Stores > Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.
  • Balsam Hill Chr

Product & services pricing Rating 4.97/10 4.97/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.78/10 5.78/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.76/10 6.76/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.91/10 4.91/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
Voice your opinion! Review Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. by clicking a star below.

Love these trees

"I ordered two tress from Balsam Hill a narrow traditional and a realistic full. Both trees are beautiful and well put together. They came with gloves to ensure additional care of your tree. I have never been happier with an artificial Christmas Tree and living in Florida its the closest I can get to a real tree. Thanks Balsam Hill for making my Christmas much more beautiful. "

DO NOT BUY FROM BALSAM HILL

"DO NOT BUY FROM BALSAM HILL! If it was possible to give ZERO stars I would. This company is TERRIBLE and their customer service is the worst i have ever encountered in all of my retail experience, which is extensive. I ordered a tree by phone as it had been sold out on line and I explained that I needed to confirm measurements at home. I was NEVER told of a 30 MIN cancellation window - when I called back to cancel the order 45 MIN after placing it, the representative was rude, condescending, and actually mocked me when I got upset. It took 2 hours, with finally speaking to a supervisor who also refused to cancel the order, and I was forced to accept the shipment and then return it. NIGHTMARE experience. GO ELSEWHERE

2017-12-10

I want to love it, but the top is very very sparce.

"We purchased the 7 1/2 ft Stratford Spruce and a smaller 30" LED Balsam Fir Tabletop Tree. Both shipped very quickly. The smaller tree is amazing. My problem is with the top section of the larger tree. It recommends fluffing it up, but up top.....there's not much to fluff. I love the rest of it, but was very disappointed that there's not much to do to cover the artificialness of the top. I'll keep at it and I'm sure it will look great with the ornaments. "

2017-12-10

Missed the real tree but thrilled to have this one!

"For years a family tradition was to go out and cut the tree for our home. Now both my partner and I are too old to do this but our favorite Christmas tree farm is no more. The Balsam Fir has made me smile. Only regrets is the smell we got from the real tree. Going out and getting a candle to remind us of that smell. Love the thorough instructions and the gloves!! Made putting the tree together so easy. "

Love our tree!

"I ordered the 7.5 foot Frasier fir and we absolutely love it. The quality is excellent and it is well-lit. Everybody asks if it is real. We wanted a wide tree with plenty of room for our ornaments collected all over the world, and this fits the bill. We are very satisfied and expect to enjoy this tree for many years to come. Also, we received it within a week of ordering, which we consider excellent service, especially in the holiday seasonl."

2017-12-09

Poor products. Terrible customer service.

"We bought a 9ft Colorado Spruce 5 years ago, and the lights started going out at year 4 (lights are only guaranteed for 3 years). We loved the tree so much that we bought another one this year and sold the older one to someone willing to spend hours rewiring the tree.

Well, our tree arrived and there were multiple broken bulbs and an entire strand out. Balsam Hill said they could send us a replacement section for the bad section but they are all out of stock. Then they said they would send an entire new tree, but again they are all out of stock. So they said they could send me two strands so I could restrand a $1000 PRELIT tree.

The trees are beautiful but the light quality ****. You would be better off to buy an unlit tree from them and light it yourself. The customer service is terrible and I would stay away from Balsam Hill if I were you. Great marketing. Poor products. Terrible customer service.

Never again...

Very Disappointed

"To say I am disappointed would be a huge understatement. The tree looks nothing like the photos. Instead of "most realistic" they should say "still mostly fake looking." The PVC tips should be nowhere near the outside of the tree, but there they are, mixed in with the PE tips. One of the reasons I ordered an artificial tree was to save on time installing lights. However, I spent far more time "fluffing" my tree than I ever did putting lights on a tree. And, one of the reasons fluffing took so long was that I had to rearrange the lights as I went so that I could spread the branches enough to fill the gaps. I am talking 3+ hours of fluffing, and it still doesn't look great. Another reason for buying an artificial tree is to get a tree with no big gaps! But gaps there are aplenty. Even after fluffing, this tree has five gaps - two where it seems like they did not put enough PE tips on the branch; two where the branches do not hold their positions and rest on the branches below them, and one near the top where they put all of the branches on one side! And about those PE tips - they clearly have a top and a bottom, but whoever installed them on my tree seemed to pay no attention to that. Many of them were upside down or sideways. So, I had to spend a bunch of time twisting them to get the tips facing right-side up. Let's talk a bit more about those lights: the LEDs are not actually colored LEDs - they are white LEDs with colored mini-light covers on them. This means they look a bit more like traditional mini-lights - in other words, the colors aren't as vibrant as true colored LEDs. The greens look especially washed out. If that is the look I wanted, I would have saved $100 and bought the tree with traditional mini-lights. To top it off, 8 of the lights were missing the colored covers, so I immediately had to dip into the spares they sent. The spares are all red and orange, so even though I was missing some blues, and greens, I was stuck using red and orange. The tree already has 3 warm colors vs 2 cool colors, and this just shifts the balance that much more to the warm shades. Not worth the $500+ - not even close."

