Product & services pricing 4.78/10
Shipping & packaging: 6.52/10
Customer service: 4.56/10
Return/Replacement policy: 5.04/10

TERRIBLE COMPANY!

"Dealing with this company trying to get a defective section on a $2,300 tree fixed or replaced has been the absolute worst consumer experience I've EVER had!
I've been lied to, told a replacement tree, then replacement section would be delivered to my home within days multiple times, and now, weeks and weeks later, still nothing! The latest is they want me to pay $500 to the shipping company to have the replacement delivered, because I live on a rural property and they say they can't drive into my driveway!! Despite the fact the first tree was delivered to my front porch by the original shipping company at no additional cost.
I've had a dozen calls with Balsam Hill, most of which they conveniently have no record of ..... and now they’ve said maybe they can send me a replacement section in the fall of next year! AND their warranty goes to great lengths to say they change their products often and they aren’t responsible for (won’t warranty) products changed or no longer carried. They go on to say that if you need replacement/repair parts, you are responsible for all of the production costs.....
The most inept, and appears to be unethical company I've done business with. Predicated on my experience, I would NEVER recommend anyone buy anything from Balsam Hill.
Update: Because I have a defective tree that’s not functioning properly and Balsam Hill is refusing to deliver a replacement unless I pay an outrageous fee of several hundred dollars, I gave them advanced warning that I planned to, and now have disputed their invoice with my credit card company. I have just now received a voicemail from them saying because I have turned this matter over to my credit card company, they will not provide a replacement tree and they will not provide a refund.
Is this a company you want to do business with...?

2017-12-11

Don't purchase from them!!!!!

"I have contacted over and over to obtain new bulbs for my tree. Twice they have sent me the incorrect bulbs and charged me for both sets. I have spoken with multiple customer service reps and been guaranteed I am getting the right bulbs. The tree is designed with nice heavy duty bulbs with thick wires. They send you replacement bulbs that will fit in the existing sockets but they are so cheaply made they won't even light up. They are not the same bulbs as the tree was made with. I have been told twice I would receive contact from senior management which they have failed to do. I've been charged twice for bulbs that won't even turn on and no one will help me. I give them exactly the tree that I have and still no one knows what bulbs to send. So frustrated that my tree is incomplete because I can't get good service. Will be turning them over to the better business bureau."

Beautiful, life-like tree

"I decided to invest in a new artificial tree this year and wanted one that looked more real than ones you can buy in the store. We went with our own lights and just ordered a plain tree of the mid-quality range. It is a very full and beautifully shaped tree and is perfect for our needs. It definitely looks life-like, and we have received many compliments on it. The shipping was timely, and the tree arrived well packaged. I would definitely recommend Balsam Hill to anyone looking for a new tree! My only recommendation is that it would be kind of fun if they would include a token ornament - it doesn't have to be fancy - but I think it would be a wonderful way to "advertise" as well as thank the customer for ordering from them. "

Terrible lights

"I purchased 2 wreaths for my double door. One arrived with no problems. The second wreath had issues from the start with the battery operated light strand. I managed to get it to work for 4 days but is completely dead now. I have tried multiple batteries but no luck. After calling customer service, the wreath is out of stock and the battery pack is also out of stock. The representative refunded my purchase price for the wreath but suggested that I go find another battery pack. So, I am stuck with one wreath for my front doors. Will not buy from this company again. "

Love our beautiful tree!

"My husband and I volunteered to put up the Balsam Hill tree at our church and loved it so much we ordered one for ourselves. We love our 7 1/2 ft it even more than the 10ft at church and have many compliments on it. I hope the lights last for years on it because I'm anticipating the tree will be beautiful for years to come. "

2017-12-10

NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!

"Bought what I considered an expensive wreath. You would think that it would last AT LEAST 2 seasons but by the middle of the 2nd season it had died. My husband and I thought it was just the batteries so when the season ended, we took out what we thought were dead batteries and boxed up the wreath (we were gone most of Dec anyway). This year I took it out and put new batteries in it but it is dead. The battery box is corroded even though we had it stored in a dry indoor area. The Customer Service girl was rude, condescending and hung up on me. I was trying to tell her that I had all the original paperwork and there was NO WARRANTY. She told me to go look at the website and it was there. Talk about poor customer service! "

2017-12-10

I wish I could give negative stars...

