Stores > AT&T Wireless Services

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.67/10 0.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
Voice your opinion! Review AT&T Wireless Services by clicking a star below.
2017-11-12

Horrible Coverage, Dropped Calls, Poor Customer Service

"I left Verizon Wireless to go to AT&T Wireless because they were offering a deal to lock in a special DirecTV rate for two years. I had assumed (incorrectly) that Verizon and AT&T’s networks were essentially the same regarding coverage area, speed, and customer service. Well, I was wrong on all fronts.

Let’s start with their coverage area. There is no comparison. AT&T’s coverage is horrible. I would have three bars and be talking on my phone via Bluetooth in my car and then drive less than a mile and be down to one bar. Next thing I know, the person on the other end keeps telling me I’m cutting out. Finally, the signal dropped altogether, and I lost the call. The coverage inside of buildings was horrible as well. I was lucky if I could even get one bar. Many times, I wouldn’t have any service. I couldn’t make a call, send a text, or browse the web. It was extremely frustrating.

Did I mention their customer service is horrible? The people that answer the phones have heavy accents which makes them very difficult to understand. I’m sure you get where I’m going with this. When I called to complain about the problems I was having, they told me there was nothing they could do about the coverage but asked me if an extra 4 GB of data each month would help. I thought they were joking. What good is an extra 4 GB of data if you can’t get any service?

It got so bad for my wife and I that we left AT&T after less than six months. We knew it would be costly. We had Samsung Galaxy 8 phones to pay off, and we no longer had the DirecTV price locked in for two years. But what is the point of having cellular service if it doesn’t work? The whole point of having a cell phone is so you can make calls when you need to.

So now we are back with Verizon and my wife and I couldn’t be happier. The problems we had with AT&T have all gone away. It wasn’t a fluke. I proved to myself that AT&T is incredibly inferior to Verizon. I will never leave Verizon Wireless.

I hope my poor and expensive experience will prevent anyone from using AT&T for anything. They are a horrible company.

2017-11-04

HIDEOUS SERVICE ACTIVATING IPHONE X AND APPLE WATCH SERIES 3

"I spent an hour activating my watch by phone with ATT while other carriers activated theirs easily. Today I wasted another hour because the ATT clods hid their activation page and customers service people gave badly misleading advice on where and how to activate, like sending me to the Mobile Transfer App, which doesn't do phone activation. The DNA of ATT is monopoly, bureaucracy, copper wire telephone company and that will never change."

2017-10-23

Horrible customer service

"I have been a customer for 23 years, I have had horrible service since hurricane Irma and a little before. Spent over 4 hours between 3 phone calls and a web chat. I have 7 lines and pay over $300, they say there is nothing wrong with my service or my phone but they will give me a $15 credit for my trouble. And they will be giving credits to customers effected in Florida in 2-3 months. Well I didn't go over on my data, phone or text because I had no service for over a week. I will be leaving them as soon as my service contracts are up. So sad that companies no longer care about there customers.

2017-10-09

Horrible customer service/billing dept

"I have been with AT&T for 10 years and last year been hell. Billing never correct. Service super expensive,unlimited does not mean that. Just rude billing mgr. Just don't see customers just numbers. Service ****, spotty coverage. New phone can t get service in my house in the city of Kent. They keep saying will be fixed,been 6 months. I work with a ton of medical staff and hear complaints about AT&T, I still kept them. Not anymore I hear better service from Sprint and even T Mobile. We Will be switching !! We have 3 cells and 4 tablets. I hope AT&T learns to take responsibility . He said she said no-one ever on the same page. Customers matter!!! "

2017-09-18

I know these people don't have a conscience

"My Obama phone had at&t service and it was missing texts. Next I switched to Landline lifeline they have stolen as much money as possible from me. They are not for helping the low income but taking advantage of the federal governments program to help low income people call 911 in an emergency. I hope capitalism kicks their **** as this utility is desecrating the low income.

