Product & services pricing 2.00/10
Customer service: 1.82/10
Return/Replacement policy: 1.00/10
2017-12-17

new Christmas tree

"we were replacing our Family Christmas Tree after 20 plus years and we wanted a European type Alpine Fir-Balsam Hill delivered!!
it was exactly what we wanted and is beautiful!
Online ordering was easy and delivery very fast.Thanks for giving us a beautiful tree.

Crossing Over The Fence To An Artificial Tree

"I have spent hours looking at artificial Christmas trees for the past couple of years. I than go to the Tree Farm our family has been cutting fresh trees down for years and years. Find out I'm just not ready to invest in an artificial tree. Every year I find it a chore to put the lights on the tree. I'm very fussy about light placement and decorations on my tree. So, this year I drug my husband from store to store looking at many artificial trees at different price ranges. He also went back with me to our favorite Tree Farm. The trees were very scarce and we could not find just the right tree. So, days of reviewing trees on line and an order to Balsam Hill for the branch kit (which I was disappointed to find not all the samples where not included in kit). The kit of what it included and the date brought me to "cross over" and place
an order to Balsam Hill for the Woodland Spruce Narrow Flip Tree. Balsam Hill trees as most know are expensive. But, trees have been on sale and the Flip Tree video prompted me to "just do it", as my husband put it. My tree arrived in good time(I did pay the extra to assure delivery in a timely matter). It came before delivery date. The phone salesperson was very nice, reduced my shipping charges and is to credit my account with cost of Sample Kit. My thoughts of the tree: the video of Flip Trees paint a picture which appears much simpler than really is, oh, the Flip part is easy. But, the images of a pretty full tree coming from the box and flipped is in no way the way it looks for real. It took hours to fluff and shape(I could have had lights on a real tree in far less time and like I said "I'm very fussy about light placement). The light placement on this tree is not to my standards. The tree is not as full as I had hoped from picture. But, it does have the shape of a real tree, not perfect as some artificial trees. There is one light out and flashes when replaced then goes out again with several new lamps installed. My husband hopes to correct this. I'm hoping this is not a pattern with the lights. I feel that this tree is overpriced and the flip tree video is misleading. My hopes is for such an investment the tree lasts many years. I have read many reviews about poor service by Balsam Hill(of course after receiving my tree). I hope this is not the case if I need assistance with my expensive Woodland Spruce Flip Tree. Conclusion, I don't think I would purchase another artificial tree again at the Balsam Hill prices. But, we will see as Christmases pass.

Disappointed

"This would have been my 3rd. Christmas with my Balsam Hill tree, when my son put it up not even 1/2 the lights worked on it he worked on it more than 2 hours changing fuses bulbs etc. to no available. I bought this tree for it’s convience of just putting it up and using the remote control to turn it on and off as I am 84 years old and needed the conviencess this tree offered, l certainly expected to get more than 2 Christmas’s from it, it’s back down in the basement, we did call and were told that I was 1 month too late. Just had to get this off my chest as I sit here looking at an empty spot where my beautiful tree should be. Grace M Brennan 6 Abby Road Latham NY 12110 donot remember exactly what day I bought it in 2015 but I am sure you will have that in your records."

Mad as Hell

"I ordered a tree and received an email that my order had shipped. Never received it so I call Balsam Hill and they said it shipped so then I called FedEx and they said they never picked it up. I then find out Balsam Hill never sent it and they are out of stock but Balsam Hill sure was quick to charge me credit card and get their money and I still have no tree! Also Balsam Hill offered to refund my shipping, pretty nice of them considering I already had FREE SHIPPING! I would not recommend buying a tree from Balsam Hill ever!
Larry Yeager
Rew, Pa.

POOR QUALITY AND WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I purchased a $949.00 7.5' Vermont White Spruce tree. It arrived four days ago and the lights did not work. I called and spoke with a tech guy who said that I need a new controller box. I have spent hours on the phone all week long trying to get the controller box. Three days ago I was told that the replacement box would be sent by two day air and that I would have it yesterday. Nothing arrived. I spoke with customer service last night and today and there is NO record of anything being sent to me. I am furious! The customer service reps continue to lie to me. Today I was told that the whole thing is "in review". What is there to review? I have a defective tree two weeks before Christmas and NO ONE at Balsam Hill is doing anything to rectify the problem. I AM RETURNING THE TREE. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND I URGE OTHERS TO BE WARNED."

