Stores > Amazon.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.05/10 4.05/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.51/10 3.51/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.37/10 3.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
Voice your opinion! Review Amazon.com by clicking a star below.
2017-11-22

Horrible delivery service

"Amazon is great at a lot of things, just not in their delivery options or self carriers.
i.e. They have their own delivery service and it's good for same day shipping and delivery, just not when delivering your product as expected. I have found my packages the the next morning by my garage door outside, by the outside of my entry way door. They refuse to rind the doorbell, I have watched them out my window just drop the package, and just leave and mark the package as delivered. If I'm not there to see them, do you know how many sketchy people can stop by and just grab it. So I gotta give Amazon a horrible rating on this part of their service.

2017-11-21

Delivery FAILS, Amazon changing shipping times in system (from Prime to Standard)

"Purchase something w/ Prime and the system switches from Prime to Standard Delivery after order is in. I watch as it happened, deliver went from Tuesday to Friday for somethings that's IN Stock. This is NOT the 1st time this has happened and it's becoming frustrating.

Amazon has changed delivery methods and providers. I used to get 'to door' delivery of items and now some come via courier service, some UPSP, some UPS, whatever. And last order was 3 day delivery for un-stock that after waiting (as it was a $500 item), then switched to Monday. What happened to delivering 7 days??? I live 30 minutes from fulfillment center here in SoCal. Now I find items dropped off late night by plain clothes people that look like they're casing the place. No door knock, no notice. Just supposed to sit and stare out the door or leave it for others to steal.

This last time, contact Customer Service, they tell me I selected Standard Delivery. As IF I would do this. They didn't answer as to why the OTHER item I ordered at the same time was being delivered today (Tuesday.)

Then later in the 'chat' he confirms, yes I DID select 2 day BUT then they changed it to Standard 5 day delivery. Item showed 'in stock'.

I'm DONE dealing with India. I have nothing against the country or the people, just that they read their scripts and repeat, repeat, repeat till you will agree to anything just to not deal with them again.

Amazon has / had 2 things going for it. Cost and Convenience. Well, they're slipping on both as Walmart now offers faster local delivery and pricing is competitive. Everyone now will price match now so the edge is gone there. It irks me to pay for a premium service and get Standard.

Off to BestBuy to purchase today what Amazon could not seem to get to me on time.

Happy Holidays all.

2017-11-18

Read the Reviews--Agree with some

"My wife and I have been buying from Amazon for years and have had very few problems. The problems we have had were handled fast and well by their service staff. If it required me to send back the item, all I needed to do was repackage the item. A guy would show up at the door within a couple days with a prepaid, pre-addressed label that he would slap on the package, and away it would go. Almost everything we have purchased from/via them has been true to description and rating. I have read many reviews about the new delivery service issues and these people have valid issues that need to be addressed by the company. I have never signed up for Prime (even though the way they make you do your orders may trick one into signing up for it.), and probably never will. We do not ever need fast delivery on anything we buy from them, and like the delivery we get from USPS or UPS, or FEDEX. It seems that most of Amazon's problems are self-inflicted because they deal with issues of delivery and/or service. Maybe they should ditch their own delivery service---since most of the really great, reliable delivery personnel were snapped up long ago by the "other guys". They need to stick to basics and leave the rest to others to handle. "

2017-11-17

Sensational Service

"So after ordering a sunroof wind deflector for my car and receiving it with a crack, I called Amazon service and they cheerfully sent me a new one, with out even returning the old one! This was the easiest , most enjoyable exchange, return issue or NON-return experience I've ever encountered. That's why Amazon is number 1, thanks so much!!!"

2017-11-16

Going downhill

"Placed an order on Friday for an item available to deliver on Sunday. Sunday came and went and nothing. Finally got a notice of delivery on Tuesday. Just plain awful. No explanation just awful fulfillment"

2017-11-12

loved the Imily Bela Cardigan

"the sweater khachi color came in about 7 days so was happy about that and it fits perfect got a small because of measurements
mentioned and I am 130lbs 5ft 6 goes real good with my red buttenup shirts very nice material

2017-11-09

Love

"I'm not sure how people have so many negative reviews about amazon. They have a really great returning policy and the majority of the time I always receive my items on time. Having prime is honestly the best. I do wish some of their items were not bulk only but its okay. "

2017-11-09

Pathetic Customer Support & Seller

"Both Customer Support & Seller are pathetic. Before making an order, I asked them if the item will be deliverable, to India(International delivery, USA to India), both customer support and seller said item will be delivered to India. But even then, before making an order, I tried to ask the same question from several customer support and they all said deliverable to India. Finally, I bought $2000 amazon gift card from third party. I made an order of laptop Dell Alienware 17 R4, I used gift card, and paid rest of the amount from my debit card.

Following are the details.

===================================================
ORDER # 113-2215371-0609818

ORDER PLACED October 7, 2017
Alienware AW17R4-7006SLV-PUS 17" Gaming Laptop (7th Generation Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Silver) with NVIDIA GTX 1070

Seller ==> Beach Camera Same Day Shipping

===================================================

They cancelled my order, and when I asked customer support they asked me to make order again, as there must be some mistake. So I made the order again on 10th October. Following are the details.
===============================================
ORDER # 113-7252378-8515458
ORDER PLACED October 10, 2017

Seller ==> Beach Camera Same Day Shipping

===============================================

They cancelled my order again. I again talked to customer support and seller both and really this made me crazy. They were giving wrong information, offering me $5-$20 for all of this trouble. Amazon Customer Support do not value their customer's time.

Finally, I need to write mail to Jeff Bezos CEO of Amazon and then I came to know, this item could not be delivered to India. and neither they can refund my Amazon gift card as it was bought by 3rd party, and neither 3rd party allows any refund. So my $2000 became waste now. I just sent my $2000 gift card code, to Jeff Bezos, as a contribution to improve the Amazon Pathetic Customer Support.

2017-11-07

Everything you are looking for.

" They have just about everything you are looking for. Some prices are a little higher than other places. Also their shipping costs are more than the price of the product, unless you purchase their prime. That costs of that is $99 Dollars a year."

2017-11-06

Going downhill esp their new delivery service

"I have been an Amazon prime customer many years now and I have never had a problem with Amazon, until they started their new delivery service with their own drivers. Omg let me tell you what a disaster this delivery service is. I have gotten literally every excuse as to why my packages haven’t come by the promised date. From it being lost, to false scans saying they delivered it but didn’t, only for them to in middle of night, to them saying they couldn’t access my front door cause I live in a gated community (but I don’t live in a gated community), to it just being plain late, days late. I am so over their delivery service. Never had an issue with UPS, USPS, FedEx, or any others, only Amazon delivery. The guys also don’t wear uniforms and look like damn hoodlum punks, driving un-marked vans around like pedophiles. GET YOUR $@#* together AMAZON. You’ll be loosing good prime memberships and customers if you continue down this road. Stop being greedy, and start being dependable again. I will gladly stop using Amazon, I mean they are only a convenience, but lately they are more of a hassle. "

2017-11-06

"I ordered Amazon Kindle Fire 8 tablet and I just registered on October 2017, when the App FORCED me to enter my credit card, as result i discovered today that i was charged on 17/10/2017 by 99$!(!) for Prime membership.

I DID NOT agreed with any deal like this and never confirmed this.
Therefore i disappointed your APP, ask immediately for REFUND and will think how to continue deal with Amazon goods...

Shes a beut

"wow she was a beut and very nice my beut is very beutifuul and this is my love and lif a vaccum it haz nic litl thig tha makes it wok nice"

2017-11-05

Amazon gets hacked, our money gets stolen, and they refuse to help.

"We received a gift card for our wedding. One month later we attempted to redeem the credit and were told that someone else had. Spoke to 5 different customer service people that explained there is nothing they can do. They have a deeply flawed system and don’t believe their own customers, so the gift was just wiped out. No offer of credit or even to discuss it with fraud prevention, just wanted to get us off the phone. Now my wife is crying. "

2017-11-02

Impossible to see these bad reviews

"I've been buying on Amazon for over a decade, and although there are new services competing with them, they provide one of the overall best buying experiences in the world.

There is indeed such a thing as bad experiences, but there's also lazy buyers :O

2017-11-02

Amazon drivers scan packages as "delivered" although no delivery was ever made. Despicable!

"On a Saturday, I purchased gifts for a brother and sister who were involved in a horrific car accident. They both were hit in the face with airbags which left their faces bloody and torn. I ordered all the gifts on the same day but the girl's gifts came Monday and some on Tuesday, while the boy, who was the youngest, received nothing. He was very sad and disappointed that he wasn't being treated the same as his older sister. Amazon assured me that they would deliver on Wednesday.by 8pm. With that information I assured the boy to expect his gifts the very next day by 8pm. Well, after school, he sat by the door all evening waiting for his gifts. 8 o'clock came and 8 o'clock went, he tried to be patient and wait a little longer. By 9pm he was crying hysterically because he feels he's not cared for as much as his sister, so he eventually went to his room and shut the door. No one could convince him to come out. So, at 10:45, I sent a message to Amazon to call me regarding the delivery and at the same time the app indicated the gifts had been delivered!!!!! It was now 10:47. I called the boy and told him to go get his packages so he could open them!! He was ectstatic!! Now, he's scared of the dark but he was so excited and wanted his gifts SO bad that he went outside to find them. They weren't by the garage, they weren't by the front door, they weren't by the back door; he walked all the way around the entire house--NOTHING. So, I called Amazon back and the representative says to have him check the neighbors houses. Nothing was at any of the neighbors' houses. So I called Amazon AGAIN. And she said oh, just have him look outside in the morning. He went to bed frustrated and upset. The next day, nothing was there, so I called Amazon AGAIN. The representative stated that the driver did a "mis scan" and that he never actuall delivered the package it was brought back to the distribution center for the night. She said that at 1:30am they rolled back the scan to update the system to show that the packages still needed to be delivered. And they should get there by 5pm. So, I asked, why does Amazon website still indicate that the package was delivered on time, YESTERDAY, if you rolled it back to show it still needed to be delivered TODAY. She couldn't answer; I told her that I don't feel like it was a "mis scan" or an accident... I believe it was intentionally scanned as
"on time" delivery to make it appear that Amazon is on schedule, or so the driver wouldn't be penalized, or so that the supervisor could get a nice bonus this year. If this package was for me, I'm a grown up, I wouldn't have minded at all. This was not the case and I'm extremely disappointed in knowing that they would be so unethical about a delivery just to keep their numbers up and their stockholders happy. Disgusted!!

Share Amazon.com's store rating

Amazon.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Amazon.com is not a merchant member
Amazon.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!