2017-09-16

Crooked billing for canceled cell service

"The ATT website clearly states that customers are billed for service a month in advance. I paid my bill on 9/4/17 before it was even posted online. It is normally due around the 21st of the month. Their site indicated that I had a credit (negative balance) because I paid it so early. My college child's phone was not working properly, and when she came home on 9/9/17, we went into an att office to look into getting a new phone for her. I had just paid off the two phones on the account with the last payment and had been paying insurance on the phones. The att rep was not helpful and recommended we wait a month or two for the prices of phones to drop. When your child is away at college you don't wait a month for them to have a working phone! Idiot att rep!,, Did I mention I've been with att for +10 years. I left and went to Verizon and switched that day with new phones and paying less per month than what I was paying att. Now att says they will not refund any of my payment even though I used their service for only one week of the month paid in advance. They keep saying that what is written on the website is confusing. Ha! I have three college degrees and can read very well, in fact I'm a teacher, and the website is not confusing to me at all. Att is going to try and steal $100+ from me and then charge me even more for the one week I used their service. This is not honest business practice. They might steal it but not w/o a fight from me, and I won't be paying them another cent. BBB will be getting a complaint from me. Take my advise and don't ever switch to this crooked company! I would give them negative stars if I could."

2017-09-15

Liars

"We were going to switch our service over to AT&T from another provider to try and save some money. Everything sounded great over the phone,( a conversation that took way too long. 5 hours on the phone with a representative is insane!) We were told we would get brand new cell phones plus a voucher to use to pay off our old phones we were using with our carrier. Sounded perfect! Well, our new phones arrived, (Late. They said they would ship them priority overnight but apparently that takes a week.) But the voucher we were told would come with them was nowhere to be found. When we called them up to ask where it was, (another horrendously long phone call) we were told "we don't do that." What?! Needless to say, we asked to speak to a supervisor, then manager... so on and so-forth, each time telling us that they did not do such things and that we needed to make a choice. Keep our phones and deal with it. Or send everything back. They didn't even offer to make things right after they listened to the recorded conversation that did indeed involve them telling us we would get a voucher to pay off our old phones. Not wanting to deal with this, we packed up our phones and sent them back. We called them and informed them that they had been sent and we were told everything was now cancelled and that was that. Weeks later.... surprise!!!! We get a bill in the mail for the phones and a month of service!! Now we are once again on the phone with these inept yahoos. (We've been disconnected many times and keep being put on hold and have to start all over again) Save your sanity. DO NOT do anything with AT&T. "

2017-08-28

Please never even go with AT and T service for anything!

"It is the worst company in the world. First, they will tell you that they will charge you for internet 40 dollars plus taxes a months, then they increase the amount on 57 dollas a months plus taxes. They if you want to disconect your service they will tell you to pay for the last billing cycle and you will. After a while they will send you to collection service for 94 dollars extra as a finale bill. Then you will be like WTF why. Do not go with them ever!!! "

2017-08-15

Burn, 'em and turn 'em

"I assume that's their training policy. They don't have a solid billing department, just more sales. I've never cared about someone learning English as a second language, but I'm too nice about it. I went to transfer services and I assume the lady didn't understand me when I said 5 times that I only wanted to transfer services. She was likely using too much of her brain in terms of translating thoughts and upselling me some trash package deal that saved me $10 a month, but came with an entirely new installation fee. AT&T also fought to end net neutrality, so when they go about throttling my websites I will gladly disband the internet considering that life adventuring hiking running bicycling football baseball friends working on cars is significantly more enjoyable than paying for corruption throttling and shity customer service. "

2017-08-09

Liars

"Service went down on a Sunday, they stated they would resolve the issue on Monday, couldn't finish due to outside cable is broken somewhere and they couldn't locate the break. Called the tech bwcause he never returned, call AT& T and was told it will be ANOTHER THREE WEEKS before anyone would be here. We live in Franklin, TN, no small area, so I STILL want to know why the tech and the company lied to us! Meanwhile, my business takes a huge hit. WE ARE LOOKING AT A DIFFERENT COMPANY NOW. Enough of broken cables, modems breaking, and lying employees! I will tell everyone how awful they are and they can pick up their equipment in the street."

2017-08-07

International charges

"Call to have the international plan back dated( done many times since I been with the company for 8years) first customer service told yes it will be $40 dollars you will received a credit on your bill( have the conversation since it was a live chat) never credit my account , so I call asked for a manager spoke with Renzo commission code Mr396k he said sorry I can't help you. Seriously AT&T is that the service you provinding me after 8 years of taking my money.. LEAVING THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY

2017-08-06

If your thinking about getting their services, DONT.

"Worst experience I've ever had with a company. I've had two people come to my house, after a 3 hour phone call. And yet I have neither wifi or cable. Each time is a new problem that they are too stupid to fix. This company would be better off not existing and I now see why other companies have MUCH higher ratings. Verizon KICKS YOUR ****. I am beyond LIVID about this disservice and waste of time. DO NOT bother wasting your time like I've wasted mine, avoid this company at all costs. "

2017-08-03

Unlimited data, no hot spot

"Have an unlimited data plan with AT&T but cannot turn the hotspot on on my Kyocera duraforce Pro because I have unlimited data and they don't want you to use it. Kind of a crappy scam"

2017-08-01

At&t will say anything for a sale.

At&t customer service is garbage.

My wife and I signed up for att with thier switch progam I was assured it would be a "easy" switch from t-moblie to at&t I would just need to submit my final bill for reimbursement.
They asked me and my wife if we wanted to keep our old number or get new ones. My wife kept hers I picked a new one. Now after submitting my bill at&t denied me and my wifes reimbursement becuase I picked a new number. I was on the phone for hours with customer service and they said they could do nothing and I would have to call the store.
The guy at this store said all he could do is give me 100 bucks, and that I should call the other company that is responsible for the switch program. "Why I should I have to call another company when I signed up with at&t is ridiculous to me".
I called at&t customer service back and after a few more hours on the phone finally got them to accept my wifes portion of the bill mine is still "pending" I have to call back in about a week to see if they will honor it.
So first impressions as a at&t customer is the customer service so far is hot garbage. I was sitting at the table with these folks being sold and NO ONE told me that getting a new number was going to be a problem. If I had known it was going to cost me hours on the phone getting shuffled around transfered to automated message machines and potentially costing me hundreds of dollars I would have just kept my old number.
So if you are going to a at&t store be very aware you may not be getting the whole story. These people are there to sell you, and will not go out of thier way to warn you away from potential problems, and if you fall into a problem they defiantly are not going to do the call work for you to get it worked out, and you will probably spend hours on the phone playing the lottery that is at&ts customer phone support. Update called back today and they would not honor my reimbursement after hours on the phone I got a supervisor that would send me a free tablet hopfully I can sell it to make up the difference in the money they stole from me. 0/10 I will be leaving at&t as soon as financialy possible.

2017-07-13

Switch Scam

"3.5 months ago ATT convinced me to switch two lines from T Mobile and it sounded like a great deal. They promised to pay up to $650 per phone and we were given two new Iphone 7. After 3.5 months we still have not received payment in the form of a ATT VISA card and TMobile sent us to a collection agency for $798.00 and with threats to put it on our credit report if not paid in full you are forced to do it. I spent over a hour on the phone with 4 different people from customer service to customer loyalty to the switchover people and no resolution except you sent it to the wrong place and we have no record of it run around. No one could tell me when or how much we were due and told me to go back to the store that sold me the deal. Good luck. Now we are stuck and could probably switch and run into the same problem elsewhere. This was supposed to be so easy, new phones, won't cost you anything and save us $$. Ended p costing me $800. Buyer beware - these sales people will tell you anything to get the sale."

Share AT&T Wireless Services's store rating

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

AT&T Wireless Services is not a merchant member
AT&T Wireless Services does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!