DO NOT BUY YOUR DECORATIONS FROM BALSAM HILL

"THIS COMPANY IS AWFUL. I CALLED THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE AND CHAT LINE MANY TIMES,SPOKE WITH NUMEROUS AGENTS, I JUST GOT THE RUN AROUND. I PURCHASED LIGHTED GARLAND FROM THEM, THE GARLAND LIGHTS DID NOT WORK. AFTER ALL THE CONVERSATIONS WITH THEIR SERVICE AGENTS I WAS TO RECEIVE A CREDIT TO MY ACCOUNT, THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. THE AGENTS JUST TELL YOU ANYTHING TO GET YOU OFF THE LINE."

2017-12-15

Overpriced tree HORRIBLE customer service!!!

"Just like other reviews say, parts are not available, discontinued , or out of stock.

They are very polite on the phone, however, they won't connect you with a manager and will not resolve your problem.

I am disgusted with this purchase. I will NEVER purchase another Balsam Hill product.

2017-12-14

Buyer beware

"Buyers beware of a bad investment and business practices! My 11 foot Vermont was purchase October 2016. This Christmas an entire section will not light. I am delivered the awful news by their customer service rep (Trevor), the top replacement section is “sold out.” As a consolation, I am offered “string lights” which defeats the purpose of why I bought a pre-lit tree in the first place. Believing I now had a strong case for a replacement tree, I asked for a new tree and was given more devastating news of a lengthy approval process and delivery. Days before Christmas and a home filled with family and friends, I agreed. Afterwards, I am placed on hold again and the customer service rep returns to say the “tree is sold out.” Desperate at this point, I asked for a similar tree as a replacement and placed on hold again. To add insult to injury, I am given the last and final solution by this company’s supervisor (Sara), “We will make one in the off season next fall and send it to you.” WOW! I regret my purchase!

Poor Customer Service

"I ordered a Balsam Hill Tree early in Nov so I would get the one I wanted. It was a good sale at the time too. Double bonus, I thought. I knew that I would not have time to decorate the tree until the second week in Dec. That was when I found that the connector in the top portion of the tree was busted and the lights in the top would not work. I called Balsam Hill's customer service and spoke with a person who didn't speak clearly or loudly enough. We did determine that the top was not fixable and she would send me the plastic part that was broken. At that time, I asked her how I would remove the broken one (it was still jammed tightly in trunk to the top portion of the tree. She said she would find out and put me on hold. Then she never returned and I waited for 30 minutes before I hung up. I then did a 'chat' and found out that my tree had a return/refund set up - first I had heard of that. There was no replacement tree to send to me. Then I asked about expedited shipping if I reordered a different tree. I was told that was available (it wasn't) and when the tree didn't get to me in the specified time, I could request a refund. Not only do I NOT HAVE A CHRISTMAS TREE TO DECORATE, THERE WAS NO 'CUSTOMER SERVICE' TO SPEAK OF AND THE COMPANY'S TREATMENT OR A POOR PRODUCT WAS BELOW PAR. I really was going to reorder another more expensive tree and pay for the expedited shipping BUT EXPEDITED SHIPPING WAS ALLOWED ON BIGGER TREES. Nice to know. My holiday is not totally ruined, but my experience that I was looking forward to purchasing a new Christmas tree from Balsam Hill was ruined. A REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE would have not left me on hold and would have assisted in getting me a tree to me ASAP. "

Frist tree

"I received my first tree was very excited put it together the top had lights busted very disappointed as spent hours getting it perfect, call customer service took a week or so but did get replaced, the only problem is I don’t feel it’s as beautiful as the frist one I got, but customer service was great and I thank you all for your help getting this problem taken care of!"

new home, new tree

"We love our BH fraser fir! It is so realistic that guest will even ask which tree farm we went to! We couldn't be more pleased with our purchase. "

