Stores > BJ's Wholesale Club
  • BJ's Wholesale

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review BJ's Wholesale Club by clicking a star below.
2017-12-05

Don't buy at BJ's online

"i bouoght a TV on BJ'S online,they said i'll get it in 3 to 5 day and 10 days later the tv arrived damaged, i return it with the same delivery, now I'm trying to get my money back and they are giving me a run around it been 25 days no refund jet"

2017-10-05

Almost not believable!

"Can you imagine calling a retail store which I did,in Freeport & for three hours no one picked up the phone. I was checking on a birthday cake to
make sure it was properly done. And next day upon picking up the cake of course it was wrong! Hello Costco!!

2017-09-28

Online purchase

"I purchased a lifetime shed which I had to order online because the store had none in stock. It was a 1200.00 shed. I waited 12 business days and has 3 different delivery dates given to me. When it finally arrived we started to put it up and had 3 damaged areas. A shed is non returnable so we had to make it work. I complained that I wanted a credit. I was first offered a 50 dollar gift card. I refused
I was offered new parts. I refused as the shed is up and we fixed the damaged the best we could. Took all day to put it up. Then I was offered a 50 dollar credit. On a 1200.00 shed, it would have cost them more to send me the parts. I'm not a greedy person, but $100 credit would have been an acceptable solution.

2017-07-25

even as a truck driver I deliver to Sam's Costco and BJ's..

"I deliver a lot of water to the whole sale club stores. I have never been treated so rudely at Sam or Costco than with a BJ's.. with the receiving department. Never will I shop their.
Everyone , please boycott BJ's

2017-07-21

Product never arrived

"Package was already scheduled to be delivered 4 days after the “latest arrival” date. Then it never showed up. And still has not arrived. Awful shipment. Do not buy from online store. "

2017-01-17

BJS **** AND SO DOES THEIR OPTICAL DEPARTMENT

"I WILL NEVER GO TO BJS AGAIN THERE PRICES ARE TERRBILE, ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO SAMS CLUB. AND THE OPTICAL DEPARTMENT HAS DONE NOTHING BUT GIVEN ME A HARD TIME. NO WONDER THE GLASSES WERE SO CHEAP. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ****. BACK TO WALMART FOR GLASSES. "

2016-11-27

Extra tax charged - Ripping off holiday shoppers

"BJ's is ripping off their customers! I purchased a TV that was advertised as $899.99 "After $500 off". I bought several other things so only realized afterward that they charged me state tax on the original $1399.99 and then took off $500 as a non-taxable item. This means I paid taxes on the full $1399.99. I live in New York, so that adds up to an additional $43.75 I paid that should not have been charged.

States require the seller to submit state tax based on their INCOME. Their income on this sale was $899.99, not $1399.99. I'm sure they did this to all their customers. Just think about how much extra money charged for tax that will NOT be submitted to the state and how their skimming will add up after just one holiday season.

I've not purchased from any other retailer that charges like this. It has got to be illegal. If it's not, it should be.

2016-11-22

Horrible, horrible experience! Avoid

"I made several purchased on 11/18/2016 from bjs.com, worth a few thousand dollars. All these orders were at promotional price. In order to make the purchases, I spend $50 opened a membership online. To my surprise, all those orders were cancelled after a few hours. The only item that was not cancelled was the membership! It made me feel that they gave some fake deals and tricked us into their membership.

What was worse, all those charges remained "pending" on my credit card for the next several day.
I was unable to make any further purchase from other bank. I had to call their customer services several times to resolve this issue. I called their customer service at least 7-8 times. Each time the wait time was around 20 min.

This was worst experience I had with any merchant considering this was my first time buying from them. I have membership from Sams Club and Costco. Both of them are far better than BJs!

2016-10-07

Shady company. Order cancelled with wrong reason and won't correct it

"I placed an order on their website and after an hour or so they sent me a cancellation email saying they were unable to verify the payment information. This is nonsense and my card information was correct (I double checked it) and got a confirmation email from my card provider saying transaction(authorization) from BJS has been approved. I contacted their customer care, was placed on hold for several minutes, they said they were not sure why it was cancelled and started initiating a new order. The call got disconnected at that time ( I am not sure if it was intentional or technical glitch). I again contacted them and they say the item is not is stock and cannot sell it to me."

