Stores > Article

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.56/10 9.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.28/10 9.28/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.56/10 9.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.35/10 9.35/10
Voice your opinion! Review Article by clicking a star below.
2017-01-02

Ceni Sofa- Lagoon

"I love the look of all the Article pieces, if I could ordered one of everything I would! I ordered the Ceni sofa in Lagoon in July and received it in August (2016). I had been looking for a fun colored sofa and the second I saw it I knew this was the one! Ordering, delivery and in boxing was all easy and seamless. I'd say since August, we've had maaaaybe medium traffic as far as number of people sitting on the couch and I'm a little disappointed with the upholstery quality. The fabric has started to ball up, kind of like a sweater does, and I feel like I should take one of those fabric shavers to it. I think this could be better suited for an office or something that isn't used day to day. "

2017-01-02

Raving fan!

"I just had my second Article sofa delivered and put together this morning by JB Hunt Delivery Services. I am completely impressed by not only the beautiful quality of Article furniture once again, but also the flawless delivery service carrier you guys used. It took barely even two weeks for my couch to arrive (so quick especially for Christmas week!). JB Hunt delivery called me at exactly 7:30am this morning and said they were on their way and would arrive in 30 minutes. At 8am(on the dot) they were knocking on my door and had my beautiful Worthington Sofa set up in less than 15 minutes. The delivery service didn't leave boxes or an ounce of paper or track dirt into my home either. I also thought I would need to take the entire day to work from home but since the delivery was so quick I am able to get into the office today. The two delivery men were extremely friendly and cheerful and genuinely seemed like they enjoyed their jobs. I am so impressed and happy with every part of my order/delivery. I have been telling every one of my coworkers and close friends about the quality and style of Article."

2017-01-01

Everything & More!

"My first ever online furniture order - ever - exceeded my expectations. The sofa quality, colour, and comfort exceeded my expectations and gets a lot of compliments from friends. The grass green colour is amazing. Article phoned me within 24 hours of ordering to arrange a delivery time a few days later. The gentlemen who delivered and set up the couch were professional and polite and cleaned up everything. "

2016-12-29

Wonderful Sofa

"I love love love it
My dark blue Sven is sooooo comfy
Great for binge Netflix watching
And napping
Quick delivery...

2016-12-29

Wonderful Worthington!

"Before settling on the Worthington sofa, I did an extensive online research on modern/contemporary furniture store. I'm so glad I found Article. I like the thought of not having to deal with any middle man, which (as they said on their site) allows for moderately priced products. (The only cons of online shopping is the inability to sit on the sofa). The Worthington is a beautiful piece. I love the rustic, contemporary look that fits well in our new apartment. Customer service was great. Indu answered all my questions and concerns. Shipping and delivery was prompt. I opt for white-glove delivery which is a great service to have for a little bit extra. Would definitely recommend buying from Article. "

2016-12-28

Cool company and beautiful furniture!

"Purchased the Madera Extendable Table - this is a beautiful, well-made piece of furniture and I was very happy with the customer service, delivery, etc. Will definitely shop here again in the future!"

2016-12-28

The perfect couch for our needs

""We are SO happy with our couch. We were searching for the perfect brown leather couch that wouldn't break the bank and after a lot of research we decided on the Sven. It's incredibly comfortable and it seems like it will last us for many years to come. Additionally, the delivery process was a breeze. The delivery men were a few minutes late outside of the delivery window but it is the Christmas season so I cut them a break on that. Very happy with our purchase! ""

Great quality & accurate shipping

"My couch is here now, sitting in my living room, and it's absolutely great. Really high quality, comfortable, and fits the room.

The delivery estimate that Article gives is a two-part thing - one for the... barge, I assume, of couches to land in America, and then another for the couch to be delivered from there. After the first date passes, you get a friendly email and can schedule your delivery, and even get a call when they're an hour out. The whole process was painless and accurate for me.

2016-12-27

A little shocked by it all

"Could not believe how quickly we got our order and how and efficient the staff and service was. From the woman who took our order to the perfect packaging, and instructions.... we are already on line looking for our next purchase. Thank you so much!"

2016-12-27

Beautiful, timeless and great service

"I'd been eying up the Mara collection for a while and finally convinced my husband to go for it.

We ordered the Mara coffee table and side table and put them side by side as one coffee table unit. They are beautiful, timeless and we're super easy to put together.

The delivery men were kind and helpful and the tables were delivered within a matter of days.

These tables look beautiful in our home, and this definitely will not be the last time we order from Article. (I've got my eye on one of they're beautiful rugs!) :)

2016-12-26

Sven Leather Sofa Love

"I love my new Sven leather sofa. It's very beautiful and comfortable. Most importantly, it made it up my apartment stairwell! I am pleasantly surprised by the quality- it looks like it should have cost much more money. Thanks, Article!"