SHAME ON YOU BALSAM HILL

"ORDER NUMBER.... H006459587
I cannot express LOUD enough my disappointment in my experience with Balsam Hill. I ordered a tree on November 27th that was delivered to me with lights that did not work. After doing the prescribed troubleshooting myself I called the company for help. I was instructed to repeat all of the troubleshooting with the Customer Service Rep (CSR) which again produced no results. It was determined that I needed a replacement receiver and that i would have it in 2-3 days. Seven days later the replacement received arrived and much to my dismay this one did not work either. I called the company again and after "troubleshooting" the CSR said that he was going to send me 2 receivers this time. I said if you are sending me two I am assuming you are having issues with your receivers. He said YES, I asked that the receivers be over-nighted since this was now Day 7 with a tree with NO lights. He said YES. Three days later i received an email from Balsam Hill notifying me that the receivers i had ordered were ON BACK ORDER. HMMMMM? I immediately called and spoke to another CSR who apologized and looked to send me a replacement tree however, the one i had ordered was out of stock. He asked if i would like to look to see if my "second favorite tree" was in stock? I said ARE YOUR CRAZY? He then asked if i would like to give it a few days to see if the receivers come back in stock. He felt sure they would but did suggest that i call in a day or two to inquire about the status. Hence today, 2 days later, when i called to inquire only to find out that the receivers are OUT OF STOCK FOR THE SEASON. No email was sent to me or any form of notification. Had I not made that phone call I would have been waiting and waiting for a receiver that would not have been delivered. I want to yell from the ROOF TOP that you company is AWFUL. I want to make sure that everyone knows of my horrendous experience as I sit here on DECEMBER 13th WITHOUT A CHRISTMAS TREE!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU BALSAM HILL.

2017-12-12

Think twice before you purchase from Balsam Hill!

"I should have read other reviews before we purchased. We ordered a pre-lit tree and our initial order contained two bottom halves of a tree. After my husband called to explain our predicament, they FINALLY agreed to send the top half of the tree. Fast forward several days: tree is up and pretty (though not substantially prettier than what I've seen offered for sale @ Costco-especially when you consider the price difference). However, I still have half of a Christmas tree in my entryway. I called the company to ask them to pick up the unused half of the tree. I was told they don't do that & that I should instead donate it (DONATE half of a Christmas tree?!? Absurd.) Alternatively, I was told to retain it "for parts". I don't have the space to store the box until the time I need it for parts. This could be years - or perhaps not, given some of the reviews I have read! These trees are overpriced, and the worst part is that the company openly admits this, if only by the fact that they don't care enough about half of a tree (approx. $400, based on the price of the entire tree!) to try to get it back! If they don't care about getting it back into their inventory, then send me the other half of the tree so that I can donate an ENTIRE tree and bring someone joy this holiday season. As it stands, every time I look at my overpriced Balsam Hill tree, I am reminded of this company's cavalier attitude towards waste and, most importantly, customer service!"

2017-12-12

Do NOT EVER buy a tree from this company.

"Do NOT EVER buy a tree from this company. We had a section. Lights go out the 1st year we had it and they agreed to replace the section. They NEVER did. The next year more lights were out. They still did not send the replacement parts. This year even more sections out. They no longer make the original purchased tree so they agreed to send a new tree that has 2 whole sections out. We are supposed to be receiving 2 replacement sections as of 11/28/17 but NOTHING has arrived. The replacement isn't close to the original tree's authentic appearance either so I guess we received a reject from the factory along with the tree that isn't selling. The worst company that I've ever done business with and the tree was very expensive!!! I'm certain we will not have a Christmas tree this year!!!"

2017-12-12

Best Christmas Tree We Ever Had!

"We ordered our tree in Oct. 2017 and it arrived as scheduled. The carton was taped as if it had been opened and were concerned that it was perhaps a "returned" tree to Balsam. We called Customer Service who assured us that they never resend "returned" trees out to fulfill customer orders and was encouraged to take the tree out to inspect the tree and lights to make sure everything was working properly; they were. We were VERY satisfied with Customer Service and their attention to our concerns.

For one person to "structure" or shape the tree did take quite a bit of time but I am sure it won't take that long the next time we use it. We ordered the 6.5 ft Balsam Fir with LED multi-colored lights. I hope you all enjoy your trees as much as we will ours!

This tree is magnificent, beautiful and better than we even hoped it to be! There are plenty of lights for the size of the tree and nicely spaced. We always knew we would buy a Balsam Hill tree due to their reputation, quality and warranty; I know we will not be disappointed in the years to come.

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating