Stores > Article

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.56/10 9.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.27/10 9.27/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.56/10 9.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.35/10 9.35/10
Voice your opinion! Review Article by clicking a star below.
2017-08-29

Very pleased with my first Article purchase!!

"I was so excited to receive my first Article loveseat because I had heard only fantastic things about this company. I was so disappointed when I received the WRONG couch. However, Article's customer service was very accommodating and quickly sent me the correct one and included in-room delivery. The delivery company they use, Team Worldwide, was INCREDIBLE and so helpful and assembled the loveseat for me and took all the boxes/packing material out with them even though that wasn't included. Now that the correct loveseat is unpacked and set up in my house, I am so pleased!"

I love my couch

"The couch I bought is so comfortable and exactly what I wanted. It is beautiful and I've received lots of positive feedback about it. The delivery was fast and professional. I'd recommend Article to anyone looking to buy new furniture. "

Article rocks

"Bought a timber sofa and it arrived in less than a week. The couch is insanely comfortable and cost much less than other online furniture shops. Thrilled that I found Article and chose them, would do it again in a heartbeat and would recommend them to anyone. "

Comfy!

"The furniture is quality and super comfy! "

Perfect

"I bought Triplo Milkyway Ivory sofa, Diamin Raw linen rug, Nord galaxy gray chair and the Velu Mercury blue poufs at Article after long hard search. I loved that Article lets you know how the furniture were made (especially sofa, what fabric, the frame, etc) and the Article rep, Jennefer, were so helpful whenever I had questions. Furniture were exactly what I wanted and the delivery was the easiest. Of all the furniture shopping (and shipping) experience, I would say the Article is the best. I've also bought few chairs from other Canadian based online furniture store but had so much trouble with the shipping! All the more reason, I will not buy furniture any other place than Article. Just keep those gorgeous furniture coming! "

2017-08-28

Very Happy With the Whole Experience

"I had been looking for Mid Century Modern style furniture for our home and stumbled across Article while searching online. Loved the styles and the prices of the furniture. I was a little nervous about buying a piece of furniture online without seeing/feeling it first but I looked up reviews and most of them were very good so took the chance. From the beginning my experience was great. It was easy to order online. I received constant email updates on the status of my order. My order actually was ready for delivery a week early and I received a call from the shipping department who was willing to rearrange my delivery schedule as I was traveling and not home to receive delivery. They were excellent to deal with as well, very pleasant, courteous and helpful. My delivery came right on time, I received a call from the drivers 30 minutes before they arrived and they were also very nice and helpful. Couch came in perfect condition and we just had to assemble the legs which took all but 5 minutes. I love the couch (Anton Love Seat), it is the perfect size, the color is just as it looked online. It is very comfortable, firm but not too firm. I am already looking to order a couple of other items from Article as I have been nothing but satisfied with the company and their product. Highly recommend."

2017-08-28

Sven Grass Green 72 in. Sofa

"Hard to find a green sofa- the colour is perfect!! Very comfortable and delivered in a week. They would place in any room so took it upstairs for us! I was very sceptical ordering a couch online but will absolutely do it again- excellent service all around!"

Great Quality!

"We are very much in love with our new sofa! We were super nervous about purchasing a large piece of furniture like this without ever seeing it in person, but I am so glad we did. The quality is top notch and it is surprisingly comfortable. The overall purchase and delivery process was easy and quick. We will definitely be buying from Article again!"

Ahhhhmazing Couch & Customer Service

""LOVE THIS COUCH!!! And can not say enough about how awesome the customer service was in getting me a part that was missing. Thank you will be back to buy more furniture :)!!""

Awesome couch!

"Just got my new couch and love it! Delivery was smooth as well. Ordered some pillows from you as well to go with couch and they are nice quality. ""

2017-08-26

Beware if you have any problems

"I recently purchased a Timber sofa, after doing my research and reading the reviews of Article. However, my experience was not very good, so I'm posting here as a heads up to others who are considering purchasing furniture from Article. The customer service reps at Article were very nice, polite and sympathetic throughout. The problem was not with the people at Article, it was more that there are some challenges with their business model that I had not considered prior to purchasing.

The couch arrived on time, but the first problem was that I was sent the two wrong legs. Then instead of sending the correct replacement legs, I was sent only hardware. Eventually, I was finally sent the correct legs, but they would not properly tighten. All throughout I had been in contact with Article, providing photos and videos of the wobbly legs. Unfortunately the legs gave out and the couch collapsed one day while a guest was sitting on it. Article was very accommodating in that they offered to return the sofa and provide a refund (thankfully, even though I didn't still have the box).

There are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing from a retailer like Article. I am very glad they took the sofa back without the original box, because heads up-- the box is enormous. I know this is obvious, but I hadn't fully considered how big the box would be, and how I would have to keep it somewhere for 30 days if I wanted the option to return it. If you live in an apartment (like I do), storing the box can be a challenge, if not impossible.

Because they have to contract out for all their services like delivery and pickup, you have to deal not only with Article, but their vendors as well. The logistics company that Article had contracted with to pick up the sofa, Fastmile Logistics, was awful. I had to schedule the pickup 3 times before they actually came and got it. I also had to constantly follow up with both Article and Fastmile to make sure that Fastmile actually had my pickup order. Each time I called Fastmile, it took them forever just to find my order. Also their phone system is terrible. I was put on long holds each time I called-- so long that it eventually hung up on me, so I had to call several times before I could talk to a person.

As I mentioned, I purchased the Timber sofa. It was a good looking couch, and I really liked the wood trim that went all around. However, even in the 1.5 months that we had it, the cushions started to get out of shape and the fabric started to pill.

I'm sure others have had great experiences and are happy with their furniture from Article. And again, Article was very nice throughout this very frustrating process. I just wanted to point out that if you do end up with any problems, dealing with a online-only company can be really challenging. You'd not only be dealing with Article but their contractors as well. In my experience, it was really frustrating and took up way too much of my time dealing with this.

Rep reply posted Aug-30-2017

A rep from Article, article.tony, has responded

“Sadaf,

I am very sorry that your experience wasn't up to our standards. We have escalated your feedback with our delivery partner, as the challenges you faced are inexcusable.

I know my team has already issued a full refund, and also offered a variety of free upgrade options to address the issues you had. I hope that we have the opportunity to demonstrate how the Article experience should go in future. We'd be delighted to hear from you.

Best,
Tony Chin
Manager, Customer Care”

Hello New Lover

"I was excited about ordering this **** green velvet sofa. Fast shipping, great price, and good quality. I love the sofa! It's soft, durable, and, yes ... ****. I want one in every color and will be purchasing more from Article. "

Fast Shipping / Quality Product

"A great shopping experience and a product that matched our expectations - couldn't be happier with the results so far. Time will tell on it's longevity but initial experience has been excellent and the sofa is beautiful and beautifully crafted. Would certainly recommend."

Article for the win!

"we love our new couch! we were a bit nervous at first about getting a couch that we weren't able to see or sit on in person but because of the 30 day return policy we went for it and are so pleased! the quality definitely exceeded our expectations. the leather is beautiful, the couch is crazy comfortable, and it arrived it 4 days! article rocks."

2017-08-24

great quality and excellent customer service

"Furniture was delivered less than a week after ordering. We asked several questions of the chat forum before making a decision, and found the responses quick, pleasant and accurate. And best of all we LOVE our new furniture. We purchase the couch, chair and ottoman from the Ceni collection. Looks great in our home - blends nicely with previously purchased things. We plan to shop with Article again. "

Share Article's store rating

Article is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Article is a merchant member
Article participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,462 merchant members.