Stores > Aircraft Spruce & Specialty
  • Aircraft Spruce

Voice your opinion! Review Aircraft Spruce & Specialty by clicking a star below.
2018-02-15

Great service

"I had an issue with customer service with shipping costs against a RMA...but they called me and immediately resolved the issue. Very pleasant staff.

2017-06-26

Shady business

"They sell broken parts and then won't accept returns. And let's not forget the overpriced shipping. "

2017-04-20

Terrible online experience

"They didn't provide a shipping quote at checkout. I tried to contact them to get an estimate but they wouldn't answer their phone. I then was charged triple the price of the item for shipping without my consent. They refused to give me a partial refund for the ridiculous charge. "

2015-01-06

"I have been using aircraft spruce for a decade restoring Stearman aircraft. Service has always been first class. Returns and replacements have been prompt. No hassles so far. Shipping is high so buy stuff in bunches rather than here a nut there a nut. Very Happy

Luis F. Villar MD FACS
Villar Plastic Surgery
Stuart, Fl 34994
772-286-3722

2014-09-25

"I bought a David Clark headset + spare parts etc. value 795 usd
Later on I was surprised by beieng debited an extra 96 usd for shipping costs, also that when ordering the shipping costs where mentioned at zero.
I complained to the customer service representative and was facing a wall...... She said that TBA was written beside shipping cost column. I verified, that's right, but it was not obvious when I ordered.
First and last time that I place an order to them and I'll make sure that my pilot friends won't buy from them.

2013-05-14

"Placed order from TX. It took two days to arrive, exactly what I ordered. I'm sorry to hear that others have had problems. It was my fist order, so we'll see how my next order goes. Pretty happy so far. "

2013-01-22

"Horrible service i ordered a drill that was a us industrial in the picture and they sent me a klassic air tool angle drill so when i contcted them to say it wasnt the same drill as in the pic they told me it was exactly as ordered and changed the pic on the site to the klassic air tool. I sent it all back for refund and they only refunded me 30 dollars out of 415 and when i tried to contact them via phone or email they never replied. I suggest never doing buisness with these crooks again much rather pay duties and extra shipping from other sites dont recommend aircraft spruce for nothing but a headache"

2012-09-06

"After spending $23,000 with this company in the last 9 months alone, I find myself without any customer service, and refuse to buy another item from this company. I had to return an audio panel because it did not work out of the box. The only return I have ever made by the way, its not like i make a habit of sending things back. I sent to the address they said, sent it rush mail which cost me a bit more, but thats OK. Only to have them hold it until they get enough items to ship to the U.S.. They informed me they save money by shipping in bulk like that. So my plane sits gounded while they save up enough returns to to fill a truck!!!!!!!!! So far they have had the audio panel for 21 days and have done nothing with it. "

2012-08-28

"Ordered parts from their Canadian website. All parts were shown as being in stock. Received all but one item and was advised it was on back order. The back ordered item was shipped from the US separately and I was charged additional shipping and duty on the item. When I called to inquire about the matter was treated in a discourteous and rude manner."

2012-08-21

"I ordered two light pieces of metal sheet measuring 4' X 4' and they charged me $90 ground shipping. They could have done better but chose not to. There was no discussion on how to ship except to send it the best and cheapest way. So I paid $90 shipping on about $50 worth of material. A protest to customer service proved useless. Shop Wicks Aircraft or anyone else."

2012-07-18

"Where do I start....paid for 3 day shipping, received the order after 1 week. Did not receive entire order. I ended up leaving for my job and had my neighbor deal with returning my order because my tool had been picked up and I was sick of dealing with the rude customer service lady. Still haven't received my refund. Do yourself a favor and order from somewhere else. Many other site offer free shipping"

2012-04-15

"I ordered a watch on the Aircraft Spruce website and paid for it with Visa online. A done deal I thought, but NO they contacted me demanding payment by bank transfer. I guess they did not want to honour the price and decided to break the contract. Bush league - I will never deal with them again. "

2012-03-19

"Underhanded and devious. I stopped doing business with them years ago because they would charge my credit card for items on backorder, and never get around to shipping them. I finally relented and order a $1,600 life raft from them with the ad noting "free shipping". They emailed me the next day to tell me there was a $98 "inbound freight" charge. I cancelled the order, and within 15 minutes found another vendor offering the identical raft for $45 less and posting a flat-rate shipping charge of $49. It turns out this $49 is a flat rate charged by the manufacturer in order to drop ship the raft directly to the end user anywhere in the US. So, ACS was going to simply double the flat-rate after posting a higher price and a "free freight" offer. I'll pay more elsewhere before doing business with a bait-and-switch artist. I don't mind paying for things that are posted up front."

2011-11-29

"Caution on Spruce Gill Battery Warranty. I bought a Gill 35 batt that went bad in 9 months' Upon replacing the batt they charged my credit card $34. claiming the batt went up in price so I had to pay the difference They blamed Gill but Gill claims its Spruce, so who knows. The batt was suppose to have a replacement warranty. My aircraft parts will be bought elsewhere in the future"

2011-11-18

"terrible....... ordered my altimiter on the 11th, ordered 3 day shipping, and its the 19th and still no altimiter. No response from the company, nothing.... left in the dark... I give this negative 5 stars, -5 stars."

Share Aircraft Spruce & Specialty's store rating

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty is not a merchant member
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!