Stores > Ashley Furniture

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.54/10 1.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.71/10 2.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10
Voice your opinion! Review Ashley Furniture by clicking a star below.
2017-11-14

Poor Customer Service

"We have a king size bed that is 2 years old. The bed completely collapsed and was still under the extended warranty protection. First, the company said I didn't report the incident within 5 days of it happening, that is not correct, I did report it within 5 days of it happening.
Second, they send a technician out to look at our bed and he said to us it was definitely a faulty bed in design the way it broke and he would report it. That is not what happened. The technician told #Ashley Furniture that the bed broke from abuse of the owners of misusing the bed. That is a bold face lie!!!!
Now, #Ashley Furniture is refusing to repair the bed. They are making us buy a bedframe and make ther repairs ourselves. This is outrageous!
Please anyone reading this, NEVER purchase from #Ashley Furniture!! They do not and will not stand behind their warranty or word.

2017-11-04

I got fired because I wasn't willing to lie and cheat people.

"Don't shop there, you pay for what you get.
In order to make a decent salary you have to work long hours like 55-60 hours a week and stalk customer via the phone.
I lost orders because the furniture didn't get made in the time period that the POS (computer) quoted which made me look like a liar to the angry customers that decided to cancel the orders.
Also, the so call fabric called Durablend is like the Frankenstein Monster it's made of 17 percent of scraps of leather, some cotton and polyurethane (plastic). Doesn't that sound wonderful. And the regular "cloth" fabric they use is 100% polyester.
They also try to sell you this furniture protection using fear tactics that is rubbish, because when something does happen to your furniture, they don't honor it.
The also have the LIST price and the SALE price on tags which is just rubbish as well. It makes it look like you are getting a deal.
I could have done well if I was willing to give up my time I spend with my family and friend for this place, plus give up my morals.
There is a reason why they have high turn over, the floor is flooded with desperate sales people. The internet is killing them.
Lastly the training is horrible and too complicated. When I tried to get a short answer to a question the "mentor" would give you a long lecture. I got nothing but a lot of words that don't answer your simple question.

2017-11-01

Protection Plan a complete scam

"One of my dining room chairs broke when I sat down in it and in August I called to have it fixed with my protection plan/warranty. After many calls to them as they never called back, I was finally told the 'part' (even though the entire chair was broken so I did not understand what 'part' they were going to send me to magically fix the chair) would be shipping...in October! Finally, three weeks after their original October date, the part arrived and I then had to wait even longer to schedule a technician to come fix the chair. They did not allow me to pick a time frame so when the guy showed up, he showed up...and somehow managed to make the chair even worse. When I put in a complaint and asked to simply exchange the terrible chair for a new one at a local store, (after a week later and no returned phone calls), I was told the request was denied by 'management'. I am now waiting for another 'part' which comes next week and then a new technician which comes the following week to try to fix the chair again. This has been a complete circus and never ever again will I shop at Ashley until they can assure me they will be fixing this problem of mine and fixing is SOON!

2017-10-23

Customer service

"Marissa Aguilar was very patient and helpful. "

2017-10-15

They were great!!!

"We got a living room set and Carl is the one that helped us he was absolutely the best wr like him so much he was very helpful and new everything about the products ...."

2017-10-11

bad quality

"terrible service and poor quality"

2017-10-08

Great

"The store in Austin Texas South Park meadows. Sales person Mark Doc was really helpful. "

2017-09-21

Horrible customer service once they have their money

"week
We purchased a day bed from Ashley Furniture Dubuque. When we were called to come pick it up it was not all there so we had to make a second trip to pick the rest of it. Within 2 hours of of picking it up we noticed one of the bed posts had a bolt insert missing. The hole was drilled in the bed post but the insert was not pressed into the post. We immediately called the store and we're told they couldn't do anything about it and gave us a phone number to call.. After several calls we were told we could drive to Clinton IA to pick one up. We convinced them to send the insert to us but it never did come. We made a few more calls with no results. We ended up driving 45 minutes one way again to Dubuque and ended up paying $13 for parts at Lowe's so we could use the bed. They are nice to you until they get their money. Once you are out the door you are on your own. We will not be stopping at Ashley next time we need furniture

2017-09-04

Labor Day Sales Scam! Website says items are in stock but they're not!

"I ordered a love seat and sofa 4 DAYS ago and the site said both pieces were IN STOCK and would be delivered today. Today, only one piece arrived and no one can tell me when the second piece will be available. All they can say is that it's out of stock. Had the website given me true info that one of the pieces was out of stock, I would have kept shopping and found a store that had my full order. Now I have an incomplete set that looks ridiculous and I have to take a day from work whenever it does become available. If and when are complete unknowns which is outrageous.
They tell you the pieces are available during their Labor Day sale and then do a bait and switch when you're expecting the delivery. They sold me something that never intended to deliver on time!
THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS TYPE OF SALES TRICK.

