2007-02-20

"I love the flexibility American CompuTech gives me in configuring custom machines. Great pricing. I'm a repeat customer."

2006-06-13

"This is the second machine I've ordered from them and I can't say enough about the superior workmanship and service they provide. I will continue dealing with them in the future and would refer them to anyone."

2006-03-24

"Fast shipping. Computer was packed very well. I am very satisfied."

2006-03-05

"Very high quality build and test of kit. Everything came as advertised and carefully boxed for shipping. Will definitely be using these guys in the future."

2005-11-21

"I purchased an AMD based system that was delivered and works perfectly. They gave me help with my order when needed. I am really happy with the product and will order from them again. Thank you much."

2005-11-15

"Terrible service, ordered computer from them, and they did not have the parts I ordered. Once I received the computer, the hard drive was defective. Tech support would not help only saying I had to call the mfg. Tech support cursed me out. Called tech support 2 times with no help any time, they insisted I did not know what I was doing. Would not take back the defective part. Followed tech supports step by step instructions to remedy the problem and then when it still did not work they did not accept the returned part. I called customer service for help and they kept transfering me to tech support. Was unable to return the computer either and if I wanted to it would be at my expense. Will never purchase from this company again. Would like to report them to Better Business Bureau."

2005-10-28

"I am a home user that likes to build computers with specific components. I purchased a high-end system from American CompuTech and had no problem with the delivery or the computer. I will definitely buy from them again."

2005-09-06

"I ordered a laptop from them in mid July and after two weeks of waiting without a shipping confimation I checked my order status on their site and it said on hold. I called and they told me it was on backorder which was not indicated anywhere on their site about the product. They kept telling me it would ship this week every time I called but finally after over five weeks it finally came. I ordered the processor from another company as it was cheaper, I took the processor specs right off their drop down box. As I'm about to put the processors in, oops, it doesn't take a socket 478 like their site said but a socket 775. Lost $200 on that. Otherwise the product seems good, packaged nice."

2005-06-03

"I purchased a PC form American Computers. I feel that a GROSS misrepresentation of the product was made. The Item is a "M825G+Pro3100A+ Series Kit"
The items listed in this PC as they appear on my order are:
"PC Chips M825G V9.2a, video/audio/LAN, DDR266/333, Retail Box
AMD Athlon Pro3100A+ Processor
ECS Socket cooling fan
512 MB DD333 PC2700 Non-ECC Micron/SpecTek
1.44Mb 3.5 Mitsumi Beige Floppy Drive OEM
ACI Beige MidTower ATX400W PS w/2 Front USB
Ps2 Windows Keyboard Beige"
When I received the unit and got an operating system installed, I found that the processor was a "mobile AMD Athlon XP-M 2000+" which runs at 1.67 GHz. The order implied that it was a 3000+ processor which runs at approx. 2.3GHz.
When I inquired about this, I was told that it was a kit and the processor could not be changed. And I was told that I was stupid if I didn't understand that.
I feel this is a Poor way to run a business and do not intend to do business with this Co. ever again, but for now, I'm left with an inferior product which I would have never purchased if it had been clearly stated what type processor it contained. This is clearly deception at its finest.
It is obvious that the Co. does not intend to do anything to correct this situtation or their advertising.
I am very dissatisfied with this unit and do not want it, but I guess I'm stuck with it.

Blair Hildebrand

2005-06-03

"Upon receiving my order I discovered that the motherboard I ordered (ABIT IS7-M) had been substituted for a board that cost half as much (ASUS P4P800-MX) that had no AGP slot. When I called the company, they said they would look into it. After about half a dozen phone calls over the next 2 days, they claim to have received authorization from me to make this switch. At the begining of the conversation they claimed to have an email but when I asked for it the then said it was a phone authorization. End of the story is I ended up paying frieght both ways to get them to install another motherboard, since they were unable to order the IS7-M. An extra $40 cost for them to do the job that I paid them to do. "

2005-05-10

"Couldn't ask for an easier transaction - great bazrebones system"

2005-04-30

"Best hardware company I've come across in Years and Years. Doing an excellent job for me"

2005-04-23

"Sent system with a bad power supply and hard drive. Tech support was rude and arrogant. I could replace the bad parts for less than the loss of shipping and my own customers dissatisfaction. I will not buy anything from this source again unless they make restitution and change support personel. -- Doyne DR PC Plus"

2005-04-19

"It took me a week to get ahold of anyone at this company...they don't answer emails or return calls..

had to use autodial about 30 times to finally get through

2005-04-12

"order arrived a tad late (about two weeks) but when it did arrive it was well packaged and everything was working well."

Share American CompuTech, Inc's store rating