Stores > Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.
  • Balsam Hill Chr

Product & services pricing Rating 4.97/10 4.97/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.78/10 5.78/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.76/10 6.76/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.91/10 4.91/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
Voice your opinion! Review Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. by clicking a star below.
2017-12-27

Inferior Product

"I ordered a tree and received two wreaths. Customer service was unresponsive in helping me return the wreaths and get the tree that I ordered. Finally after two weeks of talking to a different customer service rep. I received my three. I set up the tree and the lights did not work. Talked to customer service again and they told me that a part of the lighting system did not work and it was on back order for two weeks. Needless to say I cancelled the order and sent the tree back. And as far as my refund I had to get my credit card company involved.

I have never been so disappointed in a company that prides themselves in being an exclusive Christmas Tree Co. I will never order any product from them again.

2017-12-26

Top notch results!

"Not only was my tree beyond my expectations, it even arrived ahead of schedule from CA to FL just before Christmas. I can't praise your company enough. Thanks."

2017-12-24

Customer service was great for me!!

"We purchased a tree in January of 2013 from Balsam Hill and have enjoyed it every year, but this year there was a green powdery dust that dropped off the branches and the light clips were falling off. I was disappointed and was going to order a new one but realized that the old tree was still under warranty, so I figured it was worth a try. I just called and talked to Rena who was great and agreed that the warranty would cover the tree. Since they did not have the same tree in stock I was given any tree at the same price. This should be approved next week and shipped soon thereafter. I am impressed!! Thanks so much!"

2017-12-23

Terrible Customer Service & Faulty Products

"We ordered a 9 ft tree that cost around $800. We set it up and the lights didn't work. We worked with technical support and it was determined that the tree was broken. We were told a shipping label was coming to ship it back and a new one would be there in three days. The new tree came in 10 days, and we have never received the shipping label for the first tree after two separate calls. The second call was set up and decorated and the lights broke again on the exact same spot as the first tree. We called again and asked for help getting this returned but nothing happened. I finally called customer service today and asked to speak to a supervisor. It took ten minutes for the agent to agree to escalate my call to a supervisor. The supervisor kept trying to get me to troubleshoot again, which we have already done on both trees, and then tried to get me to see about fixing the trees we had. I politely let her know that we were not going to restring lights or replace parts on an $800 tree. We have asked for two shipping labels to be sent to us so we can return the trees for a refund. It was obvious the supervisor had no real authority to solve the problem and had to keep putting me on hold to verify what she could and couldn't do. She finally agreed to process the return after 25 minutes on the phone. The customer service with this company is horrendous, and I suspect we are going to run into problems with the refund as it will be outside of the 30 day window and after Christmas. This has been a nightmare, and I would never order from this company again. "

2017-12-22

Awful customer service

"Do not order from this company. Their customer service is appalling. They supplied me with a faulty tree, which in normal circumstances wouldn’t be too much of an issue if they would have provided a reasonable speedy response. What I have found is that their customer service team are inadequate at their jobs and are no help. This also goes for their marketing/ PR team heading up their social media pages. Highly advise you look elsewhere. I only wish I had read these review pages before ordering!! I’m now left with a faulty tree that they have advised is impossible to send back. They obviously fail to keep up to date on consumer rights and legislation! "

2017-12-22

Major disappointment

"My sister recently passed away and I received her Balsam tree that she purchased in 2014. Early this month, I started to assemble it and noticed that the lower piece (with the stand) was missing. I called Balsam Hill on December 5th and asked the representative if I could purchase part of a tree. She said no, but under the circumstances, she said Balsam Hill would send me a whole new tree. I was stunned and so happy that the company would do something like this. The representative had put me on hold twice to verify all and gave me an order number. I told everyone I know about Balsam Hill's kindness and generosity.
Fast forward to December 20th. I hadn't received the tree so I called Balsam Hill. I gave the representative the order number and she said the order had been cancelled. I asked her why and she said that the call center in The Philippines gave me the wrong information and they do not warranty trees when they change ownership. I asked to speak with her supervisor and I spoke with Carrie several times. She was helpful but she said her hands were tied. Bottom line: 1) The representatives in The Philippines give wrong information and the company won't back it up; 2) The company would not offer me any sort of deal on a tree -- I asked to pay for a partial tree (no), I asked them to make good on their promise and send me a tree free of charge (no) and finally, I offered to buy a tree if they would provide a deep discount (they offered 10%). Basically, they told me to go buy another tree because I was not going to receive a tree from them as their representative promised on December 5th and further, if they did send me a tree it wouldn't be received by Christmas.
So, clearly, Balsam Hill didn't care how their lack of customer service or professionalism impacted my family during the Christmas holiday. My friends will hear about this as well as social media.

2017-12-18

Never Again

"We had saved for purchasing this tree and it has been a nightmare from the beginning. Final chose our tree paid EXTRA to have it for a holiday party on the weekend. Received the tree however it didn't light so called customer service they agreed to send a new bottom out. Never received and our Holiday party was without a tree... :( Called again and requested an new tree replacement - never came. I think the customer service representatives just tell you what they feel like telling you. Called again to request a REFUND. Again no correspondence and no action was told nothing was really happening with our account.... Called Again and requested a manager who sent us a return label printed it out and brought tree directly to Fed Ex because I wanted this nightmare to be over. NOPE! said I would have an email after it was received at ware house nope had to call again where customer service said they would contact us once tree was received well that was 4 days after it was received. Still no refund now telling me that a refund could take up to 30 days... This was after they told me 3-5 business days from when tree is received. I have had friends ask me about my tree as we were so excited about getting it but told them never to purchase from Balsam Hill Company as no one knows what they are doing and they have a department for everything - all responses are the same WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY TROUBLE ----- Thank you Balsam for ruining my Christmas!"

2017-12-17

new Christmas tree

"we were replacing our Family Christmas Tree after 20 plus years and we wanted a European type Alpine Fir-Balsam Hill delivered!!
it was exactly what we wanted and is beautiful!
Online ordering was easy and delivery very fast.Thanks for giving us a beautiful tree.

Crossing Over The Fence To An Artificial Tree

"I have spent hours looking at artificial Christmas trees for the past couple of years. I than go to the Tree Farm our family has been cutting fresh trees down for years and years. Find out I'm just not ready to invest in an artificial tree. Every year I find it a chore to put the lights on the tree. I'm very fussy about light placement and decorations on my tree. So, this year I drug my husband from store to store looking at many artificial trees at different price ranges. He also went back with me to our favorite Tree Farm. The trees were very scarce and we could not find just the right tree. So, days of reviewing trees on line and an order to Balsam Hill for the branch kit (which I was disappointed to find not all the samples where not included in kit). The kit of what it included and the date brought me to "cross over" and place
an order to Balsam Hill for the Woodland Spruce Narrow Flip Tree. Balsam Hill trees as most know are expensive. But, trees have been on sale and the Flip Tree video prompted me to "just do it", as my husband put it. My tree arrived in good time(I did pay the extra to assure delivery in a timely matter). It came before delivery date. The phone salesperson was very nice, reduced my shipping charges and is to credit my account with cost of Sample Kit. My thoughts of the tree: the video of Flip Trees paint a picture which appears much simpler than really is, oh, the Flip part is easy. But, the images of a pretty full tree coming from the box and flipped is in no way the way it looks for real. It took hours to fluff and shape(I could have had lights on a real tree in far less time and like I said "I'm very fussy about light placement). The light placement on this tree is not to my standards. The tree is not as full as I had hoped from picture. But, it does have the shape of a real tree, not perfect as some artificial trees. There is one light out and flashes when replaced then goes out again with several new lamps installed. My husband hopes to correct this. I'm hoping this is not a pattern with the lights. I feel that this tree is overpriced and the flip tree video is misleading. My hopes is for such an investment the tree lasts many years. I have read many reviews about poor service by Balsam Hill(of course after receiving my tree). I hope this is not the case if I need assistance with my expensive Woodland Spruce Flip Tree. Conclusion, I don't think I would purchase another artificial tree again at the Balsam Hill prices. But, we will see as Christmases pass.

Disappointed

"This would have been my 3rd. Christmas with my Balsam Hill tree, when my son put it up not even 1/2 the lights worked on it he worked on it more than 2 hours changing fuses bulbs etc. to no available. I bought this tree for it’s convience of just putting it up and using the remote control to turn it on and off as I am 84 years old and needed the conviencess this tree offered, l certainly expected to get more than 2 Christmas’s from it, it’s back down in the basement, we did call and were told that I was 1 month too late. Just had to get this off my chest as I sit here looking at an empty spot where my beautiful tree should be. Grace M Brennan 6 Abby Road Latham NY 12110 donot remember exactly what day I bought it in 2015 but I am sure you will have that in your records."

Mad as Hell

"I ordered a tree and received an email that my order had shipped. Never received it so I call Balsam Hill and they said it shipped so then I called FedEx and they said they never picked it up. I then find out Balsam Hill never sent it and they are out of stock but Balsam Hill sure was quick to charge me credit card and get their money and I still have no tree! Also Balsam Hill offered to refund my shipping, pretty nice of them considering I already had FREE SHIPPING! I would not recommend buying a tree from Balsam Hill ever!
Larry Yeager
Rew, Pa.

POOR QUALITY AND WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I purchased a $949.00 7.5' Vermont White Spruce tree. It arrived four days ago and the lights did not work. I called and spoke with a tech guy who said that I need a new controller box. I have spent hours on the phone all week long trying to get the controller box. Three days ago I was told that the replacement box would be sent by two day air and that I would have it yesterday. Nothing arrived. I spoke with customer service last night and today and there is NO record of anything being sent to me. I am furious! The customer service reps continue to lie to me. Today I was told that the whole thing is "in review". What is there to review? I have a defective tree two weeks before Christmas and NO ONE at Balsam Hill is doing anything to rectify the problem. I AM RETURNING THE TREE. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND I URGE OTHERS TO BE WARNED."

DO NOT BUY YOUR DECORATIONS FROM BALSAM HILL

"THIS COMPANY IS AWFUL. I CALLED THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE AND CHAT LINE MANY TIMES,SPOKE WITH NUMEROUS AGENTS, I JUST GOT THE RUN AROUND. I PURCHASED LIGHTED GARLAND FROM THEM, THE GARLAND LIGHTS DID NOT WORK. AFTER ALL THE CONVERSATIONS WITH THEIR SERVICE AGENTS I WAS TO RECEIVE A CREDIT TO MY ACCOUNT, THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. THE AGENTS JUST TELL YOU ANYTHING TO GET YOU OFF THE LINE."

2017-12-15

Overpriced tree HORRIBLE customer service!!!

"Just like other reviews say, parts are not available, discontinued , or out of stock.

They are very polite on the phone, however, they won't connect you with a manager and will not resolve your problem.

I am disgusted with this purchase. I will NEVER purchase another Balsam Hill product.

2017-12-14

Buyer beware

"Buyers beware of a bad investment and business practices! My 11 foot Vermont was purchase October 2016. This Christmas an entire section will not light. I am delivered the awful news by their customer service rep (Trevor), the top replacement section is “sold out.” As a consolation, I am offered “string lights” which defeats the purpose of why I bought a pre-lit tree in the first place. Believing I now had a strong case for a replacement tree, I asked for a new tree and was given more devastating news of a lengthy approval process and delivery. Days before Christmas and a home filled with family and friends, I agreed. Afterwards, I am placed on hold again and the customer service rep returns to say the “tree is sold out.” Desperate at this point, I asked for a similar tree as a replacement and placed on hold again. To add insult to injury, I am given the last and final solution by this company’s supervisor (Sara), “We will make one in the off season next fall and send it to you.” WOW! I regret my purchase!

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!