"I looked everywhere locally for a realistic tree, but couldn’t find one so I ordered from Balsam Hill. It looks like any other artificial tree. The top section is great, but it gets thinner the wider it is and only the tips are realistic. The inside of the tree is that terrible, stringy fabric that falls out everywhere when you fluff it. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. Now I’ve paid hundreds for a tree I could have bought much cheaper elsewhere. This is completely false advertising on Balsam Hill’s part. I don’t understand how they can claim what I got is “most realistic.” Will never trust Balsam Hill again and couldn’t be more disappointed. Also, the gloves they enclose only cover your hands, not your wrists and I broke out in hives fluffing the tree which really makes me wonder what it was sprayed with. Will never order from BH again. "

Love these trees

"I ordered two tress from Balsam Hill a narrow traditional and a realistic full. Both trees are beautiful and well put together. They came with gloves to ensure additional care of your tree. I have never been happier with an artificial Christmas Tree and living in Florida its the closest I can get to a real tree. Thanks Balsam Hill for making my Christmas much more beautiful. "

DO NOT BUY FROM BALSAM HILL

"DO NOT BUY FROM BALSAM HILL! If it was possible to give ZERO stars I would. This company is TERRIBLE and their customer service is the worst i have ever encountered in all of my retail experience, which is extensive. I ordered a tree by phone as it had been sold out on line and I explained that I needed to confirm measurements at home. I was NEVER told of a 30 MIN cancellation window - when I called back to cancel the order 45 MIN after placing it, the representative was rude, condescending, and actually mocked me when I got upset. It took 2 hours, with finally speaking to a supervisor who also refused to cancel the order, and I was forced to accept the shipment and then return it. NIGHTMARE experience. GO ELSEWHERE

2017-12-10

I want to love it, but the top is very very sparce.

"We purchased the 7 1/2 ft Stratford Spruce and a smaller 30" LED Balsam Fir Tabletop Tree. Both shipped very quickly. The smaller tree is amazing. My problem is with the top section of the larger tree. It recommends fluffing it up, but up top.....there's not much to fluff. I love the rest of it, but was very disappointed that there's not much to do to cover the artificialness of the top. I'll keep at it and I'm sure it will look great with the ornaments. "

2017-12-10

Missed the real tree but thrilled to have this one!

"For years a family tradition was to go out and cut the tree for our home. Now both my partner and I are too old to do this but our favorite Christmas tree farm is no more. The Balsam Fir has made me smile. Only regrets is the smell we got from the real tree. Going out and getting a candle to remind us of that smell. Love the thorough instructions and the gloves!! Made putting the tree together so easy. "

Love our tree!

"I ordered the 7.5 foot Frasier fir and we absolutely love it. The quality is excellent and it is well-lit. Everybody asks if it is real. We wanted a wide tree with plenty of room for our ornaments collected all over the world, and this fits the bill. We are very satisfied and expect to enjoy this tree for many years to come. Also, we received it within a week of ordering, which we consider excellent service, especially in the holiday seasonl."

2017-12-09

Poor products. Terrible customer service.

"We bought a 9ft Colorado Spruce 5 years ago, and the lights started going out at year 4 (lights are only guaranteed for 3 years). We loved the tree so much that we bought another one this year and sold the older one to someone willing to spend hours rewiring the tree.

Well, our tree arrived and there were multiple broken bulbs and an entire strand out. Balsam Hill said they could send us a replacement section for the bad section but they are all out of stock. Then they said they would send an entire new tree, but again they are all out of stock. So they said they could send me two strands so I could restrand a $1000 PRELIT tree.

The trees are beautiful but the light quality ****. You would be better off to buy an unlit tree from them and light it yourself. The customer service is terrible and I would stay away from Balsam Hill if I were you. Great marketing. Poor products. Terrible customer service.

Never again...

Very Disappointed

"To say I am disappointed would be a huge understatement. The tree looks nothing like the photos. Instead of "most realistic" they should say "still mostly fake looking." The PVC tips should be nowhere near the outside of the tree, but there they are, mixed in with the PE tips. One of the reasons I ordered an artificial tree was to save on time installing lights. However, I spent far more time "fluffing" my tree than I ever did putting lights on a tree. And, one of the reasons fluffing took so long was that I had to rearrange the lights as I went so that I could spread the branches enough to fill the gaps. I am talking 3+ hours of fluffing, and it still doesn't look great. Another reason for buying an artificial tree is to get a tree with no big gaps! But gaps there are aplenty. Even after fluffing, this tree has five gaps - two where it seems like they did not put enough PE tips on the branch; two where the branches do not hold their positions and rest on the branches below them, and one near the top where they put all of the branches on one side! And about those PE tips - they clearly have a top and a bottom, but whoever installed them on my tree seemed to pay no attention to that. Many of them were upside down or sideways. So, I had to spend a bunch of time twisting them to get the tips facing right-side up. Let's talk a bit more about those lights: the LEDs are not actually colored LEDs - they are white LEDs with colored mini-light covers on them. This means they look a bit more like traditional mini-lights - in other words, the colors aren't as vibrant as true colored LEDs. The greens look especially washed out. If that is the look I wanted, I would have saved $100 and bought the tree with traditional mini-lights. To top it off, 8 of the lights were missing the colored covers, so I immediately had to dip into the spares they sent. The spares are all red and orange, so even though I was missing some blues, and greens, I was stuck using red and orange. The tree already has 3 warm colors vs 2 cool colors, and this just shifts the balance that much more to the warm shades. Not worth the $500+ - not even close."

Very happy customer

"I ordered a fraser fir Christmas tree and wreath. Both look very realistic and the tree provides us with more space as it has a smaller footprint than our previous tree. High quality, was delivered quickly and was easy to assemble. Very happy and satisfied customer. Thank you. - Jim Milani"

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating