Stores > Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.
  • Balsam Hill Chr

Product & services pricing Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.53/10 6.53/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.61/10 7.61/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.99/10 5.99/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.36/10 6.36/10
Voice your opinion! Review Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. by clicking a star below.
2017-12-12

Best Christmas Tree We Ever Had!

"We ordered our tree in Oct. 2017 and it arrived as scheduled. The carton was taped as if it had been opened and were concerned that it was perhaps a "returned" tree to Balsam. We called Customer Service who assured us that they never resend "returned" trees out to fulfill customer orders and was encouraged to take the tree out to inspect the tree and lights to make sure everything was working properly; they were. We were VERY satisfied with Customer Service and their attention to our concerns.

For one person to "structure" or shape the tree did take quite a bit of time but I am sure it won't take that long the next time we use it. We ordered the 6.5 ft Balsam Fir with LED multi-colored lights. I hope you all enjoy your trees as much as we will ours!

This tree is magnificent, beautiful and better than we even hoped it to be! There are plenty of lights for the size of the tree and nicely spaced. We always knew we would buy a Balsam Hill tree due to their reputation, quality and warranty; I know we will not be disappointed in the years to come.

2017-12-11

Looks great, easy to assemble - but lights should have been tested

"I liked the look of the first BH tree I saw a few years ago but the price was too much. This year I used the discount code and got a great deal. The tree arrived five days later. Went up easy, no mess. You do have to spend some time fluffing out the branches to make it truly real. I had two issues with my tree. First the battery on the remote even though it had been plastic tab protected in shipment, was Dead-On-Arrival. Once got that working I found that the top section of white lights were dead even though they had power going to and from them. I metered every bulb and they are all good, just won't light. I called customer service and they opened a case number for both the dead battery / remote and the white strand of lights. Easy and quick to get support and hopefully they will arrive before Christmas Eve. Still very disappointing that their Quality Assurance department did not test both the battery and the lights in each section and mark them as being inspected. For the money they should IMHO.

But the bottom line is I have a great looking tree, and I like multi lights anyways. Would be nice if the tree smelled like a fresh cut, but I guess that is what Glade and Airwick make the seasonal scents for.

TERRIBLE COMPANY!

"Dealing with this company trying to get a defective section on a $2000 tree fixed or replaced has been the absolute worst experience I've EVER had!!! I've been lied to, told a replacement tree, then section would be delivered to my home within days, and now, weeks and weeks later, still nothing! The latest is they want me to pay $500 to the shipping company to have the replacement delivered, becasue I live on a property and they can't drive into my driveway!! Despite the fact the first tree was delivered to my front porch at no additional cost. I've had a dozen calls with them now and they said maybe they can send me a replacement section in the fall of next year!!!!! The most inept, and appears to be unethical company I've done business with. Predicated on my experience, I would NEVER recommend anyone buy anything from Balsam Hill.

2017-12-11

Don't purchase from them!!!!!

"I have contacted over and over to obtain new bulbs for my tree. Twice they have sent me the incorrect bulbs and charged me for both sets. I have spoken with multiple customer service reps and been guaranteed I am getting the right bulbs. The tree is designed with nice heavy duty bulbs with thick wires. They send you replacement bulbs that will fit in the existing sockets but they are so cheaply made they won't even light up. They are not the same bulbs as the tree was made with. I have been told twice I would receive contact from senior management which they have failed to do. I've been charged twice for bulbs that won't even turn on and no one will help me. I give them exactly the tree that I have and still no one knows what bulbs to send. So frustrated that my tree is incomplete because I can't get good service. Will be turning them over to the better business bureau."

Beautiful, life-like tree

"I decided to invest in a new artificial tree this year and wanted one that looked more real than ones you can buy in the store. We went with our own lights and just ordered a plain tree of the mid-quality range. It is a very full and beautifully shaped tree and is perfect for our needs. It definitely looks life-like, and we have received many compliments on it. The shipping was timely, and the tree arrived well packaged. I would definitely recommend Balsam Hill to anyone looking for a new tree! My only recommendation is that it would be kind of fun if they would include a token ornament - it doesn't have to be fancy - but I think it would be a wonderful way to "advertise" as well as thank the customer for ordering from them. "

Terrible lights

"I purchased 2 wreaths for my double door. One arrived with no problems. The second wreath had issues from the start with the battery operated light strand. I managed to get it to work for 4 days but is completely dead now. I have tried multiple batteries but no luck. After calling customer service, the wreath is out of stock and the battery pack is also out of stock. The representative refunded my purchase price for the wreath but suggested that I go find another battery pack. So, I am stuck with one wreath for my front doors. Will not buy from this company again. "

Love our beautiful tree!