2016-12-24

Stylish Yet Family Friendly

"We love our new furniture and are impressed with the quality. The sofa is nice and firm and the glass coffee table is perfect---no need to worry about coasters for coffee cups. It wipes up easily with a microfibre cloth even though it's in a house with a few kids. We also love its minimalist design and that it doesn't block the view of our area rug. We had a little trouble with the local delivery company and had to contact Article for some help. They responded quickly and efficiently. In the end, all arrived within the original time frame we had been given for delivery. "

Great quality

"I purchased the Archive Rustic Oak bookcase. Simple. Functional. Sturdy. Classic. The quality of the wood is very high. The item description indicates veneer, but it looks to be solid wood to me, which is a bonus. Costs about half of something similar at Crate and Barrel. Delivered in about 3 weeks for a very reasonable delivery charge."

2016-12-21

Where in the World is My Couch?

"I had a great deal of difficulty finding many reviews of Article, so I hope people see this and know what they’re getting into. At this point my couch has arrived, and I’m quite happy with it. However, the service up until delivery left a lot to be desired.

We originally ordered our couch on October 14, and were quoted an expected delivery window of October 29-November 8. As our delivery window neared and I hadn’t heard anything since our confirmation window, I reached out to Article. They told me to expect to hear from the shipper in the first week of November. “Fine. The end of our window, but still within the boundaries,” I thought.

First week of November comes and goes and again, I’ve heard nothing, so I reach back out to Article. During the chat I come to find out that our couch was damaged and they needed to order a new one, which had not been done yet. The chat agent apologized and refunded our delivery fee. At this point, I’m a little perturbed that I had to proactively reach out to them to find out that I wouldn’t be receiving my couch on time, but they did what little they could to fix the situation – fine.

At this point our delivery window is rescheduled to November 29-December 7. Come December 6, I still have not received a single email (other than fairly consistent spam) since I paid for the couch in October, and I haven’t heard from the shipper. I reach out to Article again. They inform me they’ve had my couch for a week, and it should ship “soon” and I should expect to hear from the shipper 2-3 days after that. Once again, there is no chance the delivery will happen within the window, and once again, I wouldn’t have known had I not reached out to them, except for the fact that I’ve been sitting on the floor for two months now.

This time however, there’s no apology from Article. They explain that the delivery window is an estimate and not a guarantee because much of the process is out of their control, but refuse to acknowledge that they haven’t proactively reached out to me once, to explain anything in this debacle of an experience. No emails, no phone calls. I essentially threw two grand down a hole and sat in the dark while I hoped a couch would come back out.

Our couch was finally delivered December 12. The first contact I received from Article regarding my order, other than spam and the receipt, was an email asking for a review of their product and the experience, so here it is.

Basically, don’t believe the hype, and don’t expect a different or improved experience from ordering a couch anywhere else. They only deliver Monday through Friday during the day, which means many customers will need to take a day off just to receive their furniture, but they provide virtually no heads up in advance of when that day will need to be. Despite portraying themselves as a “disruptive startup,” from a service perspective they still have a lot of catching up to do just to meet the status-quo. I like my couch but will not forget the terrible experience up until it arrived.

Rep reply posted Jan-05-2017

A rep from Article, article.duncan, has responded

“Hi Jamie,

Reiterating my private message to you, I can certainly understand why you were so frustrated with your experience.

It is not clear what happened to your first couch at our warehouse (aside from that it was somehow damaged), but that mistake set of a chain reaction that our system was not set up to handle. This was of course amplified by the lack of follow up from some of our team along the way. I am not sure why you didn't receive a shipping notification email when your order finally did leave our warehouse as I can see that in our email logs that this was sent. However, that is a minor detail.

You were right to expect more from us, and we should have delivered.

I know our team processed a refund of your shipping charges, and I also reached out with an offer to help make up for the difficulties you experienced. Given that you like the sofa, I hope that one day we have the opportunity to demonstrate the experience you expected, and that you should receive from us.

You have my contact details should you want to discuss in more detail.

Thanks,
Duncan Blair
Director of Marketing
Article

Incredibly Impressed with Our Article

"I am moving in with my partner in a couple weeks and we are starting from scratch with all of our furniture and decor. We chose Article as we love what this company stands for - eliminating all the middlemen to ensure consumers get quality products at a great value. We also love supporting local business (we live on Vancouver Island) and we received our sofa in an unbelievably quick time frame (shipping was less than one week!). The product quality is fantastic and the service was very impressive. The sofa is simple and sophisticated, and we are so excited to use this piece in designing our space. Will absolutely be purchasing from Article again."

Share Article's store rating

Article is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Article is a merchant member
Article participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,461 merchant members.