2016-09-11

Poor Product Inventory and High Prices

"Our BJ's in Coventry, RI never has inventory. Forget buying couponed products that everyone buys, like Kleenex. There will be 10 unopened warehouse boxes of every other brand when the Kleenex coupon is running, and NO Kleenex!! Or, if you go anytime after the mass of people, like at 4.00 on Sunday, there is no food left..no wraps, no fruit, no hamburger, no bread. Do they really not know how to manage their inventory??? Who runs their data? Where I come from, if you run out, you missed out on 20% of your sales. It's an amazingly frustrating experience. Twice during the week, I went for 85% hamburger and there was none. I asked if they could grind me a batch (6 lbs, for the same price I can buy it on sale at the local grocery store, but only have to buy 3lbs from them and in a sale week!), and they said it would only be coming in the next day. How can you be out on a Tuesday afternoon??! Their prices are so high, it's getting hard to justify the experience. With Target, Bed Bath, Amazon and others, I can manage just as well if I have to go elsewhere. We do not have Costco's or Sam's in RI, so BJ's thinks it's great and can take advantage. I'm sure they are losing business. It's a frustrating experience every time!"

2016-06-17

NO TIRE CENTER!!!!!!!

"I went to tire center a fews weeks ago in Plymouth, MA (with my HUSBAND) and Eric the installer/clerk waited on us. He was very nice giving us prices etc.... for 4 tires for my Jeep Wrangler. BUT!.........WHEN I WENT BACK (WITHOUT MY HUSBAND) I WAS TREATED LIKE AN IDIOT (by Eric) BECAUSE I'M A WOMEN. DID NOT APPRECIATE BEING ASKED IF I WANTED BLUE LETTERS OR WHITE ON MY TIRE WALLS. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THE BLUE WASHED OFF. HE MADE ME ASK HIM IF THERE WAS A DIFFERENT PRICE FOR WHITE OR BLUE, THE WHOLE TIME KNOWING AND LAUGHING AT ME!!!!!! ALONG WITH THE OTHER IDIOT THAT WORKS THERE. IT WASN'T UNTIL THEY WERE DONE AND I QUESTIONED WHY 3 TIRES WERE BLUE AND ONE WAS WHITE. ERIC LAUGHED AND SAID UH.. I DON'T KNOW. FINALLY, A MALE CUSTOMER SAID THE BLUE WASHS OFF. ERIC WOULD HAVE NEVER TOLD ME. ERIC REALLY NEEDS TO TAKE A CLASS IN HOW TO TREAT WOMEN!! ESPECIALLY, SINCE I HAD JUST PAID HIM $525.33 FOR NEW TIRES. i HOPE THEY WERE DONE RIGHT. I DON'T TRUST THAT PLACE NOW. NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF MY HUSBAND HAD BEEN THERE!!!!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN! "

2015-12-29

"We will never return to BJs; they lost a customer (I am probably just one of many lost customers). We purchased an ITunes gift card, paid BJs $50, but the card was never activated, thus no good and a loss of $50. That level of employee incompetency has dropped me from a loyal customer to a lost customer, and one who will likely convince others to first consider other wholesale club stores such as COSCO or SAMs Club;s before BJs. To think from a marketing standpoint the costs incurred by BJs to (1) bring a customer into the store to sell a membership, and (2) keep a customer just to increase those costs solely as a result of employee incompetency."

2015-12-28

"Save a TON on gas, and they had fair trade coffee at their cafe! They also have great cafe deals (a huge thing of Perdue Chicken fingers for like $4, a hotdog and free soda for 99 cents)... average wholesale prices and savings."

2015-03-19

"A very poor shopping experience. I rarely clip coupons but this once I did. Half of the items I shopped for were not available. I was told we don't stock everything. I left and went to Sam's to finish. They have lost me. very poor attitude and service and they renewed my membership. Really BJs!"

2015-02-05

"Terrible experience, will never shop at BJ's again. Returning item was a disaster. Bought online and returned to store. Took manager 15 minutes to respond to get an OK for return. Clerk and rep on phone blatantly laughed at the reason I returned item. Was not given full tax I paid back. Was told on phone that I would receive the non-member surcharge back, but store told me is not refundable."

Share BJ's Wholesale Club's store rating

BJ's Wholesale Club is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

BJ's Wholesale Club is not a merchant member
BJ's Wholesale Club does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!