2017-08-21

false coverage

"Ashley sold us an insurance with false coverage. Ashley told us they will not covered for furniture and insurance wont covered for damages. Please do not buy anything here. Low quality of furniture and incompetent employees. All is false information to make you spend more money."

2017-08-19

Ashley Furniture Is Incompetent.

"I should have read the reviews. So I am looking for a bedroom, Most important the chest of drawers was mostly what I need and I saw how they have financial assistance if you qualify for 32 months. That is what got my attention. So the Sales Representative David, showed me around, told me my options. I decided to bring someone for their opinion in return David gave me his card With 50 dollars off if i come back to him. So when I went back I and Looked for David. I decided on a Bedroom, a "14 Piece bedroom." In David words " Everything that is in the picture is included." Perfect ! I'll take it, The price was okay. He did not take off the 50 dollars that he promised, Plus when everything arrived the chest of drawers was not there nor another night stand, I called and they told me it was not included in the package and I would have to pay extra for it, quoted me 200 dollars for the chest of drawers + 100 and something dollars for the night stand. The whole experience caused me stress, Ashley furniture ****, the service is terrible, they did not compensate for the employees mistake because the employee was new. All I wanted was a bedroom with I asked. Now I'm stuck paying 1300 for a bed, frame, dresser with a mirror, ONE night stand, and 2 lamps, The "14 bedroom piece" . I regret shopping here, Should've went to IKEA! I should have gotten free shipping but nope paid for that too!! If my grammar is not correct, it is mostly because I am typing this upset. "

2017-07-22

The worst shopping and customer service experience ever!!!

"Shopping was easy until we paid. After that the horror started. Delivered leather couch was sticky, uncomfortable, and one side of the recliners didn't work properly. No tags attached to the couch. It looked like used couch already. Called customer service on the same day. It was long process to get someone on the phone. When we finally did, they wouldn't replace the couch but send a technician to fix it 4 times. New couch, really? Yes. This guy wasn't pleasant either. First he comes to see what is wrong. Order parts. Then comes to fix it. It isn't working out. Comes again. Order parts. Comes again to fix it. Leaving horrible mess behind. Everything is worse before the repair. During the process you are not allowed to help him or even be around. Suspicious.
After battle taking about 3 months, they finally send us a new couch. This one had tags on the side, and only one big scratch on the side. We can live with that. We still had to add padding to both sides to make it even, so if you sit on the couch you don't sink in. Overall, will never shop there again. We warn all our family members, friends, even enemies to not shop there. This is the worst furniture store in the world.

2017-07-17

Horrible customer service!!

"MY dad is dying of stage 4 lung cancer, both of his recliners are broken at home so I wanted to buy him a new one so that he would be comfortable. I live in FL. and he lives in CT. Recently I went into my local store to look around and pick one out to be delivered by the Newington CT store. I was literally weeping while Blaine in my FL. store helped me. He went above and beyond and there was nothing he could really do for me. He even offered to match the 20% off friends and family discount for me. Not the same while on the phone with "Derrick" at the Newington store.... He could basically careless.

I end up ordering a "BRAND NEW" Ludden power chair for my dad (with Derrick) and specifically tell him I need it delivered as soon possible. I was told it would Tuesday July 18th! I paid full price $398 PLUS delivery of $70 to have a NEW chair delivered.

I get a call that they will be delivering the chair on Thursday or Friday! WHAT!!!! 1 week later.. NOPE then I get a text with a confirmation and it says that they are delivering my dad a "FLOOR MODEL" "SOLD AS IS" WHAT!!!! I dont think so!!! I called to talk with the store manager "SAMI" he was rude, disrespectful and heartless!!! First he said he would take $30 off of chair,HA! then he said $40.... then he finally went up to $50. That doesnt even equal the 20% off I was offered in FLORIDA! I have submitted a complaint to corporate!!!

2017-07-14

Poor quality

"2 years ago we bought a couch and 2 recliners. Already replacing them because they are falling apart. We are a retired couple with very little company.. the "wood" trim on the couch was really plastic molding and the color started to fall off within weeks. The chairs were "leather" but in reality we're bonded leather and both are worn at the seams from very little use. Never again go to Ashley furniture!"

2017-07-13

Horrible delivery wait

"Things started off great in the store but once I paid my money things quickly dropped way off. It's been 3 months and 3 days and I'm still waiting on my kitchen table. Even had an argument when my couch was delivered with the rep who called to tell me the date had been changed on it too. I doubt I'll ever buy from Ashley furniture again. "

Share Ashley Furniture's store rating

Ashley Furniture is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Ashley Furniture is not a merchant member
Ashley Furniture does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!