Stores > Acronis
  • Acronis

Product & services pricing Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Acronis by clicking a star below.

Defective Software and Abysmal Support

"I backed up my business computers using Acronis True Image. My computer failed, but I wasn't totally alarmed because I had been smart and backed up regularly. My loss of data should have been quite minimal. BUT NO!!!! Acronis True Image would not restore my machine. Acronis tech support (off-shore and frustrating to deal with) kept putting me off. After a day I HAD to start rebuilding on my own so that I could move forward with my business. After a month they offered me a refund. Gee thanks Acronis. I SINCERELY IMPLORE YOU TO RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS RUBBISH COMPANY ! ! !"

Chattanooga TN

Even their trial doesn't install!!!

"I purchased True Image 2017 but I hadn't installed it yet. Today I buy a WD 8TB drive. WD Discovery has Acronis as one of the Apps. So I go to the link and download the trial for Acronis True Image 2018. My intent was to see if my serial number would work with the new version. The download at Gigabit speed took over 10 minutes. It was painfully SLOW. The DL file was AcronisTrueImage2018_full_9320.exe. Then when I was finishing the installation it tells me that there is a newer version (It is REALLY bad that Acronis has the older version on their site!) Then after another 10 minutes, I get the Installation Failed with the triangle and !. I click view details and get...
Product: Acronis True Image 2018
Build: 10640
Date: 2/7/2018
Time: 10:59:23 PM
More info: Acronis Knowledge Base
Error details: Installation has failed. Fatal error during installation

If you still need assistance, contact our Support team.

The error message above is at url...

I am extremely disatisfied and would like my money back.

Just doesn't work

"Won't clone. Won't do a full image backup. Everything fails for no reason. Easily the worst money I've ever spent on anything. Total garbage. This should have been a click and forget kind of thing. Instead it's been a 6 hours here, 8 ho"

Worst ever customer service!

"Product does not work with iPhone X. Customer service terrible."

would give ZERO stars if I could

"Destroyed my computer....got Blue Screen of Death.....it never backed up. I purchased 47 days ago, but they will not refund over 30 days from purchase....I have to now buy a new computer.....DO NOT BUY this . I bought Carbonite and it worked on first try to backup online as I am trying to get everything off of my computer to download from online backup. I can not turn off my computer as I am afraid I will not get through another Blue Screen of Death.....they even acknowledge BSD on troubleshooting portion of their page.
So ****.

No Refund Policy - 3 Companies could not make it work!

"After 3 months and a year-long battle with the company the product never worked, cost me over 10k in it service charges and even after multiple attempts by their own IT staff they could not make it work and refused to repay the licensing fees. I don't know about you but if your an idiot please purchase this product. I am sure the company will fold and we are now taking steps to go to small claims court to recoup our costs and have the product blocked from sale in the Australian market.

Would give even less stars ...

"As the title says, i would give it even less stars, like minus 5 or so ... Wanted it to clone my HD, not only did it NOT work, also got a virus. Thanks very much for that. "

Backed up files disappeared, support absoluetly worthless. Hours wasted, media gone.

"Backed up 2 mobile devices and 2 desktops to cloud. Phone broke, went to back up new phone, files lost. Spent hur and half w/ foreign customer support (and that is all there is from all of my calls, chats, and emails...not that this means anything others than the language barrier). Generated report, was told I would be contacted, was not, multiple emails, calls (one of which told me I had to pre-pay for support), and calls. Zero help, all lost. Do not count on Acronis. "

"I was using True Image 2014 which was OK. The user interface sucked. But I could back up both Windows and Linux disks. And most of the time I could restore them. With 2017 I can hardly get anything to work. It locks often. It trashed a drive I was backing up so I had to rebuild it from scratch. Did they write this thing in Java? Seriously dudes find your old programmers. You've ruined a previously useful product. I was going to update to 2018. But if it's anything like this I'll have to look elsewhere."

Don't buy!

"i backed up my files, but I can't get them back and support was worthless"

Too many defects

"Trueimage consolidation does not work. Backup to removable media fails with multiple volumes. The 2017 update sneaked in a change from perpetual software license to subscription license time bomb. The only solution the tech support offets is reinstall, which loses the backup definitions. I used this product fot many years but they took it right into the ditch. I am finding a different solution.