"My husband and I volunteered to put up the Balsam Hill tree at our church and loved it so much we ordered one for ourselves. We love our 7 1/2 ft it even more than the 10ft at church and have many compliments on it. I hope the lights last for years on it because I'm anticipating the tree will be beautiful for years to come. "

2017-12-10

NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN!!

"Bought what I considered an expensive wreath. You would think that it would last AT LEAST 2 seasons but by the middle of the 2nd season it had died. My husband and I thought it was just the batteries so when the season ended, we took out what we thought were dead batteries and boxed up the wreath (we were gone most of Dec anyway). This year I took it out and put new batteries in it but it is dead. The battery box is corroded even though we had it stored in a dry indoor area. The Customer Service girl was rude, condescending and hung up on me. I was trying to tell her that I had all the original paperwork and there was NO WARRANTY. She told me to go look at the website and it was there. Talk about poor customer service! "

2017-12-10

I wish I could give negative stars...

"I looked everywhere locally for a realistic tree, but couldn’t find one so I ordered from Balsam Hill. It looks like any other artificial tree. The top section is great, but it gets thinner the wider it is and only the tips are realistic. The inside of the tree is that terrible, stringy fabric that falls out everywhere when you fluff it. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. Now I’ve paid hundreds for a tree I could have bought much cheaper elsewhere. This is completely false advertising on Balsam Hill’s part. I don’t understand how they can claim what I got is “most realistic.” Will never trust Balsam Hill again and couldn’t be more disappointed. Also, the gloves they enclose only cover your hands, not your wrists and I broke out in hives fluffing the tree which really makes me wonder what it was sprayed with. Will never order from BH again. "

Love these trees

"I ordered two tress from Balsam Hill a narrow traditional and a realistic full. Both trees are beautiful and well put together. They came with gloves to ensure additional care of your tree. I have never been happier with an artificial Christmas Tree and living in Florida its the closest I can get to a real tree. Thanks Balsam Hill for making my Christmas much more beautiful. "

DO NOT BUY FROM BALSAM HILL

"DO NOT BUY FROM BALSAM HILL! If it was possible to give ZERO stars I would. This company is TERRIBLE and their customer service is the worst i have ever encountered in all of my retail experience, which is extensive. I ordered a tree by phone as it had been sold out on line and I explained that I needed to confirm measurements at home. I was NEVER told of a 30 MIN cancellation window - when I called back to cancel the order 45 MIN after placing it, the representative was rude, condescending, and actually mocked me when I got upset. It took 2 hours, with finally speaking to a supervisor who also refused to cancel the order, and I was forced to accept the shipment and then return it. NIGHTMARE experience. GO ELSEWHERE

2017-12-10

I want to love it, but the top is very very sparce.

"We purchased the 7 1/2 ft Stratford Spruce and a smaller 30" LED Balsam Fir Tabletop Tree. Both shipped very quickly. The smaller tree is amazing. My problem is with the top section of the larger tree. It recommends fluffing it up, but up top.....there's not much to fluff. I love the rest of it, but was very disappointed that there's not much to do to cover the artificialness of the top. I'll keep at it and I'm sure it will look great with the ornaments. "

2017-12-10

Missed the real tree but thrilled to have this one!

"For years a family tradition was to go out and cut the tree for our home. Now both my partner and I are too old to do this but our favorite Christmas tree farm is no more. The Balsam Fir has made me smile. Only regrets is the smell we got from the real tree. Going out and getting a candle to remind us of that smell. Love the thorough instructions and the gloves!! Made putting the tree together so easy. "

2017-12-09

Love our tree!

"I ordered the 7.5 foot Frasier fir and we absolutely love it. The quality is excellent and it is well-lit. Everybody asks if it is real. We wanted a wide tree with plenty of room for our ornaments collected all over the world, and this fits the bill. We are very satisfied and expect to enjoy this tree for many years to come. Also, we received it within a week of ordering, which we consider excellent service, especially in the holiday seasonl."

2017-12-09

Poor products. Terrible customer service.

"We bought a 9ft Colorado Spruce 5 years ago, and the lights started going out at year 4 (lights are only guaranteed for 3 years). We loved the tree so much that we bought another one this year and sold the older one to someone willing to spend hours rewiring the tree.

Well, our tree arrived and there were multiple broken bulbs and an entire strand out. Balsam Hill said they could send us a replacement section for the bad section but they are all out of stock. Then they said they would send an entire new tree, but again they are all out of stock. So they said they could send me two strands so I could restrand a $1000 PRELIT tree.

The trees are beautiful but the light quality ****. You would be better off to buy an unlit tree from them and light it yourself. The customer service is terrible and I would stay away from Balsam Hill if I were you. Great marketing. Poor products. Terrible customer service.

Never again...

Share Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co.'s store rating

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. is not a merchant member
Balsam Hill Christmas Tree Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!