Stores > American Water Distillers
  • American Water

Voice your opinion! Review American Water Distillers by clicking a star below.
2011-02-09

"It is has a terrible design, is extremely loud and the distributor, WE BEAT PRICES is the worst, ever, had to call 3X to get a UPS tracking no...they never sent it...no packing slip was included. As soon as I opened it, I immediately knew it was way too large for my RV...they would NOT let me exchange it for smaller version. After using 3 times...the water tastes like metal and oil and unfit for drinking. You can't use it in an RV as due to the loud noise for 4 hrs. Today I'll see if my Visa people can help. (I have a home-based office and it's like having microwave on for 4 hrs--8 ft away.) DON'T BUY THE AMERICAN DISTILLER & DO NOT BUY FROM "WE BEAT PRICES.com"...$239 is not cheap. The glass container is totally sealed except for a sm. hole approx. 1 1/2" in diameter so you can never clean inside the pitcher."

2011-01-08

"I recently purchased a Love Model 2 in the stainless steel. It is beautiful. Works with no problems, producing clear distilled water in a short time. This is the same model that other dealers put a heavy price tag on and then knock American Water distillers on the different sites so they can sell you the same product for more money. Don't fall for their tricks. I love my water distiller and it arrived in two days."

2011-01-02

"DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS RIP OFF!!!!! i know that every post says about the same thing. but it is really true. i wish i would have googled some reviews about this company before i purchased one of his distillers. first off like some have said he will tell you anything to get you to buy his piece of crap. i was told to purchase with a postal money order and the order would ship faster. CRAAAAAP!!!!!! i did so and after about 2 weeks i called to see why i hadn't received it yet, "well we just processed your money order and are in the process of packaging your distiller to ship" when i finally get it i followed the skimpy instructions very carefully. i purchased an automatic distiller which required hooking into a water line like the ice machine for a refrigerator. i get it all hooked up and turn everything on and it seemed ok at first until i check a half hour later and find steam rolling out of the top of it. i shut it off wait for it to cool and go to take the top off only to discover that one corner had been screwed & nutted together, so fun to get apart. when i finally get the top off i discover that the consenser coil was not even connected into the boiler tank. so i get it connected, plug it back in and wait for it to do its thing. when the water came thru the coil it was still very hot and some white stuff was getting trapped in the screen on the post filter. i thought this was just part of the process as i didn't know much about distilling. after a couple cycles of distilling it still seemed to have an off taste to me so i decided to disassemble to check it out. when i got the boiler unit out & open i noticed a lot of buildup in it. this was not in anyway a new unit. it took me over an hour of scrubbing with vinegar to get most of it out. once i get all that done i let one tank run through and do it again. i notice that the water coming thru the coil is cool enough to touch so it seemed to be working better i guessed. the water still seemed to have an off taste but i guess that's just the nature of the beast. about a couple months ago it started acting up again and i could see sparks coming from the circuit board when some of the relays kicked in. so i pull that out and find that the fuse had gotten so hot it unsoldered itself at this point i had had enough so i tried calling for service and left a message 2x, then i call the sales option and go off on the guy he tells me to email him and he will send me an rma for the unit to be repaired. i wait and nooooo rma. what a surprise. i decided to file a complaint with bbb. that's a joke too btw. i've pretty much decided at this point to just fix the think myself and if anything else goes wrong i'll just have to fix that too. unless you are a tinkerer don't buy anything from this guy. spend the extra money and save yourself the headache."

2010-04-29

"This company is a complete rip off. Buyer beware. Although I had a GREAT experience here 10 years ago, this new guy named David is a liar. I received a damaged distiller that was missing parts. I tried to dispute the charge with my credit card company, but they do not back up customers who use their credit card checks. I have a distiller that does not work and am out $599! I tried shipping it back to AAA Wholesale but it was refused. The crude little "instruction manual" that came with my machine did not even match up with the distiller I received. I am sure there will be a special spot in hell for this con man."

2009-08-19

"BEWARE of this company. They will only answer their phone 704-544-5842 if you press 1 for sales, and if you have a customer service issue the sales person will tell you that you can only contact customer service through the web site at waterdistiller.com . There is no physical address listed on the web site, but with a little internet digging I found: Ed Porter (owner), 2853 township rd. #249, Toronto, OH 43964. It is impossible to reply to the emails that they send to you. I will never do business with this company again. Safe yourself some time and stress and do business elsewhere. It might be best to do business with a company that accepts paypal and it's buyer protection."

2009-08-07

"Here is the information it seems that none of you hafe found about Mr. Distiller.
Domain Name: WATERDISTILLER.COM

+1.3022361211
**************************************************************************
Business Contact & Profile
Business Name: AAA WHOLESALE
Business Address: 2853 TOWNSHIP RD 249TORONTO, OH 43964 See the location on a Mapquest Map See the location on a Google Map
Principal: EDWARD PORTER, MANAGER
Phone Number: (740) 544-5842
Email Address: verycleanwater@aol.com
BBB Accreditation: This business is not a BBB Accredited Business
Type of Business: WATER FILTRATION & PURIFICATION EQUIPMENT

Customer Complaint History

When considering complaint information, please take into account the business's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

BBB processed a total of 20 complaint(s) about this business in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 20 complaint(s) closed in the last 36 months, 11 were closed in the last 12 months.