Very happy customer

"I ordered a fraser fir Christmas tree and wreath. Both look very realistic and the tree provides us with more space as it has a smaller footprint than our previous tree. High quality, was delivered quickly and was easy to assemble. Very happy and satisfied customer. Thank you. - Jim Milani"

2017-12-09

Our First Artificial Tree Ever!!

"Always having real trees, because of having the open spaces to fit ornaments, lights etc. We have been seeking out a artificial tree that fit those needs, and have found one with Balsam Hill. We received our Sanibal Spruce which has all the open spaces needed to hang lots of ornaments, lights etc.. It was very easy to put together, adjust branches, and felt and looked perfect, just like a real tree, but without the watering, and needles dropping, and branches drooping by Christmas.. We ordered the 6 ft. tree, and probably should have gotten the 7 ft. tree, but we placed it on a 8 " stand and it is the perfect height.. No regrets at all on getting this tree... Plus we love the storage bag it comes with!!!

Beautiful Tree

"This year the lights on our tree were not working so we decided to order one from Balsam Hill. The first thing my husband said was they are pricey but when it arrived it went up easy and we love it. The old tree took so long to put up this went so easy and we have had so many compliments on it. We do recommend these trees so real looking. This should be our last tree. "

We are set for the next 20 years

"Our last artificial tree lasted about 20 years and was in bad need of replacement. We looked at local home improvement and department stores and found some cheaper but did not look realistic. We decided to get a 9 foot NORWAY SPRUCE NARROW TREE Candlelight™ LED w/ Easy Plug. We were impressed with the natural look and the quick assembly. It was up in a couple minutes and completely spread out in about a half an hour. It looks great and the "outlet" at the top worked perfectly to plug in our "topper". We anticipate that this tree will last us for the next 20+ years and looking great for many years."

Another Tree for our House

"My wife and I were looking to get another tree and went with Balsam Hill as they have the reputation for the gold standard . We have 4 trees up in our house and the new one from Balsam Hill slim design is amazing easy to put up and unbelievably realistic. Very happpy with it excited about showing it off this Christmas season."

Beautiful tree

"Wasn’t sure about buying on line as my tree is the center piece of the holiday and I needed it to be spectacular. I have a large volume of ornaments which fit very well on the tree. I went unlit as I prefer new lights each year. The tree accommodated my lights and ornaments very well. It met my expectations. Also bought a tree topper that I just love"

2017-12-08

Customer service over internet worked well, over the phone not as well

"So far,I've not been satisfied with Balsam hill tree. I ordered a new tree early November and waited to open it until after Thanksgiving. It has the electrical in the tree trunk and the 1st and 2nd pieces lite up but the third was broke. Called in to the call in center, it was noise and yelling and was told they were celebrating. He told me that I should check every light bulb because one could be loose. I explained to him that Balsam Hill trees didn't work that way. I waited a 4-5 days and nothing happened. I emailed customer service and they were easy to work with. They sent me my return postage through email . They didn't send me a new tree until they got the other tree back. When I received my second tree, the 3 rd level of the tree was broken again. My husband was able to pull the part up far enough to get a connection and it does work but for how long? I ordered a tree many years ago from them and loved it! It looked wonderful. I'm so disappointed!"

New tree new problems

"I was very excited to receive my new tree as my other prelit tree was no longer working. Much to my dismay the tree I ordered had the same problem. The day after Thanksgiving I had another tree that didn’t work and a very frustrated husband. Happy holidays! After troubleshooting and a call to Balsam Hills the new part was ordered.

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!