article.com

Shipping & packaging: 9.58/10
Customer service: 9.86/10
Return/Replacement policy: 9.76/10

Sven Charme Tan Sofa

"This turned out to be what I expected and then some. The couch is comfortable and very chic. The cushions are all removable which was a big plus for me. The back cushions are really comfy. Purchase exceeded my expectations."

2018-02-12

Easy online purchase. Quick delivery. Great quality chair!

"I ordered the Mod Blue Berry Armchair. The ordering process was easy and the actual item was just like the pictures. The chair was delivered exactly one week from the day I ordered it. The quality is great and the chair looks fantastic. Great experience overall!"

2018-02-12

Bad business practice, bad website - zero responsibility for their actions

"Article engages in bad business practices that can't provide accurate information on its website and that eschews all responsibility for its behavior and its financial partners. CAVEAT EMPTOR - I would recommend NOT purchasing anything from them. They operate without any sense of responsibility for their actions and very flippant about how they will affect their consumers. A big bunch or baloney. I ordered a sofa based on the info on their website that said it could be delivered between Feb 26-Mar 3. I used their partner, Affirm, to finance the purchase. When I received a confirmation of the order, it said that the delivery ETA was May 12 - 26! I called to cancel the order asap, within minutes, and they said it was cancelled but that Affirm might still charge me interest on the financing! What a bunch of baloney! They sold me an item based on false information (Now I could understand a couple of weeks difference, but NEARLY THREE MONTHS?) and they are just flippantly saying "Oh well, sorry but that's just how Affirm works, and we have nothing to do with it. Just carefree and happy to say "tough luck" and say bye-bye. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES, BAD COMPANY."

article.chris from Article has responded
Posted Feb-15-2018

“Hi John,

I've followed up with an email explaining the situation and offering you a solution and hope to hear back from you soon.

We make every attempt to accurately represent the ETA for items on the website - indeed, it's imperative for us to do so to avoid situations like yours wherever possible. However, with hundreds of people shopping at any given time, it's possible that another customer will buy the last of an in-stock item while you're in the process of completing your order. Unfortunately this is what happened in this instance. The reason for the 2.5 month delay is that we're waiting on the next shipment to arrive from the manufacturer.

I can understand your frustration, and agree that we certainly could have been clearer and more helpful explaining the process, and that you definitely wouldn't be charged anything from us or Affirm.

I want to re-iterate that you will not be charged any fees from us or Affirm, and you have been issued a full and prompt refund. I have also included an offer to help make up for the disappointment, and I hope to hear back from you soon if you would like to take us up on that.

Thanks for taking the time to highlight this issue.

Chris Rose
Senior Supervisor,
Article CS”

Article - Great Product Quality and Purchase Experience

"Recently purchased a gray Ceni Pyrite sofa and matching love seat. Extremely pleased with the product quality and have received numerous complements. The experience Article provided was great. Very clean and easy to navigate website and they communicated throughout the purchase/delivery process."

2018-02-11

Unique and quality pieces

""The description of the rugs and table I ordered was spot on. I got exactly what I was expecting. The communication on my order status when it was to be delivered was excellent and easy to follow. My entire order was delivered in great condition.""

Soma Dawn Gray Left Sofa Bed

"In love with the couch & had such a great experience with the delivery as well. The sofa itself is comfortable and stylish. There is a ton of storage in the chaise and the memory foam mattress is really comfy! Highly recommend. "

Average lower-cost experience

"Hello all — I thought I’d wait a while after purchasing to give a solid review of Article, it’s been 9 months now since purchase and I think I’ve gotten a decent feeling for the company and furniture.

On the whole, the furniture and experience seems pretty comparable to places like west elm. We purchased the dark brown leather Sven after sitting on most of their sofas at a NYC pop-up.

As for the furniture: The value for money seems fair. From what I can tell from the market, you’re getting average quality for cost. We definitely noticed what most people on this forum are complaining about, which is that the leather is lighter than pictured on the website. This led us to choosing something that looked darker on the site than what we wanted, but it showed up pretty on point to what we were looking for. The couch is comfortable, but the cushions have fallen pretty flat already and look super slouchy when no one is sitting on them, which is definitely a bit of a bummer.

They have responsive customer service, which is nice, but their follow-through left a bit lacking for us. In example, we had a few issues with our order that needed to be corrected, which were done so quickly, but we were promised $50 credits for our trouble and they never came/were processed.

On the whole, if your price is capped and you can’t get anything pricier to fit in your budget, I’d recommend Article. However, if you can make the squeeze for something a little higher quality, I’d probably do that. Especially if you value your sofa being aesthetically pleasing.

Love our lamp

"Great product. Every one who walks into our home compliments on our lamp. "

MIdcentury Sven SOfa and two chairs

"I went back and forth between different furniture sites and ended up purchasing the Sven Sofa and chair in Pacific Blue and the softest leather chair I have ever sat in"

Love our new couch.

"Bought a new couch online and it was fantastic. True to description and very beautiful piece of furniture. "

Article.com Anton Sofa

"Article exceeded my expectations! I've have 10+ years of experience in the furniture business and had some reservations about ordering furniture online. The delivery went great, they were experienced and friendly. Article communicated processes in a timely manner which helped with my timeline for moving into my new place. Overall very happy with my experience and the quality of their furniture met my requirements."

2018-02-09

Great product with super fast delivery

"Ordering chairs was easy, the product delivered was of great quality and that delivery happened in days. I’ll definetly be buying from Article again."

Beautiful product, high quality

"Very nice product. Good quality. I bought one, love it and decide to bought 2 others. Both experiences were perfect!"

2018-02-08

Fabulous, well-built furniture and home goods

"Article has well-designed, clean, modern furniture and home goods at a great price. This order consisted of some delightful pillows that go handsomely with the theme of our living room. And when an item in a previous order was lost in transit, they reordered it for me as soon as they found out, no questions asked."

2018-02-08

First order from Article, definitely won't be my last!

"After months of looking for a long dining room table I can easily say this was the best price for the quality. They delivered the table pretty quickly, it was VERY easy to assemble and it looks even better than I expected."

Share Article's store rating

Article is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Article is a merchant member
Article participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,416 merchant members.