Stores > 1-800 CONTACTS

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.82/10 6.82/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.36/10 6.36/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.75/10 5.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review 1-800 CONTACTS by clicking a star below.
2017-11-28

Scam

"So i ordered from this company and they took the $60 off of my account and then the ordered declined because my prescription was expired so they said they would put the $60 on my bank account i said okay sounds good i didnt think anything about it well here we are a week later and they put the money back on my account and then took the money off of my account so i called them i said wheres the $60 you were supposed to put back on my account and they said oh well we did and i said no you didnt because i looked at my bank statement and there's nothing from 1800 contacts ever like i never made a purchase with them nothing so now my bank account is over drafted because of 1800 contacts taking the $60 back out of my account after they said they put it back so they put the $60 in my account for 2 seconds then took it right back out so they scammed me I'm not ordering from 1800 contacts ever again litterally the first and last experience I've had with them"

2017-11-28

They are a scam

"They took money out and never gave it back and now my bank says they can't help me because I never purchased anything "

2017-11-16

Saved almos 300 dollars!

"This is the only place i get my contacts from. It was almost 300 dollars cheaper compared to they eye doctor and the contacts were the same quality. "

2017-10-20

Accurate

"First off I will say the website is amazing! When I went to check out the site they were offering free online eye exams. I got a chance to miss that 50$ charge for the exam.

Waiting for a Dr to review my prescription was fast! It said it would be available on the 19th of Oct and it was available on the 19th.

I needed my lenses ASAP so I went with the 20$ next day delivery and they definitely arrived the next day. Order was placed on Oct 19th and arrived Oct 20th via UPS. I'm satisfied with 1800 Contacts had no problems even when I called them twice the customer service was A1. However I wish they used another company other than UPS to deliver with. UPS left my package sitting in my lobby :/ and I wish 1800 contacts sent a small travel sized bottle of solution. But thanks for my Sweet tarts candy gift ^_^

2017-10-11

Amazing Customer Service, Quick Shipping

"I am blind as a bat and also really terrible with keeping up on my contacts supply. So of course I lose my remaining right contact with no backup supply. Because my prescription is so insane (and specialized), my contacts were not in stock. HOWEVER - after I called them and explained my predicament, they expedited the order and picked up next-day shipping for me. So instead of the standard 4 weeks estimated delivery time, I got my extra special contacts in just over a week. When I called initially, there was no wait to speak to someone (a real person in the US of A!) and the young lady was extremely friendly and helpful. On top of all that, ordering is easy and the prices are fair and reasonable - much less than I would pay at my optometrist's.
Thank you so much for the great experience! I can finally SEE!

2017-09-19

Outstanding customer service

"My husband has been using this company for many years and loves them. i just started ordering and have had great experiences so far! I uploaded the Rx online, and someone called almost immediately to say they couldn't read the Rx, so I was able to correct it immediately. Then, my flex card wasn't processing, and someone else contacted me. I asked about the expected arrival date as my daughter needed these before her prom, and they upgraded the shipping free of charge to ensure that she got them on time. And she did!
Next time around, the order shipped to my old address (I had updated the address online but maybe it didn't stick or maybe I updated billing but not shipping?),then was returned to them. I called before it got back to them, and they rushed us a replacement pair, free shipping - which we really appreciated as our optician has yet to replace my daughter's broken glasses (but that's another review). Every time I speak to 1-800-CONTACTS, they are genuinely friendly, as if they know me. They're a big company with a friendly small town feel. I can't imagine ever getting lenses from my doctor again and having to drive in to get them during business hours.
Highly recommended!!!

