Stores > Beachbikes
  • Beachbikes Beachbikes Elite Status

1504 228th St.
      Ste B
      Torrance, CA US
      Note: This is a local storefront
      11am-6pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.15/10 8.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.96/10 7.96/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.38/10 8.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.25/10 8.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Beachbikes by clicking a star below.
2017-11-16

Great Bike

"I was initially going to provide a 3 star rating. I wanted to get a bike for my son (13). He had ridden a cruiser (six three zero bike) over the summer at a relative's but wanted one with speeds. I called and left at least 5 messages. No one called me back. I then did a chat with a representative who was very, very knowledgeable. I continued to have questions and then was referred to the beach bike site as they had more customizable colors to choose from (firmstrong bruiser 3-speed). When we received the bike it was packaged very well. One small scratch on the fender and the seat bolt was missing. I emailed the company and they sent a new bolt mechanism within 3 days. The customer service was great. They need to work on the return call aspect or not have that option available. I since ordered a bike for myself (EvryJourney seven speed) and I LOVE it. Great bike and great company."

2017-11-08

Incredible Customer Service

"I just ordered a bike for my Grandson. I anticipate receiving it in a few days. My experience with Customer Service was far and above any dealings I have ever had! I will definitely order again! I’m so looking forward to getting this bike!"

2017-11-02

Horrible Customer Service AT FIRST- Always a great bike

"I ordered a "Garage Sale" Sixthreezero Touring bike BB11869 and was promised the bike would be mechanically 100% and "rideable" The bike arrived within a week and I am on the east coast. The box was in terrible shape but the bike was wrapped great and found one scrap on the frame and a slightly bent fender which was expected something to be wrong with the appearance as it was a "garage sale item" . The bike was relatively easy to put together but was missing a very important piece which holds the from wheel in place. Without this piece you are unable to ride it! I immediately called the company about the missing part and had to leave a message. I also sent an email with my concerns. No one called or ever emailed. I called back the following day and had to leave a message. Still no returned call. Finally, I called again and was told the lady I wanted touch up paint as the scratch was down to the aluminum and that I needed the missing part as I couldn't ride the bike. I was informed they might not have the part and they are unable to supply touch up paint. Really? I was promised a call back that day which didn't happen! I emailed again, still not response. I called and left a message that their 5 star rating on amazon was about to go down. Guess what? No call again!!!! Well by this time I am angrier than ever. My husband said he could go down to a bike shop and probably find the part and I told him no way that they needed to take care of this and my dissatisfaction grew even more. It's now Thursday and still no call. So I called again. All the lady could say is I'll ship the part out today I am sorry, I am sorry....She said they had problems getting touch up paint and suggested I go to Lowes?!? I even asked for a phone number to call the manufacturer myself. No number was given. After I continued my dissatisfaction, she said she would fedex the part, well that is a no brainer and should have been offered right off the bat. Never once was I asked what would make me a happy customer and it doesn't take much to turn an angry customer arround but that did not happen. The company promises a bell for a rating on Amazon because they like their 5 star status which honestly is pretty clever as some customers think they have to rate them 5 stars to get the bell which that is not the case but what beachbikes.net is hoping their customers think. I went through all this and noting was offered. Great customer service this company IS NOT. I told them they should be thankful for my call as they have a serious issue on their hands when calls are not returned and emails go unanswered. I did receive an email offering a bell or light or basket, a $10 item and I responded with ways they could have made be happy and that I'd like my bell for my review as they promised. I will modify the review once I am able to ride the bike because I have no idea at this time how it rides. I will say the bike looks extremely well made and in good condition seeing it was a "garage sale item. I increased the rating because Claire is trying her best to please but the offers just aren't enough at this stage of frustration. A bell was shipped because I reviewed their company as they promise and received notification it shipped; however still no word on the piece I need in order to ride the bike but she promised it was FEDEXd so we shall see this PM as I have not received notification anything has been sent. UPDATE: well I emailed them again because as of the weekend I had not received the part. I emailed Claire to tell her to just forget the part and refund me $50 and I would go get the part. She emailed me to say the truck didn't bring them the part to mail Friday and she would credit me $50. A few hours later, she emailed me again to say because of everything they were going to refund the bike 100% but it would take 3-5 business days to see the credit. Now that is a company who is really trying to turn things around so once again I have updated my rating in accordance and I had planned on referring this company to other friends who are looking to purchase but I told her she needed to focus on their initial customer service so this would not happen to anyone again. Once again I will update after I see the credit as I have gone from a 1 star to a 2 star and now a 4 star. I will never rate a 5 because of my initial frustration but they have gone that extra mile in the end and I am very appreciative. "

2017-10-27

disappointed

"The bike had a wobbly rear wheel!"

