of all appliances not completed. Plumber unable to install dishwasher didn't have parts he needed. He was rude and disinterested in the job. Washer and dryer "not scheduled to be installed" In addition the "free install" on washer and dryer would now cost additional 160.00. I had to reschedule the install and the first available appointment was in 5 days. Talked with 3 different customer service staff none of which could help me. I am returning the appliances and going to buy anywhere else but Best Buy. "


Rating 2/10
1/5
2018-01-03

Would not accept a return for a damaged item during shipping

"I recently (6 days ago) purchased a microwave (WMH53521HZ) that came damaged. BestBuy refuses to replace it and/or install a new one. The door needs replacing at the least.

They seem like they just don't care. I spent 2 hours on the phone, with a manager, and he said that they just could not take the return.

From now on, I will be using BestBuy to view, pre-inspect and physically feel/play with my future purchases before BUYING ONLINE from ANYWHERE ELSE other than BestBuy. Never again!!!

I had to do a charge-back with American Express
"


Rating 2/10
1/5
2018-01-02

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT BEST BUY

"First, I was texting with an on-line chat agent and Sheila Mae O. just kept repeating herself, would not answer my questions, and if you go back and read the saved chat, you will read her condescending and disrespectful tone, that I did not deserve. Then when I called a store manager (as I was instructed) to complain about my on-line experience, the manager David must have trained Sheila Mae, because he was short, unsympathetic with my situation, not customer service oriented, and spoke to me in a manner that made me return $600 in merchandise that I had just purchased. And David did nothing to "make it right" or earn my family's business back. I have been reaching out to Best Buys to complain about David and Sheila Mae O. since December 12th, and was promised a follow up by December 21st, and I still have received nothing. I called again today and was given a website address to complain to. Once I go to the site, I am directed back to the same original number and told to call the store manager. WHICH IS WHO I AM NOW COMPLAINING ABOUT. So how can I be sent back to him? Why does no one at Best Buys take responsibility for bad customer service and instead, just keep sending a great customer like me (I purchased 4 devices in 2 years from you) although I never will again. I figured someone in management, who actually cares, would like to know. And would at least reach out to me to say, "I'm sorry for how badly you were treated.""


Rating 10/10
5/5
2017-12-29

Cyberpower pc

"Bought my daughter's Christmas pc at best buy. The cyberpower pc price for black Friday was less than if bought all the components an assembled it yourself."


Rating 2/10
1/5
2017-12-29

Purchase in 11-11-2017 was never shipped, tried to resolve 3 times, no results

"I made an order on 11-11-2017 for 2x micro sd cards. The order was placed in to "shipped" status the very next day and my card was credited. But, the product never was shipped. Tracking says only the label was printed. I've called support and was told to buy these (at the closest store 50 miles away) and return it when the online order actually ships. I of course did not want to do this, I just want my order shipped from the online warehouse. I've tried their facebook@bestbuy.com email to help resolve this issue. This time I was told to sit tight while they investigate.. this was over a month ago now too. I've also tried the support forums on best buy's own website and have yet to receive any response there in a couple of weeks. I tried their sub reddit, read the rules before I posted, and they removed it.

It is now 12-29-2017 and I still have not received my order, any response or an ounce or remorse in their mistake. I couldn’t even cancel this order online and with no results from support I had to file a credit card dispute. I won’t get my $10 reward back too. But, I have since cancelled all pre orders and moved on.

I was an elite member and now I regret ever ordering anything from this company. Do not buy from best buy.
"


Rating 2/10
1/5
2017-12-28

Don’t try to return anything

"Got a tablet cover as a gift but it was the wrong size. Took it back for an exchange and they would only give me the lowest sale price, which was $20 less than on the receipt! Box Box scam!"


Rating 2/10
1/5
2017-12-28

False advertising

"I bought a TV online thru Best Buy and they promised delivery on 12/28/2017. Now they tell me it won’t be until possibly 1/12/2018. This is false advertising.

They will not cancel the order. I will not wait 2 additional weeks for something they promised to be here today.
"


Rating 2/10
1/5
2017-12-27

Never order from Best Buy ! SCAM

"Order placed Dec 21 for same-day delivery. On December 22 I was notified they were unable to deliver. I called to cancel the order, they refused to cancel & guaranteed to deliver by the 24th. I received notice it would not del until 26. I called back to cancel & was assured it was canceled. I contd to receive notices it was to deliver. Item delivered on 27 & they refuse to refund my money for item! I was on the phone over an hour every time I contacted them ! DON'T PURCHASE FROM BEST BUY ! "


Learn about Our Reviews

Share Best Buy's store rating

Best Buy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!


See all Merchant Members »