2017-09-17

Total garbage

"If I could leave zero stars I would. Complete garbage. Totally unmanageable website, over priced and a waste of time. Get your contacts anywhere but here "

2017-09-12

Amazing Customer Service

"Their customer service team is amazing! Had lots of struggle getting my prescription info to them and still received my new contacts before I left on vacation! Even got them a day earlier than they said they would arrive. Won't get my contact from anywhere else again! "

2017-08-18

One Day Shipping is a Scam

"I paid twenty dollars for one day shipping in order to get them before a backpacking trip where I would need them (I had forgotten my other contacts at home), and they didn't get to me for three days.... I left for the trip the day before they came and I never got to use them for their intended purpose. If I knew one day shipping was going to take three days, I never would have paid the outrageous $20 to ship one box of contacts. "

2017-08-15

It will take forever to get your contactd

"Hope you don't need contacts right away, their shipping is aweful. I made two orders, got my daughters in a few days, still waiting for mine. No real savings, could have gone to the optical center in Walmart and got the same price and had my contacts the same day! "

2017-08-14

You won't get your contacts...

"First time using this service and I will never use it again. I placed my order at 10am on Friday. No one called to tell me my prescription didn't upload and I PAID for the 1 business day shipping. I had to keep calling them, only for them to tell me that UPS had already came and my contacts will be shipped tomorrow and I'll receive them by Wednesday.... I paid for 1 business day shipping. They may have decent pricing but keep in mind, you get what you pay for. Don't wast your time with them! Now I won't have my contacts till Wednesday, even though I placed my order Friday morning. SMH... "

2017-08-14

Great experience

"I'm not sure why 1-800-CONTACTS seems to get so many negative reviews. I've ordered multiple sets of contacts with them and have nothing but good things to say about them. When you call in, you always get a human being immediately (no recording) and they are always great in helping you with your situation.

Not only do they price match pretty much everywhere, but they will buy your old contacts back if your prescription changes, or if you just change your mind. Add on free shipping and no tax in most states, and this makes them a win-win.

I cannot recommend them enough.

2017-07-18

Honestly can say this company has the best customer service!

"I hadn't received my contacts for a while after ordering them so I called the 1800 number and was immediately connected with someone. We discovered that I accidentally shipped my contacts to an old address at my college. I told the rep that I would just go pick them up on Saturday. It was tuesday at this point so the rep said that he would send a new box to the correct address by thursday so that I would have them a few days early. He said that I could just mail the other box back when I get them, and if there was any mistake and I couldn't get them or send them back I wouldn't be charged. I got the new contacts the next day! (on wednesday) and picked up the old box on Sat. I hadn't received the return label so I called the number again and someone immediately answered and I told them I would need a new shipping label. Again, through my own fault, I had the shipping label sent to the wrong email address and the rep corrected it immediately. He also said that they appreciated my honesty in sending them back so they gave me free shipping and 10% off my next order! BEST COMPANY EVER!!!!"

2017-07-11

Zero Product Knowledge

"I live overseas and can only get a multifocal lens from the USA. I sent prescriptions from two different doctors, and 180 Contacts could not figure out what to do. They even called my doctor, and still could not piece together the information. My doctors confirmed the specs on my prescription, but the lens was not available in those specs, so they doctors had to completely modify the prescription. All the while, I was calling internationally and receiving emails from 10 or 11 different people creating a ton of confusion.. After a long miserable process, I was finally able to place the order only to receive a call the next day, saying the specs were not available, and I need a new prescription from the doctor. My doctor is having to write a fraudulent prescription to meet the specifications of their lens. It's ridiculous. I have never seen a team of people with so little product knowledge and/or experience in dealing with overseas customers. I had an absolutely miserable experience dealing with this staff of people....and 10 days in and God knows how much money in phone calls, still no contact order. Silly!"

2017-07-10

Truly the best customer service experience!

"I've ordered 1800 contacts for years and have never had an issue. Tonight I realized that my new order was placed incorrectly by me when I put 1 of my new lenses in and it was blurry. I checked my old box and behold, I ordered +4.5 instead of -4.5. It's 1045 pm and I called the 1800 number. No automaton, directly to a person who was the nicest customer service representative I've ever spoken to. She not only put in the replacement but upgraded me, for free, to get the replacement by Friday. I will continue my business with them as long as they're in business and really appauld them for outstanding service. "

Share 1-800 CONTACTS's store rating

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

1-800 CONTACTS is not a merchant member
1-800 CONTACTS does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!