Stay Away

"Support from Switzerland, Netherlands, or Poland -- Only responds once every 3-4 days with bad and confusing information. When asked for clarification, we get no response. Escalated through Support Management, but they are of no help either. We were told by Acronis that their Cloud has had some indexing/quota problems that were affecting multiple customers and they don't know how (or are unwilling) to fix the problem. DO NOT BUY"

Acronis experience is horrible- software, support, there is nothing good I can say

"I had good experience with online backup systems for years, but decided to give Acronis 2016 a try because it claimed to have the ability to do a full image backup so that data, configuration, apps, everything can be restored with the click of a button-

However, as far as I can tell Acronis is incapable of backing up data or image for a standard sized computer (300-600GB) and their 2017 product also didn't fix the problem- Here is my experience:

1. Setup is relatively dodgy, but once I had it setup to back to a network disk, it ran for 12 hours and then provided a note to say that it couldn't complete the process- I tried again connected by cat6 in case the problem was low wifi bandwidth, but the result were the same.

2. I have contacted Acronis on 5 or more occasions, each time they take hours online and give me hours long tests to run after the call and they tell me it is fixed- they tested my external drive (it works fine when I manually copy hundreds of G), however after collecting data for 10+ hours, the app will not complete the backup as described above.

3. Last attempt was actually funny- the support tech took over my computer, set up a 4k test back up and said that it worked, everything is fine-

Considering my past experience, I told him that this didn't prove anything, so he had me attach a 6g thumb drive, he tested again and essentially told me that this configuration works, so just back up to this thumb drive in the future- I had to point out that I am backing up 10* the amount of data and that was the reason for the network drive. That seemed to confuse him, he said he would escalate, but I still have not talked to anyone who could fix the problems.

4. I can't dedicate the hours upon hours that they ask to test and have tried to contact them on multiple occasions- however each time they start from scratch- they admitted that only store cases for the short term, so they never learn from our previous findings.

My guess is that their product works with small amounts of data that back up quickly and that they loose synchronization with multi G backups over the network.

I have literally invested a week or more messing with this system- They will not refund and they can't fix it-

If you need an image backup and have more than megabytes of data, I would suggest that you find a better back up package, because Acronis software and support does not work (including their 2017 release!)

Just Say "No"

"I've had a long history with Acronis. Due to the marking muscle, I fell pray to their various product overhauls over the years only to find that they're apparently investing more in advertising and promotion than in backup/restore technology. The latest Acronis 11.7 Backup product running under Windows 10 Enterprise just never worked reliably: I had several backup jobs scheduled and they would run successfully only about 25% of the time. I have an email alert on all of my backup jobs yet when I had a disk-full condition on one of my target backup drives, I never received any sort of popup, email, or alert telling me about this. So when I went to restore some files from what I thought was a recent backup, I saw that the last successful run had been more than two weeks earlier. The point is that for a supposedly sophisticated state-of-the-art backup system, it couldn't alert me of a problem. However, if there ever is a licensing issue or update, Acronis figures out a way to alert you... But the story doesn't end there: When I went to restore files from the backup created two weeks earlier, it turned out that the media did not contain the files it should have contained. Furthermore, it was part of an incremental backup, and one of the backups in the set was somehow generating "access denied" errors even though I was logged on as admin to the same Windows 10 workstation that performed the backup. When I went to uninstall the product, a popup appeared that told me I had to close Explorer for the uninstall to continue--it told me to click "Continue" if I wanted to continue with the uninstall and reboot after. The problem is that this particular dialog did not offer a "Continue" button--it had only "Cancel, Retry, and Ignore". When I clicked Ignore, I later founds dozens of stray entries in my registry, had Acronis-related errors when booting into Windows, and stray folders/files on disk. It took me over 3 hours to manually remove all of those entries (running the "clean" utility from Acronis didn't help get rid of these stray elements).

If you don't believe any or all of the above, do amuse yourself by finding the RELEASE NOTES for any build of any Acronis product, especially Backup 11.7. There you will see unbelievable notes from Acronis saying that they, for example, fixed a problem where backed-up files were missing or corrupted, or where other kinds of problems either prevented files from being backed up or prevented them from being restored. When the product is pricey, glitzy, and supposedly rated best by many promotional sites, it boggles the mind how Acronis could possibly stay in business given the unreliability of its backup technologies.

I am going to try Paragon Backup 16 or Ashampoo's Backup product next. I will NEVER AGAIN install ANY product from Acronis.

Glad I got to try before

"I buy. It did a beautiful job of continuously backing up my drives. Always there, reliably writing a hefty continuously updated backup. One day I had to do a restore. You guessed it. First the boot media wouldn't boot. Screwed around a long time getting that fixed, then finally got into the program on boot, and there was the backup file, and... it wouldn't recognize it. I'd select it, and.. nothing.

And that's what I think of the software. Nothing.

Share Acronis's store rating

Acronis is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Acronis is not a merchant member
Acronis does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!