2017-10-20

Incorrectly put together bike caused me serious injury

"I purchased a custom bike several months ago. While riding it one of the fenders fell off, went under my wheel and caused me to get into a serious crash that resulted in an injury that caused me to miss work. I was promised a new fender for my bike, it arrived, and I just opened the box that the fenders were sent in. They’re the wrong color. This is completely and utterly unacceptable.

This company’s lack of attention to detail caused me serious injury and I had to miss work.
The person who put my bike together did it improperly. The fender post / bracket was missing a screw.

All I asked for was a replacement fender. I was told I was going to get an email with a tracking number for the new fender immediately following my original phone call. That didn’t happen. I called and left two voicemails and got no response. I was finally contacted, after calling again the following Monday. I was told, again, that I would be receiving a new fender, in addition to a bell, and a cup holder.

I did not receive a bell or a cup holder, and I’ve just opened the box for the fenders, and they’re the wrong color. My fenders were white, these ones are mint green, which is nowhere close to white.

Additionally, I was refunded $100 to a card that I no longer have.

I would appreciate a shipment with the promised WHITE fender, and would highly appreciate a full refund to a card that I actually have in my possession. At this point, I think I should be receiving a full refund for the bike, which would make up for the several days of work I missed as a result of the injury sustained in the crash that was caused by this company's lack of attention to detail.

2017-09-22

Excellent quality bike!

"I ordered this bike for my wife and she absolutely loves it. It took about an hour to assemble and I found the instructions easy to follow. The quality is outstanding, fit and finish is great. The fact that it has fenders, chain guard and a seat that is really comfortable all exceeded my expectations. Great purchase."

2017-09-15

LOVE IT

"I've had this bike for a couple weeks and I love it! The seat is very comfortable and the ride is smooth. Can't wait to take this up to the lake!"

2017-09-14

We love our bikes!

"We bought a men's and a Women's urban single speed. They are beautiful, comfortable and well made. I'm amazed are the quality and workmanship. Assembly was easy. I made an error on my order and customer service was amazing. The helped me out and had the correct bike shipped that day. You can't go wrong with Beachbikes! "

2017-09-10

Awesome Bike!

"I bought the Women's Around The Block in light plum back in April and I love it! It is super comfortable and perfect to cruise around town. It was super easy to assemble and it's a very good quality bike!"

2017-09-07

Love, Love, Love it!

"I've been looking for a comfy, well made bike for a long time. After reading previous reviews, decided on this bike. I am completely satisfied! Great color, it's a nice smooth ride and well worth the price!!"

2017-09-07

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I ordered this bike for my husband for his birthday. After placing my order I was informed that the bike had been backordered and a glitch in their inventory system had prevented me from being aware of that prior to ordering. Anne from their customer service department was extremely responsive to me and even offered to upgrade me to a 7 speed bike free of charge that could be delivered on time (I declined because my husband really just wanted the single speed, but it was a great gesture!). Each email was responded to quickly! When the bike was delivered, it looked awesome! Each part was carefully wrapped and packed to avoid any damage during delivery and the protective pieces came off early for assembly. The bike was easy to assemble, though you may need a few of your own tools for an easier time. They also offer support for assembly via FaceTime, Google Hangout, or Skype if you'd like to see realtime assembly, you just need to set up a time in advance! After being put together, the bike looks perfect and my husband can't wait to ride it! The seat is comfortable too (at least for our living room trial!)
Great product, great company!

2017-09-06

Excellent customer service.

"Had a minor issue with one of the bikes I purchased but the customer service came through. Very quickly! Pleased with the service. Bikes were absolutely stunning and comfy at the same time!!"

2017-09-05

Awesome Cruiser Bike!

"Absolutely love the mint green cruiser bike! The ride is smooth and comfortable! The assembly instructions sent with the bike were fool proof and made it very easy to put it together. It also seems to be helpful with correct posture. The handlebars align great with the seating of the bike, which seems to make me sit straight up without even noticing. Customer service is outstanding, very efficient and quick! I would recommend this bike/company to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive and fantastic product l. "

2017-09-04

CRUISING THE CRYSTAL COAST

"Love the color. Easy to assemble and ready to ride in no time. I'm enjoying my new transport around Emerald Isle, NC. Gotta go, the beach is calling!"

2017-09-03

Mint Green Machine!

"Love the bike, color and customer service!!"

Share Beachbikes's store rating

Beachbikes is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Beachbikes is a merchant member
Beachbikes participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,474 merchant members.