These complaints concerned:
2 regarding Customer Services Issues
1 regarding Delivery Issues
2 regarding Guarantee Or Warranty Issues
7 regarding Product Issues
2 regarding Refund Or Exchange Issues
3 regarding Repair Issues
3 regarding Service Issues

These complaints were closed as:

2 Administratively Closed 1 Administratively Judged Resolved
1 BBB determined that despite the company's effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

6 Resolved 3 Assumed Resolved
3 The parties could not provide sufficient information to support their positions nor were they agreeable to make reasonable efforts toward resolving the issues of the dispute.

12 Unresolved

2009-05-29

"I purchased a water distiller from American Water Distillers approximately 7,8 months ago. The product has been working fine. My problem is the customer service that I received when ordering replacement charcoal for the distiller system.

I ordered and received 1.5 pounds of charcoal. The problem is this: the charcoal that I was sent actually drains through the mesh and enters the holding tank. Once water is in this tank, there is no more filtering done. From that point, the water is consumed.

So, i compared the 'older' charcoal (that was sent with the unit initially) with the 'newer' charcoal (that I just got in the mail). There is an obvious size difference in the charcoal grains.

I phoned American Water Distillers and spoke with the same gentleman that I have spoken with since day one. I told him of my situation (that charcoal pieces are entering the tank that should hold only clean, distilled drinking water).

Well, this man on the phone told me that that is the type charcoal being provided for all the systems. I asked for the same-type (size) charcoal that I received with my original purchase. He stated that that-type charcoal is no longer available.

I repeated my problem to him. He advised running water for 20 seconds over the 'newer' charcoal to remove the "dust". I did this. When I did so (for 3, 4 minutes, even) I still ended up with fine pieces of the 'newer' charcoal passing through the mesh and depositing itself on the palm of my hand! This same result occurred repeatedly! All of this was conveyed to the person that I was speaking with on the telephone.

I stated to the gentleman on the phone that since he could not supply the proper-size charcoal, that I wanted to return my order. He tells me that he is the expert and that what he sent me is the proper product. He goes on to tell me that it is perfectly normal for charcoal to pass through the mesh and enter the holding tank.

Be reminded that from this tank, the water is consumed--there is no more filtering done once the water enters that particular tank. I made the point that I did not believe that it is normal for sediments of charcoal to accumulate in the holding tank. He insists that such is normal! Again, I am told that I am not the expert, but that he is the expert. All I know is this: I do not want, nor will I accept sediment of any-type forming in my drinking water!!!

The gentleman on the telephone with me could not care less about my predicament, apparently. All I asked him to do is to send the same-type product that was sent with my initial purchase. He made no effort to accomodate me.

I made him aware that we will resolve this through my credit card company.

I recommend (as did a previous writer) that all who want reasonable service after the purchase...stay away from American Water Distillers.

Also, I have collected the different type charcoals that I was sent from American Water Distillers. I am saving them to show to whomever may need/want to see them. This system cost me and my family nearly $800, and this man bickers with me over less than $50!!! I am used to at least fair customer service. American Water Distillers has a lot to learn about that concept--fair customer service.

My suggestion: avoid American Water Distillers like the plague!!!

2009-03-15

"This company is a total 100% scam ripoff. I purchased a water distiller that supposedly was a brand new but untested model for $499 plus shipping. They would not accept a credit card, MO order only. The unit was delivered as promised. However, after plugging it in, it immediately began to smoke and smelled of burning wires. Sure enough, the wires were unprotected and were starting to melt. The unit also leaked badly from the back of the unit as well as the drain valve on the side of the unit. I made these repairs, buying a new valve unit. Then after about three months, it just quit heating the water. After numerous, at least one dozen calls to their "customer service" which never answered except for an answering machine, I finally talked to the sales person (or owner?) and was told it had a burned out heating element caused by not keeping the unit clean. By the way, no instruction pamphlet accompanied the unit. I was alos informed that a new heating element would cost $198. I said I didn't want to pay that much for a unit I just paid $500 for a few months ago. He then advised me to take it to a small appliance dealer which I did. This dealer, who I have known and dealt with for 35 years, informed me that the unit has two separate heating elements and that one had been burned out for quite some time. He said it was operating on only one unit during the time I had it. He also stated there was no possible way the heating element wa sonly a few months old. He said it was totally impossible for this unit to burn out as it was hardly even corroded from the water. He stated conclusively that I was sold a used water distiller although the American said conclusively that I was purchasing a brand new unit. American Water Distillers is obviously an absolutely corrupt business selling inferior and cheaply made products. They have absolutely no customer service and are rude to customers who complain. My advice as as a businessman myself; Avoid them like the plague!"

2008-07-11

"Buyer beware, bought a 400$ water distiller from this company, and after 4 months it's broke. Call the service line to get service, forget it, they never call back, and when you get him on the phone he hangs up on you. This is clearly a one man operation, he uses 4 websites that I have found:
www.wholesalewaterdistillers.com
water-distillers.com
waterdistiller.com
it's all the same phone number, but there is never an address on any of the websites, he is clearly a scam artist BEWARE!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE COMPANIES

2008-03-11

"I am completly unsatisfied with this company. I ordered a distiller and of course it stopped working and I needed a new reset button. Ordered the part which came without any instructions and of course I called to leave a voicemail message and no one called me back. These people are completely fraudulent and do not buy anything from them ever!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM AMERICAN WATER DISTILLERS."

2008-02-15

"THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE RIPOFF. BUYERS BEWARE. AMERICAN WATER DISTILLERS WILL SELL YOU A WATER DISTILLER AND THEY ARE VERY ATTENTIVE AND WILLING TO MEET YOUR EVERY NEED BUT THEN AFTER THE PURCHASE, THEY FORGET YOU EXIST AND GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND WHEN THERE'S A PROBLEM OR NEED FOR TECH SUPPORT. I ALSO HAD THE SAME GUY WHO ANSWERED THE AMERICAN WATER DISTILLERS SALES DEPARTMENT PHONE LINE IMPERSONATE BEING TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE, ON MY FIRST CALL HE WAS MIKE THEN WHEN HE HUNG UP ON ME AND I CALLED HIM BACK, HE WAS DAVID. HE ALSO KNEW OF NO SUPERVISORS OR ANYONE ELSE IN A MANAGEMENT POSTION WHO COULD SPEAK WITH ME. THIS COMPANY IS ALSO FRAUDULENT IN NOT SUPPLYING INVOICES WITH THEIR SALES. I AM REPORTING THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND FTC FOR UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES AND COMPELL ANYONE AFFECTED BY THE AMERICAN WATER DISTRILLERS COMPANY TO REPORT THEM AS WELL. THIS IS A ROGUE COMPANY. BE AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2007-07-13

"CAN'T FIND MY INVOICE.Stay away from this outfit. Purchased around July '05.Unit was always noisy and I lived with that.Kept blowing top cover off.The deflector inside was too close to the steam inlet. Inconsistent water production;sometimes a full pitcher,sometimes not. Moving the gasket helped to some degree.Finally decided to get another gasket.No warranty claim,just buy one.

Customer service(?)never returned my calls.When I called sales the salesman was friendly until I told him I needed a part and not a new purchase.he referred me back to service(?).Got snotty when I told him they don't respond.Hung up on me.
I would strongly suggest looking to another co.before buying from this bunch. I finally got my part from Nutri Team with no hassles and a lot of good suggestions from them.

2006-10-12

"I don't have my invoice. But, I purchased my distiller in April of 2004. I didn't install it till June. Last week it quit working. I called the company and pushed all the right buttons to get to the customer service line. I could only leave a message. 4 days later no call back. Today I called and pushed the right numbers for the sales department. Of course someone answered that line. I explained my problem. He said the element was burned out and I would need a replacement for $141. This is the good part! I asked why customer service never called back. The guy said that they NEVER call back someone whose distiller is out of warrenty. I asked if he was kidding. He saiD people dont want service they just want price. I guess even if they sell defective equipment. I ordred the new element and will be disputing my purchase with my credit card company for the purchase price of the distiller. I want my money back. DON'T EVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Follow UP!! The person at this co. Just called me and said since I wrote this he was go to put my Credit card # on the internet for anyone to use. Then he threatend me physicaly. Also so the review imdeatley following mine was posted by him right after I wrote this. He had the guts to tell me he was going to write a positive rating. I cancled my card. The card company said they where going to contact the FBI and start an invstigation and the this company has had many fraudulant complaints against it. "

2006-10-12

"Best one I have ever owned, and I have found it to be 100's of cheaper than other companies that are just reselling the same thing. I have purchased 4 of these for my family, and have had them for over 8 years, and have been working grea! We are purchasing another one for my Grandson this year!"

2006-10-04

"I also received no invoice (like the previous rating said). The distiller fan motor became noisier over time. 'Called tech support for 2 weeks and only got voicemail and never received a call back. Finally spoke to sales department (I knew someone would answer THAT line) and was told that the fans are noisy (he kept side stepping the issue of the unit getting noisier over time). Secondly, I needed another glass bottle which I ordered at that time. A week later I called for a status update on the bottle order and was told that it would be 3-6 MONTHS for it. I asked why I wasn't told at the time of order and was given no real response. When I told him that I thought overall their customer service was really bad his only comment was, "Ok, well thank you, and if there's anything else I can do for you let me know." Obviously, this company knows NOTHING about customer service after the sale."

Share American Water Distillers's store rating

American Water Distillers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

American Water Distillers is not a merchant member
American Water Distillers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!